Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 159, Prism wrote:
In post 148, Hectic wrote:Prism - Lot of analysis and some meta. Good content but nothing I explicitly townrwad and that isn't fakeable for her. Tone is notably different but she says she's trying a different approach. Probably weakest townread on here
I don't buy this.

You have clearly seen me fake the freewheeling, joking tone (in the vein of non-tilted Costello or me at my most lighthearted in Chara's Folly) in Flying Scumsman. You have seen this sort of intentionality and sharper focus repeatedly, dating back to your first experience with me on Replica, continuing through Folly, with flashes of it in Binding of Isaac.

I have repeatedly done things to sort players both actively and preemptively. I find it unlikely that these take a backseat in your mind in favor of tone.
Not sure why you got the impression in the first place that tone was the basis of my read. The point I made was that it wasn't affecting my read either way, it was different. I feel stupid following that line of questioning on this premise now

Is your vote on me entirely based on this tone thing, or anything else, Prism?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 173, Fidget wrote:did somebody mention

chara's folly

in june 2021

it's like everyone involved left a piece of themselves in that game and has never truly managed to fully move on
That game really had it all

Btw MURDERCAT gave me the option to be town or scum this game as part of a favour. I would've loved to be scum in this playerlist but since I'm strapped for time I chose town
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 148, Hectic wrote:I have townpings from all of Ydrasse/Prism/Infinity/Lukewarm, but those are the most active players other than myself so maybe I really am a noob

Ydrasse - Quick read drops while interacting in real-time is +town for her, the declaration of rolling town at the start, and her threats of tree haunting I all find towny

Infinity - The "Ydrasse might actually be scum" followed by the paragraph on her were towny

Prism - Lot of analysis and some meta. Good content but nothing I explicitly townrwad and that isn't fakeable for her. Tone is notably different but she says she's trying a different approach. Probably weakest townread on here

Lukewarm - Relaxed and easygoing attitude is +town
oh come now you know better than to townread all the early actives

That infinity post came across as good to me though.

Holding my judgment on ydrasse slightly but I thought her reaction to Infinity was probably plus town. When you take into account the previous iteration of this setup it's easy to townread Ydrasse for that but as I said I'm not yet convinced knowing what Ydrasse is capable of.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Prism »

Tone was presented as an almost counterbalancing factor or consideration to pull the townlean down. Calling the content good without diving into what made it so or why, and then presenting it as the weakest townlean, makes me extremely skeptical.

The vote is based off of your start, that read, and our followup conversation. Unlike Infinity I found 167 very scummy; though I am not exactly sure when, this topic of always scumreading you has come up previously and I don't like the more nervous framing of it this time around.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Hectic »

Hey, it just happened to line up this time. I'll use random.org next time to look anti-consensus

Do you have any thoughts on Lukewarm, Fidget?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Prism »

Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Fidget »

He has good tone but I do not know anything about him.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:15 am

Post by T3 »

In post 149, Hectic wrote:
In post 116, T3 wrote:
In post 102, Child of Fairies wrote:So, why am I being voted for for being one of like three people to joke about a guy declaring a 1v1 and then declaring v/la right after that?
I don't think your joking about the 1v1 was bad, but this defense is just bad ^ VOTE: Child of Fairies
VOTE: T3

Framing this as a defense rather than a question is somewhat odd
Why me fry me.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Fidget »

I'm under the impression he joined during marathon season though and some players have played with him there.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:16 am

Post by T3 »

In post 168, Infinity 324 wrote:That post reminds me of something I'd post as town because I'm a nervous person, but I lean scum on it I guess?
This post also pings me as scum but idk why.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Hectic »

Do you think I'm a more nervous player as scum, Prism?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Hectic »

You were townreading me there, here you scumread me

You don't think there'd be a difference in my reaction?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 183, Fidget wrote:I'm under the impression he joined during marathon season though and some players have played with him there.
I played in 2 marathon games, but I played a few games before that too.

I was in Guardians of the Fortress with Ydra and Infinity, where scum-ydra wiped the floor with us, and I also thought town-infinity was scum :facepalm:
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Prism »

In post 185, Hectic wrote:Do you think I'm a more nervous player as scum, Prism?
As much as I hate to say "Around me? Probably", that is exactly what I am saying.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 187, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 183, Fidget wrote:I'm under the impression he joined during marathon season though and some players have played with him there.
I played in 2 marathon games, but I played a few games before that too.

I was in Guardians of the Fortress with Ydra and Infinity, where scum-ydra wiped the floor with us, and I also thought town-infinity was scum :facepalm:
I mean long form Guardians of the Fortress here, although interestingly, all 3 of us were in the marathon run of that same set up too
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Hectic »

lol I like the confidence honestly

I've never been scum against you so I don't know for sure but I probably would be wary of you since when you scumread me you go in hard. I usually fake confidence and try not to appear nervous under pressure as scum though

I
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Prism »

In post 186, Hectic wrote:
You were townreading me there, here you scumread me

You don't think there'd be a difference in my reaction?
I don't really think this is a very productive line; there is going to be a difference regardless and it is up to me to guess which bucket it falls into.

Finding this where you seem to think it is a 50/50 which happens, later broken in favor of townreading you that game, does not inspire confidence that this isn't a flop.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Fidget »

Oh, I misinterpreted, he's simply only been scum in marathon games but he's had town games outside of there.

So his scum game is more or less an unknown factor. For me personally scum is easier in marathon because I'm decent at word salad / bullshitting to seem like I believe in what I'm talking about but I'm abysmal at playing a long, well thought out scumgame. I'm not sure his difficulties with scum in marathon will transfer to here because he might also find the experiences very different.

I say his tone is good because he seems comfortable, no awkward interactions from what I noticed. So I wonder if scum makes him feel anxious or not. That's the best I have right now.

Pedit/ I see, thank you.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Prism »

Okay yeah w/ 190 this vote stays unless I have to compromise elsewhere
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:25 am

Post by Hectic »

VOTE: Prism

Mm, I don't think you disregard the differences in context as easily as that I think there's a clear difference between someone reacting from.being hard townread - where being jokey is a lot more natural, and being hard scumread and pressured, where you're in a comoeltley different mindset.

Attributing one to town and the other to scum, and not considering a NAI difference is soemthing I find unrealistic from the mighty Replica/Costello/Servant RULER

I also kinda think you got better at reading me after Binding of Isaac mafia, and this push almost feels like a simulated version of your previous pushes on me (as town). Maybe I'm looking through OMGUS-tinted glasses right now, but I see the scenario where scum!Prism recognises town!Hectic always hard townreads her when she pushes him and wants to replicate that
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:25 am

Post by Fidget »

I think that last post by T3 was pretty reminiscent of looking at a post and feeling like the writer is scum but not really having a reason why other than gut, which is something I don't usually think to fake as scum. I usually give a reason. There's no obvious motivation for T3 to write that as scum, it's not even written about the player he's currently pushing.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 192, Fidget wrote:Oh, I misinterpreted, he's simply only been scum in marathon games but he's had town games outside of there.

So his scum game is more or less an unknown factor. For me personally scum is easier in marathon because I'm decent at word salad / bullshitting to seem like I believe in what I'm talking about but I'm abysmal at playing a long, well thought out scumgame. I'm not sure his difficulties with scum in marathon will transfer to here because he might also find the experiences very different.

I say his tone is good because he seems comfortable, no awkward interactions from what I noticed. So I wonder if scum makes him feel anxious or not. That's the best I have right now.

Pedit/ I see, thank you.
See, the thing is, that marathon game was simultaneously my first marathon game AND my first scum game, so that probably did not help. I am not really counting marathon games, so imo I have yet to have a scum game on site.

As such, I will confidently assume
Spoiler:
/pretend
I have an amazing scum game until proven other wise :D
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 193, Prism wrote:Okay yeah w/ 190 this vote stays unless I have to compromise elsewhere
Like seriously, you're this confident despite knowing you've been horribly wrong on me for an extended period of time before?

Hmhmhm
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Fidget »

Prism and Hectic's battle pings me as though one of them is forcing it although that is still more or less a guess.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:28 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 195, Fidget wrote:I think that last post by T3 was pretty reminiscent of looking at a post and feeling like the writer is scum but not really having a reason why other than gut, which is something I don't usually think to fake as scum. I usually give a reason. There's no obvious motivation for T3 to write that as scum, it's not even written about the player he's currently pushing.
I have played like 5 or 6 games with T3 (more then anyone else onsite actually), and I feel like I am getting good at reading his alignment. I am just waiting for a little bit more time / posts from him atm

Return to “Completed Open Games”