Mini Theme 2182 - Legends of the Hidden Temple III - Over!

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:16 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

its like a

"i'm gonna see if my buddy is going to be able to get out of this" mentality

and not a

"I wonder if this guy is correct and I'm 100% wrong on my townread" mentality
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

well for starters, consider the timing of the self-hammer. What did it come after? Cakez's case wall. And my vote can't be credited as repsonsible for it given I voted AGar previously and he was at E-1 when I unvoted. The only special circumstance around the hammer was the case. My sense is the scumteam wanted cakez to get the credit for posting the case before the lim went through.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i mean largely i think "i'll wait" is on par with just not commenting on the case at all which me/UT both did too so i dont really know. i guess feeling the need to say something AT ALL rather than just not commenting if you have nothing to say is like, maybe indicative of something if i squint at it?

i think i also just have a hard time thinking VPB-scum chainsaws for AGar-scum. idk. it's like almost in too scummy to be scum territory. plus i legit don't like what gamma's doing here.

p.edit: that sounds ridiculous honestly. im imagining that agar probably did give up but i think it's more likely that he thought a self-hammer would create confusion and a lot of "ooooh what does it mean" rather than it accomplishing anything
green shirt thursdays
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

A lot of scum self-hammers I've seen tend to come when their buddies are on already
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1803, Gamma Emerald wrote:A lot of scum self-hammers I've seen tend to come when their buddies are on already
great so you've narrowed the pool to cakez/lillith/pooky/notty/yourself

fantastic work
green shirt thursdays
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1802, xRECKONERx wrote:i legit don't like what gamma's doing here.
you say this
a lot
to my recollection
The reason I've taken the condescending tone towards you/UT/others this game is because this is just not how you play mafia at a high level
your feelings are not something you should be using to try and sort the game imo. I don't care what you like or dislike, and scum are more likely to try and make their arguments look appealing so imo "likeable" posting is scummy if we wanna dive into reading based on likeability
<Embrace The Void>

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:24 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

like why are we even assuming the bad guys are playing at a high level
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

that's not exactly the point I was making but w/e
<Embrace The Void>

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:31 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1805, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1802, xRECKONERx wrote:i legit don't like what gamma's doing here.
you say this
a lot
to my recollection
The reason I've taken the condescending tone towards you/UT/others this game is because this is just not how you play mafia at a high level
your feelings are not something you should be using to try and sort the game imo. I don't care what you like or dislike, and scum are more likely to try and make their arguments look appealing so imo "likeable" posting is scummy if we wanna dive into reading based on likeability
lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

holy fucking shit my dude

are you trying to educate me on how to play mafia at a "high level"???

do you... do you think you're
good
? do you think you
play mafia at a high level
? are you ranked? what's your elo?

do you think mafia is a
competitive sport
worthy of being in the olympics? what's your shot at getting in for 2024? are you gonna make nationals?

and for the record, i've already pointed out why i think your elimination helps me solve the game due to agar's reads.
i "legit don't like what gamma's doing" means i'm reiterating the points i've already made. it's shorthand. it's me not restating shit i've already stated. it's not just a feeling for me to come out this strong about it.

if what we like/don't like have nothing to do with it, how do you explain this post
In post 598, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 595, notscience wrote:But this game day was a waste.
I don’t like this mindset, but you tried at least. Unlike SOMEONE.
you can dislike a mindset, but i can't dislike your behavior? alright bud.

but hey, why am i wasting time arguing with someone i want dead anyway.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:31 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

hold on guys i didn't realize i was dealing with a professionally ranked capital g GAMER here, i need to recalibrate my shitty peasant mafia computer to be able to compete with this godlike level of play
green shirt thursdays
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

dislike my behavior, whatever
but that shouldn't be the entire reason you want me limmed
<Embrace The Void>

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

it's fucking not and i've already stated separate reasons -- specifically related to agar and the way he split his reads -- that you're continually ignoring. which i can only assume is either unwillful ignorance which is NAI, or willfull ignorance bc scum.

so lah dee dah
green shirt thursdays
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I recall you several times this challenge saying something to the effect of "I don't like gamma so I'm limming him"
That's not solving, that's high school-level cliquishness.
And I feel like the way he's done his reads implicate VP way may than me
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 519, AGar wrote:
In post 479, Untrod Tripod wrote:SirCakez
lilith2013
Starbuck
AGar
xRECKONERx
notscience
The Bulge

^ this list of people

what are your reads on the players on the table right now? how about the 8 of us talk about this. we don't need to talk about anyone who you can't vote for today. that will clutter this up and distract. just the people on the table.
Townlean Noraa. (posts like , ). I don't love the reasoning for townPooky she gives in and still want a follow up on why, but I don't find that scummy.

Scumlean GE. I really really hate his insistence that the 4 up for yeeting shut up because it creates a situation where 8 of us talk to each other about 4 people who are interacting in a limited way and then with PTs and daytalk allows for a lot of lurking and coordination. I still find his whole thing about Noraa pushing back on a townread from him very very awkward and just there's a thing about it that doesn't sit right with me - it's setting off gut pangs.

Null on VPB and Pooky for two different reasons.

VPB's early posting was kinda fluffy but the game was generally trash so it didn't feel like there was anything he was particularly dodging. Lately he's been mostly :goodposting:. I don't love the deal made, but that's just me in general and tbf I'm not a party to that so whatever. If we come to a point where it's suddenly obvious Noraa or VPB is scum and we can't get the other to vote to yeet because of a dumb deal, we'll burn that bridge then.

Pooky's early challenge set off a few gambit bells with me but then his follow up has been... the opposite of what I would call smart scum posting if he was gambitting.
In post 509, VP Baltar wrote:How about this: how many people who are not in the challenge are using their PTs to talk about the game?
Not really right now. I will likely spew some shit in there later because I find the PT useful in spots generally.
In post 515, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:2) Ok then propose a logical reason for why anyone would hide something in the PT that they are not sharing with the rest of us.
The same reason any neighborhood is worthwhile - you can discuss stuff in a limited one on one environment to bounce shit off of someone, a second set of eyes - you don't have to trust them 100% but it can help shit out. You can ask your partner their direct opinion on a topic to get a read on them. You can just work through thoughts. Plenty of people keep notes PTs. It's at worst a notes PT with another voice in there. Besides, if your partner is keeping secrets in the PT you feel should be shared with the town... you can just fucking share that info and put that badge on your partner.
In post 1052, AGar wrote:
In post 946, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 943, AGar wrote:Of the four, I find Gamma's sustained behavior most likely to come from scum
okay but I don't think it's gonna happen
What convinces you Gamma *shouldn't* eat the yeet?

@VPB
The shift in & is throwing me a bit of a loop - care to help me out here? 953 seems to insinuate you would like a Gamma yeet but the vote 2 posts later obviously strays in a different direction.

seems to miss the entire point of what UT brought up in wrt reading other players. I'm unsurprised.

Narrator: He did, in fact, misremember.

@Reck
re: - Pooky's challenge was anti-town but do you see anything in the followup to indicate scum? Or are you just finding the pool largely homogenous and that's enough to sort out among the four?
In post 1011, Starbuck wrote:If you're not sharing, this picture means nothing to me.
For just a short drive down to St. Yeet, you too could have some of these delicious cookies.

And in , we can see the wild scum circle back to the very thing that was brought up in , oblivious to the fact itself.

bad, ignores basic common sense.

re:

1. Gamma
2. Pooky
3. Noraa
4. VPB
There no sign of read progression between these two posts with VP but somehow VP is below Noraa on the "willingness to lim" scale? You're gonna need to do some serious work to covince me that's not a sign VP is AGar's scumbuddy
<Embrace The Void>

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:40 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1812, Gamma Emerald wrote:I recall you several times this challenge saying something to the effect of "I don't like gamma so I'm limming him"
i don't like you. or at least playing with you. you're a hyperspamming shitposter that makes games hard for me to understand. and yet i didn't go for you during the first time you were vulnerable bc i wasn't letting it cloud my judgment.

my opinion of you outside of the game has nothing to do with why i'm voting you.

oh hey there's that word again. you
feel like
the way agar did reads implicates vp more than you. i
feel like
i want you dead based on agar's reads

but look at us, engaging in filthy non-high level mafia play. disgusting. *feelings*, ew
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:42 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1813, Gamma Emerald wrote:There no sign of read progression between these two posts with VP but somehow VP is below Noraa on the "willingness to lim" scale? You're gonna need to do some serious work to covince me that's not a sign VP is AGar's scumbuddy
i don't have to convince you. i'm voting you. i'm not going to convince you to vote yourself.
if you read my post and reasons for doing things, you'd see i already considered *this exact fucking point you're making*

but hey i'm not reading your posts for the most part so idc if you read mine. gonna get you dead anyway
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:42 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

so whenever The Bulge gets here he can either tie the wagons so nobody gets eliminated or he can hammer gamma and we can get a flip

those are the options
green shirt thursdays
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1814, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 1812, Gamma Emerald wrote:I recall you several times this challenge saying something to the effect of "I don't like gamma so I'm limming him"
i don't like you. or at least playing with you. you're a hyperspamming shitposter that makes games hard for me to understand. and yet i didn't go for you during the first time you were vulnerable bc i wasn't letting it cloud my judgment.

my opinion of you outside of the game has nothing to do with why i'm voting you.

oh hey there's that word again. you
feel like
the way agar did reads implicates vp more than you. i
feel like
i want you dead based on agar's reads

but look at us, engaging in filthy non-high level mafia play. disgusting. *feelings*, ew
except I can validate my feelings with actual in game events. Feelings have a place in games but it's not "this persons posts don't feel right so I'll vote them with no actual connection of why the posts not feeling right equates to them being scum".
and you didn't go after me because you went after Noraa who is a lot like me. So nah, that's a no-sell.
<Embrace The Void>

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

god you're fucking delusional
green shirt thursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1805, Gamma Emerald wrote:The reason I've taken the condescending tone towards you/UT/others this game is because this is just not how you play mafia at a high level
earlier in this game you bragged about how you read a webcomic fast one time
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:12 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1697, The Bulge wrote:I'm about to start drinking but I'm planning on reading up and hanging out with you folk later tonight :mrgreen:
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:12 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1795, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1358, VP Baltar wrote:Thanks for posting. I have thoughts, but I'll let Agar respond first.
like how is this even the response to cakez case that he's been asking for ? who gives a shit what agar's response is?

the whole point of this game is for like you to express YOUR opinions about the case and whether you believe its valid or shit because ____.

it makes 0 sense to punt to agar.

wtf is agar going to do,

walk in here and be like "this is a very good case, I am scum, you have caught me good sir"
I agree that the post you're referencing is weird. however, there are people who like to "respond" to cases people make against them so maybe VP is someone who cares about stupid bullshit like that?

idk, I had no idea what was going on yesterday so at the time that level of caution made sense to me. in the abstract it looks like a Bad Post, so that's a good catch.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:12 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1644, Gamma Emerald wrote:not a lot of content but he did post up a case-type thing once. He also responded to a couple of post drafts of mine
we were playing chess earlier but I suspected foul play and stopped the game
In post 1645, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:IMAGINE THINKING I WOULD CHEAT AT CHESS HOLY SHIT
I just wanna say this destroys me every time it is mentioned. 10/10 bit
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:13 am

Post by The Bulge »

anyway

VOTE: Gamma

bonk