She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5600 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5595, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 5543, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Everyone ISO Sherlock and Watson and give me 3 townreads and 3 scumreads solely based on that.
Going just off the iso I'll say:

Town: Olaf, Morning Tweet, Fey
Scum: Starcrossed, Pink Ball, War and Peace
IDK: Clidd
Krazy kept trying to push Saudade/PB and wanted him and REK gun checked.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5601 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by DkKoba »

shame saudade isn't in this game, I haven't played a forum game with them yet. plenty of chat games when I first started epicmafia though
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #5602 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by DkKoba »

@nancy did the night stopper (the person who had us skip n1) claim on d1 or is this a d2 thing - bc i think a townie would have claimed it right away.7
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #5603 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also i wanna reiterate im getting significantly different vibes from toog from our last game where we were both town. I think thats a good elim today.
retired
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5604 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5601, DkKoba wrote:shame saudade isn't in this game, I haven't played a forum game with them yet. plenty of chat games when I first started epicmafia though
I’m not sad, I much much much prefer PB but Krazy kept trying to pit us against each other.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5605 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5602, DkKoba wrote:@nancy did the night stopper (the person who had us skip n1) claim on d1 or is this a d2 thing - bc i think a townie would have claimed it right away.7
Yes, Fey hardclaimed it after Noraa pushed her.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5606 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5295, Toogeloo wrote:Any reads-list I give you is flawed from the fact that I haven't read moran 70% of the posts in the game. My gut and perspective say W&P and Tweet are scum.

I think Batsu got in your pocket early.

I think the gunsmith doesn't exist alongside the Vanilla Cop, and I think the Cop is townier.
While that’s obviously true, vanilla cop isn’t a terribly useful role and considering Italiano flip, clearly another town invest is necessary.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
War and Peace
War and Peace
Townie
War and Peace
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5607 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by War and Peace »

In post 5369, Dunnstral wrote:ircher is there a reason you don't just skip ~100 pages that you can't read and start from the new day?

Why couldn't you catch up at night?

I get you're doing a 10 pages per day thing
Context. I lose too much on context if I skip that many pages. Plus, the more important stuff reads wise tends to happen in the first several pages rather than the latter end.

Regarding the night phase, I honestly took a break. I don't know; I haven't really been feeling like playing mafia much lately; I think I kinda burned out some. (This also happens to be the reason I didn't read yesterday... So yeah...)
In post 5370, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:It isn’t obvious to me? Which one is 5uffering and Bats? I know you are extremely behind in your catchup, so I’m going to assume Bats is the tr and 5uffering is the sr but S & W scumflip should definitely have impacted at least one of those reads for you.
Yes, Batsunami is the town read and 5uffering is the scum read. I honestly haven't been paying Sherlock/Watson much attention since I saw that they flipped scum, so their associatives haven't really factored into my reads at all.
---
In post 2626, Alisae wrote:
olaf replaces pyro
Well, that was sudden.
In post 2695, Gamma Emerald wrote:Titus has a point.
(In reference to :) No, she doesn't. The colors come from a template I copy-paste.
In post 2699, Starcrossed wrote:ircher, can i see a towngame of yours?

~mitsuha
Take your pick.
In post 2703, Dunnstral wrote:Ircher do you post similar colored reads walls as town as well? And can you think of an example?
This is a silly question. 1) Even if I didn't, I wouldn't admit such as that would be a trust tell, and trust tells are banned. 2) You were in Pooky vs. FL with me. I'm pretty sure I posted at least one of these that game. (Actually, I think I posted multiple.) 3) I have a wiki page. It wouldn't take too long to look at like my last 5 games and see if I did this.
In post 2728, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Amy made posts similar to the kind of post you saw as possibly scummy from Dunn. Scum rarely make these kinds of posts. They are usually far more careful.
I don't think this is an issue of being careful. It seems more of an issue of Dunnstral's question looking busy.
In post 2733, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I insist on a hard claim from them and NV isn’t cutting it for me. If W & P flips scum, there may be possible associatives with Gamma since Ircher inexplicably thought he needed “defending” from Pyro’s very valid and reasonable question.
That was samantha who posted the defense.
In post 2739, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Saudade may be obnoxious does that necessarily make him scum?
Not at all. Like, the way Saudade has approached this game just doesn't make a whole lot of sense as scum. He's purposely antagonized you and everyone else and hasn't shown any signs of backing down. He has said what he thinks without a care for what others will perceive of it. Could it be scum? I guess, but it honestly seems really unlikely to me.
In post 2772, olaf wrote:hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
you didn't think to claim something so good when you were a 1/2 vig target yesterday
We claimed not vanilla. I think that was sufficient for the time. Anything more attracts a night kill. (Granted, our night kill chance even with our PR is rather low given we are constantly under suspicion.)
In post 2775, olaf wrote:
In post 2690, War and Peace wrote:Interesting vote; why them?
are you even expecting a response when you're 80 pages behind or whatever
it's probably been explained
Generally speaking, I expect a response if it wasn't already responded to. In most cases, someone else brought up the same point, so I get the response when I continue my catch up rather than much later. If by chance, it wasn't brought up, then yes, I would expect a response and would probably bring it up again.
In post 2791, ItalianoVD wrote:Why would you do a readslist after only reading 25 pages? This game has like a 1000.
I think the better question is... why not? Like, if you track my rate of reading, it's clear I would not reach the caught up point any time soon. Reads lists are also not just for y'all; they help me to evaluate and consolidate my thoughts into sturdy reads.
In post 2799, Toogeloo wrote:I don't really understand how the charts clear anyone.
No one said anything about clearing. It's a device for making inferences based on patterns. Those inferences are informed by the patterns, but nothing 100% definitive can be garnered from such data with so many variables and confounding factors.

To bottom of .
~War
Hydra of Ircher (War) and samantha97 (Peace).
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #5608 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5604, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5601, DkKoba wrote:shame saudade isn't in this game, I haven't played a forum game with them yet. plenty of chat games when I first started epicmafia though
I’m not sad, I much much much prefer PB but Krazy kept trying to pit us against each other.
saudade is a very capable player :P that is why i am sad.
retired
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5609 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:32 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5329, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 5326, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@Toog can we get a readslist from you, thanks?
I will put a disclaimer ahead of time that my reads in each section are in no particular order. Apparently you guys think that in a category something at the top means strongest, which for me is never the case. The strongest is the category itself. If I want someone to know who my #1 town read is, I'll emphasize it.

Town for sure:

Fey
Pink Ball

Town-leans as of right now

Clidd**
Olaf
Dkkoba

PoE

Morning Tweet
War and Peace
Starcrossed
KidAmn*
SaraharaS*
Red Eyed Knights*
Dunnstral

*means I actually have like, zero, read on this slot at all. I don't pay attention to them, and I have literally no idea what contributions they have to the game. I pay attention to Nancy, and a bit of the conversation that is happening when I am actively there, and I have skipped everything else.

**has a good chance of actually being near town for sure based on interactions with scum, but I haven't paid that much attention and to the slot and it's more of a guess.
I didn’t realize this before but almost your entire PoE save Koba consists of non vt claims. Sarah is literally the only vt claim in your entire PoE.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5610 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5608, DkKoba wrote:
In post 5604, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
saudade is a very capable player :P that is why i am sad.
We very clearly don’t get along.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #5611 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by DkKoba »

REK claimed PR?>
retired
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5612 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5611, DkKoba wrote:REK claimed PR?>
No, they didn’t claim vt. That’s my point, Toog’s entire PoE save Sarah, consists of non vt claims. You are literally the only non-vt he trs.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5613 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 5612, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5611, DkKoba wrote:REK claimed PR?>
No, they didn’t claim vt. That’s my point, Toog’s entire PoE save Sarah, consists of non vt claims. You and Fey are literally the only non-vt he trs.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5614 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by Titus »

Hmmm Something to think about
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5615 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5600, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 5595, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 5543, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Everyone ISO Sherlock and Watson and give me 3 townreads and 3 scumreads solely based on that.
Going just off the iso I'll say:

Town: Olaf, Morning Tweet, Fey
Scum: Starcrossed, Pink Ball, War and Peace
IDK: Clidd
Krazy kept trying to push Saudade/PB and wanted him and REK gun checked.
Fair, I was looking at interactions around when pb replaced in from sherlock's side
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #5616 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

PoE
Morning Tweet
War and Peace
Starcrossed
KidAmn*
SaraharaS*
Red Eyed Knights*
Dunnstral ~Toogeloo
There is obviously just no way that all town has here is a vanilla cop and night skipper, plus Italiano’s role exists for a reason because it’s compulsive, it would hurt town more than scum.

I think W & P are more likely to be town based on Krazy initially wanting PB to be checked then agreeing on REK who is probably likely town based off of that because it read to me like Krazy was using the gunchecks to vig hunt, why else have W & P check PB right?

Like do we literally have a stronger invest in this game than W & P? So I think we can leash them to check whomever we want because if they ever claim a fake guilty they’re toast. Same with a fake inno but I really think Krazy was vig hunting by wanting PB check, which makes me lean town on REK since he was also strongly in favour of that.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #5617 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5616, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
PoE
Morning Tweet
War and Peace
Starcrossed
KidAmn*
SaraharaS*
Red Eyed Knights*
Dunnstral ~Toogeloo
There is obviously just no way that all town has here is a vanilla cop and night skipper, plus Italiano’s role exists for a reason because it’s compulsive, it would hurt town more than scum.

I think W & P are more likely to be town based on Krazy initially wanting PB to be checked then agreeing on REK who is probably likely town based off of that because it read to me like Krazy was using the gunchecks to vig hunt, why else have W & P check PB right?

Like do we literally have a stronger invest in this game than W & P? So I think we can leash them to check whomever we want because if they ever claim a fake guilty they’re toast. Same with a fake inno but I really think Krazy was vig hunting by wanting PB check, which makes me lean town on REK since he was also strongly in favour of that.
imma be real with u... theres PR inflation wifom setup spec and low PR count wifom, the vanillizer can very well be a strong role targeting a designated VT claim every night. its compulsive - not nonconsecutive.

regardless tho.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #5618 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i kinda just ignore PR claim stuff
retired
Starcrossed
Starcrossed
Goon
Starcrossed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5619 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:52 pm

Post by Starcrossed »

so both me and Kanna independently thought Tooges actually looks kind of townie from Krazy's ISO:

this is the most over the top example but there are so many posts effusively praising Toogey that we think it resembles Scum trying to buddy up/pocket a townie rather than a scum/scum relationship/moonlogic.

Also I am very swayed by Tooges fatalistic disregard for his own health, willing to die and "get it over with"

it is very similar to what I saw in Pooky vs FL when he was willing to jump on top of a super saint and blow himself up and Death Curse when he willingly took the first scroll.

I know a lot of people scumread Fatalism, but in the case of Toogey I believe it is geniune townie frustration seeping out.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5620 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:53 am

Post by Fey »

So what’s stopping a scum W+P from lying about who they checked again? We don’t have any claims from what I know that can validate that they’re doing what we say (and if it was a rule this game to have no investigatives scum are aware of this) and like, it’s easy for Sherlock to push something publicly for an investigative and in private W+P to just... not do it and vighunt like that.

I do get the point I guess about it being an investigative and like, the best we have maybe? I dunno. I’m just seeing another catch-up wall outdated by 100 pages that offers us nothing and feel my eye twitching.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5621 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:54 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5620, Fey wrote:(and if it was a rule this game to have no investigatives scum are aware of this)
Vanilla cop would have to be lying too
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5622 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:55 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5619, Starcrossed wrote:so both me and Kanna independently thought Tooges actually looks kind of townie from Krazy's ISO:

this is the most over the top example but there are so many posts effusively praising Toogey that we think it resembles Scum trying to buddy up/pocket a townie rather than a scum/scum relationship/moonlogic.

Also I am very swayed by Tooges fatalistic disregard for his own health, willing to die and "get it over with"

it is very similar to what I saw in Pooky vs FL when he was willing to jump on top of a super saint and blow himself up and Death Curse when he willingly took the first scroll.

I know a lot of people scumread Fatalism, but in the case of Toogey I believe it is geniune townie frustration seeping out.
I don't think it's fatalism, I think it's just... not doing anything. Either being lazy or hoping the wagon goes away
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5623 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:57 am

Post by Fey »

Meh. Could be no trackers/watchers/etc.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5624 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:01 am

Post by Fey »

W+P feels like it’s stuck in stasis because scum don’t want to defend the slot but also don’t wanna push on it and the people who are town/see it are already on there so it’s not gonna get any momentum...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”