Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1956, innocentvillager wrote:He has kept username in some of his solves lately but like, only as a very passing note. He has kept username in some of his solves lately but like, only as a very passing note.
This is the extent I see you talk about my views on username. I'm not following how this is about an "evolution" of my read. .
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
PageTopAndy
PageTopAndy
Townie
PageTopAndy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:44 am

Post by PageTopAndy »

In post 1974, VP Baltar wrote:Andy, I asked you your preference today given you aren't voting yet. I want to hear where your head is at.
right right right

Town
IV-Solid (Unless he is actually the wolf which seems unlikely he is town)
VP-lean (I think he brought up some good points and I like his tone)

Null
Bulge, Username, Asoka (I just don't remember seeing much from them that stands out)

Scum
Klyne (If he is town I don't understand why he isn't cooperating)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:52 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 1976, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1956, innocentvillager wrote:He has kept username in some of his solves lately but like, only as a very passing note. He has kept username in some of his solves lately but like, only as a very passing note.
This is the extent I see you talk about my views on username. I'm not following how this is about an "evolution" of my read. .
it's there, just control+F "I think VP Baltar had a weird read evolution on username" and the section is there
PageTopAndy
PageTopAndy
Townie
PageTopAndy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:58 am

Post by PageTopAndy »

In post 1963, Ahsoka wrote:Bulge/IV actually became a lot more possible considering Bulge backed off.
Why do you think Bulge was backing off of IV rather than backing off of the game?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1978, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 1976, VP Baltar wrote:
it's there, just control+F "I think VP Baltar had a weird read evolution on username" and the section is there
Ok, I'm on my phone, but I must have missed it. I'll check later when I'm on a computer
YOUR AD HERE

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:46 am

In post 1952, VP Baltar wrote:Sometimes it's as simple as the lurkers and uninfluential people being scum. Given the mass of replacements in this game, you should understand scum haven't exactly been playing master class here.
im not sure what the replacements have to do with Bulge/Klyne being the scumteam?

and sure *sometimes* it is that simple, but this game has really been stalled out for a while and to think that a Bulge/Klyne team didn't take advantage of that and push anything when it would've been easy to just seems... like really bad scumplay

if you are town, I don't like the fact that username consolidated with you on Klyne or the way he did it. Also could point to username/Bulge somewhat, with username's initial bus vote and Bulge's aggressive chainsawing at me when I've been attacking username somewhat

idk I still think you're scum but im still paranoid and getting mixed vibes from you so if you're town i'd like to try and convince you that at least username is likely wolf?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1981, innocentvillager wrote:idk I still think you're scum but im still paranoid and getting mixed vibes from you so if you're town i'd like to try and convince you that at least username is likely wolf?
If you want to know my paranoid theory, it is that username really could be a wolf here. I've kind of been watching how he voted around Klyne/Bulge to guage intentions and motivation. He did give a decent explanation for his switch, but that's not outside the realm of faking. (Plus I just haven't had time to closely fact check all his linked posts).

At the end of the day, if the consensus is username, I'm going to vote there. I know my alignment, so he has a better chance of flipping wolf than me.

I do want to respond to your points about Klyne though. I just need to get the time to do that. My work life is hell because of the coup. I'm going to try after my shift today if I get off at a reasonable time.
YOUR AD HERE

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:39 am

In post 1760, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 1750, iamausername wrote:
In post 1645, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 1644, iamausername wrote:i feel like Titus may have been extremely close to nailing it here. i think she was completely on the money as far as scum having to attack the townblock, and that's what i'm seeing today from IV. i think VP, clidd and i have all successfully identified each other as town, and that is bad news for scum.
why do you feel so strongly that this is the case?
my experience playing with VP has been one game in the last year where he was scum, and one very memorable game in the distant past where he was scum. it's possible that we have played games together where he was town, but i don't remember any of those.

when VP first replaced into this game, he replaced a player who had seemed scummy to me, and i was pretty tunneled on him initially. probably because all the experience i have with VP is him as scum, and so i interpreted some things that are just his mannerisms as being his scum mannerisms. but as the game has gone on, it has become increasingly clear to me that my initial read was erroneous. he definitely feels different from his scum game here.

as far as clidd goes, i just didn't get any sense from the way he was playing that he had an agenda here. of the two, i feel slightly less strongly about this one, clidd has certainly been a little more reactive than proactive, but that doesn't seem like it would be a particularly reliable tell in a multiball setup anyway.

if we get flips that don't fit with my current understanding of the game, i will reevaluate, as i have done throughout, but i have no interest in executing either VP or clidd today.
i don't know if i love this

specifically the part about VPB-username-clidd just somehow being a "townblock that successfully identified each other and we just need to sail this townblock to victory"

it seemed agenda-y, like trying to phone in the wolf win and pocket VPB/clidd to charge straight ahead. i don't get the sense that this is a real thought with little paranoia, and the reasons stated here don't seem strong enough to merit that level of confidence in the gamestate imo
this was the impetus for the initial gut fos vote for my iamausername vote
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Ahsoka »

I think Pagetop is Mafia because it looks like they're only looking for one team, and I think they're new telling it.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1984, Ahsoka wrote:I think Pagetop is Mafia because it looks like they're only looking for one team, and I think they're new telling it.
Maybe. I mostly want to hit a wolf today if we can because of the way that affects Xylo. I explained that breakdown a bit when iv asked if we were in Xylo already today. Plus eliminating mafia just gives the wolves a free kill at night.
YOUR AD HERE

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:06 am

im gonna be honest, for some reason your rxn to my push comes off as towny and i hate it
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Ahsoka »

let's just fade Bulge
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:16 am

i hate this game why did i ever replace in
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1987, Ahsoka wrote:let's just fade Bulge
This is kind of where my head is at.
YOUR AD HERE

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:18 am

dead thread fucking screaming at us rn probably, especially Datisi

the only people i think im voting today are {username, The Bulge, VP Baltar} aorn
Klyne
Klyne
Goon
Klyne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Klyne »

WTF is this Solve horseshit I keep hearing about

When I post and vote people that's part of my solve, I don't get the newly established mafia jargon AT ALL. What you see is me making a decision based on my fucking thought process

AND HERE IS MINE TODAY

PAGETOPANDY IS SITTING ON HIS ASS EXCLAIMING DETERMINISTIC VALUES DESPITE SEEMINGLY NOT BEING CAUGHT UP OR EVEN ENGAGED. IT JUST DON'T MAKE A LOT OF SENSE AND I HOWL AT HIM TRYING TO TELL ME I'M NOT SOLVING. SOLVE YOUR OWN LACK OF READING FIRST. BULGE HAS DISAPPEARED INTO THE WOODS AND HASN'T COME OUT SINCE. THE DEFLATED TOWN SHTICK IS PROBABLY THE ONLY ANGLE HE COULD PROVIDE WHILE THE REST OF US ARE HERE OUT GRINDING. I DON'T BUY IT. IV SHOWS DELIBERATE BEHAVIOR THAT BODES WITH A FRUSTRATED TOWNIE FEELING LIKE HE IS EITHER NOT BEING LISTENED TO OR SURROUNDED BY WOLVES. BALTAR IS GRANDSTANDING IN SOME OF HIS POSTS THEN ASKING PEOPLE TO TRUST IN HIM ALL THE SAME. I DON'T WANT TO GET THERE YET BECAUSE IT WILL LITERALLY TURN INTO BUH BUH BUH KYLNE WOLF SOMEHOW. AHSOKA HAS ALREADY MADE UP THEIR MIND AND SO LONG AS WE AGREE ON SOME LEVEL I DO NOT CARE WHAT THAT MEANS.
Klyne
Klyne
Goon
Klyne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Klyne »

VOTE: The Bulge

TODAY FOLKS
I GOT PLACES TO BE
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:24 am

lmfao omg

yeah i don't want klyne today lol
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:28 am

fuck it is it really just username bulge

bulge username iso

brb
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:30 am

Post by iamausername »

IV, a lot of your problem with me seems to be that i'm behaving differently from the only other game you've played with me. this is true, i am probably playing differently, but it's not because i'm scum, it's because that was a totally different game.
first of all, it was a freakin' cult game, so a different scumhunting approach was needed, but really, the more important difference is that i was heavily suspected throughout much of that game, coming very close to being executed on D1, while here i have had... i think zero votes before yours today? i might be forgetting one somewhere, but certainly i have not had my back against the wall in remotely the same way.
i've not been addressing your push, as you noted; i often don't address cases being made against me, because i don't find that to be a good use of my time when i could be spending it figuring out who is scum. i already know that a case against me is wrong. rather than try to convince anyone else about this from my necessarily biased position, i prefer to try to present a more convincing case against someone who actually could be scum.

i might acknowledge a push against me if i think the person doing the pushing is acting in bad faith, as in fact i did with you at the start of this day, and again when Ahsoka suggested that i could be mafia. i might question them about it to determine whether or not they are acting in good faith. but as a general rule, i'm not going to go through point by point refuting everything someone says about me. i think it is generally a bad way to play the game.
In post 1956, innocentvillager wrote:His only interaction like, with me specifically, long after I’ve been voting him, is to expand my possible pool of mafia .
also, on this specific point; my question there was not about 'expanding your possible pool of mafia' (not something i would have any particular motivation to do as wolf anyway?). i still have lingering concerns that IV/Bulge is a possible wolf pair, and i'm wondering if you forgot to include him as a possible mafia there because you know he can't be. i figured your response to that question could potentially give further insight into that.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:31 am

Post by iamausername »

In post 1977, PageTopAndy wrote: IV-Solid (Unless he is actually the wolf which seems unlikely he is town)
did you mean to say mafia here or what

there are two wolves
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:32 am

Post by Ahsoka »

Like worst case scenario, we lose the least active player in the game. We're not endgamed or anything yet.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:34 am

Post by iamausername »

i really think Klyne/Ahsoka is the wolf team with the way they're both suddenly gung ho for Bulge execution after i unvoted him. i think they were expecting us to default to that without them having to actually push it.
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Ahsoka »

why did you take my solve right after I stopped pushing it IV, ugh

Return to “Completed Open Games”