Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

dropping hot case tomorrow, pending mental capacity.
Daenerys (lilith2013) and Dragons (SirCakez)!
Account made before GoT was bad don't hate
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:46 pm

idk how I'm supposed to believe that these posts come from town. "where is cakez?" come on.

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

In post 1149, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:why? I should be so incredibly easy to read here. what does cakes being more or less present in this thread have to do with anything? do you think cakes is more readable than I am? do you think you can convince him more easily that you're town?
Weakly agree on the first - I do TR you (contingent on my slot not being NK'd, by the way, because in the off chance that you ARE scum playing a great game, I don't want to let your slot coast on my TR. Visit the dead thread for City That Never Sleeps and you'll understand). That game I lost to scum!you btw - I don't believe you're as "incredibly easy to read" as you say you are?

I think I'd work well with Cakez. His lack of investment is a mild concern and I'd rather no concerns at all, but the stronger point is that I think an invested Cakez would be better for the game, independent of your own play.

-Dumbass
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1151, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:idk how I'm supposed to believe that these posts come from town. "where is cakez?" come on.

- Daenerys
It’s a fair question. I don’t remember cakez’ last post.
<(") | (")>
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:08 pm

In post 1153, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1151, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:idk how I'm supposed to believe that these posts come from town. "where is cakez?" come on.

- Daenerys
It’s a fair question. I don’t remember cakez’ last post.
In post 1152, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 1149, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:why? I should be so incredibly easy to read here. what does cakes being more or less present in this thread have to do with anything? do you think cakes is more readable than I am? do you think you can convince him more easily that you're town?
Weakly agree on the first - I do TR you (contingent on my slot not being NK'd, by the way, because in the off chance that you ARE scum playing a great game, I don't want to let your slot coast on my TR. Visit the dead thread for City That Never Sleeps and you'll understand). That game I lost to scum!you btw - I don't believe you're as "incredibly easy to read" as you say you are?

I think I'd work well with Cakez. His lack of investment is a mild concern and I'd rather no concerns at all, but the stronger point is that I think an invested Cakez would be better for the game, independent of your own play.

-Dumbass
he posted earlier today. I happen to be more riled up about my reads, and he's busy with rl stuff. regardless, "where is cakez" is kind of a useless question. do you have specific things you want to talk about with him? otherwise it just sounds like you're complaining that I'm too present in this hydra and you'd rather have the head you think you can convince to townread you.

I went and read the city dead thread. I'm not sure what takeaway I'm supposed to have from this? that was the first game we played together, and you've seen me in scumgames since then and even spectated them; you have yourself previously pointed out one of the major flaws in my scumgame which is (I think) glaringly obvious, and I don't think I've ever managed to fix it. I think based on that I should be quite easy to read. also skitter is, until this game, pretty much 100% on reading me. I would maybe understand if she had expressed similar paranoia, but she said she's explicitly not townreading me. nope.

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:10 pm

In post 1148, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1146, Dumb and Dumber wrote:MURDERKITTY is still the correct lim.
I thought you weren’t feeling it skitteR
@auro you didn't respond to this btw.

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:26 pm

I know he posted earlier, and I find it a little stiff - unlike my experience with town!Cakez. I haven't asked "where is Cakez" by the way, I asked him to get more invested in the game! I don't care that you're the more active head, I independently would like him to be invested as well.

There's no reason to have something specific to talk about to ask someone to invest better into the game: I don't need to have to come up with specific talking points to get someone invested in the game. His posting doesn't reflect any real investment in my read of it. It is a complaint, but not because I'm concerned about you scumreading me. For the record, I sorta expect Cakez to scumread my slot as well, and convincing him off a scumread on me is usually way more difficult in my experience :P

The primary takeaway was an understanding of why my read is contingent on me living, and secondary that I respect your game enough to think that you certainly have the skill to evolve your scumgame. But yes, that is paranoia and doesn't invalidate my personal reasons to strongly townread you.
PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1146, Dumb and Dumber wrote:MURDERKITTY is still the correct lim.
I thought you weren’t feeling it skitteR
I wasn't earlier, but now I do: MURDERKITTY has had enough opportunities to get into the game I feel, and it's been more than a day since he posted. Infinity and Gamma's reactions to that wagon seem a little awkward.

-Dumbass
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:31 pm

I just find it very difficult to believe that you read all these pages and one of your three takeaways is "cakes should be more invested." you also just said that you thought gamma was a distraction, so what changed?

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:36 pm

It wasn't a takeaway from the pages, it was a takeaway from my discussion with Skitter about your slot.

Yes, I do think Gamma is a distraction still, that's not inconsistent with implying they have partner equity and that MURDERKITTY is still the correct lim...?

-Dumbass
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:37 pm

what do you think about catboi saying it's too obvious and that Gamma/Infinity are actually TMIing town!murder?

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:38 pm

In post 1146, Dumb and Dumber wrote:The Gamma distraction feels pretty boring to me, and I can totally imagine Gamma as stubborn/frustrated town justifying his actions. The emotional reaction does seem a little disproportionate, marking that for later study.

MURDERKITTY is still the correct lim.

-Dumbass
this doesn't really sound like you think he's scum with murder imo.

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:40 pm

I disagree: what other options do those slots have if MC is scum with them? What's a "more subtle" way of dismantling the wagon on their buddy?

-Dumbass
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:41 pm

In post 1160, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:this doesn't really sound like you think he's scum with murder imo.
Oh I thought I mentioned it here but it was in my discord: I mentioned they have partner equity but independently I find Gamma's recent posting itself NAI.

-Dumbass
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:44 pm

In post 1161, Dumb and Dumber wrote:What's a "more subtle" way of dismantling the wagon on their buddy?
Perhaps a subtler way of going about it would be to accuse someone of TMI'ing them... :thonk: :lol:

-Dumbass
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:47 pm

that's actually an interesting thought, and I could see scum!catboi trying to divert a wagon off buddy!murder onto gamma. but then I think I'd expect gamma to be wagoned harder, not for that wagon and the NM wagon to continue to stall.

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:34 pm

@skitter
this is the post that I think I ignored - again, I apologize if you think this was intentional, I responded to auro's explanation to me and I didn't/don't really think I can sort you properly and didn't realize you wanted a response separately.
In post 979, Dumb and Dumber wrote:sorry lilith - mad may not have been the right word, maybe i should have said like 'annoyed' or something
i dont' think you're personally mad with him either, to clarify

he's trying to take some distance to ensure that the game doesn't end up in a 1v1, which we both feel might have happened if he wasnt' actively trying to de-escalate

do you want to try to talk to me to sort our slot instead?

~

infinity, her post on murdercat and how she went analyzing him i think just abt never comes from (new) scum i think

~ skitteR
ignoring aside, this feels like you were reaching out to help me sort you. all fine and dandy.
In post 1131, Dumb and Dumber wrote:i would like to say i explicilty do not townread the other hydra and i feel like lilith ignored my overture trying to sort her slot
this makes it sound like you made the original post to try to sort me (and that this is the reason for not townreading me), when I thought it was the other way around. kind of a weird reason to not townread me when I could have easily just missed the post? and I feel like I've actively been trying to sort auro which is consistent with what I've previously said about not being able to read you.
In post 1134, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 1132, Infinity 324 wrote:Can you link me a game where scum!lilith showed this level of proactiveness or emotion
i can't, no (i.e. i don't ahve an example)
but she's not quite feeling like town-lilith to me yet either and i'm currently trying to figure out what i make of that

~ skitter
and this feels like now you're trying to say it's gut and not the ignoring

I still think there's a possibility you're town, so can we discuss this? I'd like you to explain the entirety of the reasons that you're no longer townreading me, how your initial townread of me has factored into that, what you think feels different about me, etc. If we're both town then us townreading each other would only be a positive thing for the game. I apologize if I hurt your feelings by not responding to you.

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:54 pm

In post 1164, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:that's actually an interesting thought, and I could see scum!catboi trying to divert a wagon off buddy!murder onto gamma. but then I think I'd expect gamma to be wagoned harder, not for that wagon and the NM wagon to continue to stall.
If subtlety is what he's aiming for in that hypothetical, waiting for town to pick up on it before making a more aggressive diversion attempt does make sense. However, I independently townread Catboi and this possibility just slightly furthers my belief in MC being a correct lim.

I'll respond to your post to Skitter based on my understanding of her thoughts, as she's not here (sorry Skitter that I'm answering for you):

The overall sentiment was that you were focusing disproportionately on me with a possible motive of finding easier attack vectors off my posts, and that your engagement with me felt as though you were searching for a logical "gotcha" to push us. Also, inability to sort Skitter!head doesn't mean you can't engage with her anyway, right? The continued focus on engaging me while brushing off Skitter as "can't sort" seemed to fit into the same kind of scummy thought process you suspected me of having when I disengaged with you (even if the posted reasons were different) if that makes it clearer.

When she said she didn't see town!Lilith yet, as I understand it's her evaluation of the rest of your content independent of that factor above. A partial timeline of her read was [initial surface level scum pings on your reaction to my earlier posts] -> [okay on further read, looks town?] -> [why is Cakez acting like we're unreasonable too?] -> [let's wait for lilith to come back] -> [why is lilith ignoring my post?] -> [she seems to be playing around me rather than with me? could be very wrong though], if that helps.

-Dumbass
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:43 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1159, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:what do you think about catboi saying it's too obvious and that Gamma/Infinity are actually TMIing town!murder?

- Daenerys
To be fair I didn't think infinity looked bad off it necessarily because his belief in his vote seems plausible, where gamma's reasoning for murder-town is poor and his assessment of the thread is lazy.
In post 1163, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 1161, Dumb and Dumber wrote:What's a "more subtle" way of dismantling the wagon on their buddy?
Perhaps a subtler way of going about it would be to accuse someone of TMI'ing them... :thonk: :lol:

-Dumbass
haaa, good one, I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time I'm scum~

Meh. murdercat promised to do things and is about to hit prod range, and penguin looks more town recently which makes murder look worse. I guess I'm in favor of getting a flip and ending the day at this point.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:05 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

I'm continuously getting this feeling that
Daenerys and Dragons
vs
Dumb and Dumber
is not TvT :neutral:
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:13 am

Post by catboi »

What leads you to that conclusion?
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:05 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 875, skitter30 wrote:
In post 870, MURDERCAT wrote:What I'm seeing is a ton of shade being throw along with excuses to turn around on TRs when it's convenient. Voting me, voting TC despite a GC being a TR earlier, going back on a TR on skitter. The GC vote in particular was an opportunity to add pressure back to that wagon when it looked like things might turn towards him instead.
the thing is that there was a load of context and posts in between and the post that penguin voted gc (i think ) and so i think it's a little disingenuous to just condense all of that to 'voting GC despite GC beting a TR earlier'
i don't think he's long-term really changed from his townread on me either
my point was that penguin has basically no TRs and the TRs that he has we went back on
In post 880, Green Crayons wrote:the "explaining what you saw" is the primary thrust of your vote: that penguin is actively monitoring the thread but only occasionally contributing

y/n?

please explain how it is AI
It's AI because town is more likely to want to lead conversation whereas scum PP wants to sit back and add pressure to something townled. At least that was my sense from the last game we played together.
In post 887, Infinity 324 wrote:Murder can you explain your read on the shadow/catboi slot?
Just feels like the slot was doing stuff to advance the game and whenever someone gets a lot of early votes I don't think it's often on scum.
In post 907, catboi wrote:MURDERCAT himself was the leading wagon.
This isn't true, I pointed out PP much earlier.
In post 932, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Ok having been in this game I can see this.
I mean you can see for yourself that it isn't this game I'm abandoning I'm low activity all across the site. But I think I've recovered and things have calmed down a bit on the IRL stuff (we are considering the possibility of moving to NYC in like 3 weeks due to a job opportunity, months before we actually expected to.)
In post 967, Infinity 324 wrote:Back in 2016-2017 there used to be people who claimed they could read NM, has that art been lost to time?
I read NM ok in our last game together, maybe I am a relic from an earlier time
In post 1019, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1012, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Very conflicted. I think his posting isolated is very scummy but I also can buy his excuse that he was burned out by the BooneyToonz game and I did like his post where he cased Penguin. Would yeet in lack of other better wagons.
Here’s the thing: you ALSO saw what happened in Among Us. Tell me Murder’s play/reception differs from that game at all.
Ha yeah basically. If you look at the my scum game I'm actually way more high effort. In 802 I reread the whole game and wallposted a recap and don't get me started on Boon. If I get limmed here so be it, it's my fault, but I do want to play.
In post 1039, PenguinPower wrote:I'm glad you have a good sample of scum games to compare that agai...oh wait
When I said that I couldn't talk about Boon due to ongoing games
In post 1059, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@MURDERCAT
what did you mean by “your one scum game”?
I feel like depending on this I have a solid binary of where scum is.
UNVOTE: because straight up stating NM is not involved in that binary
I was referring to 802 of course, I do keep my wiki up to date
In post 1062, Gamma Emerald wrote:And honestly the biggest issue I fucking have is that MURDERCAT GETS TOWNIER AS THE GAME PROGRESSES AS TOWN. ELIMINATING HIM EARLY IS LEGITIMATELY SHIT PLAY.
This is true

Ok skimming ahead a bit....
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:07 am

Post by notscience »

Not_Mafia
{2}
- Infinity 324, Gamma Emerald
MURDERCAT
{3}
- PenguinPower, Green Crayons, Dumb and Dumber
Gamma Emerald
{3}
- catboi, Daenerys and Dragons, Not_Mafia
PenguinPower
{1}
- MURDERCAT

Not voting
{2}
- Salsabil Faria, YyottaCat

Votes needed to Eliminate:
{6}
. Deadline for Day 1 is Saturday, February 13 at 2 PM EDT, or in (expired on 2021-02-13 16:00:00).

MOD NOTES:
Please reach out if you notice any mistakes in my count.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1170, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 880, Green Crayons wrote:the "explaining what you saw" is the primary thrust of your vote: that penguin is actively monitoring the thread but only occasionally contributing

y/n?

please explain how it is AI
It's AI because town is more likely to want to lead conversation whereas scum PP wants to sit back and add pressure to something townled. At least that was my sense from the last game we played together.
1. There's a difference between <actively monitoring but occasionally contributing> and <not leading conversation>. Your penguine reaction tests were aimed at the former suspicion. I don't see how you go from there to the latter suspicion.

2. Was penguin scum in your last game?

3. Why, in the first place, did you reaction test penguin for his active monitoring of the thread?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:27 am

In post 1166, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 1164, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:that's actually an interesting thought, and I could see scum!catboi trying to divert a wagon off buddy!murder onto gamma. but then I think I'd expect gamma to be wagoned harder, not for that wagon and the NM wagon to continue to stall.
If subtlety is what he's aiming for in that hypothetical, waiting for town to pick up on it before making a more aggressive diversion attempt does make sense. However, I independently townread Catboi and this possibility just slightly furthers my belief in MC being a correct lim.

I'll respond to your post to Skitter based on my understanding of her thoughts, as she's not here (sorry Skitter that I'm answering for you):

The overall sentiment was that you were focusing disproportionately on me with a possible motive of finding easier attack vectors off my posts, and that your engagement with me felt as though you were searching for a logical "gotcha" to push us. Also, inability to sort Skitter!head doesn't mean you can't engage with her anyway, right? The continued focus on engaging me while brushing off Skitter as "can't sort" seemed to fit into the same kind of scummy thought process you suspected me of having when I disengaged with you (even if the posted reasons were different) if that makes it clearer.

When she said she didn't see town!Lilith yet, as I understand it's her evaluation of the rest of your content independent of that factor above. A partial timeline of her read was [initial surface level scum pings on your reaction to my earlier posts] -> [okay on further read, looks town?] -> [why is Cakez acting like we're unreasonable too?] -> [let's wait for lilith to come back] -> [why is lilith ignoring my post?] -> [she seems to be playing around me rather than with me? could be very wrong though], if that helps.

-Dumbass
I feel like this is not a very fair description of my play. I backed off of you almost completely, and at this point I’m just interacting with whoever’s in thread when I’m here??? I even asked skitter a couple questions the other day, but I don’t think it’s really my fault if those engagements aren’t more drawn out? Like, if I just don’t have a lot of things in my mind to ask her then I just don’t? I also don’t think I should be asking her about things you’ve done that I want to question; and she hasn’t said much that I want to question. My interactions with you are also colored, I think understandably, by 1) prior games that I’m comparing to, and 2) having weird vibes almost immediately. I feel like this whole skitter thing is trying to make it seem like I ignored her and then attacked you, but I didn’t even talk about or to you for like 10 hours of being in the thread - I was interacting with infinity and gamma, and your slot was nowhere near top of mind for me. I made myself drop it because I admitted that my interactions with you were based on a misunderstanding, and then moved on to other things.

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:28 am

In post 1168, Salsabil Faria wrote:
I'm continuously getting this feeling that
Daenerys and Dragons
vs
Dumb and Dumber
is not TvT :neutral:
yeah why is that?

- Daenerys

Return to “Completed Open Games”