RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 1199, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:you've never played on other sites? like this is your first time venturing into mafia?
Yea
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by Reformed Toxic Player »

In post 1198, Andresvmb wrote:VPB and Datisi are not both Scum here. I’m going to go out on a limb and claim that’s impossible based on how they’ve played. GC yeah maybe is Scum, but if they’re not, then what? You agree one of Italiano/Duchess deserves some scrutiny then right? But no mention of that? I’m not following.
duchess has been on my backburner and i keep reminding myself about that slot - they are definitely hard under the radar alongside harumi slot maxwell - i still think harumi leans town here though.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:30 pm

In post 1200, RLotus wrote:
In post 1199, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:you've never played on other sites? like this is your first time venturing into mafia?
Yea
UNVOTE:
VOTE: GC
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:31 pm

if you're fooling me here wp lotus bc u tie me to you now and i get fucked too - but im willing to take that as confirmation the meta read on u is correct that i had earlier.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1196, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:after blatantly misreading me last game u should be more cautious u know?
Well my misread wasn’t that aggressive, and I am cautious around you. You’re good. But you *are* admitting that the view you expressed earlier this game was wrong? I’m just skeptical of the fluidity behind your views here that’s all. If it’s a deliberate attempt at moving away from your meta then I don’t know what you want me to do about that.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:36 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 877, OutWorldER wrote:Reformed Toxic Player (3): Battle Mage, VP Baltar, Datisi
Yeah like both Datisi and VPB aren’t voting for you RTP as Scum Partners. Like no way.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 1205, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 877, OutWorldER wrote:Reformed Toxic Player (3): Battle Mage, VP Baltar, Datisi
Yeah like both Datisi and VPB aren’t voting for you RTP as Scum Partners. Like no way.
Why they are both very town read
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 pm

In post 1204, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1196, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:after blatantly misreading me last game u should be more cautious u know?
Well my misread wasn’t that aggressive, and I am cautious around you. You’re good. But you *are* admitting that the view you expressed earlier this game was wrong? I’m just skeptical of the fluidity behind your views here that’s all. If it’s a deliberate attempt at moving away from your meta then I don’t know what you want me to do about that.
yeah my d1 reads suck ass lol i had a 0/3 read last game. (granted it was masons so 2/3 informed hahaha) - but i think i have a good grasp of setting up winning PoEs at the very least and ~possibly~ getting 1 good strong scumread d1.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:41 pm

i guess ive been trying to compensate for my wildly bad reads d1 by trying to do much more reeval now? like - ive noticed a pattern in my town games where i pin down either 1 or 2 scum, and 1 is just off my radar and im tunneling a town(assuming 3 scum), so id rather fix that into catching all scum into a nice PoE box.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 905, Datisi wrote:i have a huge dislike of lotus' 869 bc it seems like half the posts are baltar asking someone about their negative read on someone else and lotus framing that as taking advantage / trying to get onto a misexe wagon. i was actually decently town on lotus bc i thought the arguments he was making against italiano rang honest but this is just... bad.

re: 871 - might come as a shocker, but (1) i townread baltar (2) i play town by working with my townreads. like yeah i'm assuming his alignment bc i think he's town?
Fascinating. We actually reached the same exact conclusion independently.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1206, RLotus wrote:
In post 1205, Andresvmb wrote:
Why they are both very town read
If they’re both very TR, why would both risk that Town cred by being early on a Town wagon? I know I wouldn’t.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Not saying it can’t happen btw. But if they’re both not feeling pressure, they would avoid linking themselves together in the early game is my feeling. Unless they both want to power wolf (and that’s exhausting), I think it’s totally reasonable to assume they’re at least not Partners.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 pm

In post 1211, Andresvmb wrote:Not saying it can’t happen btw. But if they’re both not feeling pressure, they would avoid linking themselves together in the early game is my feeling. Unless they both want to power wolf (and that’s exhausting), I think it’s totally reasonable to assume they’re at least not Partners.
honestly i was never even thinking in this direction bc theres nearly nothing to suggest that those 2 are partners with eachother.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:47 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1212, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:
In post 1211, Andresvmb wrote:Not saying it can’t happen btw. But if they’re both not feeling pressure, they would avoid linking themselves together in the early game is my feeling. Unless they both want to power wolf (and that’s exhausting), I think it’s totally reasonable to assume they’re at least not Partners.
honestly i was never even thinking in this direction bc theres nearly nothing to suggest that those 2 are partners with eachother.
My point is a bit different. I’m critiquing the construction of that POE you put out there. I don’t think there was much thought put into it, outside of grouping some players that are skeptical of your slot {BM, VPB, Datisi} [and c’mon they’re not all Scum that’s like impossible], and some easier slots to push given the game state in {Elements, GC}, though I suspect you couldn’t get a GC execution through (and maybe that’s the point).
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:47 pm

Post by RLotus »

Hm that is a good point.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:53 pm

In post 1213, Andresvmb wrote:
My point is a bit different. I’m critiquing the construction of that POE you put out there. I don’t think there was much thought put into it, outside of grouping some players that are skeptical of your slot {BM, VPB, Datisi} [and c’mon they’re not all Scum that’s like impossible], and some easier slots to push given the game state in {Elements, GC}, though I suspect you couldn’t get a GC execution through (and maybe that’s the point).
i assumed both GC and elements wouldnt flip scum there
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:53 pm

i assumed they both wouldnt not flip scum *
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:55 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1215, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:
Okay but the rest of your POE is literally the three players that were voting you at the time. There is no way in hell you’re going to convince me there’s nothing fishy about that. Particularly after you had already stated that players tend to SR you. I can’t remember exactly if you proceed to disagree with RLotus on VPB while drunk immediately before or after that POE (I think it’s after), but just very clearly there’s something off about how you’re approaching this game I feel.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 886, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:
In post 885, RLotus wrote:
In post 884, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:ok i got to drunk and distracted - but pls dont vote VP i dont think htats scum
I think he is scum tho
pls trust the drunk koba i think vp town
Yeah it was after.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:56 pm

In post 1217, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1215, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:
Okay but the rest of your POE is literally the three players that were voting you at the time. There is no way in hell you’re going to convince me there’s nothing fishy about that. Particularly after you had already stated that players tend to SR you. I can’t remember exactly if you proceed to disagree with RLotus on VPB while drunk immediately before or after that POE (I think it’s after), but just very clearly there’s something off about how you’re approaching this game I feel.
I'm not following.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:57 pm

can you cite a scum game of mine where my reads were this chaotic btw
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:57 pm

i can even cite offsite games where i tended to stay in boxed in reads to avoid scrutiny on my slot by pushing multiple slots i know are town because i dont like to bus ever on d1.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1220, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:can you cite a scum game of mine where my reads were this chaotic btw
No I can’t cite any game where you’ve been this chaotic at all. It’s confusing as hell to me. That’s why I’m struggling with how to read you.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1219, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:I'm not following.
I think more often than not you would not as Town look at three players voting you early in Day 1 and place all three in the POE, particularly when they’re all active and explaining themselves. There’s no chance in hell I would ever assume myself (unless I was some sort of genius and I’m not) that they’re all Scum or that they all deserve to be in the POE. The fact that you immediately went against one of those reads is confirmation enough that after you saw the votes, you realized just how unrealistic that position was.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:04 pm

Then the best town POV thing to do is to occams razor it as outside of scumrange(like this is very hard for me to fake as scum with so many variables) - and sort it on a later date.

and like if i feel stilted - theres another recent town game where i felt the same way because I felt like I needed to be careful to not have my words used against me to tank my towncred where I was facing against FL/Raya and I could tell they were being manipulative - (Names on the List).

I know I know, self meta and all, but the more i play on here the more apparent the difference in my play as either alignment is clearer and I can prove it. (this does mean next time i roll scum its a much higher effort play with an uncomfortable style but hey lol)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”