*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

idk maybe prism is doing her thing where she’s good but i get why she’s saying it.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

422 was sleazy.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by Prism »

It is taking everything in me to rein in my ego and not launch into a tirade about how awful of a stump I will be or insult the other players. I am aware that I am entitled to nothing, and will play to the best of my ability regardless if I wind up voted.

Getting in the way and hammering while Hectic is gone is objectively awful here is for several reasons.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 423, Prism wrote:I have had enough of people actively getting in my way of trying to sort that slot.

If he's town and I'm scum let him have his own agency and place his bet rather than capitalizing on it while he's gone.

I do not want him crying that I was obviously town after I have already flipped.
The issue with you claiming this mindset, is that you will stay in the thread after elimination if you are town.

It would turn you into an innocent child, who would have free reign to sort hectic's slot, and to also call him out if he tried to pull that.

I get the feeling that you are more adverse to being eliminated here then makes sense for a townie.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i feel upside down compared to everyone and don’t know if i’m really right or wrong.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:30 pm

Post by Prism »

Do you not understand that I have spent the last 10 pages trying to figure out a way to sort this slot only to have Infinity/Child force me to not only blow it up, but vote me for it, while you are actively encouraging the one last chance I have before he comes in and gets to keep the vote with zero repurcussions?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:32 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 426, Ydrasse wrote:422 was sleazy.
What Lukewarm is saying is fine and the slot is hardtown.

He does not understand my history with tilt, or why I want to force a player to take a harder stance on me pre-flip, but this is not scummy IMO
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

it’s hard for me to locktown it because i know luke is proficient at the game even if not forum mafia itself and i don’t feel like i have a reason yet to jump to that conclusion. i’ve never had to sort him though.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

428 was more charitable but 422 ending with alas was gross to me.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 426, Ydrasse wrote:422 was sleazy.
One of the reasons why I voted Prism was because the way they interacted with Infinity felt more like someone trying to intimidate votes away from of themselves. Very much did not like it. And I personally do not respond well to that.

And I read through, that seemed to me like the reason Infinity unvoted, and then thought better of it and revoted.

And then to 421, if I had not already voted, I would have hammered them
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by Prism »

Lukewarm, I would advise skimming this game.

I selfhammer on Page 1, fortunately having a mechanical excuse but make it quite clear I would have done it as VT. Day 2, I lose my mind over someone suggesting I would play a certain way as scum, and promptly vote to concede the game.

The playstyle difference here is just bussing, but there are extensive examples in multiple other games of me waxing for pages and pages about what I
actually
would have done as scum if you would like.

These are not moments of pride, but they are exactly what I do not want to repeat this game.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

dunno, it just feels like prism as town makes sense. i’d rather give her the benefit of the doubt and treat her like town while she’s alive even if i don’t agree with her on everything right now. frankly i feel like someone will come in and hammer anyways and as i’m uninterested, it’s all a big meh.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

worst case i’m over correcting for inability to toneread her and i’m wrong.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

why am i awake.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 433, Ydrasse wrote:428 was more charitable but 422 ending with alas was gross to me.
I think the last sentence, reading this as a last-ditch-Hectic-save-me gambit, makes perfect sense. The issue here is that I want to sort that fucking slot and Infinity/Child/Lukewarm are all not only voting me out but actively getting in the way and blowing up every attempt with fucking dynamite.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by Prism »

FWIW Infinity's first ask of it was actually useful because it got me to more explicitly poke him after he demurred, but after that I was solidly on the tilt-a-whirl.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:45 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 435, Prism wrote:Lukewarm, I would advise skimming this game.

I selfhammer on Page 1, fortunately having a mechanical excuse but make it quite clear I would have done it as VT. Day 2, I lose my mind over someone suggesting I would play a certain way as scum, and promptly vote to concede the game.

The playstyle difference here is just bussing, but there are extensive examples in multiple other games of me waxing for pages and pages about what I
actually
would have done as scum if you would like.

These are not moments of pride, but they are exactly what I do not want to repeat this game.
This..... doesn't help your arguement?

In that game you self hammered because you were tilted and had a mechanical benefit to doing so.

This game, you claim to be tilting and you have a mechanical benefit to being eliminated, and you announced that you will never self hammer this game
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:46 pm

Post by Prism »

It's almost like those are objectively bad traits and bad things to do, and that I have been incredibly intentional about holding off on them this game.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:48 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm not saying I'm town because I threatened to selfhammer. I'm saying that scumreading me for it is a mistake, and asking why I didn't just do it if it's such an issue with me is like asking "Who cares about the diet, why didn't you just shovel the whole gallon of ice cream?"
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 421, Prism wrote:That was typed before the vote on me.

It is very important that I get a response from Hectic before I flip. Force him to go to bat against me to secure the elimination; do not hammer prior.
@ Ydra, basically, this post reads to me like it is pressuring everyone in the game, except exactly hectic, to not vote Prism. And if my vote was free, I would have hammered because I do not like being pressured.

There is also the fact that the last thing I remember hectic saying about Prism's slot was that it was getting townier, so there is a benefit for scum!prism to gambit that way.

But, my vote is already there, so it does not really matter at the moment

I am off to try and get some sleep.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by Prism »

My comment postgame in BoI:
In post 1276, Prism wrote:Also, even though I alluded to it with my comments about being the worst offender, etc.: I do want to apologize to the game broadly, and to madeline specifically, for my attitude Day 2. That level of toxicity/spite was completely unacceptable, I needed to A) Not react so viciously to begin with B) Replace out before I hit the post button. I should have probably been forcereplaced at the point I submitted/claimed to have submitted a concession, because that was absolutely breaking rule #2 even if I continue to play to my wincon otherwise.

So that was completely over the line and I apologize; I'm not sorry about asking madeline to justify the read on me-that was necessary-but everything about how I went about it and how I treated the other players was unacceptable.

I had come into this day ready to reset and not be toxic, but that would not have made up for my previous behavior and I'm glad to see that the game just ended instead.
My last game, Perpetual Melo, I immediately forcereplaced myself the moment I insulted a site user

Acknowledging I have a bad trait and fighting it does not make me town or a saint, as I have some incentive to fake this narrative. I don't deserve praise for not gamethrowing; but saying "Well why didn't you just do it then?" is revolting.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Your vote absolutely matters, especially when you are actively encouraging hammers on me without letting me do the single thing I have wanted to do today. Ridiculous.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:00 pm

Post by Prism »

Ydrasse, you seem to think I would make a good flip regardless given that I would be stumped rather than gone. I can't say I agree with the idea I will make a good stump, but I understand why.

From what I can tell, you are extremely confident in your ability to read Hectic, so my wanting his reaction is pretty irrelevant on that front.

Are you holding off just out of courtesy?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:10 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 166, skitter30 wrote:They have good reads
Can be charismatic but bot always
If they're being charismatic the slot is probably unflippable esp if bork/notsci realize its prism (just like bork was playing nice with peta because of tenet/2181, it'll be a similar dynamic i think)
If they dont and/or prism isnt trying to like work with people and gets on people's nerves the slot is flippable
In post 167, petapan wrote:i have no idea how he's going to read the game but he was in w13 with bork/notsci/cakez recently so given recent meta probably townreads them but who knows, might not want to work with notscience though. prone to getting tilted lately by people annoying him. will probably make the slot hard to elim though.
In post 179, skitter30 wrote:He's kinda hard to describe like he has good reads but gets distracted hy random sidethings and will sometimes play antiwincon depending how frustrated he gets

Thanks peta that was super super super helpful
Two scumplayers strategizing to figure out how to capitalize on my tendency to tilt and let the rest of the game lose in Perpetual Melo, which Infinity was in.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:23 pm

Post by Prism »

This entire wagon is just disgustingly bad to sort on.

Hectic hasn't updated his read in eons and we have players actively hoping he doesn't.
Infinity is hiding behind a single gutread and refusing to do even the slightest bit of basic research or critical thinking.
Child is a case of curiosity killed the cat where they opened the bag labeled "Do not open" then goes "Prism making me open this is so scummy"
Lukewarm has a somewhat rational response but is just wrong

I hope scum is in the second/third because if they are both town so help me god

Return to “Completed Open Games”