olaf
olaf
Goon
olaf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5275 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:15 am

Post by olaf »

In post 5271, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Alternatively Pyro is another vt claim I’m worried about but it would be nice if either one actually bothered to address my vt spec instead if pretty much outright ignoring it.
i would dislike being pushed out simply because i'm a VT
i suspect 1+ of the VT claims are using the claim as cover
you would know about the mason(s)
vig and any other strong PR may also have opted to hide
by any means i don't think it's a good strat to definitely assume there's at least 1 scum in there
olaf
olaf
Goon
olaf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5276 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:18 am

Post by olaf »

agree it's toogeloo if you want me to pick out of the VT claims
clidd i think spewed town by sherlock's push on him EoD
SaraharaS
SaraharaS
Goon
SaraharaS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5277 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:02 am

Post by SaraharaS »

since you asked for some more thoughts on VT spec... here's some in depth :D
looking briefly though some past larges here's some precedent of same/similar vanilla:

7/17 VT: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=84560
7/18 VT: viewtopic.php?f=160&t=85653
6/17 VT, with mod note that town PRs were designed to be actively negative utility: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=85191

mod spec - the last VS was considered a stomp for town, and the masonary/setup veeeeery townsided if i'm reading that right. Reasonable to assume the mod for this game would aim to factor feedback from the last one and the discussion on masons there into it (when was it designed infulences this though)

i think you're treating '3 masons or your choice of any PRs' part of the setup as being a lot less powerful than it is and assuming more PRs when 3 masons/equivalent already take up a massive chunk of the overall power of a town (+ as noted below, vig exists & nightskip both are presumably town)

conclusion on possibilities
- 7 VT is reasonable by precedent/setup/reads and not impossible or even unlikely i think... but i don't exactly design setups so maybe i'm wrong on design spec
- 1 scum in the 5 remaining is also possible and incredibly likely if the vanilla cop is a real claim
- third option is that both are true. there's multiple slots that didn't claim vanilla or not vanilla. if there's a scum goon within those slots then we can also be in a world where the town VTs claimed, but any scum who were considering claiming VT saw that you were already looking at the VTs and chose not to (this obviously also works with more than 1 scum goon and 1 claimed goon within it + probably other cases)
- fakeclaiming of VT is possible and adjusts everything here/raises other possibilities

i'm happy to assume
- Vig is town
- Scum had day shot so town have nightskip to balance out the killpower increase from a dayvig (effectively cancel out to scum making their kill during the day instead of night if both used? discounting impact of vig)
- masons and/or equivalent powers exist
- locktown reads are almost definitely town because words have definitions that give you their meaning and the definition of locktown is a townread that's so strong it's bordering on 100%, so presumably someone who's locktown is presumably close to 100% town

Also to note
- my/town in general's reads are mechanically objectively worse than Nancy's because Nancy isn't going to push a mason whereas i/town in general might
- Nancy shares most/all of my locktown reads

This is follow the
cop
stump now imo. the masons hiding is an easy win condition. actively pushing anyone feels like a bad idea at this point. going into strong townreads being far more useful IF Nancy is pushing them but not if Nancy isn't pushing them

---
unrelated, but ignoring the vanilla things is imo, 100% pro town for reasons i'll explain if you want me to but not unless asked specifically
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5278 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:23 am

Post by Titus »

*takes avid notes about mass VT claim*

Muhahaha.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5279 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:25 am

Post by DkKoba »

Im vt
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #5280 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5260, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5226, DkKoba wrote:
In post 5225, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5085, DkKoba wrote:if you think WnP is town sure but I'm not letting scum PR claims skate by unchallenged cuz it ruins solving the game.

VOTE: KidAM
I guarantee you that at least one of the vt claims is fake.
ok then u lead the lim cuz u know whos mason and whos not
I still want to try and find the scum roleblocker/strongman because one has to exist unless RS is scum and Krazy made such a federal case about M & R being vanilla copped instead, which makes me think it’s real. I also think that if W & P are scum, why did he need it made public who they check? It makes me think they aren’t aligned. If I can’t find the roleblocker/strongman today, then I’d probably want to go with one of the fake vt claims and Krazy’s positioning on both Clidd and Toog looks extremely bad for Toog.

PB, Clidd and Sarah acknowledging what I’m saying about the vt claims reads townie to me because it’s anti survivalistic.
In post 5266, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4757, Sherlock and Watson wrote:I think Pink Ball is being very reasonable about how he is handling you. Nancy. Relax. And Focus.

Focus.

If you really want Starcrossed vanilla cop checked over mastina, I'd be welcome to hear why, otherwise I think mastina is the better vanilla cop check based on the information that town will need to be able to discuss on day 2 to solve effectively.
This is why I think KidAm s town, because why does Krazy even gaf about M & R being vanilla copped, since we already know they wanted them unprotected?

Maybe a 1 shot strongman > a roleblocker?
These are incompatible thoughts nancy.
You cant have a town doc and a town investivative that can get pretty consistent guilties its just not possible here when both were claimed
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #5281 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:29 am

Post by DkKoba »

a vanilla cop is possible with doc bc that combo is useless.
retired
SaraharaS
SaraharaS
Goon
SaraharaS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5282 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:39 am

Post by SaraharaS »

oh looks like there's scum in the VT claims for sure then
SaraharaS
SaraharaS
Goon
SaraharaS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5283 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:40 am

Post by SaraharaS »

but whom
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5284 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5275, olaf wrote:
In post 5271, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Alternatively Pyro is another vt claim I’m worried about but it would be nice if either one actually bothered to address my vt spec instead if pretty much outright ignoring it.
i would dislike being pushed out simply because i'm a VT
i suspect 1+ of the VT claims are using the claim as cover
you would know about the mason(s)
vig and any other strong PR may also have opted to hide
by any means i don't think it's a good strat to definitely assume there's at least 1 scum in there
It is if you understand the exact setup and have good reasons to think Koba, KidAm and W & P are likely all town. It’s just not possible that there is no scum amongst the vts.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5285 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:50 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5279, DkKoba wrote:Im vt
:lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5286 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Titus »

All hail queen Nancy. I'll be nice and give you a hint tomorrow if all goes according to my plan today. Hehehe.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5287 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:13 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5280, DkKoba wrote:
In post 5260, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5226, DkKoba wrote:
In post 5225, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5085, DkKoba wrote:if you think WnP is town sure but I'm not letting scum PR claims skate by unchallenged cuz it ruins solving the game.

VOTE: KidAM
I guarantee you that at least one of the vt claims is fake.
ok then u lead the lim cuz u know whos mason and whos not
I still want to try and find the scum roleblocker/strongman because one has to exist unless RS is scum and Krazy made such a federal case about M & R being vanilla copped instead, which makes me think it’s real. I also think that if W & P are scum, why did he need it made public who they check? It makes me think they aren’t aligned. If I can’t find the roleblocker/strongman today, then I’d probably want to go with one of the fake vt claims and Krazy’s positioning on both Clidd and Toog looks extremely bad for Toog.

PB, Clidd and Sarah acknowledging what I’m saying about the vt claims reads townie to me because it’s anti survivalistic.
In post 5266, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4757, Sherlock and Watson wrote:I think Pink Ball is being very reasonable about how he is handling you. Nancy. Relax. And Focus.

Focus.

If you really want Starcrossed vanilla cop checked over mastina, I'd be welcome to hear why, otherwise I think mastina is the better vanilla cop check based on the information that town will need to be able to discuss on day 2 to solve effectively.
This is why I think KidAm s town, because why does Krazy even gaf about M & R being vanilla copped, since we already know they wanted them unprotected?

Maybe a 1 shot strongman > a roleblocker?
These are incompatible thoughts nancy.
You cant have a town doc and a town investivative that can get pretty consistent guilties its just not possible here when both were claimed
I think you, KidAm and W & P are all town based off of Krazy’s ISO. You are obvious. Krazy wanted M & R to be copped by you so no rolestop. If rolestop was fake or scum, he wouldn’t have done that because your role is kind’ve useless. As for W & P, Krazy’s first choice for GS was PB. Now what does that have anything to do with W & P’s alignment? Plenty because PB is flaming obvtown, now let’s say PB was actually vig not vt, well after he dies, it would look terrible for W & P, so Krazy would publicly push for a buddy to be gunchecked, while secretly check PB. KidAm was either roleblocked or M & R were strongmanned and clearly W & P is telling the truth about being GS. If any of the investigatives don’t make sense, then maybe Tweetie? Because I still don’t understand how sending player’s messages asking them to crumb their role is anyway useful as a town invest but her being an actual messenger is confirmed. However, generally rolefishing seems more scum indicative to me because how does asking players to confirm their role a protown role here? It’s like an individual mass claim thing. What confuses me is Noraa’s stance on Koba. I don’t know but that whole messenger thing seems hella weird to me. If I’m in a game and any player asks me to tell them my role without them sharing their role with me first, I’d definitely be hella suspicious of why they’’d be asking me to do that but Olaf white knighting her is even stranger.

Just reread Krazy and you’d understand what I mean. I believe we have either a scum strongman or roleblocker and if W & P’s role is real and it definitely looks like it is, someone is probably lying about theirs. The way Noraa rammed through BM miselim still bugs me.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5288 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5286, Titus wrote:All hail queen Nancy. I'll be nice and give you a hint tomorrow if all goes according to my plan today. Hehehe.
It won’t because the NK will very clearly answer any/all lingering questions.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5289 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5288, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5286, Titus wrote:All hail queen Nancy. I'll be nice and give you a hint tomorrow if all goes according to my plan today. Hehehe.
*evil laughter*

I want to go to nightphase.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5290 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I really have no interest in sitting here the whole day phase while Nancy drags this out for another 180 pages. If you're going to execute me, I'd rather it be sooner than later.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5291 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:43 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5289, Titus wrote:
*evil laughter*

You shouldn’t be the specific choice of NK target may or may not be extremely revealing.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #5292 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

as a former scum mailman ive been told to not use my ability by partners :lol:
retired
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5293 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5290, Toogeloo wrote:I really have no interest in sitting here the whole day phase while Nancy drags this out for another 180 pages. If you're going to execute me, I'd rather it be sooner than later.
If you can convincingly sell me on a better lim than you, I’m open to listening but all you’ve said to attempt to convince me I’m wrong is that “scum is in my ear” and that we should “execute War and Peace” without giving any reasoning for it. I also do believe that at least one scum amongst vt claims, so why don’t you help me find out who if not you?

You could also help yourself by giving a complete readslist, which will help me to evaluate if my read on you is correct or not.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #5294 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

last time i saw toog as town they didnt rly do much and just defaulted to posting readslist rather than really contribute.
retired
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5295 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Any reads-list I give you is flawed from the fact that I haven't read moran 70% of the posts in the game. My gut and perspective say W&P and Tweet are scum.

I think Batsu got in your pocket early.

I think the gunsmith doesn't exist alongside the Vanilla Cop, and I think the Cop is townier.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5296 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5292, DkKoba wrote:as a former scum mailman ive been told to not use my ability by partners :lol:
Do you think that’s what Tweetie might be? Because I really am unaware of too many town investigative roles that involve messaging another player and requesting the crumb their specific role to them.

Town messenger invests would be far more likely to involve the player either crumbing their role to another player first or promising to reciprocate, because why would Tweetie logically expect Starcrossed to do this without reciprocate on her part?

So town messanger likely crumbs their role or something else to Starcrossed and evaluates their alignment based on how they respond. By either reciprocating or doing something to prove their loyalty etc.

So, that’s why I think if any claimed tpr is sus, it’s Tweetie’s because rolefishing is in general antitown and yes it definitely does look like something Titus might conceivably ask a player who’s read as consensus town to be able to successfully pull off, so Krazy’s “I need to get Noraa out of my head, could just as easily apply to Olaf as Toog, dependant on whether or not Tweetie is actually scum here because if Tweetie’s scum, bank on it that Olaf is likely also but the converse might not necessarily apply.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5297 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Toogeloo »

So yeah, I'm not even looking at VTs as scum.

I don't think you have more than 1 mason (and I've been thinking you actually have 0 tbqh), and I think we have a lot of VT fillers as a result with all your 1 shot powers.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #5298 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:06 am

Post by DkKoba »

nancy imma be honest ur posts are like jusr washing over me and i just dunno where to find scum at this point like i feel too low info here and im like frustrated cuz i know town gs wouldn't live here with scum strongman unless the RB was scum who messed up
retired
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5299 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5291, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5289, Titus wrote:
*evil laughter*

You shouldn’t be the specific choice of NK target may or may not be extremely revealing.
Try me.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”