Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:46 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1248, Something_Smart wrote:And N_M's vote on me is garbage, even for N_M standards. What's the town motivation in trying to rush an execution on an unimpressive slot that just got replaced by an experienced player, before said player can get involved in the game?
"I'm scum but give me a chance"
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:47 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1249, petapan wrote:mr. smart is there a mechanical reason we should not kill you
I think Gypyx's point about the letters is the most compelling. If it turns out that scum has a lot of power, the odds of there being no I's go way down, and the odds of scum claiming tracker knowing that they will probably be counterclaimed are also low.

Then, there's also the chance that I see a visit... any visit, really. It would necessitate potentially outing a PR, but it would clear me, because there aren't scum trackers in the setup.

Counterbalancing these (from a mechanical perspective) is the risk of me being a scum PR. And again-- the more PR's scum have, the riskier it is to claim the most common town role in the setup.

Generally I'm of the camp that it's comparatively worse to kill a town PR compared to killing a scum PR. Scum PR's are just icing on the cake of their primary advantages, which are the factional knowledge and the NK; but town PR's constitute the meat of their powers. (Shut up my mixed metaphor is AMAZING)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:49 am

Post by implosion »

hello petapan.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:50 am

In post 1250, Not_Mafia wrote:"I'm scum but give me a chance"
Well, yeah, that's the answer. If you think I can weasel my way out of the wagon, which necessitates you being right on me being scum, and confident in that assessment, and better than the median townie at reading ben, and better at the median townie at reading me.

And with all due respect... I doubt those.

(Plus, you have played with me before, and the most salient feature of my scumgame is the fact that it flies off the rails as soon as I start to receive pressure. I'm not weaseling my way out of anything.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:51 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1252, implosion wrote:hello petapan.
hello implosion i actually joined this for you

it is a shame you are obvious scum
free crypto
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:59 am

Post by PenguinPower »

well this game has certainly become different
<(") | (")>
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:02 am

Post by petapan »

free crypto
Schiavetto
Schiavetto
Goon
Schiavetto
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Schiavetto »

If we keep going we can make this a ship of Theseus
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:11 am

Post by implosion »

there are many things in this world that are shameful.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:15 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1214, Isis wrote:ben should claim a hypothetical perceived visit for every slot in the game at the start of day 2, claiming truthfully for who he actually tracked and flipping a coin between reporting no-visit and his best guess at who he thinks other players would target for the flips that come up tails. Then when we massclaim on D4 or so or whatever we will find out whether or not he does not actually possess the arcane power that lets him see what other people do. The only mafia power to play around by killing him immediately is the 1-shot bus driver, and since that's not a 2 or 3 shot role there's no mechanical benefit to eliminating him on a day that's not right now or much much later.
This has an added benefit of publishing ben's townclears for his potential n2-3 nk death (scum have minimal means to generate nonlethal visits in this setup) without endangering roles that he viewed that might be more powerful than him.

explain to me how this isn't optimal. I'm pretty sure it's optimal and the only reason I don't see it happen more often is because people are lazy
I don't see how this is that different from what I said Isis? Although this is definitely better if we consider a world where Ben is town and would be NK before the massclaim, which I didn't consider too much other than "scenario pays out because we get mafia/SK to kill a common suspect".

If we assume the first night his result maybe messed up by a RB/Bus driver, all he has going to confirm himself if he's town, is hitting a PR on N3, because scum would definitely claim "no visit" here, since it leads to either it being right and the person in question being VT (which I think has higher chances than PR although I don't know in this setup?), or it outing a Town PR.

The unique way massclaim reaches D4 without a scum flip before, is if there's only 2 mafia, and no SK, and I think that's a lower chance than 2 mafia + SK, 3 mafia, or 3 mafia + SK.

I don't think it's a bad plan, but if I ever come to a point where I'm confident that Ben is scum, I'll vote him. That was my initial thoughts but I thought maybe understanding the setup would change my mind, but it didn't.

That said, I'm not really at that level of confidence.
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:17 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1258, implosion wrote:there are many things in this world that are shameful.
for instance, your posting
free crypto
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:26 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1218, seCret hYdra wrote:
In post 1211, Shirou wrote:I would rather just evaluate Ben on what he has or not done in this game and proceed from there rather than the mess above hedging on what's optimal or not.
if this is your desire then why are you giving me so much crap when i'm trying to do exactly that

-seCret
I'm giving you crap because you were misrepping me and asking questions to ben that already was in his ISO?

When did I say I didn't like your slot because you were trying to eliminate a Tracker claim?

?????

Ico like, what's with you and the reading comprehension in this game, no offense intended?

I don't remember having this kind of issue with you before. I usually agree with your posts on most games although I may remember it wrong. (I remember reading some games where you were other than the completed one and you-know-what, although I can't point out anything specific).

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1220, implosion wrote:i think shirou has pocketed me much as bridgeburners pocketed penguin. that is to say that i am townreading him but probably shouldn't be, but am nonetheless
I don't disagree about being town read but out of curiosity why you think I shouldn't probably be from your PoV?

about your comment about the setup and 1-shot tracker yeah, it's roughly where I'm at as well.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:39 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1223, Datisi wrote:sorry if i helped make you feel that way, shirou. i don't think your walls are a waste, i don't wanna make you feel like you need to simplify your thoughts for us
actually no, I think I may have overreacted. But I was just sleep-deprived and people were misinterpreting my posts so I just felt frustated.

However thanks.

(I do think walls are a waste though and I was already trying to minimize them when possibly)

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:41 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1228, petapan wrote:i had planned on taking a break but i saw this playerlist and thought, what a fine group of people to make myself miserable with over the next month, so naturally i requested to replace in
couldn't relate more.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1248, Something_Smart wrote:And N_M's vote on me is garbage, even for N_M standards. What's the town motivation in trying to rush an execution on an unimpressive slot that just got replaced by an experienced player, before said player can get involved in the game?
are you seriously arguing that a E-2 NM vote on you is garbage "even in NM's standards"?

NM, the player infamous for quick hammering people randomly?

What exactly is your stance on how to read NM and his progression in a game? I know people have different takes on NM so now I'm interested to look at yours.

(Aka Volpe14)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:52 am

Wait until he gets replaced, and then read the replacement.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:55 am

In post 173, Bridgeburners wrote:lonely hollow knight
a hornet in the hallownest
ships passing in the night
a haiku should have
five, then seven, then five beats
yours has five - EIGHT - SIX??
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1266, Something_Smart wrote:Wait until he gets replaced, and then read the replacement.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're claiming that you think NM is a near unreadable/troll player that may or may not do random actions through the game or overall have lackluster play, but you think that his vote on you putting you at E-2 is bad considering his meta (which involves lol quick hammering players)?

You think NM, which you don't seem to have a high opinion of, should know better in this game?

(Aka Volpe14)
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Bridgeburners »

Oh, S_S

Oh, buddy

Three times in a row, really?

-QB
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Bridgeburners »

In post 1267, Something_Smart wrote:a haiku should have
five, then seven, then five beats
Only strictly true when writing in Japanese, in English it’s just convention

-QB
First in, last out
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Shirou »

Mena are you caught up?

(Aka Volpe14)
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Bridgeburners »

No lol and I’m also immediately leaving again bc I wanna play RDR2

-QB
First in, last out
Bridgeburners
Bridgeburners
Goon
Bridgeburners
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Bridgeburners »

I’ll be around tomorrow probably, maybe tonight

-QB
First in, last out
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Shirou »

Ah, ok.

See you.

(S_S I'm waiting for you reply, don't leave me hanging).

(Aka Volpe14)

Return to “Completed Open Games”