Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Maduisha »

Aah, I feel I'm getting a bit biased because many people argued against my point... so it's not just scum pushing against me. That means I'm either wrong or explaining myself really poorly.

I hope I did a better job now. It's not that I was not aware that he'd get the same result for town PR and scum PR, I already accounted for that. I was taught that when you want to test how realistic your ideas are, you should try to disprove yourself to find reasons why it might not work out and you're actually wrong. So, it was already in my mind. I just don't think it's realistic to claim to be paranoid of someone while having the tool to at least check on half their lie, and go for someone else entirely.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:54 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 597, clidd wrote:While we wait, btw:

VOTE: Maxwell
Should pretty much always be resolving in investigative claims today, not outside. But if you're just doing this to indicate you suspect me, well, fine. We'll handle that later.
In post 599, Maduisha wrote:I really look forward to the "theory" that justifies checking Lenora/Maxwell slot instead of Cabd, because I feel that "theory" was thrown as a buzzword.

The only reason I think I would be fine with would be if he found crumbing from Lenora and wanted to check in case she was "vanilla" and tried to claim her crumb, but the reason he gave Maxwell was "she was very inactive" and I think that won't have anything to do with crumbs or anything that makes actual sense for his role usage, lol.
I have a depressing hunch it'll be something that makes sense
to him
but is a rather poor use of the role nonetheless. Neapolitan here
should
be going for a clear since they can't get a hard guilty.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:57 am

Post by clidd »

The vote is just a way of expressing my impression of your entry.

I'm looking forward to see your reads after the claim/result stuff.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by clidd »

And I think your points on Fuzzy are valid, Maduisha.

The problem is that he is someone with a confused nature and there is a chance that what he said made sense from his pov (although it's logically bizarre).

But if he's scum, and I'm wrong, we'll find out today.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

I did think about checking Cadb last night, I did not for 3x reason
1) I didn't want to push the issue....
A lot of time I overthink an issue and I begin to tunnel ideas that sometimes makes zero sense. I figured the best course for me was to take break from the Cabd thing and rethink about it on day 2. If I investigated I felt like I would be feeding my paranoia. I was kind of hoping that scum would target Cabd and it would be blocked if her claim was true or killed if she was bluffing. Whoever scum is very likely believed her claims as they went someplace else for the kill IMHO.
2) The town is TR her atp
The best I could get would be a VT which would only prove that she was doing a reaction test. The worst is I would get a not VT which would say she either has a PR or scum. Giving her claim it did not seem that
checking her would really clear or help sort her slot. Neither it would change anyone reads/ In short.... despite my thought on her claim checking her would not help town
3) It would be better to go for someone that was on the edge and see if they were VT.
I thought his role might be either a PR or scum that was lurking. I don't know the player and as I said I try not to go on meta so I dont know if it was something they likely to do. Also if I was wrong then I would hit a VT and would help clear a slot.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Cabd »

And your result?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:23 pm

As you see I am playing the slot in not optimal but very Fuzzy way. Thinking about it prob I should of asked the town to help me pick. Not sure how much it would help but it likely a better idea then how I am doing. I am up to debate if that what I should do tonight/... or even if I should wait till later to check a player
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:26 pm

Max is not VT..so he either a person with a PR or scum.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Cabd »

Okay. Max? Last call before the chaos train leaves the station to agree or refute.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by maxwell »

Yes, I confirm fuzzy's result is correct, I'm a doctor. Did a very very light skim after my replace in and protected clidd last night. Little bit annoyed that I was the check for that reason, but what's done is done and I'm not terribly useful otherwise anyway. Typical expectation for a 9p setup is 2 town power roles, I don't really believe for a second both investigative claims are town. More in a moment.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by Cabd »

I am full cop not self-protecting Joat.

There's your chaos. I crumbed it like hell.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by Cabd »

And now, I'm off the go fight a Chicago blizzard for Chinese food.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by Cabd »

Taking everything at face value, we'd therefore have...

Clidd- Confirmed Town
Cabd - Cop
Fuzzy - 2-shot Neopolitain
Maxwell - Doctor
(Dead) Bendover - VT
(dead) Zulfy - VT

Umlaut - ????
nepenthe - ???
Maduisha - ???
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by Cabd »

That was hard to type while waiting for defrost, but I did it.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by maxwell »

Strongly inclined to think fuzzy's the legitimate claim, his play as I'm seeing it makes sense for him, some of it might not make sense to others but I don't see him claiming the way he did as scum and his attempts to analyze peopl felt believable, by comparison his recent scumgame had not much depth of thought overall. By contrast see a lot of scum motivation Cabd's claim and thought he + koba were quite scummy overall.

If Cabd is scum I think the most likely partner is Maduisha, were a few things when I was reading I didn't like but this is sort of a gut feeling. Could also see nepenthe as scum though as I feel he's been super underwhelming, but had a slight sense that may have been strong belief in his clidd push even if I think it's really wrong.

If I'm wrong and fuzzy is scum (been fooled by bad PR claims before), then nepenthe is pretty much the only person I see as a partner.

Think clidd and Umlaut are pretty likely town no matter what.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:31 pm

Off Topic discussion
- Thats sound good. Is there a lot of good Chinese food in Chicago? Let me know how the food was. Also now know who to ask if I want some great Chicago Style pizza. Not a lot of good pizza places where I live.
sorry for the tangent. Anyways enjoy the food.

ok back to the game
Not knowing what the scum have it might not be a good idea for a mass claim. Don't think that Max claiming doctor was a great move. At least we know that we will get a result tonight as Max can protect Cabd tonight
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:37 pm

Max is there any reason not to believe Cabd. I can't see any reason to see her faking this atp.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by maxwell »

Fuzzy, there is quite literally no way town would have a full cop and a neapolitan in a 9p setup to begin with, and if you were both town it's highly implausible they wouldn't try to kill or roleblock either of you, because two investigations potentially locks the game for town. Only reason for you both being alive is because one of you is fake and was hoping to get the town one eliminated today.

Also, if I'm going to get outed as a PR by your report, I have no choice
but
to claim, I can't say nothing.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Cabd »

Clidd leads massclaim from here. Or decides not to I guess.

But with these claims on the table yeah.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by clidd »

Ok, I'm in a curious position.

I agree that two investigators + doctor does not make much sense and that there is scum between the two.

We already have the most important roles exposed, so I don't think we have much of a choice but to complete the mass-claim.

I would suggest an order of Umlaut>Nep>Maduisha.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by clidd »

Although I kind of already know Umlaut's role, technically speaking, but I don't know the full version of it.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by clidd »

After these claims, I hope to finally see Cabd's reads. This will probably be the game changer between him and Fuzzy.

As for you, Max, I had a very subjective reason to think that your entry was scummy, based on meta.

But, regardless of that, I need to see your individual reads in each slot (player ''x'' is town/scum for reason ''y'' and etc).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 614, maxwell wrote:Strongly inclined to think fuzzy's the legitimate claim, his play as I'm seeing it makes sense for him, some of it might not make sense to others but I don't see him claiming the way he did as scum and his attempts to analyze peopl felt believable, by comparison his recent scumgame had not much depth of thought overall. By contrast see a lot of scum motivation Cabd's claim and thought he + koba were quite scummy overall.

If Cabd is scum I think the most likely partner is Maduisha, were a few things when I was reading I didn't like but this is sort of a gut feeling. Could also see nepenthe as scum though as I feel he's been super underwhelming, but had a slight sense that may have been strong belief in his clidd push even if I think it's really wrong.

If I'm wrong and fuzzy is scum (been fooled by bad PR claims before), then nepenthe is pretty much the only person I see as a partner.

Think clidd and Umlaut are pretty likely town no matter what.
In practice, it would be something more expansive/individual than this post ^

Particularly, I don't know if being a doctor in this setup makes you mechanically or not town, but if not, I still need to evaluate you regardless of role.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by clidd »

Regarding Nep, I was rereading the D1 and found it towny the way he approached the impression about my predecessor (Chumbo) and me separately.

It's not like scum!he really thought he could push me, so I imagine the playstyle-based SR (which could easily be refuted) is something that might make more sense to town!him to think, as he could see long texts/less direct tone as potentially non-genuine (scummy), while the behavior of Chumbo (shorter texts/direct tone) as potentially more genuine (towny).

I noticed that his last game was as scum and, after being replaced, a player named Nora took over the slot and by her ISO you can see that she nurtured a great activity and width of posts:

viewtopic.php?t=84118&f=50&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

What may have made a negative impression on newbie!Nep about players who have a similar playstyle (consequently, interpreting them as scummy).

Which would explain why he posted this about my posts:
i feel like this is so much talking to express a simple idea, which i usually think is scum indicative. town is generally way more to the point, as they don't have to try too hard to look like they're contributing whereas it's in maf's best interest to maximize everything so it looks like they have "content" and are proactive. i call bluff.
But, of course, this is speculation. I'm also interested in seeing Nep's updated reads after the last events.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 621, clidd wrote:As for you, Max, I had a very subjective reason to think that your entry was scummy, based on meta.
Curious as to what you mean by this? My scumgame's pretty crap but I don't think I've played like this in the scum replace-ins I've had.

Admit my reads aren't really fleshed out, at this point I'm just firing off gutreads based on my readthrough, the reasoning will come later. Not really in a rush to dump content into the thread.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”