Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Superb Subtlety »

Are you looking for another assistant IC or did you only need one?
Alisae and jjh927 do the hydra thing!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:53 am

Post by PenguinPower »

If you would like to provide your definition of crumb for the newbies I would gladly take you on as an assistant IC. There's never enough help.
<(") | (")>
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:59 am

I'm not particularly interested being your assistant myself; just thought I'd be friendly and ask

That being said;

A crumb is where you hide something in your posts, whether that be for particularly astute players to catch, or even for a specific player who might recognise it and understand something from it. Ultimately, however, a crumb is pretty much pointless if it is not something that could be visible to someone and lead them to the correct conclusion, like following a trail of breadcrumbs.

It can also be helpful to crumb results that will become apparent when people look for them following your death.
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:08 am

Like, I think crumbs like Korina's one are pretty pointless tbh. If it was a fakeclaim and scum!korina had decided against it, then nobody would have seen it. (Disclaimer: Korina probably isn't fakeclaiming)

Otherwise, I do like crumbs where it's possible to catch them. I think I can sometimes be very good at catching them. In terms of putting them out, though, I'm more of a softs kind of person, where I will soft excessively to build hype before claiming my full role and not really crumb at all.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:09 am

Post by PenguinPower »

thank you for your valuable assistance.
<(") | (")>
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:13 am

You know, the username for this account came from a sort of crumb
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

In post 1348, Raya36 wrote:
In post 1345, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1344, Raya36 wrote:
In post 1342, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1333, Raya36 wrote:
In post 1326, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1325, Raya36 wrote:How would I know that? The recent claims are suggesting you're scum with Fuzzy. And I highly doubt Fuzzy kept our neighborhood to himself. And your post made no sense. "What PT" it's in the claim in the post you quoted. "Why did I wait until now to mention this" why would I claim before having reason to?

Sounds to me you're fishing to see if there's more info about my role.
When did the neighbourize happen and why did I not hear about it before now? You can lie all you want but this is the first I’ve heard of it. I’m not “fishing” for anything other than why you’re lying about this?
What makes you think I'm lying?
You’re saying something I know for a fact isn’t true. You may or may not actually be lying but you’re still wrong.
What specifically do you think I'm lying about?
I’m saying that I don’t know for sure whether you’re lying or not but what you’re saying I 100% know is false. I had no knowledge of you neighbourizing TFL, until you literally posted that itt and you’re insisting the converse. I’m already getting run up. What possibly do you think I’d have to gain by lying about this?
I have no info telling me that you had knowledge of the neighborhood. I am saying this because the recent claims suggest that you're scum. Since Fuzzy was scum and knew about the neighborhood it is almost guaranteed that Fuzzy told his scumbuddies which seems to include you. I believe you're asking me those questions about my role to either appear uninformed and confused or to try to fish for more info from my role.

Me saying that you knew about our neighborhood is not me lying or claiming anything. I am simply stating that I strongly believe you're scum and know about the role from Fuzzy.
Well I did not know and you can keep spinning that bs until hell freezes over for all I care. You want to think I’m lying about this because why? You think anyone is seriously going to care that I didn’t know about the neighbourize and ignore the alleged guilty claim? :shifty:
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:54 am

In post 1349, Korina wrote:
In post 1343, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1336, Korina wrote:
In post 1258, mastina wrote:
In post 1188, Superb Subtlety wrote:Sorry Nancy, but it's actually a very plausible guilty and I'm still not sure of your alignment here
If you're town, just sit and hope there's an explanation someone is willing to give because nothing else can realistically be done
If nothing changes I can see myself voting you when I've had more time to use the day phase
Basically, this.

I am not 100% sure Smoke/Mirrors is town or scum.
But barring any other explanation. Lightning rod, rolestopper targeting Smoke/Mirrors, roleblocker targeting Mad Hatters Tea Party, alien targeting either S/M or MHTP, busdriver driving S/M with someone else, redirector. (Most of which if existing would probably be scum disinclined to claim their result.)
The mechanical guilty is not something we can ignore.

If nobody comes forward with an explanation for the failure, the possibilities are only, 1: scum caused the failure, or, 2: the failure was due to targeting scum and getting a guilty.

The possibility of the latter is too strong to ignore.

So I believe that Smoke/Mirrors should, 100%, be the elimination today because it's either a guilty or gives us information about the scum's PRs, confirming they have a Manipulation-category role. The former puts us in a position to possibly have a literally perfect town game with zero town deaths and three dead scum; the latter, while costing us the life of a town player, gives us a small cautionary tale and lets us know that scum have a method to interfere with our roles.

Given we're so early into the day--it feels premature to end the day on a Smoke and Mirrors elimination; we should give it time, let people post, get collected, all and all in general talk, discuss, get any info out that they feel they need to get out, air any suspicions they feel they need to give, etc. (Thus why I'm not voting right now.)

But Smoke and Mirrors absolutely
should
be the elimination here.
(Plus on a side note. They're one of the only slots who'd kill either me or Superb Subtlety N1. Other players could kill the Ali/jjh hydra, but Smoke/Mirrors is legit the only slot who I could see targeting either of us, honestly.)
Lightning rod isn’t possible, because unless I’m secretly strongwilled, I got TFL’s role PM as my feedback. If someone did interfere with S&M, they absolutely should claim they did so as well.
You got TFL’s role pm? What?
I’m a coroner. I check a dead player at night and receive their role PM, including any missing information. This information obviously doesn’t include things like other names in the PM or whatnot. Have you not read anything I’ve said?
Yes I obviously understand your role, I just misunderstood your post.

I was going to out something that I didn’t realize when I initially got my role pm but jjh correctly pointed out that it was too late and that no one would believe me anyway. And if no one will believe it, then outing it would only help scum, so no point.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:57 am

Post by jjh927 »

I welcome any more info you might be able to give, Nancy

While we can't necessarily believe it at face value, if you're town then any info might bring us closer to the truth
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:57 am

In post 1360, jjh927 wrote:I welcome any more info you might be able to give, Nancy

While we can't necessarily believe it at face value, if you're town then any info might bring us closer to the truth
oops
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1358, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 1325, Raya36 wrote:How would I know that? The recent claims are suggesting you're scum with Fuzzy. And I highly doubt Fuzzy kept our neighborhood to himself. And your post made no sense. "What PT" it's in the claim in the post you quoted. "Why did I wait until now to mention this" why would I claim before having reason to?

When did the neighbourize happen and why did I not hear about it before now? You can lie all you want but this is the first I’ve heard of it. I’m not “fishing” for anything other than why you’re lying about this?
You’re saying something I know for a fact isn’t true. You may or may not actually be lying but you’re still wrong.
I’m saying that I don’t know for sure whether you’re lying or not but what you’re saying I 100% know is false. I had no knowledge of you neighbourizing TFL, until you literally posted that itt and you’re insisting the converse. I’m already getting run up. What possibly do you think I’d have to gain by lying about this?
I have no info telling me that you had knowledge of the neighborhood. I am saying this because the recent claims suggest that you're scum. Since Fuzzy was scum and knew about the neighborhood it is almost guaranteed that Fuzzy told his scumbuddies which seems to include you. I believe you're asking me those questions about my role to either appear uninformed and confused or to try to fish for more info from my role.

Me saying that you knew about our neighborhood is not me lying or claiming anything. I am simply stating that I strongly believe you're scum and know about the role from Fuzzy.
Well I did not know and you can keep spinning that bs until hell freezes over for all I care. You want to think I’m lying about this because why? You think anyone is seriously going to care that I didn’t know about the neighbourize and ignore the alleged guilty claim? :shifty:
No which is why I think you're fishing
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:06 am

In post 1361, Superb Subtlety wrote:
In post 1360, jjh927 wrote:I welcome any more info you might be able to give, Nancy

oops
What part of my saying outing it would only help scum atp, did you miss? Had I read my role pm correctly from the beginning, I would 100% out it but if no one will believe it’s pointless. Look I obviously didn’t know about the stupid neighbourize and I’m even getting bs shaded for that, so wtf’s even the point?

Anyone who’s even remotely familiar with my meta knows I don’t do fake slips like ever and it’s extremely laughable that Raya is seriously suggesting that whether or not anyone believes that, it’s going to make an iota of a difference.

Like people are seriously going to say, it’s beyond obvious that Nancy’s telling the truth about the neighbourize based off of meta, let’s totally ignore the alleged guilty claim. lolololol
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:08 am

I might believe it
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:08 am

Does it explain the guilty or is it something else?
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:13 am

In post 1362, Raya36 wrote:
In post 1358, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

No which is why I think you're fishing

More people troll me please.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:16 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Open invitation?
<(") | (")>
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:19 am

In post 1364, Superb Subtlety wrote:I might believe it
You already said it was too late because I waited too long, so people will just say it’s convenient and I’m making shit up. I was really upset at first but I really think my miselim is more useful for town atp than keeping me in the game. So unless something gets posted that would otherwise clear me, there really is no point. :(
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:22 am

Why don't you say it anyway if it's the truth though

I am looking for a convenient truth
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:31 am

In post 1367, PenguinPower wrote:Open invitation?
Sure go for it, this is probably better than Kolawang anyway.

So we so far have two contenders:

MHTP for saying that according to them, prematurely ending my apparently antitown role hurts town

and 2:

Raya for inexplicably accusing me of rolefishing. Like she’s OOH claiming that I clearly knew about TFL’s neighbourize but then she’s also then not accusing me of saying that to derail my elim but lololol somehow try to “rolefish” her
. Like make up your mind ffs. Yoi either think I’m lying about the neighbourize or you don’t. If you think I’m actually lying about that, there’s absolutely nothing to rolefilsh. Only way that’s even possible is if I’m actually telling the truth because otherwise I’d presumably already know whatever the actual fuck she’s even talking about.

So @Penguin, let’s see if you can top that and you can win the first non-existent
LET’s HAVE FUN TROLLING NANCY PRIZE
. I believe in you dude. Let’s see you top that extremely stiff competition.

lmfaoooo
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:32 am

In post 1369, Superb Subtlety wrote:Why don't you say it anyway if it's the truth though

I am looking for a convenient truth
It will only help scum unless it get’s believed which it won’t so no point.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:33 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1370, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:So @Penguin, let’s see if you can top that and you can win the first non-existent LET’s HAVE FUN TROLLING NANCY PRIZE. I believe in you dude. Let’s see you top that extremely stiff competition.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:33 am

Post by PenguinPower »