Mini Theme 2182 - Legends of the Hidden Temple III - Over!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 598, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 595, notscience wrote:But this game day was a waste.
I don’t like this mindset, but you tried at least. Unlike SOMEONE.
Who is SOMEONE?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

You’ll know in a second.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by notscience »

If it’s bulge or agar I called it first
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hehe quote wall go brrrrrrrr

All of these I had put into the team PT before, and I have not edited down anything I initially wrote, so you can see my full thought process. I have, however, added in editorial notes on things where I wanted to comment on how they aged, or to expand a point I thought seemed barren.

Spoiler:
In post 395, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: gamma

The lilith reaching was bad, but at least it was early stage stuff that could be town if you squint enough. Trying to frame Noraa & I talking in the PT about the game as me pulling one over on her is actively scummy (not to mention, demeaning to Noraa.)

Second, if I was scum, I wouldn't be transparent with you at all. You're not exactly in control of the game gamma, nor would I be worried about you if I was scum.

I love how pooky claims a) I'm terrible at mafia because I lost a single game to Noraa, and b) I'm also masterminding control over Noraa because she is a poor helpless little girl.

Gamma sheeping that nonsense is scummy.
I don’t like VP playing both sides on this. I’m not hell-bent on him being scum but I think he has a helluva better chance compared to Pooky. He makes solid points, but the vibes in this are all wrong. I’m not trying to portray Noraa as a damsel in distress, but his reaction to her talking about her D1 lim frequency was directly intending to turn her against our pair, at least that’s my sense. It’s not conclusive but it’s the strongest point I think exists on anyone in the pool. (I think this still holds atp)
In post 407, xRECKONERx wrote:I'm just getting a gut vibe check on him that says town

Esp from our PT posting where he was Uber excited that we both rolled town. Idk. Could be faked but I actually buy it
I trust this.
In post 426, AGar wrote:Gamma's insistence on the townread to the point of a self-vote feels very fucking weird.
The thing is, Noraa was attacking my read stability on her saying I never hold my townread of her. That’s literally incorrect, but in order to prove my motives I self-voted with the intent to prove “I am town, and I mean it with this read”.
In post 436, Starbuck wrote:Beginning to Page 9

Okay, I'm here, HAI!
In post 3, VP Baltar wrote:Has anyone played previous iterations of Hidden Temple?
I have not.

Dang, Pooky pulling no punches with a challenge on Page 4. Seems a bit early, no?

In post 127, Noraa wrote:Vp and I've been talking in the pt and I think he's pretty townie and if I had to gun to head, I'd say he's town.
If y'all are both town, why hideaway in your PT?
In post 152, Gamma Emerald wrote:After this challenge ends someone should challenge the Red Jaguars
I think they’re both scum
Why? (I think I caught your answer as I read further, but anything to add?)
In post 156, Gamma Emerald wrote:I need Starbuck/AGar to post more so I can read them
Apologies, I'm here! Work has been dumb AF this week.
In post 164, Noraa wrote:
In post 159, SirCakez wrote:like you could make that happen
if gamma is scum, ur 90% a buddy.
How so? What's the connection that you see?
In post 171, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 162, Gamma Emerald wrote:Lilith feels like she’s promoting TTvTT conflict
Your partner started a challenge on like page 3....
+1
In post 176, SirCakez wrote:gamma is way too full of crap this game to be town
I've been feeling the similarly as I've been reading through, but then again, he's fooled me once before. I'm keeping my eye on him.
In post 189, xRECKONERx wrote:also can you guys please shut the fuck up and calm down and stop spamposting irrelvant contentless bullshit posts

you're going to cause mass replacements when people who went to bed early tonight wake up with a dozen or more pages to read
Seriously, thank you.

And here comes Reck with the spicy hot takes on Page 8.
In post 196, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 132, Gamma Emerald wrote:“Scum or liability” is the lazy/bad way to read Pooky
What is the correct take on it?
I was wondering the same.
Seems town.

About Pooky, I said this at some point, but he pretty much seems like he does his own thing as town for the most part. He seems hard to reason with as town, it’s like he has this tough outer shell that seems unpierceable. That kinda seems to be the sense I’m getting here, but I’m not going to fool myself into thinking I know everything here. But I’d like SOMEONE to supply a second opinion on whether that seems like the vibe coming from Pooky this game.
In post 481, lilith2013 wrote:pooky’s posting looks more like what I’d expect from town!him (when he was talking about how VP was pushing him, that felt like him screaming about datisi in micro 960). I feel like I’m pretty meh about the rest of the pool. It’s hard to pin gamma and noraa because I feel like the majority of my impression of their posting is yelling at each other and I don’t think their argument should be considered AI particularly. I don’t have a good grasp on how they’re approaching the game.

How well do Noraa and VP know each other? They both seem very trusting of the other when I think town would be more suspicious/paranoid of early mutual townreads. Noraa is suspicious of gamma townreading her (a trait I generally consider towny), but why isn’t she paranoid of VP?

also just an apology, work is a hot mess. I’m trying to majorly limit screen time (ie visit ms like once per day) because my eyes are screaming for mercy. I have like... 5 more hours of work left and then can try to pop back in, but this is basically how it’s going to be for the foreseeable future.
I don’t hate this post. Asks some good questions actually.
In post 479, Untrod Tripod wrote:SirCakez
lilith2013
Starbuck
AGar
xRECKONERx
notscience
The Bulge

^ this list of people

what are your reads on the players on the table right now? how about the 8 of us talk about this. we don't need to talk about anyone who you can't vote for today. that will clutter this up and distract. just the people on the table.
Not entirely a fan of this. While the other 8 can’t be limmed, focusing on the current 4 on the table is failing to make the most of this situation, and seems like the level 0 scum play.
In post 487, Noraa wrote:
In post 481, lilith2013 wrote:How well do Noraa and VP know each other? They both seem very trusting of the other when I think town would be more suspicious/paranoid of early mutual townreads. Noraa is suspicious of gamma townreading her (a trait I generally consider towny), but why isn’t she paranoid of VP?
I have been concerned with VP before but it has never been voiced in thread.

For the most part tho, I still pretty solidly believe that VP is town.

No, we don't know each other too well.

I think he's town cuz I agree with most of what he says. That is he says stuff and I agree. Not I say stuff and he agrees.
And overall, I see town saying what he says more often than scum.
He also had one pretty town post in the hood that I'll pull out if needed and with his permission ofc.
So what, you voiced it in the PT? Where he can see that and adjust his play to fit your expectations?
Also, I don’t think “I agree with X” is a great reason for a townread most of the time. Mirror tell is valid, but I don’t think mirror tell works if the sensibilities of one of the persons is exposed.
In post 491, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 220, VP Baltar wrote:We made a deal in our PT to trust each other for now and reassess as needed. I'm ok with that deal for a day and I'm not gonna be convinced to yeet Noraa unless there is something truly compelling there.
For reference, here is what I actually said about the deal noraa proposed.

"I'm ok with that deal for a day"

You chucklefucks misrepping it like I gave Noraa a free pass forever so she'd be "naive" and never scum read me (which reads extremely misogynistic to me) can just stop.
How the fuck is that misogynistic? My read on your relationship has nothing to do with gender, is has to do with who has done what.
Noraa expressed an emotional vulnerability, and you used that to direct her against my pair. What about that is based in gender????
In post 500, SirCakez wrote:This challenge thing is really frustrating me because I feel like it's making it hard to scumhunt outside the given pool
It isn’t if you TRY.
In post 509, VP Baltar wrote:Unrelated question: if Pooky hadn't challenged, which two teams would you send into a challenge rn?
Red Jaguars and Blue Barracudas. I don’t feel good about Cakez or AGar rn, and Starbuck and Lilith aren’t doing much.
After this was originally written, I also think Starbuck has a good chance to be scum. She’s the one I called out earlier with post 563. Her laser focus on me and Noraa at the expense of any real evaluation of VP or Pooky reads like scum putting together a TvT gamestate.
In post 522, Starbuck wrote:It's interesting because there's a Gamma/Noraa 1v1 and a Pooky/Baltar 1v1 happening. I feel like I've sorted the first, but I'm not sure about the 2nd.
I’m not interested in 1v1ing Noraa, though. I think Baltar is more likely scum in that pair.
In post 535, Noraa wrote:Its great that Starbuck is throwing shade at so many people yet not voting anyone.

The fact that she decides that basically pooky and vp don't exist and the whole choice is between gamma and I is interesting as well.

She also seems to have a thing for pocketing gamma.
I agree her opting to set Pooky and VP aside is not great. She said she doesn’t have a strong opinion on those two but there’s no effort to fix that.
In post 536, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 529, Starbuck wrote:Oh VPB, this Gamma case in 395. You talk about Gamma speaking about you and Noraa hiding away in the PT, but what about Pooky who originally brought that subject to the table in the first place? If Gamma is scummy for it, is Pooky? Why vote Gamma and not Pooky?
Because at least pooky was presenting it as an original idea. I think his point was bad (which I explained why later), but I can see town motivation in trying to pressure. Gamma however is just repeating it without thinking about the validity of what is being said, presumably because he thinks it's an easy way to score points on me. That's actively scummy behavior. As is trying to say lilith is scum over an RVS comment. As is the woe is me self voting. Etc
The self vote wasn’t a “woe is me” deal at all. I essentially was saying “you don’t know me” there, since Noraa was acting like she had a lock on the situation when she was arguing things that just weren’t true. Also, just because I think Pooky’s points are solid doesn’t mean that’s all I’m working off of in my read on you.
In post 547, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 546, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm saying your reaction to Noraa proposing a trust deal to you is suspicious given that she literally just snowed you for a scumwin.
Your framing of that game is inaccurate, but anyhow...

My point is, what makes you think I haven't improved my ability to read noraa now that I've had more experience playing with her? Further, I stated how I see it as advantageous to my ability to assess her alignment.

You keep saying she's the victim here, but also I'm getting snowed and duped by her or whatever. You see how this argument is illogical, right?
How is he framing it inaccurately? I'm listening.
Also, the point he's making is you were snowed by Noraa
previously
, so your willingness to trust her
now
seems scum-motivated. I don't see how one ongoing game can change the direction of that so much.

No post really goes with this, but I’m feeling slightly town about Bulge. He seems to be asking decent questions. I also like notsci’s approach to me specifically, and his effort at making something of today seems legit, so I’m good locktowning that pair rn
In post 581, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 580, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:hes probly green cuz u want to yeet him
:roll:

Anyhow, let's move ahead with this phase. It's been a gigantic waste brought to you by pooky.

Under no circumstances should he be allowed to challenge for the rest of the game. If it's me today, that's fine and it will reinforce my point that town needs to get rid of pooky asap to have a shot at winning.

People should start voting so we can move this challenge to a conclusion and real challenges can begin.
I’m only okay with a VP or Pooky yeet atp. Because beyond the fact that I just generally feel like Noraa is town, I also feel like scum very much want to focus on me and Noraa and put us against each other. So I don’t believe Noraa is scum here, ever. Pooky’s been pretty trustworthy, he breached a few lines I wish he wouldn’t have but w/e, those are nitpicks. I also don’t like how everyone seems to have dashed to call him bad when I think his early challenge move was fine in the long-term. Meanwhile I feel like VP has tried to pocket Noraa and then attempted to steal the moral high ground when called out on it. His handling of Noraa is oddly and unjustifiably off-color from how I’d expect him to handle her following losing to her showing in MafiaSunny. I’m not confident he’s scum in general but he’s the best shot in the limpool imo.

Some summaries on how I feel about the people outside the pool (since my thoughts within the pool seem covered sufficiently by the last part of the quote wall, though to quantify alongside these, myself and Noraa are Town, Pooky is Leantown, and VP is Leanscum):
SirCakez: he seems content to let town destroy itself with minimal fuel added to the fire by him. He has not bothered to bat an eyelash at any of the non-pool players, which is scummy and also absolutely wasteful behavior. I also think his reads on me and Noraa are just awful for any situation, not just when we’re put into the arena like this. And this is the SOMEONE I spoke of just now. Scum.
Lilith: I still want more from but she had 1 post I actually liked a fair amount. She’s asking questions I’m not sure scum would want to ask. Nulltown.
Starbuck: she initially captured my mind with her thought-out quote walls but my heart didn’t buy it and my heart was validated when she wrote off Pooky vs. VP in favor of fueling the non-existent Gamma vs. Noraa fire. She has not said a single word on that since initially calling them hard-to-read. Scum.
AGar: I’m not impressed by what he’s been doing, but it’s kinda hard to articulate and is probably partially OMGUS. I wouldn’t axe him now but wouldn’t stick my neck out for him. Leanscum.
UT: he has not really impressed me with what he’s been doing in the main thread, but I’m willing to trust Reck’s read on UT for now. Nullscum.
Reck: I’m not sensing any misleading from Reck here, and he’s been pretty decent in his attempts to play the game. But I’m not entirely sold on him yet. Leantown.
Notscience: between his efforts to make something of today and the vibes his reads give me, I trust him completely. Town.
The Bulge: I want to see more from him but I think he has some diamonds in the rough. Nulltown.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Bonus question for everyone: what’s your PT like at this point? How much have each of you been posting? The second question is the one I really care about FYI.
<Embrace The Void>

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 518, notscience wrote:I mean I have used it to

A) Shit post
B) talk about how dumb a page 4 challenge was
C) mentioned my reads early on that have since changed
D) accused him of being scum with agar

Bulge has made a few posts but he’s been busy

The above is pretty much the essence of our PT
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 518, notscience wrote:I mean I have used it to

A) Shit post
B) talk about how dumb a page 4 challenge was
C) mentioned my reads early on that have since changed
D) accused him of being scum with agar

Bulge has made a few posts but he’s been busy

The above is pretty much the essence of our PT
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Curious what you see between him and AGar, but that’s good for all else.
<Embrace The Void>

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by notscience »

Nothing I just think they’re scum separately
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Gamma's at Y-2, yeah?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by notscience »

I think we should yeet someone not named gamma

I think gamma seems way more agreeable and charming as scum than this

(Meta is trash notsci we’re elimming gamma)

Ok
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: VP Baltar
Prefer this lim.
<Embrace The Void>

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 611, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: VP Baltar
Prefer this lim.
If it is me, you have to say in thread in the next phase that Pooky is an idiot
YOUR AD HERE

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

you mean isn't?
<Embrace The Void>

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 597, notscience wrote:No I was told I wasn’t giving Noraa enough credit, so I downgraded you as my first choice to you or her having scum in it.
giving me enough credit? I dunno how to interpret that. dumb it down.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Noraa »

Gamma has too many SRs and almost all of that readlist just looks like my reads that have been scattered around this game grouped together and then tweaked to sound more gamma-y.

No no. I don't think this is town gamma.

VOTE: Gamma
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well everyone's been treating us about the same, so that's gonna result in our reads being similar.
<Embrace The Void>

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Noraa »

I don't think so.

I think ur scum and if ur not, sorry. not much else to say. I prefer u. Maybe I'd compromise on vp or pooky. Im not sure.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by notscience »

Starbuck said I was underestimating you. I have adjusted my reads accordingly.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 615, Noraa wrote:Gamma has too many SRs and almost all of that readlist just looks like my reads that have been scattered around this game grouped together and then tweaked to sound more gamma-y.

I want to hear baltar's opinion on this post right now
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 609, Untrod Tripod wrote:Gamma's at Y-2, yeah?
-4. Cakez, Noraa, VP.
<Embrace The Void>

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 619, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 615, Noraa wrote:Gamma has too many SRs and almost all of that readlist just looks like my reads that have been scattered around this game grouped together and then tweaked to sound more gamma-y.

I want to hear baltar's opinion on this post right now
Scummy to say you'd yeet everyone basically
YOUR AD HERE

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 618, notscience wrote:Starbuck said I was underestimating you. I have adjusted my reads accordingly.
Does Starbuck even know my meta?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 621, VP Baltar wrote:Scummy to say you'd yeet everyone basically
scummy but truly how I feel atm.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by notscience »

No but I’m not really feeling the need to argue it. My bottom line is you or VP is scum I don’t really care which we decide to elim as long as we do that

Pooky is anti town as fuck but towns way more likely to be overtly anti town than scum, and Gamma is town.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”