Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Prism »

humaneatingmonkey wrote:I really want to believe that Prism is town.
This is weird to me given that my statements today. I would have expected the opposite feeling.

817 is a big step up in quality of content IMO. I still think this is fakeable but it's much better play and I'm grateful.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:04 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

14 to 20
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:06 am

just imagine: you guys are in 24 hours before deadline. I was still barely in page 13. it feels like i'm playing 2 games in which i'm trying to read the game to make sense of it, and trying to get people to commit to voting me rather than just making me an easy lazy lynch. that's why i ask you to give me a chance.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I think you're understanding correctly

I agree with prism that you're getting townier

PEdit: I feel like any other elim we'd get here would be easy/lazy

No one has good SRs
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Prism »

In post 811, Ydrasse wrote:When i was skimming earlier human felt town to me or maybe the frustration did because i don't have a better reason to really say the posts were towny, but that's a vibe i feel is too broad recently but idk, like them fighting off being elimmed or whatever and then luke replied and i was like "really feels like they're someone in a shitty situation"

I feel like I walked back the vote on child too early but after that list it wasn't feeling good but when they posted a bit more it became a tiny bit like "I could see it"
In post 813, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 810, humaneatingmonkey wrote:It's cool to me that Ydrasse is not using her game apathy to put a half-hearted vote on me and then ditching when she could do exactly that and I think that makes her more likely to be town
I Will Die For you
I'm quoting these together. The first quote doesn't seem to care at all about this being human's modus operandi for appeals, 765, and I find 813 straight up bizarre and kind of nonsensical? Ydrasse has thrown her vote around all day on Infinity/Child but never touched the Johnny slot. At one point she has them in "could vote" but at another point takes 0 interest in it.

I think there's an argument she was more concerned with an active scumread but skirting around the inactive slot all day is ?_? which is why I just think they're both scum.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 830, Prism wrote:skirting around the inactive slot all day is ?_?
Oh I just ISO'd ydrasse and I agree
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Ydrasse »

If you wanna vote me i'll be an afk stump probably for a few days
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Ydrasse »

My gospel will be to kill infinity
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ydrasse where are you getting the idea that you can read me
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 834, Infinity 324 wrote:Ydrasse where are you getting the idea that you can read me
Openwolf
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Prism »

In post 833, Ydrasse wrote:My gospel will be to kill infinity
Why?

I would encourage revisiting page 22
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:16 am

In post 829, Infinity 324 wrote:No one has good SRs
Please reconsider your townreads! ISO them. IDK. Just please disabuse yourself of this notion that there's 8 town in a 9 player game. Scum is probably playing a very very good game right now.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:17 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I ISO'd them

I don't think there's enough info in the thread to find the scum in my townreads
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:18 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

You could follow the hectic strategy of "I'll force myself to have 2 scumreads since there are 2 scum", but that's going to lead to a lot of false positives.

Yeah scum could be playing really well, if so we probably can't catch them yet. Direct engagement will help, a larger body of content will help
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:19 am

Fidget's reads in #484 and #485 gives a lot of leeway on herself to flip her reads on some slots. Like she'd call a slot town, and then give a scenario that they're scum. It just doesn't seem like an actual stance to me.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:22 am

even #486 and #487.

Actually I'll just re-quote it so it's fresh for your memory.
In post 484, Fidget wrote:Sure being an object of focus is kinda "nyeh" but I also am unsure I've exhibited too much I couldn't do as scum. The aforementioned not just sitting on you is fair though. I'm more referring to Hectic, T3, whoever else having me as decent town early. I would kill to know why although it's partially my curiosity asking as I'm not certain it will be productive or not.
In post 475, Infinity 324 wrote:Prism I believe I've seen you play scum a couple other times, I remember reading a couple of your posts from a recent normal and a newbie I think and wondering how scum could possibly post those things. Even just skimming the post you linked here I'm wondering about what your approach would be here to control the narrative, and I need a lot of evidence that you're trying and failing to control the narrative to satisfactorily answer the question of "what the hell happened for scum!prism to get into this situation?" I wouldn't call it a townread yet, but
It feels like you're arguing why Prism could be scum rather than why Prism is scum. You've mentioned this before that Prism has a wide scumrange, and that's certainly fair, although exactly why you find Prism scummy has been unclear to me. You've countered reasons for townreading Prism, but what's your suspicion? I suppose it's a gut level read and hard to articulate. My point is just that it seems like you're countering "Prism couldn't be scum" logic more than addressing why Prism is scum in the first place.
In post 474, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 469, T3 wrote:I don't totally get the case against Prism.
In post 471, T3 wrote:Johhny, Faries, and Prism are my top 3 scum after a reread.
What changed in this 14 min game here?

Like what did you see in the reread that you missed the first time?
Another thing that draws me to townreading T3. If you're scum keeping track of reads, I feel like one of your most prevalent forged reads would be the very last post you made 10 min ago.

I get that opportunism is a thing but so blatant and unnecessary seems like and odd move. Prism didn't need more attackers, especially when my stance and Infinity's are still unclear or leaning suspecting.

This is a pretty dumb take by me if T3 really is scum and genuinely just isn't keeping track of their faked reads and posts whatever on the fly. It's possible, I just find it less likely compared to inconsistent town thoughts at the moment. Cause I see (and feel that myself) as town all the time.
In post 460, Infinity 324 wrote:Oh I missed it since you quoted a bunch of stuff to me

I said I was waiting for fidget to townpost but she hasn't yet :(
In post 461, Ydrasse wrote:fair

yeah i’m just waiting on some good takes
Out of curiosity, do you either of you two know who I am? I don't respond to guesses or anything but some people just know.

On one hand, waiting for me to show my true colours is a tried and true tactic since there is a distinct difference when I turn on. On the other, it doesn't typically happen on the first day. I just found it moderately interesting you're both taking an interest with me this way.
In post 485, Fidget wrote:
In post 483, Prism wrote:So who are you thinking about/wanting to look at right now? I imagine there are still thoughts about me swirling around, but curious as to where you go from here.
My feelings on Johnny are pretty much in stasis as I don't believe he's come back since then. He's.. probably my current guess. He got traction quite easily, but I can buy that from D1 in a game where he'd only have one partner. And there's been you as a counter, so whatever.

In my mind, Johnny TMIing you and Hectic as town is probably my favored view of the game, and his partner is just whoever. Don't really have an opinion there.

I could be falling into a trap of townreading the actives but I'm at least inclined to say I'm not, I felt decent about my Hectic lean and I don't really have an opinion on you outoide of gut but the threads relative ease towards killing you bolsters my confidence slightly.

Out of the rest of the cast I think Lukewarm and T3 are most town and I'm gray on Infinity, ydrasse, and Fairies. I had tiny points in favor of the first two earlier in the game but nothing that makes me feel fantastic.
In post 486, Fidget wrote:Actually yeah there was more with Infinity with regards to her approach to your wagon that seemed genuine to me though, forgot abt that yesterday. I'd probably say she's a bit less likely, I don't think her stances towards you were *quite* necessary. After a town elim on you that seems like a lot of stress for relatively little gain. Feel more likely it's town that believes you're scum but without a good reason why. Not certain though
In post 487, Fidget wrote:If Fairy and Johnny are my bottom players though that is really just less active players = scummier, sigh. Johnny suspicion still likely my best lead at the moment. Guess it falls apart if I'm reading you or Hectic wrong.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Prism »

I have more thoughts on exactly why I'm keeping this vote, and find it unlikely that I personally will move, but I'd really like to hear more from Hectic, Child, & T3.

T3 is a tossup to me while Child I can see going either way but would lean town on atm. Hypothetically Child could have just stolen the alternatives I suggested but I think it's weird to just vote/unvote/revote me on a cyclical basis as scum and the combativeness w/r/t me calling them out and being rude to Infinity felt very legitimate.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:26 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Prism why couldn't fidget be scum trying to get towncred/pocket you by unvoting you, if monkey is town there's no need to be opportunistic
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:31 am

In post 500, Ydrasse wrote:like “i think this person is scum/has some bad takes/etc” and sees them voting someone and goes “well i wouldn’t be opposed but we should give them time but if it’s not good enough fine we can kill the slot.”

maybe it’s the fact child is interacting like that with someone they don’t trust and don’t consider the implications of said person voting someone else.

i’m trying to work out in my head if child/johnny could be together based on that because it feels like child doesn’t really want johnny dead but is willing to bite the bullet given his absence/lack of control on the game.
I agree
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Prism »

In post 843, Infinity 324 wrote:Prism why couldn't fidget be scum trying to get towncred/pocket you by unvoting you, if monkey is town there's no need to be opportunistic
I don't think that's the only reason she's town given the depth+explanations elsewhere but that was the strongest one liner I saw. I wouldn't call it surefire but it leaves a lot of room for uncertainty in the day's result, and given that she saw Chara's Folly she knows I am very capable of becoming universally townread on a dime. How dangerous that uncertainty is depends on her hypothetical partner. Unvoting isn't set in stone and gives a lot of flexibility, but she did not wind up revoting and here we are. I will revisit this slot at some point and do want more, and should probably revisit, but I'm fine thinking she's town atm.

In contrast I think Ydrasse got cold feet when she should have found a reason to vote me, and she's spent all day going after the LHF that's not Johnny.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:34 am

In post 845, Prism wrote:Unvoting isn't set in stone and gives a lot of flexibility, but she did not wind up revoting and here we are
She couldn't because momentum died when Infinity moved on.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Ydrasse »

Lhf is such a dumb concept tbh

Also I literally don't have an interest in voting you and don't have an interest in sniffing out reasons and i don't get your fascination with me townreading you and not seeing the reasons to go against something i actually feel solid in this game
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Prism »

I don't disagree but I still find the unvote and showing up to begin with +town.

In Chara's Folly I went from minor townread to "WHERE SHE GOES WE ALL GO" level townread without even wanting that to be the case, and Fidget has demonstrated thorough knowledge of that game. Saying no to my elim as scum in that position is doing so knowing there's she is unlikely to ever get that chance again.

I don't feel I can defend her any further without revisiting, though, which I might do later tonight.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:37 am

In post 848, Prism wrote:I don't feel I can defend her any further without revisiting, though, which I might do later tonight.
Please do!

Return to “Completed Open Games”