Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:23 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

maybe its cuz its 5 am but i dont understand what you are trying to tell me lol
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I am not trying to tell you anything.

What I am saying is I think you fucked up your fake claim.

You say you got a pack with 2 doctors in it.
Then you claimed to take that role.

You then yourself would have one shot of doctor remaining to use on a future night.

However if whoever is 3 slots down/up/whatever direction from you has a 1 shot doctor then it’s likely you never doctored at all.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1251, MathBlade wrote:I am not trying to tell you anything.

What I am saying is I think you fucked up your fake claim.

You say you got a pack with 2 shot doctor in it.
Then you claimed to take that role.

You then yourself would have one shot of doctor remaining to use on a future night.

However if whoever is 3 slots down/up/whatever direction from you has a 1 shot doctor then it’s likely you never doctored at all.
Pedit it’s 2 am. Lol merged brain thoughts of your list would have to have two doctors to work and two shot doctor
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:38 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1251, MathBlade wrote:I am not trying to tell you anything. What I am saying is I think you fucked up your fake claim. You say you got a pack with 2 doctors in it. Then you claimed to take that role. You then yourself would have one shot of doctor remaining to use on a future night. However if whoever is 3 slots down/up/whatever direction from you has a 1 shot doctor then it’s likely you never doctored at all.
I have a different take; Pooky was legitimate in his claim but didn't fully understand the mechanics.

Pooky can still have the 2x doctor role, now with one less shot, and not realize it, thinking it got passed on by misinterpreting the mechanics, yes?

I for one didn't realize that roles which didn't specify the time effect or shots would be permanent. (I've passed up on taking roles that I could have, in hindsight, activated with no consequence and permanently used as a power role.) It took me rereading my powers each day to realize that, and I did so only just now, after you brought it up.

I looked at my D2 role and it has a role that specifies it can be used each night if picked up, but that's a detail very easy to miss if you're not paying attention.

I can very easily see town picking up a role, thinking they only have it for that night, and then in spite of having the option to use it the next night, thinking they don't have it.

After all, Gypyx PMs us what our new pack of powers is; Gypyx to my knowledge does not PM us with a list of what powers we have
available
(the two are not one and the same as you yourself are noting. The available powers we have are any powers which aren't outside of their gated day or out of shots. But Gypyx only lists the available powers from the packs we're given).

Also, MathBlade: I can confirm that this game has a LOT of overlap in roles. I've gotten at least 2-3 nearly identical roles on different days, including today having received a protective. (Not a 1x doctor, but yes a protective.)

Also, since you asked for catchup, here's some perspective:
In post 1066, mastina wrote:
In post 1045, Gypyx wrote:
Votecount 1.12

We brought pizza (1) BBmolla
NoPowerOverMe (3) willow1 - shadowslug - clidd
Flea The Magician (1) Klick
BBmolla (1) Mastina
Klick (7) toogeloo - Gamma Emerald - We brought pizza - NoPowerOverMe - PookyTheMagicalBear - Flea The Magician - Not_Mafia
Banished !
The NPOM wagon is pure town--unless you wanna give the argument willow or shadowslug are scum, which they just aren't.

Klick was town. I am town.

The only way there's not three scum on the wagon is if Molla's scum.
There is either two scum on the wagon if Molla is scum, or three scum on the wagon if Molla is town.
Those are the ONLY possibilities.

Pooky's push I'm pretty sure came from town, and N_M did what he always does (every L-2 is essentially an L-1 as long as N_M is alive) so is explicitly null (tho to reiterate, the one and only reason N_M would be scum is that this is literally the most active, most content, N_M has ever been in a game which is explicitly "too townie to be town" logic; I townread him for what he's done thusfar).

Tho I also townread Pizza I'd have to review their push there to see if I thought it was town or not.

Most of the votes there, just...aren't town tho.

In {Toogeloo, Gamma Emerald, NPOM, Flea}, there is, objectively, a
minimum
of one scum. Like, no matter what: that group has to have at least one scum in there.

I happen to rather strongly believe it's two.
(I am reconsidering Not_Mafia by virtue of various factors since then but I do think that Pooky is town here. Pizza may or may not be in there.)
In post 1102, mastina wrote:
In post 1084, We brought pizza wrote:There's nothing that says there has to be scum on an elim wagon, there just usually is because of probability
In this case, the belief there's 2-3 scum on the elimination wagon tho is based on the names off of it.
The names off of it are BBMolla, myself (I am town), Klick (who is flipped town), clidd (who is flipped town), willow (who I strongly townread), and shadowslug (who I also strongly townread).

For the elimination wagon to be all town, it would require the scumteam to be exactly {BBMolla, willow1, shadowslug}.

In other words--for every name off the wagon you believe to be town, you must add a scum ON the wagon.

If you believe willow is town, that's a minimum of one scum. If you believe willow and shadowslug are town, that's a minimum of two scum. If you believe willow, shadowslug, and Molla are all town (I don't; see also, voting Molla), then you must, inherently, believe three scum are on the wagon.

The elimination wagon having 2-3 scum on it is thus, a guarantee. Not an assumption.

The only question is which of the names you believe to be the scum, since you can make a compelling argument for literally every single member of the wagon being scum. (4-5 of the members of the wagon are town, so with only 2-3 as scum, the wagon while sucking was still inherently made more of town than of scum.)

This is actually one of the reasons I prefer voting Molla, too.

Unless you believe all three scum were on the wagon, the odds of finding scum off the wagon are actually higher. If there's one scum off the wagon, there's a 33% chance of finding them objectively (tho subjectively it jumps to 100% being Molla). In contrast, on the Klick wagon, 2/7 comes out to objectively ~29%. (Admittedly, tho, 3/7 is ~43%. So if the wagon has three scum on it rather than two scum, obviously the odds there are better. So the question on whether to vote Molla becomes: do you believe that there's 2 scum on the Klick wagon, or 3? If 2, vote Molla; if 3, vote someone on the wagon.)
In post 1129, mastina wrote:
In post 1124, willow1 wrote:first, it is antitown imo to be more specific, but i'm very confident that toog did not make the night kill last night!
I'll buy it. I also buy that you're town. I'm also willing to buy that NPOM's play is too weird to be scum, too. Which means the scum pool is narrowed rather significantly:
Objectively, {BBMolla, Flea, Pizza, Not_Mafia, Gamma, Pooky, shadowslug}.
I am removing Pooky from there due to my townread and shadowslug similarly so.

Subjectively, {BBMolla, Flea, Pizza, Not_Mafia, Gamma}.
Given Pooky's claim and play I am removing him, too.
I may need to reconsider on NPOM again.

To give you more of where this is coming from:
willow claimed Toogeloo did not make the N1 nightkill--not a hardclear on either slot, but fairly promising for both. (I am hard-townreading willow. Toogeloo, less so, and Toog is not a hard-clear, but is probably a suboptimal elimination.)
NPOM was weird about questioning me with maybe a motion detector result on me N1.
Not_Mafia claimed to have visited me N1 with a 1x checker action.
Pooky is now a claimed 2x doctor; you are now a claimed 1x jailkeeper.
I used a non-visiting action N1.

I think that's all the claims we've had.

Play-wise, shadowslug looks strongly town; Pooky also looks town; willow additionally looks town.

So I'm mostly looking at {Molla, Not_Mafia, Pizza, NPOM} as eliminations today, with Toogeloo as a possible elimination but not an ideal one to make today.

I don't think that both N_M and NPOM are scum given the D2 interactions between them in regards to me, but I DO think between the two, there is going to be scum.
Pizza has looked fairly town; if they are town, then I'd think that Toogeloo was scum that in spite of not making the N1 kill was still scum, but I do have to admit that if I am in the right direction by POE in spite of them looking town they have a fair chance of being scum.
Molla is just always scum here though.

I should give some full disclosure; you may note: I
was
scumreading your slot, and had been for the entirety of the game. But having seen your immediate entrance into the game, I think you're probably town here which is why I'm doing this. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:40 am

Post by mastina »

Oh that was meant to have this:
VOTE: BBMolla
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1253, mastina wrote:I have a different take; Pooky was legitimate in his claim but didn't fully understand the mechanics.

Pooky can still have the 2x doctor role, now with one less shot, and not realize it, thinking it got passed on by misinterpreting the mechanics, yes?
It’s possible but not probable IMHO.

Pooky is a top caliber player someone who is very good at mafia.

I suppose this really clarifies itself when Pizza is on (assuming the game uses the “Living” list) and we can ask if they got passed a doctor role no?

Glad you’re townreading me and I am probably gonna sheep you and go BBMolla vote here in a bit.

It’s also worth keeping in mind that I could have also picked up and used the bodyguard I passed on. So saying I am a claimed 1-shot JK may not be accurate in the future if I live beyond today and get passed non vanilla stuff.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:20 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I don't think pooky is as good as you give him credit for. He gets miselikinated a lot.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1256, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I don't think pooky is as good as you give him credit for. He gets miselikinated a lot.
I am thinking NPOM + Pooky + BBMolla here as a gut shot.

NPOM opens with a bland literally all the cases in the fucking world
(Eg we’re both town
One or the other is scum
Or both scum)

Then when Pooky gets questioned this soft defense of Pooky by NPOM is weird. Why defend Pooky here? This all gets straightened away with Pizza no?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

Btw I blocked Mastina last night as she had 0 votes on her and was scared of either her being a deep wolf or the night kill. I don’t think Mastina actually does the kill here so gonna lock her in as town since her reaction was good.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1258, MathBlade wrote:Btw I blocked Mastina last night as she had 0 votes on her and was scared of either her being a deep wolf or the night kill. I don’t think Mastina actually does the kill here so gonna lock her in as town since her reaction was good.
Jailkept* lmao

I literally can’t after puking all day yesterday
GTKAS -- MathBlade
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:37 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I'm bland therefore I'm scummy?

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:38 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I used a town only role last night btw.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:40 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

lol i also protected mastina
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
We brought pizza
We brought pizza
Goon
We brought pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:42 am

Post by We brought pizza »

Everyone that is alive tell us if we could dayvig someone who we should dayvig. I'm boutta blast out these guns.
we brought it but .... well .... something happened to it on the way here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1236, NoPowerOverMe wrote:So
a) We have a kill stopper and a roleblocker.

b) Pooky is lying scum and MB is a roleblocker

c) MB is scum and and Pooky is a kill stopper

d) both are lying
In post 1256, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I don't think pooky is as good as you give him credit for. He gets miselikinated a lot.
It’s more a congitive dissonance.

In the first post you’re very hedgy like “hmmmm what will I do?”
Then after I point out Pooky’s flaw you’re “Pooky gets miselimmed a lot” showing a stance/unhedgy attitude.

Pedit: BBMolla or Pooky. Hey Pizza, did you get passed a doctor?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

NPOM I think is a good wagon but not day vig. The other two scumreads I have (NPOM and Pooky) are much harder wagons.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
We brought pizza
We brought pizza
Goon
We brought pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:46 am

I know this was a while ago, but this unannounced E-1 was awful.

We didn't get passed a doctor.

-Infinity
We brought pizza
We brought pizza
Goon
We brought pizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:48 am

In post 1264, MathBlade wrote:Hey Pizza, did you get passed a doctor?
No
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:48 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Am I wrong on either count?

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:51 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I'm not seeing the mastina love tbh. She seems edgy to me.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1268, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Am I wrong on either count?
You literally can’t be wrong on the first post. It includes all the options.

And for the second, I haven’t seen him be miselimmed a lot (there was the one time I was dead set on him in a micro theme and wrong) but how often someone is miselimmed isn’t the benchmark of whether they’re good with mechanics/rules.

Mastina you think Pooky is scum or NPOM is TMIing Pooky town?

So Pizza didn’t get passed a doctor which is interesting indeed.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1265, MathBlade wrote:NPOM I think is a good wagon but not day vig. The other two scumreads I have (BbMolla and Pooky) are much harder wagons.
I swear I can type omg
GTKAS -- MathBlade
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:58 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

My experience with pooky is that he fluff posts a lot and avoids stances.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1272, NoPowerOverMe wrote:My experience with pooky is that he posts a little and has accurate scumreads.
Ftfy. If he was doing what you said I would be all over him except for a few minor exceptions which are impossible this game.

Also there is no such thing as a “town only” power except innocent child and you aren’t mod confirmed town soooooo pretty sure you’re scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: BBMolla

Blatant sheep time. Baaaaaaaaah! Mastina is a permanent double voter long as I am alive.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”