Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

In post 174, Bingle wrote: Bambi doesn't play mafia as town or scum. Bambi plays mafia as a survivor. To Bambi, the win condition is to stay alive til endgame. Bambi also should know that I'm working on pocketing her atm, because if she's at least being noncombative I have the room needed to work to solve the game. Honestly, I don't give a fuck if we're limmed if I can leave a roadmap to victory behind.
I play better nowadays but it's true I usually play with the intent of staying alive till endgame because the game is more fun to me too play if I'm alive in it. Who knew right?

Also yeah that's why I'm being non combative. Plus I just need your vote with Vex and the 2 VTs to vote out the Anastasia pair if we find out they're the evil party. Ration's cooperation there is not imperitive.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:18 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 175, Bambi Jay wrote:
In post 174, Bingle wrote: ?

Also yeah that's why I'm being non combative.
Plus I just need your vote with Vex and the 2 VTs to vote out the Anastasia pair if we find out they're the evil party.
Ration's cooperation there is not imperitive.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Better hope hard

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Why has the game been open for a few hours and we are in 1v1 mode where all parties are avoiding the other half of the game? Granted its been the quieter half for the most part... but just as important. Even if we get right lover pair we still need the VT fake out.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/it

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 146, LlamaFluff wrote:I actually dont mind TB entry. I can see an argument against claim, but it mostly seems futile. I think even if scum he theoretically believes he is right that a claim is bad (or at least not optimal). Very much so not a tell.

Need to check one other thing... hold on.
its not so much the anti-claim thing. i understand t-bone's point on that and i'm fine with it, honestly.
it's mostly the "i think you're town, but this is a weird thing to do as town" that's currently bothering me
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee
"The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." ~ Carl Sagan

#CultsArentBastard
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:23 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

6 voices are louder then 3. Plus I already went into today with the mindset of killing the other Pairs. So yeah this game really does start like 2 separate 2v1 games together. We just decided to focus on the Lovers and since we're the majority you guys just follow us I guess.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 173, LlamaFluff wrote:Yep. I think that VV-Bambi either noticed and prepared for it, or are town. I think the only other VT claim who would have noticed that it was missing is Tbone. So Klick-Scum to me means VV-Bambi town nearly to a point I would put the game on it. Because that is some amazing foresight to otherwise come up with what they did. But im out of touch over who is on top of stuff to not only realize they are missing a PT, but also not correct the mod and then fake a conversation.
I doubt that T-Bone would have noticed a missing lover PT for his partners were he mafia FWIW. The site as a whole has moved away from that kind of PM based reasoning fairly consistently to the point where I think only two players in 80 some noticed a similar modslip in Team mafia recently (Murdercat and myself). Kori might, he's pretty careful at setup reading and mechanically inclined, but I don't think anyone else in the list picks up on that.
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 152, RationalMadman wrote:We aren't friends here, one of our pairs directly wants the others to lose. Stop this act. I don't respect any of you less than any other. You're all trash and all amazing in your own ways, I focus on tells and indication of scum. If I think you're scum, I'll vote a d encourage others to. Idc if I reapect your lover partner like a god, I vote you.

Bambi is trying to seem inquisitive and understanding but if you properly analyse it, it's just positioning the pair of Vex and Bambi perfectly so both lover pairs Ana vs Rational can get voted off.

I have excellent grammar in real life. I rush to type on a smartphone at times here, I also like it as it forces people to read what I'm saying a little harder while deciphering it.
1) why is pushing someone who appears to be scummy wanting the others to lose? isn't that the entire point of mafia? to find the scum and push them? yes, obviously not all town will be perfectly townie, and not all scum will be scummy. but trying to push a scumread isn't gamethrowing like you're equating.
2) i really don't like all the spelling errors, because that means i have to take more time to actually figure out what you're saying. no offense to you, but if i'm spending a significant part of my time while reading the game simply trying to figure out what you're saying, i'm going to want to policy yeet you *just* so i don't have to read your stuff.
"I preach darkness. I don't inspire hope—only shadows. It's up to you to find the light in my words." ~ Charles Lee

#CultsArentBastard
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 178, LlamaFluff wrote:Why has the game been open for a few hours and we are in 1v1 mode where all parties are avoiding the other half of the game? Granted its been the quieter half for the most part... but just as important. Even if we get right lover pair we still need the VT fake out.
I mean... I think one player is in 1v1 mode. I'm actively attempting to solve two slots, one in each pool, and passively attempting to solve the other lover pair by PoE.

RM is just a very loud and aggressive dude, which suits me just fine actually because his presence in the game is going to be enough to keep people on tilt and readable.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

I'm having fun tilting him as well so I'll keep posting as well. Dunno if Tbone and the other guy are ready for him when they come back tho.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Also just as fyi stuff... Wednesday (family commitment) and Thursday (podcast commitment) I am probably not going to be that active, even moreso when impending "return to office" happens in coming months. Bad part about being one of the old people in the game, not easy to play from phone at desk.
Bambi Jay wrote:6 voices are louder then 3. Plus I already went into today with the mindset of killing the other Pairs. So yeah this game really does start like 2 separate 2v1 games together. We just decided to focus on the Lovers and since we're the majority you guys just follow us I guess.
Seems reckless. D1 best move is still probably just scummiest player. If we hit scum lovers best bet, but would take goon over town lover pair. Massclaim is to get pre-game talk + try and mesh a scum/town pair vs neutral read a bit better. Plus being told my vote doesnt matter isnt something I want to hear.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

It does matter tho. We can't kill each other without atleast 1 VT voting with us unless a lover team self votes. It's just... Hypothetically Llama if me and Vex said "we aren't voting VTs today period lovers only" then that's 2 outta 9 votes only on lovers. Adding Ration atm we have him tunneling us so that's 3 votes of 9.

When the majority of the people want to solve one part of the game first that's what we solve. But yeah if the Goon makes themselves too obvious we'll vote there. Deal?
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

In post 170, Bingle wrote:
In post 167, RationalMadman wrote:If you think Bingle and me are Town this is useful to disarm us as you're trying to create rapport with Bingle after failing to with me.
Both VV and Bambi know better than to try to pocket me. :lol:
this is true.
In post 174, Bingle wrote:Oh, I know exactly what they're doing. They're pivoting into a position to be able to use the people experienced in reading them to stay alive.

Bambi doesn't play mafia as town or scum. Bambi plays mafia as a survivor. To Bambi, the win condition is to stay alive til endgame. Bambi also should know that I'm working on pocketing her atm, because if she's at least being noncombative I have the room needed to work to solve the game. Honestly, I don't give a fuck if we're limmed if I can leave a roadmap to victory behind.

Vex is the one that's going to end up being more readable out of that pair, especially since he's on his tryhard account. There's also another angleshooty reason to townread them based on their tl;dr, but I don't know if I want to out it just yet.
jingle, i don't like the first part of this post, even though the part about me is actually true.
In post 183, Bingle wrote:
In post 178, LlamaFluff wrote:Why has the game been open for a few hours and we are in 1v1 mode where all parties are avoiding the other half of the game? Granted its been the quieter half for the most part... but just as important. Even if we get right lover pair we still need the VT fake out.
I mean... I think one player is in 1v1 mode. I'm actively attempting to solve two slots, one in each pool, and passively attempting to solve the other lover pair by PoE.

RM is just a very loud and aggressive dude, which suits me just fine actually because his presence in the game is going to be enough to keep people on tilt and readable.
jingle did you roll scum? i really hope you didn't. :c
i'm getting the feeling you're scum here and you/third partner told rm to play very loudly and aggressively. i remember the last game we played together was cultd3, and i wanted you dead d1 because i thought you were scum. this game i'm not feeling the same way, and it's making me think you rolled scum.

#CultsArentBastard
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 7:25 pm

Post by Bingle »

So... I think it's fairly obvious that LF thinks he found a setup exploit. Regardless of whether he did or not, do you think he shares the setup exploit as scum?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 7:31 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 182, Vex Vience wrote:
In post 152, RationalMadman wrote:We aren't friends here, one of our pairs directly wants the others to lose. Stop this act. I don't respect any of you less than any other. You're all trash and all amazing in your own ways, I focus on tells and indication of scum. If I think you're scum, I'll vote a d encourage others to. Idc if I reapect your lover partner like a god, I vote you.

Bambi is trying to seem inquisitive and understanding but if you properly analyse it, it's just positioning the pair of Vex and Bambi perfectly so both lover pairs Ana vs Rational can get voted off.

I have excellent grammar in real life. I rush to type on a smartphone at times here, I also like it as it forces people to read what I'm saying a little harder while deciphering it.
1) why is pushing someone who appears to be scummy wanting the others to lose? isn't that the entire point of mafia? to find the scum and push them? yes, obviously not all town will be perfectly townie, and not all scum will be scummy. but trying to push a scumread isn't gamethrowing like you're equating.
2) i really don't like all the spelling errors, because that means i have to take more time to actually figure out what you're saying. no offense to you, but if i'm spending a significant part of my time while reading the game simply trying to figure out what you're saying, i'm going to want to policy yeet you *just* so i don't have to read your stuff.
Yoy didn't push me, you played the middle and still are. Anastasia pushed me even after I said I was willing to go down, meaning it probably does add up that her read was genuine and she was ready to hard-gamble on it. Also Anastasia's responses were solely designed towards further getting others to scumread me which is Towny tunneling, not scummy tunneling as she knew very well if I flip Town how it looks on her. I also like that she did all this without her lover partner being around or backing her up, it is a very Towny dynamic where the Lover pair are running on independent initatives whereas you and Bambi seem artificially united in all ways.

Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

it's page eight. your lover hasn't chimed in that much.
about half of the players haven't even said anything yet.
please explain to me in what world does me pushing a scumread this early makes any sense.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

the half part is probably incorrect, but a good number haven't said enough/anything for me to meaningfully remember their presence thus far, so they haven't said anything yet to me.

#CultsArentBastard
Vex Vience
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Vex Vience
they/it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 7:47 pm

Post by Vex Vience »

i think you're scum. i'm not pushing you because it's way too early for me to do so. i want everyone to post, and weigh in on this before i actually commit to pushing you. i also want to talk to your lover, because talking to you is about as productive as talking to a brick wall.
i will gladly provide a full case on why i think you're scum later in the day after we have more time to discuss things, and when i'm not about to sleep.

#CultsArentBastard
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 192, Vex Vience wrote:i think you're scum. i'm not pushing you because it's way too early for me to do so. i want everyone to post, and weigh in on this before i actually commit to pushing you. i also want to talk to your lover, because talking to you is about as productive as talking to a brick wall.
i will gladly provide a full case on why i think you're scum later in the day after we have more time to discuss things, and when i'm not about to sleep.
You think it now, give the case right now, no time to make shit up or use later information.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 190, Vex Vience wrote:it's page eight. your lover hasn't chimed in that much.
about half of the players haven't even said anything yet.
please explain to me in what world does me pushing a scumread this early makes any sense.
You don't have any read on me, you're just grasping at straws.

Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 8:43 pm

Post by Bambi Jay »

Sleepy time. He'll post more when he's awake and I'm off to bed again. So uh... Yell into the void I guess until then.

Gnight folks.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 10:57 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Lovers

Town

RM and Bingle (of course)
Anastasia and Kerset

Both have displayed signs of having independent agendas without seeking approval and synergy with the partner within the pairings (lacking live day-chat and wanting badly to scumhunt from the get-go results in this) as well as dedication to voting off a scumread that entails willingness to be voted off first or afterwards.

Scum

Vex Vience and Bambi Jay

Too much to name even,

Generic posts full of fluff to seem Towny, proudly proclaiming oneself to be a passionately mechanical player in a setup that involves almost 0% mechanics... The only time I ask a mechanical question, expresses annoyance at me asking it since it is apparently too easy to decipher from the PM (which left it open to interpretation). This could be Towny on its own however... Since then, played both sides the millisecond it appeared as an opportunity, and operate as a pair throughout.

Bambi appears less sure of who is scum than Vex but both blatantly are playing both sides between the Lover pairs, Vex is only claiming to scumread me because it's convenient to claim and agreed with Anastasia while leaving full blame on Ana for the elimination when and if it occured, Vex also didn't dedicate with a vote despite claiming to have a read on me as scum and still passionately claims to have it with secret reasoning that is too precious to rush to release...

Junk, fluff, obfuscation... You come with what you want as a term, the posts are full of it.

Lone/Solo

All three Null but T-bone very strange and forced interaction early on followed by nothing.

Llamafluff has successfully positioned into being an active and therefore blatantly default-towniest player but keeps trying to overplay this position, encouraging the entire game to switch dynamics and focus on the solo vanillas while knowing full well that the other 2 haven't towntold at all (Klick hasn't even posted yet).

Kerset and Klick both must post for us to sufficiently read but at the moment I would say that it's actually more certain of an elimination in the Lovers than the vanillas so I don't get the complaint from Llama, however that is because I know my pair is Town and have a strong read on which of the other two isn't.

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 12:11 am

Post by Klick »

Hi yes I'm a VT and I've read like 2 pages of this
I'll read the rest in a couple of hours or so
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:31 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 52, Anastasia wrote:My lover is the Sweet and Dashing Kerset.
confirm <3
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2021 1:33 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 196, RationalMadman wrote:Anastasia and Kerset

Both have displayed signs of having independent agendas without seeking approval and synergy with the partner within the pairings (lacking live day-chat and wanting badly to scumhunt from the get-go results in this) as well as dedication to voting off a scumread that entails willingness to be voted off first or afterwards.
Did you just judge my synergy with Ana, before my appearance?
giv me pagetop :(

Return to “Completed Open Games”