PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf (Game Over)

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:26 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 4243, Solstice wrote:although you could say that DrEasy's crumb could apply to a few other investigative roles actually
I would argue that scum probably knows town roles by rule in that scenario
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:28 am

Post by Polar Bear Express »

In post 4151, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 4120, Polar Bear Express wrote:You had no problem doing this in Death Curse, why can’t you come up with even a few reads?
Noraa just shades everyone lol
Or is this gloria
why is this the only thing you pop in to say?

-nornor
Purchase a ticket aboard the Polar Bear Express and see millions of different kinds of polar bears. For example the nancy unicorn polar bears and the noraa ultrafloofy polar bears.
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:32 am

In post 4165, pichu wrote:my god Bell is admitting to fake-falling for a fake hammer and then trying to spin it as him being town fearing for his life
please do not buy the too scummy to be scum act
scum has SO much more motivation to pretend to fall for a fake hammer than town does
Bell is admitting to it because he loves going for the bold too scummy to be scum schtick
it's the same deal with mason casing people
Definitely he is trying to look TSTBS. Regardless of alignment at this point I do think that's what he's doing to try to get TRed.

-nornor
Purchase a ticket aboard the Polar Bear Express and see millions of different kinds of polar bears. For example the nancy unicorn polar bears and the noraa ultrafloofy polar bears.
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:32 am

In post 4166, pichu wrote:
In post 4159, Bell wrote:
I will not ever fake react to a a vote I know is a fake hammer.

I felt I was cornered and that votes would pile on from there.
these statements are also contradictory?
"i wouldn't fake react to a fake hammer"
"i fake reacted to a fake hammer because i felt cornered"
I noticed this also.
Pichu, soul masons?
*gets out the contract*

-nornor
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 4249, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 4246, Ircher wrote:
In post 4235, MURDERCAT wrote:I also don't like that DEB completely dipped from the thread.
Also, this isn't true. DEB's last post is only 13 hours ago. You can't expect people to be posting constantly throughout each IRL day.
You are giving DEB a lot of credit for his nothing post while criticizing me about fluff the whole game. He hasn't posted meaningfully since claiming.
I have not criticized you for fluff. I have criticized you for lacking a sense of direction and initiative this game.

Anyway, you are to some extent right that DEB's last post was fluff. But honestly, I think it's understandable when you account for 1) DEB's general playstyle and 2) the fact that Bell is pretty much conf!scum from DEB's pov. Would it be great if DEB offered insight elsewhere? Yes, of course it would. Do I expect that from the slot in this situation? No, not really.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Pichu, where would your vote be if it weren't on Bell?
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:41 am

In post 4167, Bell wrote:No, I wanted to bring this into a discussion because this game had felt like it was a Pooky's masonry -versus town - versus Flavorleaf.

We lost 3 people one of whom I was scum reading. I wanted to slow down and talk but pooky never came out of the high castle.
This reminds me of a bunch of my scum games where I was like "This is all TvT and everyone here is just too blind to see it"
blaming Pooky is not very cool considering he's the (basically only) one that thinks ur town. This also matches up with what I do in my scum games sometimes. When ur desperate, SRing and AtEing the fuck out of the one person TRing you looks desperate enough to be town.

I think my take is that I see exactly what hectic sees just not as strongly but I am willing to take responsibility for this mislim with him if it really comes to that(which I agree with him, it probably won't)
Theres a lot of Noraa scum moves that I'm seeing here that are reminding me full blown of what death curse Noraa was like.
I think the fact that bell has stayed at E-1 for like 3 days is pretty telling.
The # of cws started is really telling too.
Signs mostly point to Bell!scum with a few random signs thrown in the mix.
I think Bell lim is optimal play.

-nornor
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:44 am

In post 4172, Bell wrote:Yes, you've probably killed detective Bell and made your win con impossible unless you're scum.
Well done.
why does a detective dying fuck up our wincon?
Best case scenario if you are town is the DEB is also town so we still have a detective anyways.
Worst case scenario if you are town is that DEB is scum and we figure that out sometime down the line.

Ok I'll shut up about this point tho cuz I've been throwing hissy fits all over the place about getting SRed lately. I'm a big hypocrite sometimes :/
Dont mind me.
Catch up more~

-nnornor
Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Solstice »

In post 4250, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 4243, Solstice wrote:although you could say that DrEasy's crumb could apply to a few other investigative roles actually
I would argue that scum probably knows town roles by rule in that scenario
[Why does he crumb one of the roles he knows town has, then? Isn't that like begging to be killed if he got put up on stand before the real one?]
In post 4254, Ircher wrote:
In post 4249, MURDERCAT wrote:You are giving DEB a lot of credit for his nothing post while criticizing me about fluff the whole game. He hasn't posted meaningfully since claiming.
I have not criticized you for fluff. I have criticized you for lacking a sense of direction and initiative this game.

Anyway, you are to some extent right that DEB's last post was fluff. But honestly, I think it's understandable when you account for 1) DEB's general playstyle and 2) the fact that Bell is pretty much conf!scum from DEB's pov. Would it be great if DEB offered insight elsewhere? Yes, of course it would. Do I expect that from the slot in this situation? No, not really.
[Yeah DEB is pretty consistent with what he was doing. i dont think there's any reason to believe he's shifted to a "laying low" style as a result of the claim business, and even then i dont really see why less posting now would be more likely to make him scum]
Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 4172, Bell wrote:Yes, you've probably killed detective Bell and made your win con impossible unless you're scum.
Well done.
why does a detective dying fuck up our wincon?
Best case scenario if you are town is the DEB is also town so we still have a detective anyways.
Worst case scenario if you are town is that DEB is scum and we figure that out sometime down the line.
[Switch those two scenarios -- this is probably game-losing if it's TvT. Maybe that's a good argument for there not being 2 detectives, though. Perhaps it's too strong for scum since I guess conventional wisdom is that PRs aren't duplicated]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

Hydra account of Mistyx and Morning Tweet.
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:50 am

In post 4188, Flavor Leaf wrote:sword and shield was the worst for game, but the post game was really fun because I like to play competitively on my switch itself. Don't really care for showdown.
I want to say that this is .... very convenient timing for a scum tree stump to come in and talk but ugh ~WIFOM~.

-nornor
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:51 am

In post 4258, Solstice wrote:that PRs aren't duplicated
I recently played a mini normal where there were two docs and hectic was there too. Im assuming he knows that and still believes there aren't two town detectives here so I am believing him in that regard.

-nornor
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:51 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Scum tree stump is probably more present than you realize and bored off his rocker.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:52 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 4254, Ircher wrote:Anyway, you are to some extent right that DEB's last post was fluff. But honestly, I think it's understandable when you account for 1) DEB's general playstyle and 2) the fact that Bell is pretty much conf!scum from DEB's pov. Would it be great if DEB offered insight elsewhere? Yes, of course it would. Do I expect that from the slot in this situation? No, not really.
Fine but I think it's fair for me to expect more.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:52 am

In post 4206, Solstice wrote:[and yeah I've read the past few pages.... Bell, how do you even write this stuff as town. Are you still flustered? I would have thought that would have gone away by now.]

[I have never seen town fake-react to a fake hammer, just seen scum fake-react a small handful of times. So is this a first for me, orrr]
finish the sentence

-nornor
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:53 am

In post 4207, Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 4206, Solstice wrote:[I have never seen town fake-react to a fake hammer, just seen scum fake-react a small handful of times. So is this a first for me, orrr]
why should town be fake-reacting to a fake hammer in the first place?
they shouldn't

-nornor
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:57 am

I hate the # of times Norwee/Ali has jumped on and off this wagon. It looks so damn scummy.

-nornor
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:00 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 4258, Solstice wrote:[Why does he crumb one of the roles he knows town has, then? Isn't that like begging to be killed if he got put up on stand before the real one?]
I don't know, but I do find it weird that the crumb came after Bell started getting pressure and not until page 119.
Maybe they are just both scum, that helps me make sense of a lot of things actually.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Is the PBE wagon looking viable and not vanity yet? Pretty much only on Creature because he counters Bell. The fact that he's almost always a good lynch is bonus. I'd put my vote back on PBE if it's not vanity and can legit happen though.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:04 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Ok I am actually reevaluating quite a lot. I think the odds they are scum together is going way up in my mind.
This makes the odds we have a real detective go down, which means the odds we get anything with an extra day also go down.

UNVOTE:

I think we probably should elim in the two of them today actually.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:05 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

It seems like polar bear is not happening
GTKAMURDERCAT

Solstice
Solstice
Goon
Solstice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Solstice »

In post 4263, Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 4206, Solstice wrote:[and yeah I've read the past few pages.... Bell, how do you even write this stuff as town. Are you still flustered? I would have thought that would have gone away by now.]

[I have never seen town fake-react to a fake hammer, just seen scum fake-react a small handful of times. So is this a first for me, orrr]
finish the sentence

-nornor
["--is this just another one of those times?"]
In post 4265, Polar Bear Express wrote:I hate the # of times Norwee/Ali has jumped on and off this wagon. It looks so damn scummy.

-nornor
[why's that?]
In post 4266, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 4258, Solstice wrote:[Why does he crumb one of the roles he knows town has, then? Isn't that like begging to be killed if he got put up on stand before the real one?]
I don't know, but I do find it weird that the crumb came after Bell started getting pressure and not until page 119.
Maybe they are just both scum, that helps me make sense of a lot of things actually.
[I find that more likely than Bell!town Easy!scum by a long shot]

[Although that would still beg the question of why they think that's a good play. Oh, and did the crumbs really start that late? That could be interesting..]

~Morning
You only have one shot.

Hydra account of Mistyx and Morning Tweet.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:18 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 4270, Solstice wrote:Oh, and did the crumbs really start that late? That could be interesting..
Yeah I was catching up so I didn't look that closely but
In post 3673, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
In post 2972, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Lolol, you think I'm just gonna out it rn, I'm building a case.
In post 2974, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Of course, I was sincere in my posts yesterday.
There's a lot of paperwork involved.
I have my catch, but I need to flesh out the evidence before I can present my findings.
I started late
, but here are the obvious crumbs.
That phrase in particular sticks out to me, like DEB knows that it's off that the crumbs didn't come until after the start of day 2 and is thinking about it.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:21 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Also noteworthy is when Bell's claim comes
In post 3250, Bell wrote:K, I'm detective.
N1 I investigated Toog who killed no one.
Good job everyone.
Good job. :neutral:
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:21 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

It's kind of suspiciously close to right after DEB crumbs.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:24 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I still don't really understand what the plan would be for scum though when DEB continues to not die.
But maybe he is being intentionally not at all useful so as to be able to make the argument he isn't dead for that reason (which would likely be made through other scum players)?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”