veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:23 am

Post by veerus »

Goatrevolt wrote:
veerus wrote:Hey FL.. what are the odds of you volunteering to replace cerebus3? It's obviously not the best solution but I'm sure it's not easy to find a replacement for a 2-day, 40-page game. This way it would at least preserve a player and not force the mod to modkill him due to inactivity or whatnot.

The other option is to see if there's a NK and see if that person wants to replace. Of course this is less ideal because if cerebus is a power role, he'd miss a night action..
Well, if FL is scum, as you believe, then she can't replace in for another player...
Hmm... good point.. I didn't think of that.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Dean Harper »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

alvinz95 - (4) StrangerCoug, Rage, forbiddanlight, Skillit

forbiddanlight - (5) alvinz95, veerus, sthar8, BridgesAndBalloons, Goatrevolt

BridgesAndBalloons - (1) Megatheory

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch a player. Your deadline is Monday, September 15th at 7:00 PM PST.

A note to all players: when Rage replaced in, MeMe decided that she didnt want me replacing any inactive player with any more dead game players. As such, I will not be able to replace FL back into the game if she is lynched.
Last edited by Dean Harper on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:49 am

Post by veerus »

Then what will happen to cerebus if we don't find the replacement in the near future?
-Fight Club
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:56 am

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

veerus wrote:Hey FL.. what are the odds of you volunteering to replace cerebus3?
if FL turns town, does anyone think this is a slip?
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:15 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:alvinz95 is at L-1, is that correct?

That said, someone hammer. I'm done with him being uncooperative.
asking for hammer?

FOS: SC

other note:
I'm certain that alvinz is being a jerk, and almost certain that he's not mafia.
His posts come off as a townie that's completely tunnel-vissioned and is burrying his head so deep in the sand of his theories that he's getting pissed off and uncooperative.
What fucking motive would scum have for being so stubborn? This isn't wifom, because what alvinz is doing is setting himself to be lynched.

I remember sthar8 saying something along the lines of that town should have a clear, transparent thought process. He's not explaining much either. The less information the town can get, the better off scum are. I'm still waiting for him to answer one question,
ONE SIMPLE QUESTION,
(once again, alvinz95: How can you call Rage distracting when you refuse to read his post?) and he continues to ignore it. As I said, I'm not unvoting until I get an answer, and I will continue to vote until he answers or one of us dies.

By my asking for the hammer, I'm indicating that I'm ready to finish the day. Whether it's scummy depends on the context of when it's requested. I miscounted in the post you quote, but it is an honest mistake.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Rage »

I'm leaning towards a Forbiddanlight lynch, too, but what happens when/if Alvinz isn't night-killed? We risk someone else dying, because either he's scum and doesn't kill himself, or scum chooses to kill off someone else to put pressure on him tomorrow. Therefore, I don't think the Town should put their trust in an unconfirmed vigilante, let alone a mafia, because so far there have been no night-kills, so the possibility of said mafia is looking a little 'out there' to me. There are also so many things that could go wrong with a vigilante claiming, at this point or tomorrow.

@Everyone, I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying think about it first and then make the decision about who you want to lynch.

Once more, I'd like to add that alvinz still has not responded to what has been asked of him, but we're so used to this by now I don't think anyone really cares, do they? I mean, I'd appreciate his response, but I'm expecting it to be too half-assed to get anything new out of.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:32 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
veerus wrote:Hey FL.. what are the odds of you volunteering to replace cerebus3?
I don't see it as being that much really. I could see it as an honest mistake. That said, Veerus will be up on my scum list if FL is town anyway.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Megatheory »

Goatrevolt wrote:
Unvote, Vote FL
Whoa there, cowboy! What's this about?
Goatrevolt wrote:
BridgesAndBalloons wrote: Are you seriously considering that we have a vig and a mafia, and of the two of them, they both had to have been either roleblocked/doctered, or forgot to send in their NK?

I hate calling people out for role-fishing, because I would almost never do it as scum or as town, but what the heck were you trying to do here?
Vigilante's don't always shoot. I'm not saying that we have a vig, or even suggesting whatsoever that if we do have one that they should claim. All I'm saying is that if we do have one, Alvinz is a good shot, because I don't want to waste a lynch on him but people want him dead anyway.
Is he really the best choice? For the most part, people seem to want him dead because he is annoying.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
Probably.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Megatheory »

Post 32:
Skillit wrote:-joon, id like this this proof you speak of
Post 39:
Skillit wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:We must quash the skillit uprising before they kill us all!
- what does that even
mean
? i mean, i know it was a joke and all but i . . . don't get it at all. :?
These posts came shortly after Goat voted for alvinz and started pushing him. No comments on the Rage wagon or alvinz.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Megatheory »

Post 53:
Skillit wrote: StrangerCoug's post here here reminded me of a tattle'ing lil bother (who might have been actually fishing for a modkill when he thought Rage was quoting his role PM). It was really either tattling or he didn’t trust the mod, but still I felt like, OUR job isn’t really to police others posts, but to interpret them for scumminess, we aren’t the referees - are we?
Anyway, this coupled with him being the first one to point out forbiddanlight had voted mod (circumstantial evidence I know), following Goat blindly-or at the very least voting withput botherng to add anything or even summ up why he was voting- back in post 17 and voting alvinz95 just "for hypocrisy" (really just seems a lil light on reasoning to me)
so in short
unvote:Joonster
Vote: StrangerCoug
because I don’t like people just going w/ the flow, I don’t like people tattle’ing (I had enough growing up), I'd like you to go more into your justifications and reasoning so they can later be assessed, and I don’t like scummy opportunism - it may be a lil early to just accuse someone of following someone around, but your answer to Alvinz was kind of dismissive to his point, possibly because HIS point was only briefly articulated, much like your posts. maybe brevity is just my personal nemesis, but I think you can pursue the same lead as another person without merely parroting back what they said, or summing up someone's points in as few words as possible as you seem to love to do.
The post Skillit is talking about was at the top of page 2. Skillit's two posts on that page were dealing with the random stage. Why did Skillit wait so long to comment on SC's post?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:43 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Megatheory wrote:Post 53:
Skillit wrote: StrangerCoug's post here here reminded me of a tattle'ing lil bother (who might have been actually fishing for a modkill when he thought Rage was quoting his role PM). It was really either tattling or he didn’t trust the mod, but still I felt like, OUR job isn’t really to police others posts, but to interpret them for scumminess, we aren’t the referees - are we?
Anyway, this coupled with him being the first one to point out forbiddanlight had voted mod (circumstantial evidence I know), following Goat blindly-or at the very least voting withput botherng to add anything or even summ up why he was voting- back in post 17 and voting alvinz95 just "for hypocrisy" (really just seems a lil light on reasoning to me)
so in short
unvote:Joonster
Vote: StrangerCoug
because I don’t like people just going w/ the flow, I don’t like people tattle’ing (I had enough growing up), I'd like you to go more into your justifications and reasoning so they can later be assessed, and I don’t like scummy opportunism - it may be a lil early to just accuse someone of following someone around, but your answer to Alvinz was kind of dismissive to his point, possibly because HIS point was only briefly articulated, much like your posts. maybe brevity is just my personal nemesis, but I think you can pursue the same lead as another person without merely parroting back what they said, or summing up someone's points in as few words as possible as you seem to love to do.
The post Skillit is talking about was at the top of page 2. Skillit's two posts on that page were dealing with the random stage. Why did Skillit wait so long to comment on SC's post?
Good point. I'd like to know too.

Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Megatheory »

Post 68:
forbiddanlight wrote:

The fact that you have now cast suspicion on every person that has voted you, claiming that a person voting for you because you are acting scummy is "opportunistic", sounds to me like you are trying to scare people away from voting you.

I think that is scummy.
I agree with this sentiment, but I disagree with the wagon. While SC looks scummy, the wagon that appeared on him looked worse, in my opinion.
What made those on the SC wagon look worse than SC?
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Dean Harper »

veerus wrote:Then what will happen to cerebus if we don't find the replacement in the near future?
If i dont find a replacement for cerebus3 by page 50, I will modkill him, but the day will continue. (most likely)
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

What made those on the SC wagon look worse than SC?
Wow, that's ancient history. I think I answered that at the time. But it was too the effect that the wagon took place very fast and SC didn't do incredibly much to warrant it.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:01 am

Post by alvinz95 »

Dean Harper wrote:
veerus wrote:Then what will happen to cerebus if we don't find the replacement in the near future?
If i dont find a replacement for cerebus3 by page 50, I will modkill him, but the day will continue. (most likely)
Wow, thats harsh.

Rage is a distraction off the real deal, Forbiddenlight wagon. There you go. Now stop annoying me. :P

I'm asking for a NK or Vig kill.

Rage what is your question?
Is back.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Unvote: alvinz95
since I got what I wanted. I still suspect forbiddanlight, but I'm not hammering her until everybody's ready for it.

Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Rage »

Alvinz95 wrote:Rage what is your question?
I'd prefer if you responded to my incomplete PBPA of you, just to make sure everything is written correctly, but I was referring to StrangerCoug's unanswered question in my last post.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Post 264:
veerus wrote:As time goes on, alvinz seems like an eager, overly defensive townie under unjust (in his eyes) pressure.
Unvote

Rage, your actions have been inconsistant and very, very scummy. I will
Vote: Rage
. Here's why.

1) Rage starts off the game by asking the name of the scum in this game. This earned him some early attention before being dismissed as inconsequential. In light of his later actions and my theory that he is scum, I submit that it was a poor attempt at playing a dumb townie to try and attack whoever replied with a suspicious suggestion.

2) He pulls off his early, non-random, "pressure" vote off of SC for no apparent reason as far as I can tell. He then votes for alvinz because he is being dismissive with his responses which, at the time, was a solid vote.

3) He unvotes alvinz in his very next post as a means of generating discussion, even though alvinz was in no danger of being lynched. I called him out on it at the time, so I won't go through it again. His excuse for this play was that he has a lot of games to keep track of, and that while alvinz seems "increasingly suspicious", he doesn't want to be on the wagon with people who share that line of thought. Which doesn't even make sense.

4) Then, after one empy post, he re-votes alvinz. However, THIS time his reasons are that he's likely an unhelpful townie, which is a poor play if you're a townie.
Prior to this post, veerus said nothing about any of this except for the second point. Very suspicious.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Unvote: alvinz95 since I got what I wanted. I still suspect forbiddanlight, but I'm not hammering her until everybody's ready for it.
Might as well. I'm anxious to find out who is scum, hoping GR is scum and can tell me :).
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:10 am

Post by veerus »

Megatheory wrote:Post 264:
veerus wrote:As time goes on, alvinz seems like an eager, overly defensive townie under unjust (in his eyes) pressure.
Unvote

Rage, your actions have been inconsistant and very, very scummy. I will
Vote: Rage
. Here's why.

1) Rage starts off the game by asking the name of the scum in this game. This earned him some early attention before being dismissed as inconsequential. In light of his later actions and my theory that he is scum, I submit that it was a poor attempt at playing a dumb townie to try and attack whoever replied with a suspicious suggestion.

2) He pulls off his early, non-random, "pressure" vote off of SC for no apparent reason as far as I can tell. He then votes for alvinz because he is being dismissive with his responses which, at the time, was a solid vote.

3) He unvotes alvinz in his very next post as a means of generating discussion, even though alvinz was in no danger of being lynched. I called him out on it at the time, so I won't go through it again. His excuse for this play was that he has a lot of games to keep track of, and that while alvinz seems "increasingly suspicious", he doesn't want to be on the wagon with people who share that line of thought. Which doesn't even make sense.

4) Then, after one empy post, he re-votes alvinz. However, THIS time his reasons are that he's likely an unhelpful townie, which is a poor play if you're a townie.
Prior to this post, veerus said nothing about any of this except for the second point. Very suspicious.
Because up until that post, I didn't put two and two together. Rage's comments right before that post made me suspicious of his vote movements therefore I voiced them at that time.
-Fight Club
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Megatheory wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:
Unvote, Vote FL
Whoa there, cowboy! What's this about?
The deadline is tomorrow. Nobody has expressed any interest (other than you) in pursuing targets I find scummy. I don't really think Alvinz is scum, and while I don't really think FL is either, I would vastly prefer her lynch over his.

If we lynch Alvinz and he's town, we're left in almost the exact same situation we were in before anyway. Nobody is really listening to what he's saying anyway, so we don't have a whole lot of new info to go off of. Forbiddan has a higher chance of being scum in my opinion, and even if she's town, then it will at least lend credibility to my scum list and give us loads of information for tomorrow.

Basically the gist is that I would prefer a Forbiddan deadline lynch over Alvinz, and am voting Forbiddan as such.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:21 am

Post by veerus »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
It's a protown question about not losing a possible townie due to inactivity because if he is indeed town, a modkill would mean a free kill for the mafia cancelling out the lack of kill that we had on N1.
-Fight Club
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:52 am

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

SOmething I didn't say.
yes, goat your votes were often the first.

I was talking about the
intentions
of your votes, and now I'm angry at myself because it's stupid to guess about intentions when there's not much stuff to go on.
So that was my fallacy.
I still could be right, but my case (the voting one) doesn't have much substance.

I also just realized that by saying I'm not defending myself until tomorrow, and if Goat isn't scum, then there's a very easy framing scum could do by killing Goat. That sentence sounds really awful.

Also, everyone please put as much content in your posts as possible. Anyone who started making small posts after the mod announced the possible modkill is trying to make the modkill happen. I wish I could say more with this post, but I'm so tied up with real life and other games that I haven't been playing optimally in any of them.

Anyway, I hope everyone is really careful with the amount of posts they want.
Tomorrow, if anyone makes a single contentless post saying "Damn ____ was NKed," that's anti-town. Please put content in everything. (yes I'm being a bit hypocritical, but again, I don't have as much time as I'd like).
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Megatheory »

A) Broncos won! Yay!

B) I'm up to page 17 in my reread. I probably won't get through the thread by deadline, but I did get through the parts I really thought I needed to read again. Goat is almost certainly town. If he is scum, he's played a great game. Skillit looks more suspicious to me now then he did by the end of day one. Cerebus3 looks like a good townie. I'm not sure about veerus yet, there are things that make me suspect him a little, but I wouldn't vote him yet. sthar8 looks like town, but I need to read more to be sure.

Looking back at the start of day 2, I don't think FL and SC were distancing. I've gone back and forth on this a lot. I don't think the possibility is strong enough to support he FL/SC connection. If FL comes up scum, I would need something more on SC to suspect him.
Megatheory
Megatheory
Goon
Megatheory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Megatheory »

Oh yes, I almost forgot. Jshark didn't post a whole lot and sometimes it felt like coasting when he did post. Rage2 should be looked at closer, IMO.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”