Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Rage »

Megatheory wrote:Oh yes, I almost forgot. Jshark didn't post a whole lot and sometimes it felt like coasting when he did post. Rage2 should be looked at closer, IMO.
I think I'm a little more active than my predecessor, but that shouldn't stop anyone from being suspicious of me. I'd just like a little more reason than "Someone who flaked out of the game's replacement needs to be looked at because he didn't post much".. with 'flake' meaning something less harsh than what it sounds like.

Oh and I prefer Rage 2.0 (just kidding, it really doesn't matter)
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:23 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Your deadline will not be enacted until 7PM PST, so you have a while until the day ends still...
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:28 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Dean Harper wrote:
Your deadline will not be enacted until 7PM PST, so you have a while until the day ends still...
What happens at deadline? Majority lynch or no lynch if nobody has reached 6 votes?

If it's no lynch, someone needs to hammer FL before deadline, because no lynch would be awful.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:37 am

Post by Dean Harper »

yes, no lynch will happen, sorry i never really clarified that.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Someone hammer FL before 7PM PST. No lynch here would set us back so much.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:56 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Vote: forbiddanlight

Deadline is looming, and I don't see any other discussion coming. I believe I've already given my reasons for suspecting her, but let's start with the quick hammer on Day 1.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:17 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Good nuff. Had fun. Hope you guys figure things out with my flip. Go Town and all that.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Skillit
Skillit
Goon
Skillit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Skillit »

mega do you really want me to respond to 1008 and 9? i will do this in more detail if you want, but in short those are incredibly obvious questions if you read either of them in context, and there was no alvinz wagon at the time for me to not comment on, as it was just goat and alv. this is a point i have already addressed (why i didnt comment on it) and im not going to bother to do so again.
Think not those faithful who praise all thy words and actions; but those who kindly reprove thy faults.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Rage »

Unvote: Alvinz
Vote: Forbiddanlight

I'm much more suspicious of Alvinz, but a Forbiddanlight lynch gives more information than the so-called "unhelpful townie" lynch. Although, I want Alvinz to tell me if everything is quoted correctly so far, so I can continue it for tomorrow.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm much more suspicious of Alvinz, but a Forbiddanlight lynch gives more information than the so-called "unhelpful townie" lynch. Although, I want Alvinz to tell me if everything is quoted correctly so far, so I can continue it for tomorrow.
I was already hammered, but ok :).
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:02 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Let's just say you're at lynch plus one so it doesn't look like Rage's thought doesn't count ;)
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:15 am

Post by Dean Harper »

I am locking the thread until later tonight when i get home from practice, at which time i will update the lynch scene.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Twilight rapidly fell on the council, and they had not yet made a decision. Reluctantly, the Council of Eville voted amongst themselves to lynch Forbiddanlight. Slowly, and without protest - in fact, some would say she almost welcomed it - Forbiddanlight was lead to the gallows.

However, her death on the gallows was not meant to be. A single gunshot rang out in the gallows square. After some confusion, the council realized that Forbiddanlight had been shot squarely in the forehead. Someone had wanted her killed very badly... though none could be sure of exactly who had done it... As the council searched her body, they discovered Forbiddanlight had in fact been but a simple
Good Council Member

They nervously retreated to their sleeping quarters after dumping the body in wait of a long and restless night...

Forbiddanlight,

Good Council Member

has been lynched Day 2.

Night 2 starts now. All night actions are due to me by September 18th @ 7:00PM PST.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:48 am

Post by Dean Harper »

All night choices are in.

The sun rose on the town of Eville, and the council members slowly awoke from a restless night of fear. And they should have been afraid... The body of alvinz95 was found inside the council chamber, and after a quick search, the remaining council members found him to be but a simple
Good Council Member

As the council reconvened, after burying alvinz95, they did a member count. "Good," thought StrangerCoug, "All 8 are present..." He thought for a minute, and did another count. "Wait a minute! There should be 9 of us!" exclaimed SC. To the council's dismay, he was correct, and a trail of dried blood in the hallway led the council to the body of Megatheory,
Vigilante Council Member
. Two people were killed during the night...

alvinz95

Good Council Members

and

Megatheory

Vigilante Council Member

were killed Night 2.

Day 3 starts now.

If cerebus3 does not post before page 50, or i dont find a replacement before then, he will be modkilled.
Last edited by Dean Harper on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Vote Sthar8
FoS Veerus
FoS BridgesAndBalloons

I feel very confident about Sthar/Veerus being scum. BaB I'm slightly less sure on, but still would be my top 3rd choice.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Electra replaces cerebus3 (YAY!!!) effective immediately

Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Electra »

Hi kids. Just popping in to say hi.

42 pages, does that seem like a unnecessary number?

Will make another post when I'm done reading everything.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Ugh.

I'd say I'm sorry about the FL wagon, but I'm really not. Her play was atrocious, and a majority of her actions made absolutely no sense as town.

I am surprised that no one noticed what looked to me like a modslip confirming her. I tried to post pointing it out, but by the time I got back to the thread, she'd been hammered.

I'm going to reread looking at SC and cerb, as promised.

My view on alvinz-town is that he's proven that he had no logical reason to harbor the views that he held, and therefore is basically useless for any practical purpose.

Goat: I believe it's your move on the vote reasoning. My last post on the matter was here.

Electra: Welcome, and have fun on the read.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

sthar8 wrote:I am surprised that no one noticed what looked to me like a modslip confirming her. I tried to post pointing it out, but by the time I got back to the thread, she'd been hammered.
Do explain. Also, you noticed this but didn't point it out and then when you finally were going to she had already been hammered? Why would you not simply point it out immediately? I mean, with a deadline and all...

I also don't buy the "ugh, sorry about FL" bit. If you truly thought she was scum, then why would you feel remorse about lynching her?

Sthar, you've played a solid game, I'll grant you that. But to me, it's fairly obvious you are scum. You're strong logically, but have kept the door open on pretty much anyone (including myself). To me that suggests you are scum, because you certainly have the capability to narrow it down and figure out town tells and find scum, but you haven't been doing so.

Also, if either Sthar or Veerus gets lynched and is scum then I think the other is fairly clearly scum as well. They have pretty much ignored each other the entire extent of this game, except when Veerus stepped up to defend Sthar against my attack yesterday. BaB still strikes me as the most likely 3rd target here.

I'm hoping that with Alvinz getting killed we can focus on Sthar/Veerus and finally lynch scum. Also, assuming that was probably a vig shot that killed Alvinz, if we mislynch today, the vig
MUST
shoot tonight otherwise we lose. In other words, we're basically in Lylo.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

WOW... I dont know how to tell you all this but i made a big mistake in the lynch scene. Megatheory was a Vigilante Council Member, not a Good Council Member. I apologize for all the confusion my mistakes have caused in this game... It's my first modding of a game, and I feel like I'm botching it. Again, sorry for every mistake I have made...
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Rage »

Thousands upon thousands of Oops emoticons = Bad modding!

... just kidding

@Goatrevolt, I don't understand what exactly makes you certain that Sthra8 is scum. Leaving yourself open to suspect everyone else is both a scum and town tactic, because if you are scum, you can buss (bus?) your partner without drawing attention, and as town you have to be suspicious of everyone.

Also, Megatheory was someone that I didn't really touch on yesterday, so I'm disappointed I couldn't today, but perhaps that's a good thing, eh?

Moving on to today, however, I'd like to say that I have never been in a game that's LyLo. So, I say that the logical thing to do is to wait for everyone to check in, maybe state something from yesterday that they feel they want to bring up again, and then we start discussion and get opinions. That way, there's less of a chance that any players start to drop out of the discussion and the town can come to a consensus faster than what we did yesterday, which was draw out the day.

I'm going to read Megatheory's posts in isolation (and of course look to the game thread when necessary) and see if I can spot any hints or irregularities he may have hinted at that would be crucial to know, while everyone checks in.

@Goatrevolt, it's LyLo and the first thing you do is vote for someone? Come on, don't develop alvinz's tunnel-vision.
@Everyone, is there anything game-related that you want my opinion on? I think it's probable that nobody really has a read on me, since the players I replaced were not the most active members of this game, so I'd suggest making up your minds about me now before we get too involved in other discussion, and get things cleared up.

--
That ended up being a lot of things I wanted to say, so I apologize about any grammatical errors. Just hit me up a question if there's anything off-putting or I made a false interpretation somewhere.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Rage wrote:@Goatrevolt, I don't understand what exactly makes you certain that Sthra8 is scum. Leaving yourself open to suspect everyone else is both a scum and town tactic, because if you are scum, you can buss (bus?) your partner without drawing attention, and as town you have to be suspicious of everyone.
As town, yes, you can be suspicious of players, but you also have to write people off as town and narrow down the scum suspects. Actions such as saying he finds me town, but still tossing suspicion on me anyway are simply not pro-town and are very easy things to do as scum. When I play scum, I have to hold myself back from doing that exact thing, because it's really easy to do and fits the scum mindset perfectly. Scum don't want to write people off, because they want as many possible available mislynches as they can have. If Sthar is able to convince you that I'm town, then I'm no longer a possible mislynch. It's better for him as scum to say he thinks I'm town but toss on a bunch of suspicion and let the town do the dirty work for him.

It's difficult to explain exactly why Sthar is scum. Like I said, he's played a good game, but there are a couple of things he's done that just make me positive he's scum. Tunnel vision, perhaps, but we're at Lylo. At what point do we start tunneling in on scum? This game has honestly been frustrating for me. I was correct about both FL and Alvinz to no avail, and I feel very confident I'm correct in my scum suspicions, but because the scum have simply outplayed the town in this one it's tough to nail them. Point blank, the townies in this game have made more mistakes and played scummier than the scum. Take FL and Alvinz for example.

Something to think about: When I said I found FL town and pushed my case on Sthar instead, both Sthar and Veerus pushed to keep pressure on FL and get her lynched, and Veerus both tossed suspicion on me and defended Sthar at the same time. Other than that, the two have seriously not acknowledged the other's presence in this game at all. That's a perfect match for scum buddies right there.

The fact that Mega was the vig makes things tough because we have to lynch correctly today and don't have a vig shot tonight to rectify things if we mislynch.

Also, I feel that if there is a doctor or other role that prevented a kill that first night, they should claim and also claim the player they saved as it would confirm 2 players as pro-town and narrow down our search by a lot. What's the consensus on this?
Rage wrote:@Goatrevolt, it's LyLo and the first thing you do is vote for someone? Come on, don't develop alvinz's tunnel-vision.
I've looked at every player in this game and made my decision. What's the difference between tunnel vision and zeroing in on scum? I'm not going to be like Alvinz and just say screw it and not answer questions or read posts, and I'm open to hearing arguments.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

I have not read anything this day.

this weekend is going to be a good time to defend myself.

And why wasn't Goat NKed?
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

Also, I feel that if there is a doctor or other role that prevented a kill that first night, they should claim and also claim the player they saved as it would confirm 2 players as pro-town and narrow down our search by a lot. What's the consensus on this?
Bad idea.

As someone said before ( I think it was you?) it's possible vig did not killing night one. We might not have a docter.
And if we have a doctor, it's possible the doctor protected the vig kill, and so we would only have one confirmed (and not even).

Is this a slip? Do you just know that mafia's kill was protected Night one, and that there was a vig? That would make sense if you were the person who suggested the vig to kill alvinz.

someone with time:
who suggested that alvinz be vigged?
Skillit
Skillit
Goon
Skillit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by Skillit »

Goatrevolt wrote:Basically, i want to settle the issue of whether or not Alvinz is actually a neutral. If so, I don't have an issue lynching him, but my preferred method would be to wait it out a day and let someone vig him if we have a vig.
Im in the middle of a reread atm.
Think not those faithful who praise all thy words and actions; but those who kindly reprove thy faults.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”