Micro 1010: Divide and Conquer: Round 2 - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:16 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

Jingle taking it seriously is weird if he's read a lot of my games
The source of the meta read isn't relevant and there's a lot of stuff that its jokey. I don't remotely understand how your mind went to 'it must have been one of those people' instead of a more reasonable assumption like
- own experience
- made up
- hectic said it
Again, why did you assume it had to be someone in the list and specifically FL. I don't get any of your mindset here

Although I've realized my priors are messed up because I'm not factoring in prior probability of scum. Norway is my most improved over base rate town which probably does even out to less town than some other people, but still leaves me with no intention of voting them especially not in this situation
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 324, Hopkirk wrote:Why are you using the term 'lied' here?
Lie.
verb.

to express an inaccurate or false statement

In post 19, Hopkirk wrote:Kanna, Flavor Leaf, A50, Flopz, and Isis have all brought it up at different points
In post 301, Hopkirk wrote: it's fairly obvious i haven't talked to those 5 people (including Flopz) about norway's meta
In post 307, Hopkirk wrote: 'so nobody said that and hopkirk is making it up'
From what I gathered, you made it up to get a reaction from Norwee, which you could have done from either alignment, but my word choice seems accurate regardless of your intent.

So I believe you made it up with the purpose of eliciting a reaction to Norwee. Am I wrong, or do you just object with the word lie?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 270, Lukewarm wrote:So they thing I was thinking about, is that imo, the scum team would have put the scum they felt could comfortable dodge a day 1 elim into the 6p neighborhood, because that is an instant lose condition. This is Marci's first game outside of the Newbie cue, and there are 3 people in this game that just saw her scum game. It just seems like a needlessly dangerous choice to put scum!marci into the 6P team.

Norwee and Bingle both have played in this set up before, and would be aware of that danger, and both started the game by pushing for a vote in the 6P pool. Not_Mafia on the other hand, came in pushing for the Day 1 elim to be in the 3P pool, so there is a chance that he thought the better Day 1 elim dodger should go in the 3P pool if he expected town to start there. But then he just agreed with the growing suspicion on Marci.
The validity of this probably depends on how well Marci did as scum in that game, if Marci did worse than average or at least was not confident this is likely a good reason to townread Marci.

Thoughts from people who played in the scumMarci game?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:40 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 293, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Can everyone in the 6p hood share their read on Marcistar too? Because N_M and Bingle’s reads on her are 50/50 contaminated from my POV.
Outside of what lukewarm said, scummy, I don't like the fact that she is very willing to comment on anything to do with her but basically nothing about anyone else or the rest of the game.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:49 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

I got nothing at all out of the bingle/hopkirk exchange
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:53 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't know what to think about 315-320 from Lukewarm, other than thinking that Luke had a lot to say about it
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 8:58 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

You mean the stuff about Marci, right?

I feel like it's pretty likely that if lukewarm joined this game to encourage Marci to step out of the newbie queue (which I have no reason at all to doubt) then he's probably going to be buddying up with her as any combination of alignments. Was going to say it didn't feel like a S/S interaction from them before I remembered that isn't possible anyway.

I have a mild scum read on the defensiveness of the first paragraph of 317.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:16 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

Lied has connotations that make it sound like it's done with negative or sinister intent. Nothing mala fide about that. You can see from NM's post right afterwards that they got what I was going for.
I said it pretty much because 'memeing is fun' more than any kind of reaction testing.

my vote on lukewarm is still there by choice btw
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:17 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

lukewarm would you feel bad about buddying Marci really hard if you were scum (and your betrayal tore her heart apart etc)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 327, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 270, Lukewarm wrote:So they thing I was thinking about, is that imo, the scum team would have put the scum they felt could comfortable dodge a day 1 elim into the 6p neighborhood, because that is an instant lose condition. This is Marci's first game outside of the Newbie cue, and there are 3 people in this game that just saw her scum game. It just seems like a needlessly dangerous choice to put scum!marci into the 6P team.

Norwee and Bingle both have played in this set up before, and would be aware of that danger, and both started the game by pushing for a vote in the 6P pool. Not_Mafia on the other hand, came in pushing for the Day 1 elim to be in the 3P pool, so there is a chance that he thought the better Day 1 elim dodger should go in the 3P pool if he expected town to start there. But then he just agreed with the growing suspicion on Marci.
The validity of this probably depends on how well Marci did as scum in that game, if Marci did worse than average or at least was not confident this is likely a good reason to townread Marci.

Personally, I think Marci did a great job, but she does not seem confident in her ability as scum. Like I read through her Mafia Chat post game, and she is constantly apologizing to her partner(s) about not being any good. Calling herself "the worst scum ever" and saying that if they lose it will be all her fault. And there were messages like this throughout the entire game, and her partner(s) constantly assuring her she is doing great.

In conclusion, she is way better then she thinks, but I don't think she would put herself in a position to potentially auto-lose for her team.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:31 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 333, Hopkirk wrote:lukewarm would you feel bad about buddying Marci really hard if you were scum (and your betrayal tore her heart apart etc)
What a question lol

Maybe? A little?

But I don't think I would feel too bad about trying to win for my team. I mean in our last game, where she was scum, that is exactly what she did to Meuh, so I think she would understand.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:32 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

i TR Marci now btw. if you ask me why then i'm going to claim prophetic dreams, but there's better reasons
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:33 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 334, Lukewarm wrote:

Personally, I think Marci did a great job, but she does not seem confident in her ability as scum. Like I read through her Mafia Chat post game, and she is constantly apologizing to her partner(s) about not being any good. Calling herself "the worst scum ever" and saying that if they lose it will be all her fault. And there were messages like this throughout the entire game, and her partner(s) constantly assuring her she is doing great.

In conclusion, she is way better then she thinks, but I don't think she would put herself in a position to potentially auto-lose for her team.
Marci, don't be mad about me pointing out your mafia chat messages, I am trying to save you :oops: :oops:
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:36 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 334, Lukewarm wrote:

Ok, this is good enough for me
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:37 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Okay, if we are all going to start town reading Marci, can we talk about how weird it is that Norwee would push her here?

Like he has the added benefit of having seen her play, so there is no "she uses emojis, so I can't trust her" - which is 100% something people have scumread her for lol
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:38 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Idk, I'm still happy voting bingle for what was a pretty weird analysis of Dunn's post
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:39 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 339, Lukewarm wrote:Okay, if we are all going to start town reading Marci, can we talk about how weird it is that Norwee would push her here?

Like he has the added benefit of having seen her play, so there is no "she uses emojis, so I can't trust her" - which is 100% something people have scumread her for lol
Do you think she's obviously different from last game?

Because that's the thing that would make it weird, I also think she sounds scummy so I don't mind it
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:39 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Hop, why do you think Marci's town?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:42 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

i had a prophetic dream
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:46 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

also these posts feel less likely to come from someone who's nervous/apologizing for not being good as scum
i'll flick through the scum iso eventually to see if similar approach comes up
In post 25, marcistar wrote:
In post 22, NorwegianboyEE wrote:But whatever i think we should eliminate in the 6P hood. Because then we can win in day 1 just like the last time Divide and Conquered was hosted.
ur scum :roll:

but srsly tho, i agree.
In post 159, marcistar wrote:
In post 147, Vanderscamp wrote:I also think n_m is the scummiest person in the small pool so far for a pretty similar reason, I'm pretty sure he's posted more times so far this game than in the entire game we just played together, and if I thought he was tabled from contention today I would be very far from kind of glad about it.
In post 150, Vanderscamp wrote:I have lukewarm leaning scum and Norwegian leaning town.
do u have any fresh takes :?
In post 189, marcistar wrote:
In post 179, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh and Marcistar. Can you make your current reads known?
i think luke and guiltylions is townies :?

unsure about everyone else really,
vanderscamps the person who has the worst vibes rn imo.
as well, hopkirk does have weird vibes as well, but it doesnt really seem like scummy weird vibes yet.

i'm not really sure of playstyles here, but dunnstral i dont remember alot from :? so he sticks out a bit.
In post 197, marcistar wrote:
In post 196, NorwegianboyEE wrote:The fight is proving you’re townier than the rest of the slots.
what if i promise im town :mrgreen:

do u have any reasons or is it actually just a process of elimination smhsmh
last one unrelated to confidence but still marginally +town
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:48 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 341, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 339, Lukewarm wrote:Okay, if we are all going to start town reading Marci, can we talk about how weird it is that Norwee would push her here?

Do you think she's obviously different from last game?

Because that's the thing that would make it weird, I also think she sounds scummy so I don't mind it
Imo, she was a lot more active and asking more questions. I get the feeling that she feels a lot of pressure as scum to "not let her partner down", so tries a lot harder in that role. In our last game, she was TR by almost everyone pretty early in Day 1

Norwee had her as his #1 town read as of post 67, and he kept her as a town read even when he was sitting in the Ghost Chat. And post game said
In post 1111, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Sorry everyone, my reads were awful this game. I usually am not that bad, but Marcistar's style is one that just didn't ping me as scummy at all... Well played to them.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:50 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

lukewarm's TR is also another reason i TR her
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 9:51 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 250, Not_Mafia wrote:This definitely seems like scum Marci from the newbie game
But I also don't udnerstand this coming from Not_Mafia, because he was also in that game.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think the best argument for Marci not being scum here is that i’m not sure they would be put in the 6p hood in most team combination.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

But by play they’re not really town.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”