Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Superb Subtlety »

Are you telling me that you seriously haven't realised Whemestar either has or is pretending to have a post restriction? I am leaning the former

-jj
Alisae and jjh927 do the hydra thing!
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:14 am

Post by Raya36 »

No, I know that. I'm just saying nothing he has done is deserving of a lock town read
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them/Theirs

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Mad Hatters Tea Party »

I personally would not lock a town read this early; Mastina appears to be gauging people upon their entrance to the game and going from there.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
totally not a stealth alt
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:21 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 263, Raya36 wrote:Congratulations Penguin, a battle well fought.
tyty
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:26 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 245, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 182, WhemeStar wrote:King is wondering if anyone else has no reads like the king.

King is wondering who people scumread
In post 273, WhemeStar wrote:my townreads are scumreading Mastjna so I’m happy with this
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:31 am

Post by PenguinPower »

hmmm

UNVOTE:
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:33 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Someone still needs to tell me what is meant by "flip" and why it's in the vc.
<(") | (")>
Mad Hatters Tea Party
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Mad Hatters Tea Party
They/Them/Theirs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them/Theirs

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:56 am

Post by Mad Hatters Tea Party »

I simply assumed it was the variation of elimination and role reveal used by our moderator.
Remember, the best place to start is at the beginning, and when you get to the end, stop.
totally not a stealth alt
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:04 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 381, PenguinPower wrote:Someone still needs to tell me what is meant by "flip" and why it's in the vc.
Maybe mod can clarify that?
Im a dog that quacks
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

In post 303, Superb Subtlety wrote:
In post 297, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 278, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 264, Krazy wrote:
KOALAWANG
A ROUND OF KOALAWANG HAS ENDED

The winner of this round of koalawang is PenguinPower!
The D1 prize is for us to leash their vote at the time contest ended, so long as it isn’t a hammer.
you chose to trigger a competition which would require you to give up your vote to the 'winner'? :igmeou:
I don't think that's the real prize
We are not informed about the prize until AFTER Kolawang has ended and it is the real prize. I would think that anyone who played in Animals uPick 1 wouldn’t question that but you probably either forgot my role in that or didn’t follow that game very closely after your NK.

The only thing we have any say in is who wins Koalawang but beyond that it’s 100% up to Krazy.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:28 am

In post 327, Rathe wrote:
In post 322, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:
In post 316, Rathe wrote:
In post 299, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:VOTE: Rathe is an option I do believe will gain value moving forward.
???

We are quite some way into the game, and your contributions have been nil.
i dont post gifs
Then you signed up for the wrong game.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:29 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 382, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:I simply assumed it was the variation of elimination and role reveal used by our moderator.
hmm...seems too obvious

++ic points for you though.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:30 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 383, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 381, PenguinPower wrote:Someone still needs to tell me what is meant by "flip" and why it's in the vc.
Maybe mod can clarify that?
I would thought the king would be able to clarify anything.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:30 am

Post by PenguinPower »

who are your tr's btw?
<(") | (")>
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:30 am

In post 328, mastina wrote:
In post 253, WhemeStar wrote:King thought mastina was known to type in wall posts did they change or do I remember wrong
I do both. Shorter posts when it's more appropriate, longer posts when it's more appropriate.

Also in this game the extended rvs gives me less content to work with--it's not really my thing, it's not really my style, it's something that I can look at as an observer, smile, and appreciate it, enjoying it as a viewer, and get some good townreads from it, but I don't really know what to do with it as a starting point for content.

To give a metaphor for this. When I am at a family gathering that has dance, beit slowdance or more modern dance: I will be there, but I'll be sitting down, watching the dancers. I will smile, appreciate them from my seat, enjoy their dancing as an observer, and generally be around, and enjoying it, but not being a part of it. If I was asked to be a part of the dance, I wouldn't know where to begin, I'd be hesitant, I'd be out of my depths, I'd be uncomfortable, as a participant I'd be miserable, awkward, and not having a good time, in spite of being involved in the activity.

Which is to say the activity is more fun for me to watch than it is for me to participate in. There's plenty of games that work that way, too. I'll watch streamers play games that I myself would never play. (A prominent one: Dead by Daylight. I would never play killer because I don't really like first-person gameplay. I would never play survivor because playing survivor requires precision timing gameplay where you press the right buttons at precisely the right time and the right time is not something you know in advance. Yet in spite of me never wanting to play that game, it is one of my favorite games to watch and I've watched literally hundreds of hours of gameplay on it because I enjoy it as a viewer.)

Same basic principle here. The koala game is fun, and is good for me to watch, and I am getting townreads from the players playing it.
But I just...don't know what to do with it. I can state the townreads I suppose, and I can reiterate that gives the game a small POE for who the scum are likely to be.
In post 132, mastina wrote:Smoke and Mirrors (Nancy Drew 39 + Pooky)
Battle Mage
Superb Subtlety (alisae + jjh)

Mad Hatters Tea Party
WhemeStar
Raya36

Rathe
TheFuzzylogic99
PenguinPower

Korina
Noraabear

April Ludgate
...But I already did so and it's a bit hard to explain further beyond that.

Smoke and Mirrors radiate town in a way I've never seen before. They're truly a fire worthy of me, and I am naturally attracted to them as a strong townread here.

Battle Mage did not participate in koalawang, but his handling of the game has looked town. In hindsight, I may have placed him slightly too high, but I still think he's north of null this game.

Superb Subtly is very obviously town this game.

Mad Hatter Tea Party looks pretty damn town but I admit to unfamiliarity there and inability to tell how strongly so.
WhemeStar has looked incredibly town--tho I lack familiarity, the more and more WhemeStar posts the more I see town. In fact it's probably best to say that WhemeStar and Battle Mage's positions should be reversed: Whemestar as locktown with Battle Mage north of null but not in the same locktown tier as WhemeStar and Smoke/Mirrors and Superb Subtlety.
Raya and PenguinPower's participation in Koalawang is the perfect example of townreads generated from the event (PP was too low in the last readslist imo).

Rathe's literally naked voting with nothing more, so no koala play there and fully null.
TFL has been pretty null, fairly lackluster, but is still overall okay in not being south of null imo.

Then we get into the scumreads who're lackluster in a bad way and by no coincidence, none of them participated in koalawang.

So updated readslist:

Smoke and Mirrors (Nancy Drew 39 + Pooky)
Superb Subtlety (alisae + jjh)
WhemeStar

Mad Hatters Tea Party
Raya36
PenguinPower
Battle Mage

TheFuzzylogic99
Rathe

Korina
Noraabear

April Ludgate

Loosely, locktown, strong town, null, scumread, strong scumread.
Can you explain your srs on Korina, Noraabear and April? Thanks.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:34 am

In post 333, mastina wrote:
In post 286, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:The apathy of the town is beginning to worry me a bit. Both April and Korina said they are both apathetic toward this game.
As a hint: it'll help you when you realize that neither of them is actually town. :P

While I've nothing but gut for why Korina is scum here, April being scum here as apathetic is actually something I DO have reason for:

While FL is a player who can get apathetic as either alignment, statistically speaking, he is apathetic more often as scum (due to burnout from previous scumgames) more than as town.

It's not a surefire lock-scumtell, but it's better than random in accuracy. I'd say in the 60-75% range. Which is to say, in 25-40% of his games where he is apathetic FL will be apathetic-town but in the majority of them, the 60-75%, he is scum.
Interesting. My only experience with scum!FL was when he tried to control the game. I don’t think I’ve ever seen apathetic FL in any game I’ve ever played with him.
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:43 am

I’m liking Penguin and Raya so far. I think scum has more reason to fear Koalawang than town.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i am here, I will re-read tomorrow and post something of limited but not nil value.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Noraabear
Noraabear
Goon
Noraabear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Noraabear »

In post 370, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:
In post 367, Noraabear wrote:Stealth alts have no right to use meta on me because I have no way to see if your misusing my meta on purpose as scum or if you are talking about a specific game where I believe my town game was not portrayed accurately, etc etc.

You dont get to talk meta if you've concealed your identity.
My identity is concealed for good reasons, I can assure you. You are one of the people I would have no qualms releasing my true identity to. I have no intent to use the meta knowledge I hold against you, as I am aware you are quite busy at the moment - and have witnessed such knowledge backfire upon multiple occasions to the detriment of yourself and your companions.

It has always been my belief that alternate accounts are primarily for the obfuscation of the primary to avoid such uses of meta. It is a slightly underhanded tactic, but no less so than engaging in a hydra, in my opinion.
You have worded the part around my meta so poorly that I think you are scum if you are someone that knows me well which seems to be what you are hinting at.
I thought air was free ... until I bought a bag of
air
chips
Noraabear
Noraabear
Goon
Noraabear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Noraabear »

eek Nancy is scum here. town Nancy locktowns me like ten pages ago.
air
chips
Noraabear
Noraabear
Goon
Noraabear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Noraabear »

Nancy + Mastina + Penguinpower is a scum team that fits too well tho so I need to think on that later.
air
chips
Noraabear
Noraabear
Goon
Noraabear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Noraabear »

I believe there are 3 people Mad hatters party can be.
if they are my soul mason, my read on them is null.
if they are my friends girlfriend, my read on them is town.
but if they are the last one, they are scum.

you don't have to confirm or deny any of those. I'm just speculating for now.
air
chips
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 377, Mad Hatters Tea Party wrote:I personally would not lock a town read this early; Mastina appears to be gauging people upon their entrance to the game and going from there.
I'm wondering why mastina townreads him though
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:51 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Nora
I am a bit skeptical about your reads.

Can you explain why you think Nancy Drew is scum for not town reading you? This doesn't make any sense and I am trying to understand your logic here (assuming your read is not a joke read)
How sure are you on TMHTP? What if they are none of the above. Can you explain more without revealing the alts identity.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter
Korina
They
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: They

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Korina »

In post 339, mastina wrote:
In post 301, Korina wrote:I'm going to just hardclaim then: I'm a coroner. What purpose is there for a scum coroner?
When there's a town vig that janitors, to name just one example.

Suffice to say this is a fine instance tho of role != alignment. I do not think that in a Krazy game a claim of coroner is a town-only role.

If your plan was to coast by on claim alone, it aint gonna work. I'll want to see content from you and so far it is lacking in townness.
I know you've never played with me, nor any of my alts, so I'm going to say this:
Even as scum, I don't like coasting by on claim alone. I think winning from that alone is a cheap, and lame victory. I'd rather have a win that I actually worked towards, or a loss that I feel was a fair and just loss.

I have also said now multiple times that I will play once koalawang is over, and now that it's over, I'm playing. Not to mention, I'm V/LA on weekends. This is in my signature, so there's literally no excuse for not realizing this. If you're expecting me to put actual effort into a game when I'm not around, and really only checking the forums at inconsistent times, you're sorely mistaken.

Your gut read on me is entirely wrong as well. Sorry to say it.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B