humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:53 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

what's up i haven't caught up yet I was slapped with a rush job but I'll be back soon
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I am probably going to be absent from the thread for the next 24ish hours. Having an allergic reaction to my cat's new flea medicine, completely with severe migraine and nausea.

Will not be reading any threads for the near future.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Damn hope you feel better
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:08 am

i'm here now let's go
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:19 am

Page 6. From the get go, I don't believe that Infinity's reads are genuine. She makes these reads but I don't believe her process. First example is her read on Prism as town, but it's barely obvious what's town about Prism at the time she made that read and I don't buy her current explanation when I asked her. Another example is in #125 - reads Ydrasse as scum because she expects deeper out of Ydrasse but it's page 6 and we've only begun to escape RVS at this point. Oh, and then she votes Hectic even though it's also not apparent that Ydrasse has stopped doing what she thought was scummy.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:20 am

VOTE: Infinity Let's see if I don't change my mind after Page 6
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:23 am

Also page 6, I'm getting a town vibe from Prism, Ydrasse, and T3.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:27 am

In post 142, Prism wrote:I feel pretty good about Lukewarm being town after 139. I skimmed the marathon run of Guardians and they feel more comfortable here. In Guardians they stuck strictly to mechanics for the first half of the game and only gradually dipped into giving reads or meaningful feedback.
In post 143, Infinity 324 wrote:Lukewarm was town in guardians

I agree he's towny here
In post 144, Prism wrote:We are talking about two different games. Lukewarm was scum in the recent Marathon run of Guardians.
In post 145, Infinity 324 wrote:Oh I didn't read your post close enough

I'n hesitant to use marathon meta, but I agree with your assessment
see here: Prism is talking about her reads and Infinity jumps on this with an agreement — but they're talking about different games. It doesn't seem like an actual evaluation happened here, just an opportunity to piggyback a read.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Hectic »

So I'm actually on mini-vacation with some friends over this weekend. I know the timing sucks chain linked to a recent V/LA, but what can ya do. I likely won't have time to read anything again until Sunday

Apologies, promise I'm a lot more free after that though
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:28 am

Post by Hectic »

Welcome, monkey of Old
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:29 am

In post 159, Prism wrote:
In post 148, Hectic wrote:Prism - Lot of analysis and some meta. Good content but nothing I explicitly townrwad and that isn't fakeable for her. Tone is notably different but she says she's trying a different approach. Probably weakest townread on here
I don't buy this.

You have clearly seen me fake the freewheeling, joking tone (in the vein of non-tilted Costello or me at my most lighthearted in Chara's Folly) in Flying Scumsman. You have seen this sort of intentionality and sharper focus repeatedly, dating back to your first experience with me on Replica, continuing through Folly, with flashes of it in Binding of Isaac.

I have repeatedly done things to sort players both actively and preemptively. I find it unlikely that these take a backseat in your mind in favor of tone.
Prism is town
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:31 am

In post 712, Hectic wrote:Welcome, monkey of Old
whats up buddy
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:35 am

In post 174, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 171, Hectic wrote:You don't understand the dark history Prism and I have, Infinity. We were both town in Chara's Folly and her 100 page long push still keeps me up at night
UNVOTE:

This makes that post lean town for me
Either I'm not understanding Infinity's process at all or she doesn't have one because this does not follow. Maybe she can explain?
Child of Fairies
Child of Fairies
Townie
Child of Fairies
Townie
Townie

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Child of Fairies »

In post 678, Prism wrote:I am happy to see the acknowledgement of my points; I think your clarification of what is meant by "confusion" is very helpful, and there the blame falls squarely on me. I thought you were saying the confusion was
intentional
on my end, as opposed to me playing poorly regardless of alignment. I accept the latter. I also accept the argument that I wouldn't really be able to restrain myself as town.

I will accept the criticism for how I responded to Infinity, and take ownership of making you feel as though I don't respect the other players or the space in the game. I am human and got frustrated with Infinity and yourself, even as I decided to explain something I did not want to for both of your sakes. I can be very demanding and harsh when it comes to challenging players to meet my own subjective standard of play. Finally, my enthusiasm is a double-edged sword that leads to me posting too often and taking up too much space. I try to counterbalance this with posts like 494 and 498, encouraging you to branch out in a way that was for all of our benefit, but I recognize behavior does not cancel out. I have been harsh this game, and while this wasn't included in your wall I think 247 was unacceptably mean as an example.

As a final note, this conversation prompted by ignoring the more respectful ask in 505:
In post 505, Prism wrote:To be more specific: Are you saying that I would be unable to restrain myself from selfhammering as town, or that I would not
want
to restrain myself to begin with?
I take up too much space and can be a real jerk, but I don't think I've ignored a single question posed to me. I typed those paragraphs explaining my point as much for your sake as for mine. I hope we all can do the same for each other. Ignoring my point over just respectfully rejecting it and calling it a day was clearly counterproductive. Now that we're on the same page, I hope you can be more forthcoming with your actual reasoning moving forward, and I will keep striving to be better on my end both by posting less and treating the other players with more respect.
I'll definitely shoulder blame for letting this drag out as long as I did. That's completely on me and my confrontation skills. I should've answered your first question when you asked it, and I'm sorry that I didn't do so. I'll do my best to answer more openly in the future, now that this has been cleared up.

UNVOTE:

I'm going to go reread Prism's iso, I want to make sure my later interpretations weren't just emotionally driven.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:38 am

Not sure how to read Hectic because he intimidates me as a player and I'm inclined to just assume he's scum, but his response to Prism's pressure Page 8 is towny
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 710, humaneatingmonkey wrote:see here: Prism is talking about her reads and Infinity jumps on this with an agreement — but they're talking about different games. It doesn't seem like an actual evaluation happened here, just an opportunity to piggyback a read.
I don't understand how this is AI at all since I didn't agree with prism's original assessment of luke's meta, just the conclusion
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:41 am

In post 198, Fidget wrote:Prism and Hectic's battle pings me as though one of them is forcing it although that is still more or less a guess.
I agree, but I empathize with Prism that Hectic is possibly a player you want to give early attention to so you can sort them. Although I'm confused that Prism keeps mentioning she sees Infinity as scummy as well but doesn't pressure her as much as she's pressuring Hectic at this point of the game.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:43 am

In post 717, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Not sure how to read Hectic because he intimidates me as a player and I'm inclined to just assume he's scum, but his response to Prism's pressure Page 8 is towny
in this example, as well as my other examples, it appears to me that you don't really have your own reads/you're faking them because it's not obvious to me that there's a process there
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:43 am

EBWOP

In post 718, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 710, humaneatingmonkey wrote:see here: Prism is talking about her reads and Infinity jumps on this with an agreement — but they're talking about different games. It doesn't seem like an actual evaluation happened here, just an opportunity to piggyback a read.
I don't understand how this is AI at all since I didn't agree with prism's original assessment of luke's meta, just the conclusion
in this example, as well as my other examples, it appears to me that you don't really have your own reads/you're faking them because it's not obvious to me that there's a process there
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:46 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

If you want to know my thought process you can ask. You don't seem super eager to engage here, which is fine with me but isn't going to help you sort me. I had a reason to TR luke at that time but it seems like you're calling me scum for not voicing it? But no one asked?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:48 am

Infinity I'm doing a catch-up so I'm gonna be living in the past and rushing to put my impressions out there. i'm not gonna be focused on grilling you because the answer can be found in further pages. but you can mount your rebuttals as early as now.
In post 210, Infinity 324 wrote:I think prism's play recently fits much more cleanly into a scum trying to look town mindset, but to call it scummy would be a stretch.
start with this maybe. how is it that you read it as might be scum, but not scummy?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 723, humaneatingmonkey wrote:how is it that you read it as might be scum, but not scummy?
The town mindset was too believable
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Open Games”