We brought pizza
We brought pizza
Goon
We brought pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by We brought pizza »

In post 1076, We brought pizza wrote:Not sure why, but he really likes and it makes him sure shadow is town.
Murder explained that this post shows towny perceptiveness. Also, if NPOM is scum, a buddy wouldn't call this out so explicitly, while if NPOM is town, scum would want to keep the mislim option open and therefore wouldn't point it out. Wasn't super convincing to me, but I agree shadow is town so w/e

He also says the chances of an (I assume 7-player) all-town elim wagon are like 8% which is higher than what flea said, I wonder how often it happens in practice.

He also says he's willing to help with python!

-Infinity
we brought it but .... well .... something happened to it on the way here.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1099, Flea The Magician wrote:Stop avoiding the question, why is pizza scum?
im not avoiding

their pooky vote

their me votes

their disingenuous gameplay

it's just a bunch of calculated garbage

isn't nora supposed to be obv town by now
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1084, We brought pizza wrote:There's nothing that says there has to be scum on an elim wagon, there just usually is because of probability
In this case, the belief there's 2-3 scum on the elimination wagon tho is based on the names off of it.
The names off of it are BBMolla, myself (I am town), Klick (who is flipped town), clidd (who is flipped town), willow (who I strongly townread), and shadowslug (who I also strongly townread).

For the elimination wagon to be all town, it would require the scumteam to be exactly {BBMolla, willow1, shadowslug}.

In other words--for every name off the wagon you believe to be town, you must add a scum ON the wagon.

If you believe willow is town, that's a minimum of one scum.
If you believe willow and shadowslug are town, that's a minimum of two scum.
If you believe willow, shadowslug, and Molla are all town (I don't; see also, voting Molla), then you must, inherently, believe three scum are on the wagon.

The elimination wagon having 2-3 scum on it is thus, a guarantee. Not an assumption.

The only question is which of the names you believe to be the scum, since you can make a compelling argument for literally every single member of the wagon being scum. (4-5 of the members of the wagon are town, so with only 2-3 as scum, the wagon while sucking was still inherently made more of town than of scum.)

This is actually one of the reasons I prefer voting Molla, too.

Unless you believe all three scum were on the wagon, the odds of finding scum off the wagon are actually higher. If there's one scum off the wagon, there's a 33% chance of finding them objectively (tho subjectively it jumps to 100% being Molla). In contrast, on the Klick wagon, 2/7 comes out to objectively ~29%. (Admittedly, tho, 3/7 is ~43%. So if the wagon has three scum on it rather than two scum, obviously the odds there are better. So the question on whether to vote Molla becomes: do you believe that there's 2 scum on the Klick wagon, or 3? If 2, vote Molla; if 3, vote someone on the wagon.)
In post 1091, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
In post 1080, mastina wrote:
In post 1072, NoPowerOverMe wrote:@mastina if you think my wagon was so towny did you visit me last night?
I did not activate a visiting role N1 so no, I did not.
So you're saying you didn't leave your house?
Correct--if you're planning on fakeclaiming a guilty on me tho, I should warn you that you're in for a
rude
surprise. One that I will not be claiming even if run up.

I did activate a power, so I am currently not vanilla, but this power was one that fundamentally cannot visit another player. So for all intents and purposes, I am effectively a VT. (I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check to see if activating the power counted as a self-visit, but I fundamentally could not have visited another player last night.)
We brought pizza
We brought pizza
Goon
We brought pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:59 pm

In post 1101, BBmolla wrote:
In post 1099, Flea The Magician wrote:Stop avoiding the question, why is pizza scum?
im not avoiding

their pooky vote

their me votes

This felt to me a bit like scum who can't explain the reasons for a read, murder agrees

Though I'm still worried about being biased by OMGUS so I'd like others' thoughts

(Except mastina I know you're going to agree)

-Infinity
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1099, Flea The Magician wrote:Ok I ain't going into full maths but we're talking something like 1e-9% of town doing a true random chance elimination without scum.

That said, it can and does happen. We can't play this on sheer numbers.

VOTE: BBMolla
Stop avoiding the question, why is pizza scum?
Mastina, while I appreciate that you eliminate yourself in your math, you shouldn't be insinuating that your math is inclusive of other slots reads too by eliminating your slot from the equation.

From my perspective, I can very easily see 2 out of 4 people off the wagon that are alive as scum.

@mod: weren't we supposed to be informed how many places our starter packs moved last night, or did I miss it?

Currently planning on voting mastina for spreading misinformation, and poe, I'm never happy with NM playing the way they do as well, but they usually require an investigative to resolve, or will eventually show their colors at some point.

Still feel quite good on my town reads.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Gypyx »

uh yes you are, good catch

the packs moved 3 slots down
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

So mastina has my pack from last night, which means I know what I left her.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

In post 1091, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
In post 1080, mastina wrote:
In post 1072, NoPowerOverMe wrote:@mastina if you think my wagon was so towny did you visit me last night?
I did not activate a visiting role N1 so no, I did not.
So you're saying you didn't leave your house?
Correct--if you're planning on fakeclaiming a guilty on me tho, I should warn you that you're in for a
rude
surprise. One that I will not be claiming even if run up.

I did activate a power, so I am currently not vanilla, but this power was one that fundamentally cannot visit another player. So for all intents and purposes, I am effectively a VT. (I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check to see if activating the power counted as a self-visit, but I fundamentally could not have visited another player last night.)[/quote]

I've never faked a guilty before, why would I start now?
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:21 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1106, Toogeloo wrote:So mastina has my pack from last night, which means I know what I left her.
That'd be three VTs and one power that feels like it should be passed along further so that it can upgrade further. (A role Gypyx called one thing but which we literally have a wiki to call it by its actual name.)
In post 1107, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I've never faked a guilty before, why would I start now?
I wouldn't know, but any result of yours where you claim I did a visiting action would inherently be a lie because I didn't--I got confirmation from the mod that activating my power last night did not count as a visit at all. So if you claim that I did visit...it'd, inherently, be you lying. I wouldn't be able to know why you were lying, just that you were, because I 100% know for a fact that I did not visit anyone last night because I
couldn't
visit anyone last night. The pack that I started with had three non-visiting roles, one of which I activated last night, and two visiting roles (both of which I felt should be upgraded before they were used since one was completely worthless and the other was only nominally useful as-was), which the person who it was passed onto (Pooky I think if my playerlist math is right) can confirm they received.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:30 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

In post 1107, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I've never faked a guilty before, why would I start now?
I wouldn't know, but any result of yours where you claim I did a visiting action would inherently be a lie because I didn't--I got confirmation from the mod that activating my power last night did not count as a visit at all. So if you claim that I did visit...it'd, inherently, be you lying. I wouldn't be able to know why you were lying, just that you were, because I 100% know for a fact that I did not visit anyone last night because I
couldn't
visit anyone last night. The pack that I started with had three non-visiting roles, one of which I activated last night, and two visiting roles (both of which I felt should be upgraded before they were used since one was completely worthless and the other was only nominally useful as-was), which the person who it was passed onto (Pooky I think if my playerlist math is right) can confirm they received.[/quote]

I never said you did a visiting action, I just asked if you left your house. Those are two different things.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

so we got a guilty or what?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:43 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

No guilty from me.

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by Gypyx »

Votecount 2.1

We brought pizza (1) BBmolla
Not_Mafia (0)
Gamma Emerlad (0)
Toogeloo (0)
NoPowerOverMe (0)
Flea The Magician (0)
mastina (0)
BBmolla (2) Mastina - Flea the Magician
PookytheMagicalBear (1) We brought pizza
willow1 (0)
Shadowslug (0)

Not Voting (8) : Not_Mafia - Gamma Emerald -Toogeloo - NoPowerOverMe - PookytheMagicalBear - willow1 - Shadowslug

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to anahilate someone, day 2 starts now and ends in (expired on 2021-03-05 07:01:20)
Last edited by Gypyx on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:49 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

im not avoiding

their pooky vote

their me votes

Thats the most direct answer you've given me. Nora is a chaotic mess of a voter and follows her heart and brain interchangably and frankly I'm confident townbinning her, and the hydra as a result. Infinity is taking a steady approach, which is the infinity I'm familiar with despite lacking much game experience, MC is an enigma, I mean who really likes flareon? the attack powerhouse with special typing?

Yuo've got nothing, that I can see, and honestly you'd do better just saying that.

Mastinas screaming town to me rn, NPOM is failing the vibe check badly and can enter my PoE. Pooky is sadly failing the vibe check and shadowslug is pinging me.
We brought pizza
We brought pizza
Goon
We brought pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:52 am

Agreed wrt mastina; her reaction to the possible guilty was very town

-Infinity
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:52 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I'm not sure on mastina, pooky is hard to read because of playstyle, slug seems townish.

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:53 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I feel like this game will be won or lost on night actions more so than scummy behavior. A lot of players seem to be playing their cards close to the chest.

Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:44 am

then theres me, "ooo ninja! damnit miller!"
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1113, Flea The Magician wrote:
im not avoiding

their pooky vote

their me votes

Thats the most direct answer you've given me. Nora is a chaotic mess of a voter and follows her heart and brain interchangably and frankly I'm confident townbinning her, and the hydra as a result. Infinity is taking a steady approach, which is the infinity I'm familiar with despite lacking much game experience, MC is an enigma, I mean who really likes flareon? the attack powerhouse with special typing?

Yuo've got nothing, that I can see, and honestly you'd do better just saying that.

Mastinas screaming town to me rn, NPOM is failing the vibe check badly and can enter my PoE. Pooky is sadly failing the vibe check and shadowslug is pinging me.
“Your reasons aren’t reasons”

Okay lol
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:52 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

VOTE: pizza trio

noraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:44 am

your justification for pizza is some sus votes, your reasons are BS imo and your push is bad.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Toogeloo »

With the knowledge that your packs from last night got passed 3 people down the list, does anyone have any conclusions or thoughts on what the new recipients of your old packs might do, or does it affect anyone's reads in any way?

I think mastina is doing some magic with her posts, but it's bad magic. I don't forsee getting support for pushing it right now though, so I'm going to assist Pooky with the pizza push since that really needs to be worked out today, and I trust pooky a bit more here.

VOTE: We brought pizza
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:29 am

Given I dont believe anyone claimed any useful information regardin those passes, I dont think thats a viable question until tomorrow, honestly.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

@mod: I'm going to limited activity for the rest of the night and all of tomorrow. I will be in the hospital undergoing extensive nerve testing. Don't fret, I'm not getting the impression anything is wrong.
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by willow1 »

so i'm really concerned about the slowdown atm, it's partially my fault but we definitely need to pick it up a bit. i've been shellacked the last few days irl and am really tired and don't want to tackle the bigger projects (revisiting pizza) atm but we can take some interim measures in the meantime

first, it is antitown imo to be more specific, but i'm very confident that toog did not make the night kill last night!

second, bbmolla and pooky! congratulations! you've been chosen to be my accountability partners for tomorrow! if i don't show up grill me, let's hang out and solve mafia games tomorrow night. i think this game is really interesting and poses some unique challenges, i don't think we're hurting for anything to work through. i should be around by 9 est.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”