Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:56 am

Post by Asteria »

In post 471, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 454, Asteria wrote:I didn't find anything particularly townie in the rest of their iso.
Please elaborate. I’m dying to see what kind of nonsense you come up with.
I don't really know how to elaborate on that. Nothing you did struck me as particularly towny or something scum couldn't/wouldn't do
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Asteria »

In post 485, osuka wrote:
In post 454, Asteria wrote:Save The Dragons - We have quite similar reads which makes me think he's town. Seems to be trying to hunt.
???
In post 454, Asteria wrote:Robert M Hunter - readslist feels ok. Also I'm apparently pointed and fearless so consider me pocketed.
?????
In post 454, Asteria wrote:Andante - The reaction to Robert was scummy. It was taken way too seriously which came off as trying to force a scumread. That said, I don't think scum purposefully makes themselves stand out like this. We do have the same insidious read which is a +1. Also hope the job interview went well.
????????????

do you just townread people who have the same reads as you? what the fuck? i can't think of a worse way to play the game

either you have no genuine reads whatsoever and you're just making shit up and going with it as you go, or it's just _that_ easy to pocket you and you're a liability. which one is it?
Save The Dragons and I have very similar reads overall which at least means, since I'm sharing those reads with a town mindset, that there's a good chance Dragons is too. I think that's fair for a D1 read. The +1 for sharing the insidious read for Andante was a weak point which is why they're still in my scumpool. We just had the exact same thoughts (which could easily come from scum, again, why they're still in my scumpool). The pocketing thing was a joke, I'm not actually pocketed. I did genuinely thing the readslist was ok though.
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Asteria »

In post 513, osuka wrote:
In post 510, Anya wrote:
In post 459, Robert M Hunter wrote:Dear Lemons,

Regarding osuka, I certainly have no reason to think they are scum at the moment, so they are a default town read. It's as simple as that. Like any default read, it is open to be revisited if I hear them squeak. In the meantime, I am enjoying their posts.

You could be right about Pawn, and I could be wrong. You may have a point with the part about "wanting to look confident but scared to overcommit."

I actually forget why I read VFB as town, but I iso'd everyone in alphabetical order so I read all his posts and made that conclusion. I am bit sleepy right now but I'll be glad to check again tomorrow.
i think this hunter is town for the last paragraph
why on earth does the last paragraph make him town?
Scum are often more likely to come up with a reason than admit to forgetting why
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

i don't follow the logic of basically anything Pawn is saying
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

idk if that's ai, it's just annoying because it's distracting and makes me want to pipe up and say "that's not how thinking works" but what a distraction
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Asteria »

In post 522, Andresvmb wrote:Like c’mon Asteria has apparently claimed that I was ignoring them when I didn’t respond to them because I literally wasn’t around this game. And they highlighted like my first post which was mostly a joke. There’s no real scum hunting there it’s just gibberish.
You posted plenty since I asked you that, so I would consider that ignored
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

toying the theory that pawn and andres thinking the whole thread revolves around them might be town ai.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:08 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Dragons has VPBaltar vibes so i'm going to say probably town
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Asteria »

In post 527, Anya wrote:so asteria wolfreads andres because he didn't get the rvs response joke

i don't think not getting jokes is wolfy and it feels like a flimsy reason to wolfread someone over - could be fabricated in a fabrics shop

VOTE: Asteria
I would like to point out I was responding to an rvs vote on myself with a joke about a N0 guilty on me. I was accused of escalating. I don't scumread Andres for not getting a joke. I scumread him for being overdefensive to a joke and turning it around on me as scummy
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 557, Green Crayons wrote:Dragons has VPBaltar vibes so i'm going to say probably town
what does that mean
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Asteria »

In post 530, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 29, Andresvmb wrote:VOTE: Asteria

I got a check N0 - this is Scum.

Hello all. I intend to try my best and fail to properly solve the game until it’s too late. That’s been the theme for me lately.

@Osuka, good to see you. Let’s try and work together this time, right?
This could be an attempt to come out of the gate loud and attention grabby. Not a huge point against him but it raises my hackles a little. Plus he's buddying up to you and continues to do so in later posts without knowing your alignment if town.
Thank you!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 559, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 557, Green Crayons wrote:Dragons has VPBaltar vibes so i'm going to say probably town
what does that mean
open, methodical, clear
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

see, e.g., your self eval of andres
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 549, Asteria wrote:
In post 468, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 395, Asteria wrote:@Andres, please tell me why you took that post so seriously:
Why are you stuck on an early post that doesn’t really mean much? So I mistakenly assumed a vote was more serious than it was, realized the error of my ways and moved on. What’s the big deal?
Big deal is you overreacted to it like you're overreacting to my questioning of it here
I’m not “overreacting” to your questioning. I’m dismissing it as irrelevant. You have decided that tunneling me is the right approach so you keep focusing on literally my first few posts and don’t want to re-evaluate based on anything else I’m saying. Thus, your argument is silly and worthy of ridicule, so I’m ridiculing it. Overreacting would be calling you sure Scum for making a bad argument. I’m not. I’m just suggesting you should move on because you look silly having (what seems to me) one strong SR based on posting around RVS.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 550, Asteria wrote:
In post 454, Asteria wrote:I didn't find anything particularly townie in the rest of their iso.
I don't really know how to elaborate on that. Nothing you did struck me as particularly towny or something scum couldn't/wouldn't do
And why is this even worth writing out? Just say gut. I would more happily accept gut than this irrefutable nonsense.
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by Anya »

personally i prefer irrefutable nonsense over gut
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Anya »

In post 558, Asteria wrote:
In post 527, Anya wrote:so asteria wolfreads andres because he didn't get the rvs response joke

i don't think not getting jokes is wolfy and it feels like a flimsy reason to wolfread someone over - could be fabricated in a fabrics shop

I would like to point out I was responding to an rvs vote on myself with a joke about a N0 guilty on me. I was accused of escalating. I don't scumread Andres for not getting a joke. I scumread him for being overdefensive to a joke and turning it around on me as scummy
he read more frustrated to me in that post though like when he said it was gonna be a long game of poker

i think that implies you could be town and it's gonna be hard for him to deal with you or something like that
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Asteria »

In post 563, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 549, Asteria wrote:
In post 468, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 395, Asteria wrote:@Andres, please tell me why you took that post so seriously:
Why are you stuck on an early post that doesn’t really mean much? So I mistakenly assumed a vote was more serious than it was, realized the error of my ways and moved on. What’s the big deal?
Big deal is you overreacted to it like you're overreacting to my questioning of it here
I’m not “overreacting” to your questioning. I’m dismissing it as irrelevant. You have decided that tunneling me is the right approach so you keep focusing on literally my first few posts and don’t want to re-evaluate based on anything else I’m saying. Thus, your argument is silly and worthy of ridicule, so I’m ridiculing it. Overreacting would be calling you sure Scum for making a bad argument. I’m not. I’m just suggesting you should move on because you look silly having (what seems to me) one strong SR based on posting around RVS.
RVS can be telling. I'd be happy to take another look into your iso tomorrow though. See if I can do a better job of finding AI stuff
In post 564, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 550, Asteria wrote:
And why is this even worth writing out? Just say gut. I would more happily accept gut than this irrefutable nonsense.
I wasn't going to ignore your question and I wasn't going to lie and say gut. Also looks to me like you decided my response would be nonsense before I even responded.
Asteria
Asteria
Goon
Asteria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Asteria »

In post 566, Anya wrote:
In post 558, Asteria wrote:

he read more frustrated to me in that post though like when he said it was gonna be a long game of poker

i think that implies you could be town and it's gonna be hard for him to deal with you or something like that
Maybe so but I took it as escalating on purpose and therefore scummy
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 515, Anya wrote:it makes him town because a wolf would just make up a reason and not actually have one from earlier while town might've had and forgotten one
oh yeah right because scum would never lie about conveniently forgetting that right

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by osuka »

did you just parrot back what andres said about that slot?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 529, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 528, Andresvmb wrote:Yeah that. It’s actually Robert who seems to be carrying me as Scum for my first post still.
This is salty enough for me to throw you in the town barrel. Well done, my friend!
what the fucK??????
In post 487, osuka wrote:this is amateu

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 530, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 498, osuka wrote:you’ve said something about getting nervous vibes and gut but not much else that i recall. do you have anything you can point at?
Let's see
In post 29, Andresvmb wrote:VOTE: Asteria

I got a check N0 - this is Scum.

Hello all. I intend to try my best and fail to properly solve the game until it’s too late. That’s been the theme for me lately.

@Osuka, good to see you. Let’s try and work together this time, right?
This could be an attempt to come out of the gate loud and attention grabby. Not a huge point against him but it raises my hackles a little. Plus he's buddying up to you and continues to do so in later posts without knowing your alignment if town.
In post 40, Andresvmb wrote: This is going to be a long game isn’t it?
This pings my scumdar. Can't really grasp why. More of a gut read.
In post 41, Andresvmb wrote:At least your reaction seems genuine. We can get it. In fact, we can go after that player that wants more votes on you to start if you want.
Again, why does he trust you so much?
In post 51, Andresvmb wrote:I’m not going to shy away from a fight if that’s what you want.
Confrontational. Like he's trying to stir shit up.
In post 171, Andresvmb wrote:I might have lured the Scum out though. That post seems like Scum who can’t decide which Towny is an easier push.
In post 182, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 121, Anya wrote: while Salsa on the other hand is clearly town for taking that push so personally from osuka so i would classify her as a city
Actually as much as it pains me to say it, I kind of agree with this.
Actually this may be a point for him he seems to genuinely update his read
In post 201, Andresvmb wrote:You know what I’ve learned from playing more than a few games around here? The Scum like to control the game state only when they absolutely have to (unless the Scum have a few really seasoned or skilled players, and there’s just not that many players like that out there). If they feel we’re closing in, then they start pushing back. Otherwise? They let the Town eat themselves. The easiest way to avoid that is by getting the harder players to read to either post or die.
Okay I like this
In post 238, Andresvmb wrote:If only I could care as little about helping as this player does. My life would be filled with far less stress.
This is kind of look at me i'm totally town guys
In post 344, Andresvmb wrote:@Green Crayons can you post? What’s going on? You actually tried to stay somewhat involved as Scum last time we played and revealed your alignment somewhat quickly in my eyes. Are you trying to avoid that here?
I mentioned I didn't like this but didn't say why. Again a lot of gut based on tone, but it just seems disingenuous as a way to build a relationship rather than legitimately curious.

Could I be wrong? Sure. Maybe I need to calibrate my read for his playstyle. Or maybe my gut has caught scum. Who knows?
i dont think your view is unreasonable but i do disagree with a lot that was said here and you might want to reevaluate it in light of the last game andres and i played together in. ill try to find the link for you, one sec

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by osuka »

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 533, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 486, osuka wrote:you default to townreading people? what the fuck???
I will not argue against the wisdom of the legal system; it's "innocent until proven guilty" for good reasons.
In post 571, osuka wrote:
In post 487, osuka wrote:this is amateur hour
let's see how many times i have to quote that over the course of the game

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”