veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by veerus »

forbiddanlight wrote:Well fuck all of you then.
Vote for...

Just kidding.

MOD THAT IS NOT A VOTE!

Anyway, moving along, have fun losing town. Fucking up the doctor's advantage was the only thing you accomplished today. I hope you all die in a fire of false accusation

Go fuck yourselves. I'm done with this shit.
I really hope the moderators of this message board ban you for such unneccesary behavior and language. I certainly would not want to play another game with you.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nyeh, that's actually what happens when I come home in a bad mood and decide the greatest idea in the world is to check on my mafia games. I apologize for the language but not the general feeling behind it.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

I'm sorry but that post seemed like a desperate attempt to pull more votes off or just a rant in disgust on how you died.
Is back.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm sorry but that post seemed like a desperate attempt to pull more votes off or just a rant in disgust on how you died.
Nah, rant in disgust basically. You all are going to kill me, and I'd do the deed myself. Still half a mind to, but I'll restrain my impulses just so some other moron can hammer me so I have 6 idiots to look at instead of 5. I've already expressed my opinion in my sig, though I may clean it up.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

forbiddanlight - (5) Goatrevolt, alvinz95, Megatheory, veerus, sthar8

alvinz95 - (2) StrangerCoug, forbiddanlight

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch a player - YOU ARE IN L-1.

Also prodding Megatheory and Skillit.
Last edited by Dean Harper on Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Megatheory »

I'm here. This game got all kinds of weird when SC decided to vote alvinz for stuff he's been doing all game, then FL follows. I still want to lynch FL. I want to reread this game but I'd be cool with a hammer any time at this point.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Rage »

forbiddanlight wrote:

@Forbiddanlight, I'm going to try to get one of these up too, but could you post a PBPA of Skillit's posts, much like sthar8 did with you, with a Noise to Signal ratio? I don't mean to give you any sort of wiggle room here, I just want to know if you have something behind your view of Skillit (or the way he posts) or if it is just baseless suspicion.
Have you read any of my posts? I already did an PBPA. May not have been noise to signal per se, but it was close e fucking nough. Everyone found it stupid. So, screw it, you can find it your own damn self.
Uh.. okay.. I'll go look for it. I'm not very confident about your suspicion of Skillit right now, but I'll take a look nonetheless.
Finally, forbiddanlight, do you think that quoting someone out of chronological order is a bad thing?
Because it's a great way to make a disjointed progression of suspicions to fake an inconsistency.[/quote]I somewhat agree, because sometimes things draw your attention away , but it's odd that you think that, because you've done it a few times, even during your clash with Goatrevolt for quoting you out of chronological order. Take a look at your own post #586 if you don't believe me.

The bulk of my suspicions go towards Forbiddanlight, for blatant hypocrisy across the board, but I am not cool at all with anyone placing a hammer right now. Right now I'm going to comment on a couple of the quieter players, and by tomorrow I should be able to get a post in about the wide variety of pressure we have now. School just started, so I'm limited to posting in the evening. Anyways:

Cerebus strikes (striked, since he's probably going to be replaced) me as a pro-town, rare-contributor rather than an inconsistent-posting scum, like others may have thought throughout the game. Most of the time he asks pro-town questions to players being pressured at the time, and has had his share of pressure, but most of it has died down by now. As such, he isn't high on my list of scummy players, but I'd be willing to look into him more because my (current) role doesn't allow me to trust anyone and I don't like following any one player's every word.

Veerus, on the other hand, gives me the impression of a sometimes-contributing scum, but upon my quick reread, he hasn't done anything scummy to warrant my vote. It's just mild suspicion, because he sometimes pops his head in to sum up what's being said, and adds his opinion when he can. I would consider that pro-town, if he did more than just that for the majority of the game. As such, I don't have much of a read on him, but if I had to place him somewhere I'd put him in the center of the hypothetical list, meaning my eye could easily drift either towards or away from him, and he is not someone I'd want to vote for right now.

More to come later.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Skillit
Skillit
Goon
Skillit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Skillit »

seriously FL? just bad form no matter how you look at it. not very sporty or gracious. :cry:
Why so emotional?
The only reason to be so upset is if you are in some way losing.

Like if your scum facing a lynch.

Don't think this really needs asking, but is anyone against a hammer at this point? Do we have open topics to consider or hear on?
Think not those faithful who praise all thy words and actions; but those who kindly reprove thy faults.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:59 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The only reason to be so upset is if you are in some way losing.
Well, you see, I am losing. Because if you all continue to play like this, then town will lose. I'm not sure I'm much help alive, and as I said, I came home in a bad mood. I really shouldn't have come here after that, but anyway, good luck town. You'll need it unless you pull your heads out. Especially alvinz and SC if somehow both of them are town.
-StrangerCoug

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

alvinz95 wrote:Well anyway, those words really appealed to my emotions. If you aren't scum, I'm REALLY, REALLY sure that Goatrevolt and Strangercoug are scum.
If Forbiddan is scum, then I'm her scum buddy. If she's town, then I'm scum.

Why exactly aren't you voting for me then? Clearly I'm scum in every possible scenario you have.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Unvote

More to come.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Goatrevolt wrote:
alvinz95 wrote:Well anyway, those words really appealed to my emotions. If you aren't scum, I'm REALLY, REALLY sure that Goatrevolt and Strangercoug are scum.
If Forbiddan is scum, then I'm her scum buddy. If she's town, then I'm scum.

Why exactly aren't you voting for me then? Clearly I'm scum in every possible scenario you have.
you took it way to logically. I see this as a cheap slapback to direct attention off FL.

StrangerCoug is scum in every possibility, but I'm not voting him, why? Because no one will believe me. Same goes to you. Forbiddenlight is a viable candidate for a lynch, and part of my thoughts on scum, so why not try, as it will boost my case.

There is a possibility that there are 3 scum, so you could be scum if she's scum still. If there are 2 and she's town, then you are StrangeCoug's partner.

(of course these are not exact percents based entirely on statistics, so don't say, omg all have the same chance of being scum, so why are you so sure on StrangeCoug?)

Current Options w/ FL alive: StrangeCoug/FL/Goat, StrangeCoug/FL, StrangeCoug/Goat, Goat/FL.

If FL comes out town then it will stand as this: StrangeCoug/Goat. Which means that I'm REALLY REALLY sure that StrangeCoug and Goat are scum, as its the only option.

Truly, you're unvote again proves that you can still be partners with Forbiddenlight, or you know she's town, so you're getting off at the last second. Really, what changed your mind that Forbiddenlight is not scum?
Is back.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Unvote

More to come.
I'm intrigued. You do realize the town's basically decided to kill me today. What possible revelation could have caused your brain to turn on?
-StrangerCoug

Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Megatheory »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Unvote

More to come.
I'm intrigued. You do realize the town's basically decided to kill me today. What possible revelation could have caused your brain to turn on?
Didn't you say you were the correct lynch today? After some attention (and votes) turned to alvinz, you decided to get all belligerent and insult us for wanting to lynch you. So are you the correct lynch or not?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

alvinz95 wrote:Truly, you're unvote again proves that you can still be partners with Forbiddenlight, or you know she's town, so you're getting off at the last second. Really, what changed your mind that Forbiddenlight is not scum?
The nature of the attack against her.

At this point I'm back to where I was early in the day. I think Sthar8 is scum, and my guess at scum buddies would be BaB and Veerus.

Vote Sthar8

My abrupt switch is basically a result of a couple of things, one of which is this:
Sthar8 wrote:Correcting your scumtells after they are pointed out doesn't make them less valid. If someone were to become scummier than you, I would certainly move my vote. At this point, though, a good number of the theories being discussed assume you to be scum, and we can't act on any of them until after you're dead. In addition, you've been scummy enough today that anything we get from you is tainted until we're sure about your alignment. You said it yourself, you've been scummy enough up to this point that if we were to leave you alive, you'd distract the town and create confusion. I can't think of a reason why we'd let you live one more day. Catching scum and letting them go is just... scummy.
I don't like this paragraph one bit. First of all, I'll start with this part:
At this point, though, a good number of the theories being discussed assume you to be scum, and we can't act on any of them until after you're dead.
Alvinz is the only person who has really pushed any theories about who is scum with Forbiddan. I mentioned possibilities, and BaB mentioned something about me fitting, but neither of us really pushed those at all. In other words, the only person pushing theories whatsoever about who is scum with Forbiddan is Alvinz.

The issue is that Sthar suspects Alvinz, so why is he buying into Alvinz's theories and using them as a way to justify forbiddan's lynch? That doesn't make any sense. He wants forbiddan dead so we can act on the theories of someone he finds scummy? Bad justification.
Sthar8 wrote:Catching scum and letting them go is just... scummy.
This I also do not like. Here Sthar8 assumes Forbiddan is scum, while the previous parts of that paragraph have justifications for why her lynch is good and necessary even if she's town. That doesn't fit. Why would Sthar have to justify how her lynch is beneficial in the case she's town when by this statement here he's completely convinced she's scum?

Another reason I find Sthar scummy is this:
Sthar8 wrote: Sorry guys, but I'm just not seeing goat-scum right now. My earlier expressed opinions of his day 1 play stand. I don't like his reliance on meta, and the end of yesterday's alvinz wagon makes my skin crawl, but he seems to genuinely want to gain information for the town. I noticed that goat doesn't respond to posts that answer him, presumably unless he disagrees, but if that assumption is correct there is nothing anti-town about this behavior. The shifts in opinion seem honest to me, and they coincide with things like rereads that explain the sudden changes satisfactorily. I'm not going to clear him, but I just don't see him being very scummy.
His end result - I'm not very scummy.

His paragraph - Three things he doesn't like about my play and the statement that he doesn't want to clear me.

The issue: This is the second time Sthar has gone about pointing out scummy actions and focusing on scum tells even when he finds someone town. This fits perfectly from a scum mindset. Sthar8 wants to get townies lynched, and by clearing players and pointing out town tells he prevents that from happening. However, him pointing out scum tells on someone he thinks is townie provides two benefits to scum. 1. It allows him to get on the case if need should arise. 2. It gives others reasons to push my case even if he doesn't choose to himself. In other words, if he legitimately thinks I am a townie, then why is he pointing out actions that could fuel a push in my direction? That doesn't fit a townie mindset. A townie doesn't want to get another townie lynched, and thus is not going to point out things that would further that agenda.

Finally, I don't like how Sthar is suspicious of almost everyone. He's suspicious of Forbiddan, but also Alvinz, and also StrangerCoug. Likewise he's suspicious of Cerebus, and has shown some weak suspicions of BaB. While he thinks I'm town he's shown that he's suspicious of me as well. He's suspicious of skillit. Many of those players do not fit as scum very well with each other, but Sthar has managed suspicion on both of them. The issue is that by maintaining suspicion on so many players he leaves himself open to push whomever he wishes. He can pick to side with StrangerCoug against Alvinz if he wishes, or he can pick to side with Alvinz against SC.

So at this point I find Sthar8 to be the scummiest. BaB I still also think is scum, and my best guess at a 3rd suspect would be Veerus. I liked Rage's analysis on Cerebus/Veerus in 806. Forbiddan I'm not sure on, but I think if Sthar/Veerus end up being scum it would mostly clear her and at the moment I find it more likely that they are.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Didn't you say you were the correct lynch today? After some attention (and votes) turned to alvinz, you decided to get all belligerent and insult us for wanting to lynch you. So are you the correct lynch or not?
I am, in a way, and I'm not, in a way. I am unless people are willing to go beyond me, which everyone has demonstrated they are. Since other cases started cropping up, etc. The way I'm not the correct lynch is because I'm town and I know it, and it's usually a bad thing to kill a town player. Basically, when I was consuming the day like some good chocolate ice cream, I was the good lynch. Since people have gone past that, I'm not.

As for goat's case...damn I'm conflicted now. I wonder if my meta read was accurate on him, but there's also the fact if I decide he's not scummy anymore because he made a case on someone that's not me, it's scummy. I have no good recourse here. I can't honestly say I'm as certain as I was of goat's scumminess, but I also can't say that without automatically garnering even more suspicion since that just makes my previous accusations obvious OMGUS. To be honest, I have to sleep on this and revisit it tomorrow.

PS, it wouldn't surprise me if it were emotionally induced OMGUS.
-StrangerCoug

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

I am enacting a
deadline of Monday, September 15th.
It is non-negotiable. This day has gone on for far too long.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

alvinz95 wrote:Truly, you're unvote again proves that you can still be partners with Forbiddenlight, or you know she's town, so you're getting off at the last second. Really, what changed your mind that Forbiddenlight is not scum?
I want to address this more.

You're wearing scum-tinted glasses. You take every action I make and try to fit why I would do that as scum to fit your already preconceived notion that I am. You can literally look at everything I do from this point on and find some way to justify how I could have made that play as scum. Does that mean it's true? Not at all. You need to show why I'm scum, not just assert that I am and then show how my actions could fit if I were scum.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Rage »

I think I'm really dragging this game on, and I'm not sure I can post as actively as everyone else here does, so who would object to my replacement?

That is, if Moderator is willing to scour the interwebz again.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Skillit
Skillit
Goon
Skillit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Skillit »

if we keep going like this this game will never end
Think not those faithful who praise all thy words and actions; but those who kindly reprove thy faults.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Skillit wrote:if we keep going like this this game will never end
And what exactly are you insinuating?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Skillit
Skillit
Goon
Skillit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Skillit »

that im beyond tired of people replacing in and havin to wait for them to catch up only for them to replace out
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:44 am

Post by sthar8 »

Sorry guys, I'm halfway through a post responding to goat, but I've had a busy few days.

I'll try to get it up today, but I can't make any promises.

On a related note, if you see any headlines reading "Eastern Washington Man Sets Fire to Idiot Bureaucrats on College Campus," you can probably expect me not to post for awhile.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Skillit wrote:that im beyond tired of people replacing in and havin to wait for them to catch up only for them to replace out
Which is exactly why we now have a deadline.

Still no word on any replacements for cerebus3. I am still looking.

Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Megatheory »

sthar8 wrote:Sorry guys, I'm halfway through a post responding to goat, but I've had a busy few days.

I'll try to get it up today, but I can't make any promises.

On a related note, if you see any headlines reading "Eastern Washington Man Sets Fire to Idiot Bureaucrats on College Campus," you can probably expect me not to post for awhile.
Why can't you post some of your response now?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”