forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:08 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

What is this, the Too Mafioso argument?

Wrong, it's too townie. Just phrased differently. Honestly, Sthar's defense does boil down to "OMG, hypocrisy" and seems to ignore other points. And it seems that when Goat stirred the pot the outcry for my lynch started up. If and when I die, you would be wise to take a look at who wanted me dead before goat could say anything. You'll find your mafia there.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:10 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Well, I'll tell you this: You and alvinz95 sure make this one of the most interesting games I've played, if a good deal of frustration goes with it.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:07 am

Post by veerus »

Goatrevolt wrote:That isn't the only reason that I no longer think FL is town. Perhaps she's exceptionally skilled at WIFOM and I'm buying into it but I feel
her play has been pro-town as of late
. Her suggestion that we lynch her so the town can move on to discussing other targets, thus expressing worry about the town losing track of scum by focusing solely on one target, speaks to me of a pro-town mindset. Her dropping of suspicion on me after I stopped attacking her doesn't come as a surprise to me, as I considered her attack on me to be 100% OMGUS anyway.

At this point, I really get the feeling that forbiddan is a mislynch and thus I am switching targets.
How do you explain away her earlier inconsistant behavior that got her into her current predicament?
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Rage »

PBPA is coming along fine, but I would like to hear from alvinz before I post it. If he doesn't post by the time I'm done, I will still be posting it, however.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:10 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

How do you explain away her earlier inconsistant behavior that got her into her current predicament?
How about I explain that. Or try to. For some reason, no matter what alignment I am, I react horribly to pressure and pretty much always get lynched for it. I guess after I accepted I was being lynched I calmed down enough to think? It's rather odd. Ah well, I tried.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:23 am

Post by sthar8 »

forbiddanlight wrote:Sthar's defense does boil down to "OMG, hypocrisy" and seems to ignore other points.
Umm, what? Only a couple of his points were based on hypocrisy, and I defended against them even while I was calling him out on them.
forbiddanlight wrote:And it seems that when Goat stirred the pot the outcry for my lynch started up.
You mean that when goat and SC abandoned the lynch I thought we'd agreed upon, for poor reasons, I tried to talk them back onto it? Why is that surprising? We've caught scum, and there is no protown reason that you should get away.
goatrevolt wrote:Your reasoning here is that sthar8 was a mind reader? That sthar8 knew others had theories about who was scum with forbiddan, but nobody voiced them yet? He's just that good at reading people's minds?
Horse Laugh. With the number of people who had expressed theories about FL's partner, and having such theories myself, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that the evidence is indicative of a trend. That's not actually what happened, but attacking that assumption as you have shows poor reasoning.
goatrevolt wrote:That mostly stemmed from your analysis of every player for the reasons I brought up against it before.
Which I had responded to, and you had not pursued further. Seriously, if you didn't like my answer, you need to make that clear. There's no way I can defend myself if I don't know what I need to defend against.
goatrevolt wrote:I mentioned BaB's as being not very meaningful because he wasn't pursuing it. At the moment, it's now the meat of his case against me, which does lend validity to your stance, although after the fact. I don't recall that post by megatheory, but it's valid in your defense. Veerus's post is completely irrelevant.
Why is it not meaningful that BaB's waiting for the evidence that I said he was waiting for? And veerus's post is entirely relevant. It's a summation of an argument between SC and alvinz that assumes a particular result from FL's lynch, making it a theory that needs the info from her lynch in order to develop.
Goatrevolt wrote:What theories do you personally buy in to? If theories about who is scum with FL is part of the reason for your vote, then I'm curious as to which ones you find especially meaningful.
I don't and they're not. Without the solid information from the lynch, scumpartner theories are worthless, which is why I've kept
mine
out of thread. My vote is based entirely on the
pile of scumtells
that FL has cranked out this game. Everything else is bonus.
goatrevolt wrote:...but why mention that? You specifically saying "but I don't want to clear him" gives off the impression that you are not solid in your opinion. Whether or not it's true that you don't wish for me to be 100% cleared (which is true, naturally), mentioning that you don't want to clear me creates the idea that your read isn't strong.
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! When did I say my read on you was strong? And how is it scummy that it isn't? To my eyes, this looks like you're suspicious of me because I'm not sure enough of your alignment to outright defend you, even though I expressed my opinion that you are probably not scum.
goatrevolt wrote:I think it's also anti-town to list reasons you find a pro-town player's actions scummy though.
Why? Isn't it in the town's best interest to make sure that everyone has all of the information? If I were wrong about you, or anyone else, providing my thoughts on any anti-town play could allow someone else to point out the error in my thinking and help us catch scum. I would agree that it would be counterproductive to provide examples on someone that I'm sure enough about to defend, but there are only a few people matching that description in this game, and none of them are under serious attack currently.
goatrevolt wrote:My point is that if you were to hop on my wagon at a later point, even if it were for legitimate points, it doesn't reflect as poorly on you if your town read of me from earlier contained some points which allowed you to easily transition.
So I'm suspicious because you think I'm defending against something that isn't a scumtell? Why would changing my mind on you reflect poorly on me
at all
, if I provided solid reasoning to go with it?
goatrevolt wrote:Show me where you refute.
1. "I don't like his reliance on meta" is not a scumtell, it's just bad play. (in my opinion)
2. "the end of yesterday's alvinz wagon makes my skin crawl" corresponds to "The shifts in opinion seem honest to me, and they coincide with things like rereads that explain the sudden changes satisfactorily." This would be obvious to anyone who checked the context of the alvinz wagon.
3. "goat doesn't respond to posts that answer him, presumably unless he disagrees, but if that assumption is correct there is nothing anti-town about this behavior." I hope I don't have to point this one out :wink:
goatrevolt wrote:My issue was that you had so many suspects, but I didn't see any real town reads out of you
So you agree that I shouldn't announce town tells in thread, but not doing so makes me suspicious if I also express my own suspicions?

And since when is three suspects and one worry too much for a twelve person game?
goatrevolt wrote:My read is that you're playing the field, pushing as many players as possible, and leaving things open-ended to allow you to go wherever best suits you as scum.
As evidenced by my single-minded pursuit of FL today, right?
goatrevolt wrote:I don't think those theories should be pressed until after X's alignment is known, though.
sthar8 wrote:At this point, though, a good number of the theories being discussed assume you to be scum, and we can't act on any of them until after you're dead.
But my desire for information that would allow us to evaluate these theories, because they are held in part by someone who I find suspicious, is scummy?
goatrevolt wrote:I feel her play has been pro-town as of late. Her suggestion that we lynch her so the town can move on to discussing other targets, thus expressing worry about the town losing track of scum by focusing solely on one target, speaks to me of a pro-town mindset.
This is horrifyingly flawed. The fact that we've pointed out FL's scumtells, and she subsequently stopped displaying them, only proves that she can read. Nothing she has done nullifies the huge amount of scummy behavior we've seen in any way. And the suggestion that her "giving up" is a town tell is laughable as well. In her situation, it would make sense for scum to emulate the behavior of alvinz from yesterday, as that made you drop your suspicions of him and saved him from a lynch. In addition, the "lynch me, it's best for the town" strategy is a good example of WIFOM, and could be used to scare votes off of her wagon, as we have already seen.
goatrevolt wrote:The difference here is that I've brought up a lot of suspects over the course of the thread, many of whom I don't suspect anymore, whereas my interpretation is that you currently have that many suspects
I'm no longer suspicious of BaB or SC, and I've never been suspicious of you. I see no difference in the situations, because your
interpretation
of my suspicions is a list of everyone I've suspected
all game
plus some random guesses that are only tangentially supported by a misinterpretation of my arguments.
goatrevolt wrote:The issue is that if I were scum looking to do this, I would have picked a target that was easier to accomplish it with.
I've already brought this up, but it has no bearing on the fact that your argument was a straw man. Had you expressed
this
sentiment, your objection would have been valid.
forbiddanlight wrote:How about I explain that.
How about you let goat explain his own reasoning?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

How about you let goat explain his own reasoning?
How about I do what I want, when I want, since you are far from confirmed, and much less the boss of this town. Goat can explain his reasons for switching, but I figured I'd explain my inconsistencies since I'd like to think I'm the only one who knows what I'm thinking. Do any of you claim to be mind readers? Cause if that's the case I think you'd know I'm town as well. Will any psychics please come forward to clear me?

Yeah...didn't think so.
-StrangerCoug

Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Megatheory »

Unvote:
Vote: BridgesAndBalloons

I need to reread this game. I'd rather wait until closer to deadline to lynch so I get a chance to reread. B&B still looks very scummy, as his predecessor just coasted along, and his Goat case is terrible. His responses are pretty scummy, too.

I definitely see Sther8 as a possibility, though I though veerus and cerebus were about equal possibilities up until veerus got all OMGUSy over Goat.

Like I said, I'm going to reread and I suggest anybody who has the time do the same. This is a critical lynch.

Also, everybody should voice their suspicious on who may or may not be scum based on FL's alignment. The only reason not to would be to stall for time and wait until more people die. The only people who would want to do that are scum.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:54 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ooh ooh!

Ok, If I'm town, sthar, BaB, and alvinz are scum

If I'm scum, Goat and SC are my partners

Fair nuff?
-StrangerCoug

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Dean Harper »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

forbiddanlight - (4) Goatrevolt, alvinz95, veerus, sthar8

alvinz95 - (2) StrangerCoug, forbiddanlight
BridgesAndBalloons - (1) Megatheory

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch a player - YOU ARE IN L-1.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:59 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

forbiddanlight wrote:Ooh ooh!

Ok, If I'm town, sthar, BaB, and alvinz are scum

Fair nuff?
No. You're essentially clearing five players without much reasoning to it.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

No. You're essentially clearing five players without much reasoning to it.
How am I clearing anyone? If I'm scum, you can't trust a word I say, and the case of you and Goat is complete WIFOM. If I'm town, well, I guess I'm pseudoclearing you two, but actually that was more based off the obvious connections between us that were rather accidentally put there. My scum list is mostly based of people who started pushing my lynch harder when goat started having different ideas and alvinz because he's been scummy all game, but that's been exhausted.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

No we aren't.
-StrangerCoug

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Megatheory wrote:Also, everybody should voice their suspicious on who may or may not be scum based on FL's alignment. The only reason not to would be to stall for time and wait until more people die. The only people who would want to do that are scum.
If FL is scum: Then I think BaB is scum, and to a lesser extent Cerebus/Megatheory based on reasoning I presented much earlier in the day.

If FL is town: BaB -> sthar8 -> veerus

I'm going to grab some dinner. I'll answer veerus/sthar later tonight.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

alvinz95 I share suspicions with you on. Why BridgesAndBaloons and sthar8, though?

In addition, if you are scum, as far as I'm concerned you could have decided on two mislynches you want to see.

Your post says absolutely nothing about your thoughts on cerebus3, Megatheory, the second incarnation of Rage, skillit, or veerus yet implies all five of are town. I don't get it.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm going to grab some dinner. I'll answer veerus/sthar later tonight.
Goat, BaB is scum in both possiblities. Is there any reason not to vote him?
-StrangerCoug

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP: Stupid crosspost. Post #889 is directed at forbiddanlight.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

In addition, if you are scum, as far as I'm concerned you could have decided on two mislynches you want to see.
SC, just because you might be...trusting enough to take scum at their word, does NOT mean the whole town would. These suspicions would be taken as a null tell.

Your post says absolutely nothing about your thoughts on cerebus3, Megatheory, the second incarnation of Rage, skillit, or veerus yet implies all five of are town. I don't get it.
All that was asked for was scum list based on my alignment. That's all I gave :)
alvinz95 I share suspicions with you on. Why BridgesAndBaloons and sthar8, though?
Explained that:
My scum list is mostly based of people who started pushing my lynch harder when goat started having different ideas
-StrangerCoug

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Sorry about those.

sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by sthar8 »

forbiddanlight wrote:How about I do what I want, when I want, since you are far from confirmed, and much less the boss of this town. Goat can explain his reasons for switching, but I figured I'd explain my inconsistencies since I'd like to think I'm the only one who knows what I'm thinking. Do any of you claim to be mind readers? Cause if that's the case I think you'd know I'm town as well. Will any psychics please come forward to clear me?

Yeah...didn't think so.
How about you cut the manipulative "victim" crap and ridiculous, immature, emotional hyperbole. It's not working. You've already made sure that we know that the best defense you can come up with is poor response to pressure. That explains very little of the behaviors you have been accused of, and nothing of the circumstances which outed you in the first place. There is no protown reason for this kind of behavior.
forbiddanlight wrote:Ok, If I'm town, sthar, BaB, and alvinz are scum

Scummy as hell. Even if you were town, you've shown no evidence for any of those assumptions.
I like the buddying you've been doing with goat, now that he's less suspicious of you.
I also like how I'm now one of your chief suspects, with no evidence against me, now that you think you can get away with it without being called on OMGUS yet again.
megatheory wrote:Also, everybody should voice their suspicious on who may or may not be scum based on FL's alignment. The only reason not to would be to stall for time and wait until more people die. The only people who would want to do that are scum.
Or we could be avoiding distractions based on assumptions, especially since certain members of the town have shown themselves to be predisposed to such distractions.

Regardless, if FL is scum, I plan on looking at mega, Skillit, and alvinz
If she's town, I'll look at alvinz, SC, and cerb's replacement.
forbiddanlight wrote:My scum list is mostly based of people who started pushing my lynch harder when goat started having different ideas
How is that scummy?
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by veerus »

Dean Harper wrote:
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Didn't Goat move his vote to sthar8 too?
-Fight Club
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Scummy as hell. Even if you were town, you've shown no evidence for any of those assumptions.
I like the buddying you've been doing with goat, now that he's less suspicious of you.
I also like how I'm now one of your chief suspects, with no evidence against me, now that you think you can get away with it without being called on OMGUS yet again.
ACtually, I'm beginning to assume I'm going to be deadline lynched, and there's also the fact it's not quite OMGUS, so much as scummy as hell to be pushing hard for a hammer before Goat can attack you. And maybe I am buddying...which will amount to NOTHING when I flip town :).
How is that scummy?
I dunno, maybe rushing to end the day before a player outs scum is a bad idea and anti town?

How about you cut the manipulative "victim" crap and ridiculous, immature, emotional hyperbole. It's not working.
Because it's fun being ridiculous, immature, and emotional? I mean hell, you are reacting to it in a way that's rather unbecoming and immature yourself.
There is no protown reason for this kind of behavior.
Well, maybe I'll annoy the scum so much they slip :P.
-StrangerCoug

veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by veerus »

Megatheory, you asked everyone for their opinions, but you failed to express yours if FL is scum (I'm assuming your listed possibilities are if FL is town). Also, how was I OMGUSy with Goat? I simply took issue with one of his many points of emphasis that I felt was invalid.

If FL is scum, two out of B&B, Goat and SC are likely to be scum.

If she's town.. then I'm truly at a loss.. She has shown such a mountain of tells that if she's not scum, I would have to re-read the whole game from the start. It would make sense however that the possible scum would be the ones she attacked -- skillit and alvinz.

It also makes it difficult to determine potential suspects since cerebus is still out without replacement and skillit has all but disappeared since his epic argument with FL ended.
-Fight Club
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

If she's town.. then I'm truly at a loss.. She has shown such a mountain of tells that if she's not scum, I would have to re-read the whole game from the start. It would make sense however that the possible scum would be the ones she attacked -- skillit and alvinz.
Well, a re read is always good. Sorry to add extra work. I suppose I fill the too scummy tell?
-StrangerCoug

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Yep, BaB is scum in both of my scenarios, so I should be voting him.

Unvote, Vote BridgesAndBalloons

I'm going to continue my attack on sthar, though, as I also believe him to be scum and would like to keep pressure there as well. However, it's been over 24 hours since I've last slept, so I'm going to sleep. I'll address sthar/veerus tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”