Micro 1013: IMoA [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by sang froid »

@other players:

Please note that Sigmund is incapable of substantively addressing any of my points against him, and is immediately resorting to ad hom attacks.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 773, sang froid wrote:
In post 769, Moongrass wrote:Sang seemed so nice when they repped in lol.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

I intend to continue to be nice to anyone who’s conduct indicates that that’s a good idea!
I'm not sure how that philosophy has any relevance to what you're doing but it was a nice skim read.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Moongrass »

Yes sang, you are intelligent. Could you please redirect this bulging brain power towards other scum reads? If you are killed N1 (unlikely) it would be nice to see you dig into other players instead of watching you bang your head against a brick wall. Thoughts on SS, VFP would be more useful than Sigmund who never end games as scum.
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by sang froid »

Why do you say Sigmund never endgames and what in his 120 posts of fluff do you think makes him town?
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by sang froid »

I’ve already given thoughts on both S_S and VFP as part of my catch up, but to re-iterate:

S_S has done very little to make me want to TR him or SR him so far. There were some light town pings, but that was while Andres and ico were still absent, and I was willing to weight them slightly higher then because of those two being null by necessity.

VFP had a couple of posts that tone pinged me as towny in the early pages. One of these is explicitly noted in my catch up. Their absence is a little concerning, and I don’t have enough faith in tone to call them definitively town, but they seem like a soft target (as most absent players become) and I have enough players I think are scummier than them that I’m not really interest in pursuing that unless you can explain why 2/3 of Andres, Sigmund, and uneven are town.

Aside from that, I’m not really trying to make this about my intelligence or lack thereof and don’t totally follow the jab, if that’s what it was (that’s what it felt like). I am adopting a slightly more formal playstyle here than normal, and I don’t know if you’re reading that as arrogance or a superior tone. This account is an experiment to some degree in three respects:

1) moving away from being lazy and relying too much on tonereading — trying harder to analyse what players are doing and why.

2) in the style of Ankamius, to focus less on having necessarily good relationships with other players and more on trying to simply get my reads as accurate as possible and to then push those reads hard.

3) to endeavour to, as the name may have given away, a calm demeanour at all times while fulfilling steps one and two.

I hope this is useful information for engaging with me.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 775, sang froid wrote:Please note that Sigmund is incapable of substantively addressing any of my points against him, and is immediately resorting to ad hom attacks.

you literally repped in and immediately called me an asshole and a policy elim and you're giving me shit for ad-homing back at you?

someone call the waaaahbulance we got a hypocrite over here.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 774, sang froid wrote:I’m sorry you weren’t able to keep up with what was being said!
i'm sorry you keep pretending to be nice while throwing insults at me and then crying to the rest of the crowd here and playing the victim when I fire back

maybe you should learn to get the guts to actually say what you mean instead of crying and pretending you didn't start this shit fight in the first place
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 778, sang froid wrote:Why do you say Sigmund never endgames and what in his 120 posts of fluff do you think makes him town?
Ok so if we work backwards from a hypothetical lylo, I can't see any reasonable player eliminating anyone over Sigmund. Even in the worst case scenario of a VFP, SS, Sigmund I don't see Sigmund saving his bacon has scum. If he does end up in Lylo it's more likely he's town being setup for a MisLim.

I don't strongly townread Sigmund but I feel he is engaged in a way that I think is more likely town than scum. As I was pointing out in your catch up, there was no reason for him to push the game in a new direction when the game seemed to be heading into a gladiate between our slots. I do agree that his change of direction just after nsg's entrance doesn't look good, but later posts like "can we just kill someone please" tend to come from impatient town rather than untactful scum ineffectively bulldozing the game.

I don't believe he poses any threat as scum and I would be more concerned about his partner if he is.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 779, sang froid wrote:3) to endeavour to, as the name may have given away, a calm demeanour at all times while fulfilling steps one and two.

yea to throw insults while writing lots of words in fancy tones to sound composed and civilized while really being an incredibly arrogant douche
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 782, Moongrass wrote:I do agree that his change of direction just after nsg's entrance doesn't look good
what r u even talking about.

I pushed norwee for a reaction

I got my reaction

the reaction reads as highly town indicative.

why would I continue to push on?

this is absurd
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Moongrass »

I should have previewed that post, sorry hope it's readable.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Moongrass »

In post 784, Sigmund wrote:
In post 782, Moongrass wrote:I do agree that his change of direction just after nsg's entrance doesn't look good
what r u even talking about.

I pushed norwee for a reaction

I got my reaction

the reaction reads as highly town indicative.

why would I continue to push on?

this is absurd
Yes I get what you were doing, I can also see the other POV.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by Sigmund »

That I decided to try to get a mis-elim straight out of RVS on Norwee, a notorious townteller who rages and has a divergent reaction upon being shitpushed for reasons that most of the player list should not find convincing at all?

That POV?

haha.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by Sigmund »

ok sure
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by Sigmund »

pushing mis-elims is about:

1. Timing
2. Momentum
3. Game State Manipulation
4. Opportunity.

As scum, I do not target people that towntell under pressure because it's borderline idiotic unless the read I have on the game state is that I can force it through before the emotional town-teller can obvtown their own slot.

I certainly do not target from an equilibrium position because there is no momentum to take advantage of.

All this nonsense sang froid is posting is drivel.

Either they are making it up or they are one of the worst scum players on this site and have no idea how to create mis-elims.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 745, sang froid wrote:I mostly joined because of nsg, hi nsg!
hello!

it almost feels like this game is a birthday present to me or something, the amount of people who know me in it and who have also decided to conceal their identity such that i can enjoy trying to figure out who they are. it's fun, it seems rare these days for me to know a lot of people in a playerlist.

as to you sheeping me, i'd prefer for you to just follow what you think is best.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by sang froid »

In post 782, Moongrass wrote:
In post 778, sang froid wrote:Why do you say Sigmund never endgames and what in his 120 posts of fluff do you think makes him town?
Ok so if we work backwards from a hypothetical lylo, I can't see any reasonable player eliminating anyone over Sigmund. Even in the worst case scenario of a VFP, SS, Sigmund I don't see Sigmund saving his bacon has scum. If he does end up in Lylo it's more likely he's town being setup for a MisLim.

I don't strongly townread Sigmund but I feel he is engaged in a way that I think is more likely town than scum. As I was pointing out in your catch up, there was no reason for him to push the game in a new direction when the game seemed to be heading into a gladiate between our slots. I do agree that his change of direction just after nsg's entrance doesn't look good, but later posts like "can we just kill someone please" tend to come from impatient town rather than untactful scum ineffectively bulldozing the game.

I don't believe he poses any threat as scum and I would be more concerned about his partner if he is.
I think the fact that, in the same post, you say that you don’t think Sigmund would stand much of a chance at lylo if he were to make it that far AND that if he does end up there he’s more likely town being brought along to be miseliminated is exactly why it would be problematic to let him make it that far.

I don’t think the game was necessarily heading into a gladiate between your slots, unless you mean that you think people were liable to line-up wanting one or the other of you but without the two of you directly 1v1ing. And I can think of a very clear reason why scum!him would not want to be in a gladiator which is that, again, there’s no no desire or effort put into solving the game in his ISO and I suspect that he wouldn’t want to be stuck as a 50/50 elimination choice against anyone, knowing that.

I would agree that those types of posts do often come from impatient town: i think that viewed in the broader context of his play, and again, the startlingly lack of interest in sorting other players, it’s much more likely that his pushing for a lim of whoever is either NAI or scum indicative. What, other than general beliefs about how people play, makes you think Sigmund is not a player who thinks that by simply being loud and belligerent he will be townread regardless of what he actually does?

And I’m less interested in partner hunting when I’m confident that Sigmund is scum. Additionally, even if he’s not, I think removing him from the game will create an environment that’s more cooperative and therefore more conducive to finding where the actual scum are without him proving to be a bad-tasting distraction.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 749, Moongrass wrote:
In post 745, sang froid wrote:However, if nsg is strongly convinced on moongrass, I'm happy to sheep her D1 as I generally think she has a better read-rate than I do
She doesn't actually think I'm scum and will most likely move her vote elsewhere by day end.

Lets say you're right. Who is Sigmund's buddy?
pretty sure i know who you are now, but unfortunately i'd still slow down on you saying i don't scumread you. my reads were kind of thrown up in the air yesterday but i'm still not really convinced on you being town.

(by the way, i didn't need the hint! the timezones were enough)
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 791, sang froid wrote:I think removing him from the game will create an environment that’s more cooperative and therefore more conducive to finding where the actual scum are without him proving to be a bad-tasting distraction.
sure i'll shut up you go find the scum.
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by sang froid »

In post 780, Sigmund wrote:
In post 775, sang froid wrote:Please note that Sigmund is incapable of substantively addressing any of my points against him, and is immediately resorting to ad hom attacks.

you literally repped in and immediately called me an asshole and a policy elim and you're giving me shit for ad-homing back at you?

someone call the waaaahbulance we got a hypocrite over here.
My desire to eliminate is clearly not a policy lim, something you’d know if you were bothering to read my posts.
In post 781, Sigmund wrote:
In post 774, sang froid wrote:I’m sorry you weren’t able to keep up with what was being said!
i'm sorry you keep pretending to be nice
I have at no point pretended to be nice to you. If you can’t read blatantly hostile sarcasm aimed in your direction, that’s on you.
Moongrass
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Moongrass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Moongrass »

Dude I know you feel bad about Norwegian, but you don't need to twist my words like that. I'm not agreeing with the whole push on you, just seeing that the timing could look suspicious. Tbf you left your vote on Norwegian after the ragequit and only really moved after nsg repped in. And before you repeat yourself again, yes I know you changed your mind because of Norwegian's reaction, not the nsg entrance.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Sigmund »

btw you should go to costco and buy a mirror it'll help with your scum hunt
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 794, sang froid wrote:I have at no point pretended to be nice to you. If you can’t read blatantly hostile sarcasm aimed in your direction, that’s on you.
why are you crying to the rest of the game about me being mean to you if you spend all your time hurling insults at me?
sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by sang froid »

In post 787, Sigmund wrote:a notorious townteller
This is very simply not true, norwee is often a very mislimmable player who’s emotional reactions get misread as scum flails.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 794, sang froid wrote:My desire to eliminate is clearly not a policy lim, something you’d know if you were bothering to read my posts.

sounds like a policy elim when you end your post with "even if he's town it'll be easier to scumhunt when he's gone"

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”