Micro 1009: Would You Like To Be My Neighbor? [Game Over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:16 am

Post by Emily »

In post 1394, Hopkirk wrote:i've tried pocketing Loki before and it didn't work. idk why anyone would think 'Hop is going to bet the game on it working this time when it didn't before'.
this is just wifom
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:17 am

Post by Emily »

In post 1394, Hopkirk wrote:i clearly voted Flow because i agreed with Loki's casing.
you were dedicated to your loki pocket and you thought it would win you the game, that's why you let loki guide you to the flow elim and why loki is still alive at the endgame
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Emily »

In post 1394, Hopkirk wrote:if it was me + Flow then i'd have tried to talk Loki into voting Mo then killed Loki at night.
how would you be able to talk loki out of pushing on flow when flow has no townreadable content?
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Emily »

@Loki

If you look at the progressions that Hopkirk/Me made on Flow Trap, look at which one makes more sense from a town perspective and which one makes more sense from a scum perspective.

When I rep'd in, I asked Flow Trap for his reads, the reads he gave me were pretty awful and I felt he had just made them up on the spot. That's why I ended up hammering him.

Look at Hopkirk's progression. He's essentially using the Flowtrap Elimination to pocket you, once you decide flow has to go, Hopkirk follows along because he knows he can get towncred for following you and then cruise into the endgame.

One of these makes sense as the bussing scum, one of them does not.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:24 am

Post by Emily »

I would imagine that you are already pretty heavily pocketed even before the flow trap flip since I asked you about your read on Hopkirk and you essentially said you trust him completely.

Flow Trap flipping red will only cement this townread you hold of him and allow him to cruise past F5 into F3 where if the pocket holds he should win.

He is banking on you never re-considering your read of him.

Given that information, who is more likely to bus flow trap there,

Hopkirk who has a clear path into F3 riding with you pocketed, or me who has just rep'd into the game and barely knows what's going on?

Think about who had more to gain and who has a clear path to winning.

Re-read your hood thread, was it Hopkirk who brought up killing Flow Trap, or did you bring it up and he just nodded along and agreed in order to get on your good side?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:30 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1397, Emily wrote:
In post 1395, Hopkirk wrote:you mean the one i said i'd revist there, talking about with Loki, and flipped to scum on? that's not an 'optimal' place for a scumpartner

i don't have 3 scumreads there in a 2 scumgame btw, i have 2 because 2 of the people in scum were in a hood and couldn't be scum together like i said
if you scumread 2 people in a hood you're basically wanting to elim one, and when it flips town, elim the other.

Your readslist puts your partner above null while putting 5 townies in null/scumread.

Even a player randomly throwing darts at a board would be able to hit at least 1 scum in 5 guesses, the fact you didn't is pretty shady.
idk why you're trying to convince Loki with something that assumes you're town since if Loki holds the view that's required for this to make sense then they wouldn't need the logic because they'd have already decided

i reconsiders Vanders. i didn't push him post flip so this assessment of my motivation doesn't hold
In post 1398, Emily wrote:
In post 1396, Hopkirk wrote:'explain why you townread' when the post literally says 'i can't remember why i liked them and plan to look back at them' and subsequently DID and moved it down to scum??? stop trying to rewrite history

didn't have any partners in that zone in my most recent scumgame either btw. i had 2 in the scumpool and 1 as a top townread so doesn't feel like you're even trying to make that fit
so the read was made up and when you couldn't find any way to back it up you reversed on the read and bussed them.
i could have justified a vote on Mo over Flow fairly easily. i didn't because i was more convinced by scum!flow
In post 1399, Emily wrote:
In post 1394, Hopkirk wrote:i'd know Pooky NEVER busses because he defended a partner d1? that doesn't follow unless i've read a ton of pooky games
no I said you were being dishonest about what happened in the game.

You said Pooky bussed Morning Tweet but neglected to mention it was because of a mech-guilty result on her slot.

From just reading Day 1 in that game where Pooky doesn't bus Spring Breeze but chooses to defend her harder as she is inevitably going down, you would know he doesn't believe bussing makes sense as a viable scum strategy.
except i know that Loki has read that game closely so i'm not going to try and actively misrep it
you said pooky never busses
this is a scenario where scum subbing in to a definite wagon being pushed by multiple UTRs and you panic hammered
In post 1401, Emily wrote:
In post 1394, Hopkirk wrote:i clearly voted Flow because i agreed with Loki's casing.
you were dedicated to your loki pocket and you thought it would win you the game, that's why you let loki guide you to the flow elim and why loki is still alive at the endgame
In post 1402, Emily wrote:
In post 1394, Hopkirk wrote:if it was me + Flow then i'd have tried to talk Loki into voting Mo then killed Loki at night.
how would you be able to talk loki out of pushing on flow when flow has no townreadable content?
other people had bad content. i could have talked loki into Mo first if i was confident on it and i could clearly have scumcased Mo so this doesn't make any sense as a tactic
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

loki is still alive at endgame because Vanders said repeatedly in their last posts they would 100% always vote you and you couldn't take that into lylo. it's not as complicated/wifomy as you're trying to present it. if i was scum i'd always kill Loki here
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:33 am

Post by Emily »

why would you kill the person you have 100% pocketed and says they treat you as a mason?
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:34 am

Post by Emily »

In post 1405, Hopkirk wrote:other people had bad content. i could have talked loki into Mo first if i was confident on it and i could clearly have scumcased Mo so this doesn't make any sense as a tactic
you wanted to maintain the pocket so you went along with him in voting flow.

this sequence is much better than if you defend flow and divert to mo

you'll get the mo mis-elim on d3 anyway since mo defended flow in a really dumb way
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:36 am

Post by Emily »

In post 1405, Hopkirk wrote:except i know that Loki has read that game closely so i'm not going to try and actively misrep it
you said pooky never busses
this is a scenario where scum subbing in to a definite wagon being pushed by multiple UTRs and you panic hammered

How does it make sense to panic hammer?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:36 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Because I've seen Loki re-evaluate in every lylo and would be aware they would here
Vs Vanders who hard SR you and would have likely factored in Loki's hard TR of me
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

If you hadn't hammered you would have been voted when Mo was. You panicked because you saw multiple obvtown, me and Loki, not planning to move and clearly recognised you had to do something to get TR
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:57 am

Post by Emily »

In post 1410, Hopkirk wrote:Because I've seen Loki re-evaluate in every lylo and would be aware they would here
Vs Vanders who hard SR you and would have likely factored in Loki's hard TR of me
you think Vanders would not re-eval if he wakes up alive on D4 knowing he had been raving about voting me?

Seems quite unbelievable to me.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Emily »

In post 1411, Hopkirk wrote:If you hadn't hammered you would have been voted when Mo was. You panicked because you saw multiple obvtown, me and Loki, not planning to move and clearly recognised you had to do something to get TR
You think quickhammering was the best way to get towncred for myself?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2021 10:40 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

Sorry, been struggling with some health issues, will catch up tomorrow.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:26 am

Post by Emily »

I hope you feel better soon Loki.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:39 am

Post by Hopkirk »

That's something I can agree with :)
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 4:55 am

Post by Emily »

You are very handsome and charming and I am glad you chose me for your date at the end Hopkirk. <3
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

I just found out Emily is actually Pooky. *mind blown*
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1415, Emily wrote:I hope you feel better soon Loki.
In post 1416, Hopkirk wrote:That's something I can agree with :)
<3
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1418, Loki Dokie wrote:I just found out Emily is actually Pooky. *mind blown*
Sorry, probably shouldn’t have outed it. I’m still reeling that you called me an “egocentric person”. Yeah I know you apologized but still really really shocked at that.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

Hopkirk, there was no way I was moving off of Flow to Mo because A) I thought they were going obvious scum but still had doubts on Mo. I guess that should have told me something.

B) When Vanders said he wanted to elim Flow right after Mo, I decided to test that because I was still unsure on him until he actually voted Flow.

I wasn’t sure on Mo but didn’t want Flow to escape in case I was wrong on Mo, so I was pretty set on that.

I wrongly sr Mo based more on what I incorrectly thought were associatives with Flow plus of course PoE.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2021 8:00 pm

Post by Emily »

I don't really think egocentric is an insult.

I consider myself an egocentric person.

I can see that you consider it mean and I apologize for saying it to you.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 9:43 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Post game blank - koba
Last edited by DkKoba on Mon May 31, 2021 6:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

So, where I’m at. Still haven’t fully caught up due to not feeling well - is that I would a thousand times prefer to lose to scum!Hopkirk over scum!Pooky

so if I was a purely emotional player, I’d 100% yeet Emily but I’m not. I’m a primarily logic, intuitive and evidenced base player and I connect the dots and figure out what adds up and what doesn’t.

Flow was starting to look a bit better at the time Emily hammered him, so why does scum!Emily insta hammer Flow when monkey thinks I’m powerwolfing poor innocent Flow. :lol: and Vanders is beginning to have doubts on him?

The wagon could have very easily switched and probably to Mo would be my guess since no one who had fully red the game would be voting me. *spanks monkey*

So I remember being really grateful to Emily for that hammer.

Also, Hopkirk claimed to believe that GB was fn and had town neighbor!Andante flipped instead of fn!Andante, I’d probably not have wavered from my hard Hopkirk tr.

But if Royalty is any example, when doesn’t town!Hopkirk have strong opinions and reads? Why does he sheep me on Flow if he’s having doubts?

Also Hopkirk. when I said that I hard tr Vanders because he wanted to steer clear of pushing GB, your reaction to that didn’t make sense. If GB was actually fn, then of course that would have been a towntell for Vanders but it seemed like you maybe forgot about that?

And the series of posts Robert made calling Mo scum - while albeit wrong - sounded like he genuinely believed that to be true.

So my heart wants to yeet Emily into the stratosphere because I don’t want to chance being fooled by scum!Pooky on a fake newbie alt - no less - my brain is screaming at me that it’s Hopkirk.

I will wait until I fully catch up and feel better but that’s probably where I’m leaning.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”