She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:08 am

Post by Gypyx »

(edited a missing part in the flip)
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:17 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

I would've taken that jailkeeper one in a heartbeat, ngl.

OK soooo am still do a vex. Some of these powers seem more passive than active, and one of the ones I've got is just outright not helpful...
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:18 am

@Mod: Are any of these powers "passive"? In that just having them in your pack or hand has them active?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:25 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1052, Flea The Magician wrote:
@Mod: Are any of these powers "passive"? In that just having them in your pack or hand has them active?
it is indeed possible to have passive powers, they only take effect if they are drafted by someone

please ask this kind of questions by PM to avoid angleshooting around that
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:49 am

Sorry ^_^ Just wanted to verify a mechanic as I was confused <3
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:58 am

In post 1053, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1052, Flea The Magician wrote:
it is indeed possible to have passive powers, they only take effect if they are drafted by someone

please ask this kind of questions by PM to avoid angleshooting around that
Sorry ^_^ Genuinely wasn't trying to be a butt, it's why I ask in public so others can get the same knowledge as what I have.

Are passives burnable? For example the Miller I have I assume is a passive, could that be activated to burn/remove it?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:59 am

ARGH nuts I thought I pressed PM on that one

FML.

*Goes and awaits punishment*
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:22 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

There is literally nothing wrong with asking mechanical questions in thread, “angle shooting” is a nonsense term/rule from MU cos someone there plays a lot of poker and shoehorns poker concepts into mafia even when they don’t apply
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:51 am

Honestly, I don't see how you can angleshoot publicly. It's using knowledge of the game against less experienced players so imo PM'ing for information and using that without sharing is always a bad IMO. Like I'm attacking this from a mechanics PoV atm because frankly it's an amazing mechanic and needs to be played with. I'm still unwell and kinda meds stoned so my scumhunting is going to be beyond subpar so I plan on sticking to the bits I can do consistently.

Like I genuinely can't remember much of what I posted in this game beyond my ninja claim and refusal to read the first 13 pages lol

I await the mods judgement anyway. :) #InModsWeTrust
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:55 am

(ex-poker player who used to big-brain odds and use psychological manipulation to win pots. The look on someones face when you pull the 3rd set of 4 of a kind when you convince them, also an odds player, that pulling that again is astronomically low was *chefs kiss*)
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:56 am

Post by Gypyx »

yea no it's fine i'm not putting a punishement to that lol

just do as y'all wish, i said what i prefere, if you wanna ask publically question go for it
Show

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:58 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1008, willow1 wrote:klick will actually be more useful & readable as game goes on imo
And yet y'all mislynched him D1.

You should feel ashamed since the slot was the LLD slot and the LLD slot was obviously town from the onset and I am VERY miffed about that.

NPOM would've been a lousy elimination, but even he'd have been a better elimination than Klick.

VOTE: BBMolla.

Molla's still scum here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:03 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1015, Klick wrote:the player I think has the most alarms going off for me in my head atm is mastina. I'm bothered by her NM townread, it feels really forced and like she's trying to justify not voting there in the future. And I don't like her shade of Flea without any actual pressure there because reading her reads it felt like her reasoning for the Flea vote was the most concrete thing she had to me, and if mastina's town I felt decent about sheeping her reasoning for Flea probably being scum. I feel less conviction from her about the votes she's actually making than I do about her Flea read.
I realize this is posthumous, but there's a really simple explanation for this:

I really like Flea as a scummer and as a player--I do not like eliminating faer, and prefer for faer to live for as long as is possible, purely because I enjoy faer presence, so I actively avoid voting Flea unless I have no other choice (or a very very very VERY compelling reason to, a la Haschel's Flea case).

That enjoyment for Flea does not mean I won't neglect to mention a scumread on faer, tho. It does however mean that push come to shove, I will vote Molla ten times out of ten rather than Flea. (Also, Flea's possible scum, but Molla IS scum. So there's a strength of reads thing involved.)
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:08 am

In post 1060, Gypyx wrote:yea no it's fine i'm not putting a punishement to that lol

just do as y'all wish, i said what i prefere, if you wanna ask publically question go for it
<3 And this is why we trust the mod :)

OK, now to look at the Klick Wagon... There was a lot of weird stuff happening on that wagon and given it seems to be mostly based on a shoddy vote on me that cause the elimination there were some seriously opportunistic shifts there - honestly my vote probably being the worse one VCA wise given it was essentially hammer as we got NM here :P

Well, now's as good a time as any to work on the VCA script I've been on about for ages...
Question is do I learn to Django it or just stick with the TUI...

PEDIT: Haschels case on me was crap, I claimed it all in the PT before they posted it! :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:10 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1058, Flea The Magician wrote:Honestly, I don't see how you can angleshoot publicly.
Honestly mods who limit questions to PMs are actually compromising their games MORE than mods who answer publicly--because it's limited to PMs, you can actually get BETTER confirmation of a slot being town in a lot of situations, or even confirm a slot as scum, based on info from PMs.

That's why I always advocate for publicly answering questions, assuming they're purely about flipped roles and/or hypothetical roles. (E.g. asking "MOD: would my bodyguard action do..." wouldn't be answered, but "MOD: would a hypothetical bodyguard action do..." would be.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:15 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1063, Flea The Magician wrote:OK, now to look at the Klick Wagon... There was a lot of weird stuff happening on that wagon and given it seems to be mostly based on a shoddy vote on me that cause the elimination there were some seriously opportunistic shifts there - honestly my vote probably being the worse one VCA wise given it was essentially hammer as we got NM here :P
I mean--the Klick wagon was absolute crap. The reasons for voting Klick were all shit and it literally caused the fucking mislynch of one of the towniest best slots in the game.

GreyICE into willow might've been a definitive downgrade (no offense meant to willow, but GreyICE is one of the greatest players of all time so willow just isn't of GreyICE's caliber, that's not detracting from willow as a player, that's just fact), but LLD into Klick was more of a sidegrade (comparable in skill, weaker as scum and not as good at convincing others but better at obvtowning and comparable in accuracy as a scumhunter) and the wagon on him was absolutely one of the worst wagons of all time.

Sadly.

While I would love a wagon so shit to be scumdriven.

It aint gonna have more than two scum on it.
It might not even have two--it should have at least one, but unfortunately, as shit as the wagon was, I can see it as mostly town.
(Am bitter about it tho in part DUE to that--if the wagon was scumdriven I couldn't be mad but because it WASN'T scumdriven I absolutely AM.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:24 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1045, Gypyx wrote:
Votecount 1.12

We brought pizza (1) BBmolla
NoPowerOverMe (3) willow1 - shadowslug - clidd
Flea The Magician (1) Klick
BBmolla (1) Mastina
Klick (7) toogeloo - Gamma Emerald - We brought pizza - NoPowerOverMe - PookyTheMagicalBear - Flea The Magician - Not_Mafia
Banished !
Actually.

I take it back.

The NPOM wagon is pure town--unless you wanna give the argument willow or shadowslug are scum, which they just aren't.

Klick was town.
I am town.

The only way there's not three scum on the wagon is if Molla's scum.
So I take it back:

There is either two scum on the wagon if Molla is scum, or three scum on the wagon if Molla is town.

Those are the ONLY possibilities.

Pooky's push I'm pretty sure came from town, and N_M did what he always does (every L-2 is essentially an L-1 as long as N_M is alive) so is explicitly null (tho to reiterate, the one and only reason N_M would be scum is that this is literally the most active, most content, N_M has ever been in a game which is explicitly "too townie to be town" logic; I townread him for what he's done thusfar).

Tho I also townread Pizza I'd have to review their push there to see if I thought it was town or not.

Most of the votes there, just...aren't town tho.

In {Toogeloo, Gamma Emerald, NPOM, Flea}, there is, objectively, a
minimum
of one scum. Like, no matter what: that group has to have at least one scum in there.

I happen to rather strongly believe it's two.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:27 am

Post by mastina »

Williow1/GreyICE
Shadowslug
PookytheMagicalBear

We brought pizza - Hydra of Infinity 324 / Noraa / MURDERCAT

Not_Mafia

NPOM/tris
Toogeloo

Gamma Emerlad
Flea The Magician

BBmolla

Townbloc townbloc-lite (need to review), strong townread, meh-reads (poe possible scum), scumreads, strong scumread.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:42 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1067, mastina wrote:Williow1/GreyICE
Shadowslug
PookytheMagicalBear

We brought pizza - Hydra of Infinity 324 / Noraa / MURDERCAT

Not_Mafia

NPOM/tris
Toogeloo

Gamma Emerlad
Flea The Magician

BBmolla

Townbloc townbloc-lite (need to review), strong townread, meh-reads (poe possible scum), scumreads, strong scumread.
To explain: GreyICE was very obviously town and LLD and Klick alike seemed to think he was town. That is the strongest townread I have in the game for good reason. willow coming in is a disappointment because willow is no GreyICE, but nothing willow's done has thrown the read I had into doubt; willow remains town.

shadowslug has just radiated town with every post--I admit I have absolutely zero familiarity with shadowslug; I don't know what shadowslug's meta is. However, shadowslug just has an aura of being town, with everything shadowslug is doing looking town. shadowslug gives off the energy of being a voice of reason for the town, logical, reasonable, and thinking critically in a way that I think looks town.

Pooky is more gut. I don't really have an explanation for this other than that Pooky's pushes look really damn sincere in a way that I just don't think is scum--it looks like he genuinely believes what he is pushing. And while this was wrong-town on Klick D1 (proven) and might be wrong-town on Pizza too (if Pizza is also town), wrong town is still town and I get the feeling that Pooky is town who genuinely believed he was in the right, rather than Pooky being scum hard-pushing town. In other words, Pooky gives off a sense of conviction that I don't think comes from scum.

Pizza I realize I need to review, but I actually get similar vibes--I just don't think that Pizza is scum with who they are pushing, why they are pushing, and overall, the hydra's dynamics. I realize Noraa isn't as lighthearted as normal, I realize Noraa isn't as present as normal, but Noraa still is giving me the sense of fire, the sense of passion, the sense of vindicativeness, that I associate with her as town and Infinity also looks town to me.

Not_Mafia I've explained--this is literally the most content Not_Mafia has ever posted in a game. This is literally the most active Not_Mafia has ever been. This is literally the most I have ever seen from Not_Mafia. Literally the only way I see him as scum is if it is BECAUSE he is being so town; he is actually acting like a normal townie rather than the Not_Mafia I'm familiar with.

tris seemed town enough, but I admit that I lack the familiarity to be sure she was town. NPOM hasn't been terrible, either, he's just been a bit lackluster. He doesn't radiate town, he's just kinda there, unchanging in content's ability to generate a read--which is to say, what he posts doesn't make me think he's more likely to be scum; what he posts doesn't make me think he's more likely to be town. He's just not a slot I have a good read on, but the read
was
originally town.

Toogeloo is...Toogeloo. I also thought he was town, but I've always struggled to read him, and his content is a bit lackluster but it is always lackluster, but he still looked town initially, soooo. Toogeloo is just...being Toogeloo. :P

I admit that part of my scumreads is POE, but it's also in their content.
I just haven't felt Gamma was town this game at all.
Flea looks fairly strongly scum to me, but the reasons are a bit intangible.

Molla just isn't town tho.

I'm going to bed now, but I should probably explain the scumreads in more detail tomorrow or soonish at least.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:42 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I got a night action result but it's probably best to wait and see if I can use it to counter the target at some point.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:42 am

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Pizza

Scum on the wagon
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:31 am

In post 1070, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Pizza

Scum on the wagon
Expand on this?
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:53 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

@mastina if you think my wagon was so towny did you visit me last night?
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:09 am

In post 1069, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I got a night action result but it's probably best to wait and see if I can use it to counter the target at some point.
In post 1072, NoPowerOverMe wrote:@mastina if you think my wagon was so towny did you visit me last night?
6 hours, blimey. good claim :P
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:18 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1071, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 1070, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Pizza

Scum on the wagon
Expand on this?
A lot of the Klick wagon seems town, I don't think that there were 7 town on it though

Pizza sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the townish crowd

They're the scum on the wagon
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”