Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 972, Duchess wrote:
In post 505, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 491, Duchess wrote:
In post 329, VP Baltar wrote:GC also felt a bit townie, but the aggression on both sides of that dispute makes me suspicious.
Makes you suspicious of what exactly?
In post 392, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 376, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:hot take but the top 3 wagons here are TvTvT
I think the likelihood they are all town seems quite low actually.

Italiano is opportunistic enough to just be bad scum here, but maybe elements has some thoughts to add on that since he caught him before.

Dunn's answers sound like they are coming from a vitamin salesman. "You will FEEEL younger, I swear."

Elements has been pretty absent, but I felt town there early.
"Absent" is an extremely generous way of describing Elements's thread activity at the time. Were you aware they were dodging my direct questions while continuing to interact with my wagon from the sidelines? There is substance in Elements's absence that you didn't touch on here at all.

I don't like the way you've approached RTP in this post. Rather than caring to understand how they've come to those conclusions, you show up to throw a little one-liner grease on the fire for each wagon and then drop it. What's your current read of RTP?
Re: GC - over aggression is way more likely to be a scum trait, imo. Scum are fake scum hunting, so will often push points past an obvious conclusion because that would mean the scum would then have to come up with an entirely new angle to push. That is work when you are scum. Town is way more relaxed because those lines of inquiry emerge naturally as a result of having no actual clue what is true and what is false.

That, of course, doesn't mean town can't be aggressive. I'm just looking at authenticity vs. manufactured outrage.

Re: "dodging" your questions and elements - I don't know what you want me to say. You think I should be hyped up about some interaction you're having with Elements? I don't remember reading anything of substance there, but maybe I skimmed it or it seemed boring to me. We're other players picking up on this? Or you think there is a reason I, in particular, should have noticed this?

My current read of RTP is lean town. I'm trying to recalibrate to the change in style by Koba. They are a very good player, and I tend to not assign concrete reads early in a game anyhow because I'm often wrong and need to stay flexible until I have a good working theory of the game. I try to especially stay flexible on players who are very good.
You didn't answer my question. You have mentioned the Duchess/GC/Italiano debacle several times but haven't provided any conclusions, up to this point. Why did you say "aggression on both sides of that dispute makes me suspicious"?

My point is you made the assumption that Elements's lack of activity was merely being an "absence" when it was clearly evasion (something to which they themself have admitted), which tells me you haven't exactly been paying attention to the slot in a way that town looking for answers might be. If Elements was not enough on your radar for you to notice the blatant question-dodging and thread-fleeing, why did you choose to comment about them here at all? I find it harder to trust that the statements you make are true and genuine.

This answer doesn't address my concerns about your interaction with RTP. If you think it will be more difficult to read them than other players, or if you're giving special attention to your read of that slot, why didn't you engage further on that point if your reads were so opposite? Did you not care to understand how (or why, if scum) RTP came to those conclusions?
I did answer your question about aggression. it's in the post you quoted.

I really can't even follow whatever you are trying to say about Elements. I've read this like 10 times and it is incoherent. Like, you think I should have characterized Elements as "evasive" but instead I chose to use the word "absent." I don't think him being absent from the thread is a positive thing. This feels like you're having a semantics argument and I really don't understand the point or why you think that makes me scummy -- or whatever you're trying to say.

re: why didn't I engage further with RTP's "hot take" - I don't know. I guess I didn't find it that interesting or revealing about their alignment. Felt like them throwing out a comment to gather opinions, and I gave mine. It's not like it was some line of inquiry I started that I was super interested in.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 974, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:i dont get why ur so hung up about the mistake when i very clearly had an immediate reasoning for it - one that is completely plausible.
Probably because I don't want to get fooled by you and it that one hit me in the gut hard.
YOUR AD HERE

Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Reformed Toxic Player »

dw i always get sorted by the night kills

scum always think i appear way townier than i actually am being perceived by other town :lol:

except when masons have an ego trip and fos me for fosing them...
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:03 pm

what even was my hot take i forget.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:03 pm

oh right that there was a TvTvT wagon - lets revisit that
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 975, VP Baltar wrote:I really can't even follow whatever you are trying to say about Elements. I've read this like 10 times and it is incoherent. Like, you think I should have characterized Elements as "evasive" but instead I chose to use the word "absent." I don't think him being absent from the thread is a positive thing. This feels like you're having a semantics argument and I really don't understand the point or why you think that makes me scummy -- or whatever you're trying to say.
Unless, Duchess, you're trying to say I'm scum buddies with Elements...in which case, what evidence do you have without a flip?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

is your avi someone I should know RTP? It looks like this guy I used to know way back and it wigs me out. (ftr, he was not a toxic human)
YOUR AD HERE

Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:06 pm

In post 981, VP Baltar wrote:is your avi someone I should know RTP? It looks like this guy I used to know way back and it wigs me out. (ftr, he was not a toxic human)
tyler1 - he actually was toxic in LoL and then he got perma'd and started to reform himself.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:07 pm

In post 375, OutWorldER wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.04

Kolasin Muncipal Assembly, Montenegro

EliminationWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to eliminate someone.

ItalianoVD (3): Harumi Ayasato, Datisi, RLotus
Dunnstral (3): VP Baltar, Lunar Martian, Green Crayons
Elements (2): Andresvmb, Duchess
Harumi Ayasato (1): Testarossa
Testarossa (1): Dunnstral
Duchess (1): Reformed Toxic Player

Not Voting (2): ItalianoVD, Elements

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-02-28 21:49:12)

Mod notes:
[/area]
In post 376, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:hot take but the top 3 wagons here are TvTvT
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VP Baltar you've seen me with low activity as scum before. OK, that's not an end-all-be-all case against me. That happens as town too. "He's lurking" was never a case against me, and saying 'exactly' when asked what I did to make me get votes is also not a case against me.

The tunneling can be scum-motivated in that it doesn't pay attention to other slots (you're not doing this though)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 984, Dunnstral wrote:VP Baltar you've seen me with low activity as scum before. OK, that's not an end-all-be-all case against me. That happens as town too. "He's lurking" was never a case against me, and saying 'exactly' when asked what I did to make me get votes is also not a case against me.

The tunneling can be scum-motivated in that it doesn't pay attention to other slots (you're not doing this though)
So how should one differentiate your scum lurking from your town lurking?
YOUR AD HERE

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 877, OutWorldER wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.06

State Archives Building, Baku, Azerbaijan

EliminationWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to eliminate someone.

Reformed Toxic Player (3): Battle Mage, VP Baltar, Datisi
Elements (2): Andresvmb, Duchess
Green Crayons (1): Reformed Toxic Player
midwaybear (1): ItalianoVD
Battle Mage (1): Dunnstral
ItalianoVD (1): Harumi Ayasato
Dunnstral (1): Green Crayons

Not Voting
(3): RLotus, Elements, midwaybear

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-02-28 21:49:12).

Mod notes:
[/area]
VOTE: Elements
Not a fan of RTP wagon
I'd need a better case on RTlotus to vote for them than the kill kill kill stuff
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 985, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 984, Dunnstral wrote:VP Baltar you've seen me with low activity as scum before. OK, that's not an end-all-be-all case against me. That happens as town too. "He's lurking" was never a case against me, and saying 'exactly' when asked what I did to make me get votes is also not a case against me.

So how should one differentiate your scum lurking from your town lurking?
Obviously I become readable at some point, pushing me from the word go because I didn't produce enough content for your liking isn't productive
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

This isn't disney world on your birthday. No free passes.

Anyhow, what do you think of Lotus' case on me?
YOUR AD HERE

Duchess
Duchess
Goon
Duchess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Duchess »

In post 975, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 972, Duchess wrote:
In post 505, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 491, Duchess wrote:
In post 329, VP Baltar wrote:GC also felt a bit townie, but the aggression on both sides of that dispute makes me suspicious.
Makes you suspicious of what exactly?
In post 392, VP Baltar wrote:
I think the likelihood they are all town seems quite low actually.

Italiano is opportunistic enough to just be bad scum here, but maybe elements has some thoughts to add on that since he caught him before.

Dunn's answers sound like they are coming from a vitamin salesman. "You will FEEEL younger, I swear."

Elements has been pretty absent, but I felt town there early.
"Absent" is an extremely generous way of describing Elements's thread activity at the time. Were you aware they were dodging my direct questions while continuing to interact with my wagon from the sidelines? There is substance in Elements's absence that you didn't touch on here at all.

I don't like the way you've approached RTP in this post. Rather than caring to understand how they've come to those conclusions, you show up to throw a little one-liner grease on the fire for each wagon and then drop it. What's your current read of RTP?
Re: GC - over aggression is way more likely to be a scum trait, imo. Scum are fake scum hunting, so will often push points past an obvious conclusion because that would mean the scum would then have to come up with an entirely new angle to push. That is work when you are scum. Town is way more relaxed because those lines of inquiry emerge naturally as a result of having no actual clue what is true and what is false.

That, of course, doesn't mean town can't be aggressive. I'm just looking at authenticity vs. manufactured outrage.

Re: "dodging" your questions and elements - I don't know what you want me to say. You think I should be hyped up about some interaction you're having with Elements? I don't remember reading anything of substance there, but maybe I skimmed it or it seemed boring to me. We're other players picking up on this? Or you think there is a reason I, in particular, should have noticed this?

My current read of RTP is lean town. I'm trying to recalibrate to the change in style by Koba. They are a very good player, and I tend to not assign concrete reads early in a game anyhow because I'm often wrong and need to stay flexible until I have a good working theory of the game. I try to especially stay flexible on players who are very good.
You didn't answer my question. You have mentioned the Duchess/GC/Italiano debacle several times but haven't provided any conclusions, up to this point. Why did you say "aggression on both sides of that dispute makes me suspicious"?

My point is you made the assumption that Elements's lack of activity was merely being an "absence" when it was clearly evasion (something to which they themself have admitted), which tells me you haven't exactly been paying attention to the slot in a way that town looking for answers might be. If Elements was not enough on your radar for you to notice the blatant question-dodging and thread-fleeing, why did you choose to comment about them here at all? I find it harder to trust that the statements you make are true and genuine.

This answer doesn't address my concerns about your interaction with RTP. If you think it will be more difficult to read them than other players, or if you're giving special attention to your read of that slot, why didn't you engage further on that point if your reads were so opposite? Did you not care to understand how (or why, if scum) RTP came to those conclusions?
I did answer your question about aggression. it's in the post you quoted.

I really can't even follow whatever you are trying to say about Elements. I've read this like 10 times and it is incoherent. Like, you think I should have characterized Elements as "evasive" but instead I chose to use the word "absent." I don't think him being absent from the thread is a positive thing. This feels like you're having a semantics argument and I really don't understand the point or why you think that makes me scummy -- or whatever you're trying to say.

re: why didn't I engage further with RTP's "hot take" - I don't know. I guess I didn't find it that interesting or revealing about their alignment. Felt like them throwing out a comment to gather opinions, and I gave mine. It's not like it was some line of inquiry I started that I was super interested in.
No, you gave me a theory-talk about over aggression being a scum trait more often than not. I asked you what the aggression
on both sides
makes you suspicious of, or else why you worded it like that.

"Absent" implies absolutely nothing except that they were not posting. This could be lurking, real life issues, whatever. But there was never any ambiguity about their absence. They when I caught them online and addressed them directly after already ignoring 2 of my questions in a row and drawing the ire of my vote, all while continuing to interact with my wagon from the sidelines. Elements has to deliberately ignoring me. I voiced a great deal of frustration about it. If you're willing to throw out a completely uninformed comment like that, then I cannot trust any other stances you take, minor as it may be. From the rest of your posting, though, and the way you approached RTP in that one post, I would much sooner believe that an unsubstantiated claim like that comes from scum trying to shake things up rather than town who simply missed 100% of the context around another slot and still chose to comment on it anyway.
In post 980, VP Baltar wrote:Unless, Duchess, you're trying to say I'm scum buddies with Elements...in which case, what evidence do you have without a flip?
Don't put words in my mouth. I don't like the preemptive defensiveness here one bit.
Gotta frown at some of this stuff
They say that new Duchess don't sound hungry enough
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by RLotus »

I'd really like to hear from Harumi
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 989, Duchess wrote:"Absent" implies absolutely nothing except that they were not posting. This could be lurking, real life issues, whatever. But there was never any ambiguity about their absence. They fled when I caught them online and addressed them directly after already ignoring 2 of my questions in a row and drawing the ire of my vote, all while continuing to interact with my wagon from the sidelines. Elements has admitted to deliberately ignoring me. I voiced a great deal of frustration about it. If you're willing to throw out a completely uninformed comment like that, then I cannot trust any other stances you take, minor as it may be. From the rest of your posting, though, and the way you approached RTP in that one post, I would much sooner believe that an unsubstantiated claim like that comes from scum trying to shake things up rather than town who simply missed 100% of the context around another slot and still chose to comment on it anyway.
I honestly don't remember you "catching" elements lurking or whatever. I'll be real with you though: you write a lot of words to say very little, so it's possible I skimmed some bullshit from you that looked boring. My bad.

If you'd like to reiterate your elements case, I'm listening.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 305, Duchess wrote:See , Elements.
You're saying this post is where you "caught" elements lurking?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 989, Duchess wrote:I voiced a great deal of frustration about it.
What other posts did you make that you were expressing frustration?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 989, Duchess wrote:Don't put words in my mouth. I don't like the preemptive defensiveness here one bit.
Boo hoo.

I'm trying to figure out a reason why town!duchess would make such a wonky and pointless argument.
YOUR AD HERE

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

hellooooooooooooooo i'm here do i really have to read 12 pages?

someone give me cliff notes. who are we wagoning?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 995, Green Crayons wrote:hellooooooooooooooo i'm here do i really have to read 12 pages?

someone give me cliff notes. who are we wagoning?
It's a fast read. There is some thread spam you can move quickly through
YOUR AD HERE

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I guess I'll just hit highlights.

is Effort Posting. Not AI in terms of delivering content.

I'm assuming this is a bunch of ISO reads. at first glance i was unimpressed bc it mostly looked like observational statements, but doing more than skimming i suppose there's actual positions and AI assessment involved. some town points for staking positions, which is more than RTP was doing earlier.

but it's just a bunch of town reads that ends with some scum claims. the "reeval" doesn't make much sense if 696 is an ISO review, because wouldn't that reevaluation show up in the ISO review?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

^^^ strongly considering I was slotted as scum by RTP because he got touchy that I questioned him earlier
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 971, VP Baltar wrote:Datisi - Felt a little slow off the blocks, but he's not pushing in lots of directions and I'm frequently nodding along with his posts.
*Now pushing in a lot of directions
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”