He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?p=8414122#p8414122

Look at this post. “MathBlade looks pretty Townie” we were scum together
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1203, Infinity 324 wrote:I’m not 100% on horse, she looked quite towny in response to the guillo push earlier though and I don’t want to elim her today.
Notice anything similar?

Infinity imho has a word choice he uses as scum to defend his buddies.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

The only fucking difference is pretty got changed to quite. If I had a vig i shoot infinity here and use his likely scum flip to tunnel the crap out of Horse.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

Look at that post: Scum infinity goes for low hanging fruit in Creature
This game low hanging fruit DGB.
DGB is really active which is unusual for scum DGB (there are some scum active games for DGB so not tell levels) but more often than not it is town here unless it’s with horse and infinity. The way horse and infinity are sticking together is very very unnatural.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

If you’re going to disagree please for fuck’s sake do more than “Not feeling it”. Please so there is something to at least go off of.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:11 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1092, Infinity 324 wrote:Math can you not do the thing where you enter the game and have one silly reason to SR me and confbias tunnel me for the rest of the game please
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:12 am

In post 1180, Infinity 324 wrote:DGB kinda feels like it’s caught for the wrong reasons. The tone is really off in
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:12 am

Mathbkade caught Infinity for the wrong reason.

Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:32 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1374, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1363, Guillotina wrote:
In post 1154, DrippingGoofball wrote:After some self-examination maybe my scumreading Noraa is based on my red hot dislike of that kind of jumping moonlogik playstyle. Every time I read her posts I want to punch a wall, but everyone else just loves it, so it's me, not her.

Maybe it's best for me to not join games where she's on the player list for my own sanity. I will of course complete my commitment to this game.

In that same vein, I have an affinity for MathBlade and Guillotina posting styles and I have to reckon that there is a part of my psyche that doesn't want to scumread them.

This was my confessional.
Can you elaborate more on this? This felt like a double-pocket attempt, sorry if im wrong.
I don't have anything else to say on the topic. I still haven't figured out what "pocket" means. Townreading? Agreeing? Sheeping? Ingratiating oneself? Matching words and actions?

There should be a word for the opposite of whatever it is. Depocket?
Buddying

Pocketing refers to when a mafia-aligned player buddies up to a town-aligned player in the hopes that this will make said player view the mafia-aligned player favorably. Usually the mafia-aligned player will defend the town player in order to "pocket" them.

Please note that town FPS players do also pocket mafia aligned players to make them feel comfortable, drop their guard and stab them in the back when they have built a case.

You don't look like the FPS type, so that post looked like you were trying to pocket me if not both of us.

I like to be townread but only for the right reasons, if your reasons feel vague, it's most likely a pocket.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Will Nero get a page top?

Find out next time in Yellowstone!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:54 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1384, Nero Cain wrote:Will Nero get a page top?

Find out next time in Yellowstone!
Nah fam, this is not pagetop season it's BEAR SEASON
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:01 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1376, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1203, Infinity 324 wrote:I’m not 100% on horse, she looked quite towny in response to the guillo push earlier though and I don’t want to elim her today.
Notice anything similar?

Sorry but i dont judge based on meta from other games.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1342, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 995, MathBlade wrote:
In post 992, Noraa wrote:I take it back. I think the team is Infinity/DGB/Guillo
I pick you as scum over G every time

I town read you both but that’s a really bad take. (Except if horse is town you’re probably scum)
If horse
is
town who would be your PoE for scum that's as skilled as Noraa. And who would be your PoE overall.
I see who hammers her and go forward and do VCA from there.

Pretty much horse solves soooo much of the game right now imho.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1386, Guillotina wrote:
Notice anything similar?

Then what about the VCA from this one?

What does it tell you?

Give me something that says why you townread Horse instead of just “no”.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:07 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1388, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1386, Guillotina wrote:
Notice anything similar?

Then what about the VCA from this one?

What does it tell you?

Give me something that says why you townread Horse instead of just “no”.
I don't townread Horsewoman i just have doubts about her being scum, in fact i'm looking at her closely today to confirm something.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

Cool whatever your results please elaborate and actual discussion please.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:11 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1390, MathBlade wrote:Cool whatever your results please elaborate and actual discussion please.
What do you mean with “actual” discussion?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1391, Guillotina wrote:
In post 1390, MathBlade wrote:Cool whatever your results please elaborate and actual discussion please.
Most of this game day it feels like is “I townread X” and “I scumread Y” and it’s all naked. There’s nothing to respond to so wagons don’t develop.

I may be wrong as I don’t “know” the solution but I “know” the solution in my heart and have attempted to describe it using this game and prior games. To have that effort ignored time and time again or set aside with a simple line or two (not just you) feels pretty demoralizing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:24 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1392, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1391, Guillotina wrote:
Most of this game day it feels like is “I townread X” and “I scumread Y” and it’s all naked. There’s nothing to respond to so wagons don’t develop.

I may be wrong as I don’t “know” the solution but I “know” the solution in my heart and have attempted to describe it using this game and prior games. To have that effort ignored time and time again or set aside with a simple line or two (not just you) feels pretty demoralizing.
Yah i feel you, the problem is that other players read base on meta too, just like you, and those reads corrupt the reads of the current game. Like im aware each and every game is its own universe therefore meta is invalid.
If i were to read your case based on meta you provided from infinity in that game you two scummed together, then i would point out your post where you say that you are scum read as town and town read as scum a few posts bellow it, then it would corrupt my own read on you.

Im not savvy in VCA analysis so that is why i cant vote with you based on it, cause i dont understand it and i cant judge based on meta because everyone has meta that can be used against them. So, i believe that my game solving approach is right for me and i suggest you to be patient.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

This is something that at least gives insight on you and can hopefully help others see why I townread you. We need more posts like this. I disagree with the no meta thing but I get it as I used to be a no meta player. People please go into detail like G is when you post. Please.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Noraa »

My god. so many posts. I'll catch up tomorrow. too lazy.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1394, MathBlade wrote:This is something that at least gives insight on you and can hopefully help others see why I townread you. We need more posts like this. I disagree with the no meta thing but I get it as I used to be a no meta player. People please go into detail like G is when you post. Please.
Bruh this is too much. Like im very wary when people put me on a pedestal like that cause
Positive Reality Support
exists and elimination by associations exists too.
Positive Reality Support.

Gaslighting is a manipulation technique used to deny a person’s reality in order to make them doubt their own mind, intuition, and perception of events. The term comes from a play/movie where a husband dismisses as merely imagined his wife’s notice of the gas lights being dimmed, while he indeed inadvertently dimmed the lights by using gas lights elsewhere to search for jewels of a woman he has murdered. Gaslighting is often contrasted to the
positive support of player
‘realities’, but that support can also be feigned and twisted to mafia advantage. In fact the two are often commingled so that it becomes confusing to separate harm from an appearance of support – a passive-aggressive chipping away of player confidences, tricking them into being unsure of anything.
Imagine if you actually flipped scum, this post could associate me with you and get me misyeeted.

Let's townread each other for the right reasons, i understand my sit in your town list is not guaranteed as neither is yours in mine.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:58 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1395, Noraa wrote:My god. so many posts. I'll catch up tomorrow. too lazy.
Lmfaooo nice

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:59 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1396, Guillotina wrote:Let's townread each other for the right reasons, i understand my sit in your town list is not guaranteed as neither is yours in mine.
What does this mean?

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor