Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Prism I believe I've seen you play scum a couple other times, I remember reading a couple of your posts from a recent normal and a newbie I think and wondering how scum could possibly post those things. Even just skimming the post you linked here I'm wondering about what your approach would be here to control the narrative, and I need a lot of evidence that you're trying and failing to control the narrative to satisfactorily answer the question of "what the hell happened for scum!prism to get into this situation?" I wouldn't call it a townread yet, but
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:02 am

Post by Prism »

Again, with the comments/shield about having no idea of how I play scum, this sudden awareness is extremely out of left field.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:06 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

There's more to my read if it would be helpful, but right now I feel like I've talked enough about my read on you, and no one ever townreads me based on "infinity's thought processes make a lot of sense" anyway

PEdit: I don't need to know how you play scum to know that you're good at it and that I don't think you've been trying to control the narrative of the thread since, like, the latter half of our interaction yesterday, even though I didn't realize it right away.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:10 am

Post by T3 »

In post 474, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 469, T3 wrote:I don't totally get the case against Prism.
In post 471, T3 wrote:Johhny, Faries, and Prism are my top 3 scum after a reread.
What changed in this 14 min game here?

Like what did you see in the reread that you missed the first time?
Mainly the not engaging properly with Infinity pinged me. My gut is telling me Prism is town though.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:14 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 261, T3 wrote:Yeah. I think a scumtell of mine is actually giving reasoning when voting someone but that doesn't matter right now.
This feels like a genuine realization about their play that t3 made that keeps me out of wanting to put t3 in the PoE

My PoE is prism, johnny, fidget, maybe child
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Prism »

I am not a big fan of Fidget really being a focus of Ydrasse and now included in the PoE for Infinity, I found several posts back in the 300s very town that I elaborated on at that time, but she did not have to unvote me or show up in the thread at all yesterday.

I am still alive because she did so. Her initial post about me/Hectic and vote on me struck me as opportunistic but the rest has been the opposite.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Interesting, I'll ISO her.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Fidget »

You would have died without that unvote? Yikes

You are correct in your deduction that I probably wouldn't have bothered to show up as scum though since I wasn't a driving force behind your elim and I wasn't present enough to weigh in, therefore I wouldn't be accountable for whatever logic is being used to kill you.

In reality I thought you were gut level towny on a skim that day and I obviously did not want you to die so quickly and the day to end even if I did think you were potentially scum.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Prism »

So who are you thinking about/wanting to look at right now? I imagine there are still thoughts about me swirling around, but curious as to where you go from here.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Fidget »

Sure being an object of focus is kinda "nyeh" but I also am unsure I've exhibited too much I couldn't do as scum. The aforementioned not just sitting on you is fair though. I'm more referring to Hectic, T3, whoever else having me as decent town early. I would kill to know why although it's partially my curiosity asking as I'm not certain it will be productive or not.
In post 475, Infinity 324 wrote:Prism I believe I've seen you play scum a couple other times, I remember reading a couple of your posts from a recent normal and a newbie I think and wondering how scum could possibly post those things. Even just skimming the post you linked here I'm wondering about what your approach would be here to control the narrative, and I need a lot of evidence that you're trying and failing to control the narrative to satisfactorily answer the question of "what the hell happened for scum!prism to get into this situation?" I wouldn't call it a townread yet, but
It feels like you're arguing why Prism could be scum rather than why Prism is scum. You've mentioned this before that Prism has a wide scumrange, and that's certainly fair, although exactly why you find Prism scummy has been unclear to me. You've countered reasons for townreading Prism, but what's your suspicion? I suppose it's a gut level read and hard to articulate. My point is just that it seems like you're countering "Prism couldn't be scum" logic more than addressing why Prism is scum in the first place.
In post 474, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 469, T3 wrote:I don't totally get the case against Prism.
In post 471, T3 wrote:Johhny, Faries, and Prism are my top 3 scum after a reread.
What changed in this 14 min game here?

Like what did you see in the reread that you missed the first time?
Another thing that draws me to townreading T3. If you're scum keeping track of reads, I feel like one of your most prevalent forged reads would be the very last post you made 10 min ago.

I get that opportunism is a thing but so blatant and unnecessary seems like and odd move. Prism didn't need more attackers, especially when my stance and Infinity's are still unclear or leaning suspecting.

This is a pretty dumb take by me if T3 really is scum and genuinely just isn't keeping track of their faked reads and posts whatever on the fly. It's possible, I just find it less likely compared to inconsistent town thoughts at the moment. Cause I see (and feel that myself) as town all the time.
In post 460, Infinity 324 wrote:Oh I missed it since you quoted a bunch of stuff to me

I said I was waiting for fidget to townpost but she hasn't yet :(
In post 461, Ydrasse wrote:fair

yeah i’m just waiting on some good takes
Out of curiosity, do you either of you two know who I am? I don't respond to guesses or anything but some people just know.

On one hand, waiting for me to show my true colours is a tried and true tactic since there is a distinct difference when I turn on. On the other, it doesn't typically happen on the first day. I just found it moderately interesting you're both taking an interest with me this way.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 483, Prism wrote:So who are you thinking about/wanting to look at right now? I imagine there are still thoughts about me swirling around, but curious as to where you go from here.
My feelings on Johnny are pretty much in stasis as I don't believe he's come back since then. He's.. probably my current guess. He got traction quite easily, but I can buy that from D1 in a game where he'd only have one partner. And there's been you as a counter, so whatever.

In my mind, Johnny TMIing you and Hectic as town is probably my favored view of the game, and his partner is just whoever. Don't really have an opinion there.

I could be falling into a trap of townreading the actives but I'm at least inclined to say I'm not, I felt decent about my Hectic lean and I don't really have an opinion on you outoide of gut but the threads relative ease towards killing you bolsters my confidence slightly.

Out of the rest of the cast I think Lukewarm and T3 are most town and I'm gray on Infinity, ydrasse, and Fairies. I had tiny points in favor of the first two earlier in the game but nothing that makes me feel fantastic.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Fidget »

Actually yeah there was more with Infinity with regards to her approach to your wagon that seemed genuine to me though, forgot abt that yesterday. I'd probably say she's a bit less likely, I don't think her stances towards you were *quite* necessary. After a town elim on you that seems like a lot of stress for relatively little gain. Feel more likely it's town that believes you're scum but without a good reason why. Not certain though
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:01 am

Post by Fidget »

If Fairy and Johnny are my bottom players though that is really just less active players = scummier, sigh. Johnny suspicion still likely my best lead at the moment. Guess it falls apart if I'm reading you or Hectic wrong.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Prism »

Did you happen to understand my tree jokes?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 484, Fidget wrote:It feels like you're arguing why Prism could be scum rather than why Prism is scum. You've mentioned this before that Prism has a wide scumrange, and that's certainly fair, although exactly why you find Prism scummy has been unclear to me. You've countered reasons for townreading Prism, but what's your suspicion? I suppose it's a gut level read and hard to articulate. My point is just that it seems like you're countering "Prism couldn't be scum" logic more than addressing why Prism is scum in the first place.
You misread, I'm trying to explain why I changed my mind and don't want to elim prism today. I feel like she would be doing more as scum to at least try to control the narrative and shift attention away from herself, so that she wouldn't be the center of attention and widely scumread.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Fidget »

Oh, I like that more then.
Prism wrote:Did you happen to understand my tree jokes?
Afraid not
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 484, Fidget wrote:Out of curiosity, do you either of you two know who I am? I don't respond to guesses or anything but some people just know.
No! I didn't know you were an alt
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Prism »

Thanks; I will chew on all of that quite a bit and perhaps say more later.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by T3 »

VOTE: johnnyfarrar
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Prism »

I won't revote him until he shows back up, as I still want to give space to take care of anything he needs to, but my vote will likely wind up there afterwards.

The people I most want to hear from are Johnny, Hectic, and Child. Until I get more from them I feel in limbo.

I don't want to be like "Find somebody else to vote!", but virtually every Child post is either about or responding to me. 306 is probably the most substantive otherwise. It's time to diversify.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 265, Hectic wrote:
In post 255, Lukewarm wrote:I think I am leaning town T3 here, but now he has me paranoid by saying this
In post 94, T3 wrote:Lukewarm scumreading me this game is a huge scumtell.
In a - once he becomes aware of his scum meta tells, it is less useful - kind of way.
I find the paranoia in this post a little strange/quote]

So I can actually address my paranoia in regards to T3, because our most recent game ended. I hard accused T3 of being scum on page 2 of the thread, because his posts we so different from how they were normally when he is town.

Later in the day, I did a meta dive on him to compare scum games to town games, and the difference was clear. And I explained that in the thread, and he was flipped Day 1 as scum. I felt bad that I caught him so early (like page 2 seemed excessive lol), and I ended up apologizing, explaining the differences, and even explained ways he could keep me from spotting him as scum in the future. <- that was like 5 days before this game started.

So, I am leaning town on him, but I am also aware that I told him how I spot him as scum less then a week before this game started.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:57 am

Post by Hectic »

No time today, I'll be back tomorrow at the earliest and 2 days from now at the latest

Send any urgent correspondence to my fax machine at 22114912121
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:05 am

Post by Prism »

I look forward to it. Your current vote was already negligent last time you posted, now it is horrifically so.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Prism »

Reread Fidget, posts are all solid and still a townlean. Probably will need flips to sort her decisively.

Reread Johnny, 252 is better than I realized at first pass. Reads on T3/Ydrasse aren't wrong. It's really just 253 that I don't like. Still probably the best vote but this leaves me increasingly skeptical of other slots.

Came close to voting Child but have decided to hold off. They need to be more forthcoming with reads on other slots.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:42 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 333, Child of Fairies wrote:
In post 325, Prism wrote:I'm not opposed to the Johnny vote, but I'm not very optimistic at the moment.
In post 332, Prism wrote:VOTE: Johnny

This is E-1.

I feel comfortable voting here without sorting Hectic, though a part of me is regretful that Johnny is on V/LA.
Not that I really disagree with a Johnny vote, but what changed you from being "not very optimistic" to feeling comfortable in one page, especially given that it's been less than a day and Johnny hasn't said a thing since?

Wouldn't be opposed to hammering the slot once Johnny gets a defense in if said defense isn't satisfactory, but if anybody hammers before he gets to post again I'd be very suspicious of that player.
this post is weird in the context of an iso filled with opinions that prism is scum.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Open Games”