OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

as someone who has kinda been in fakegod's shoes it can be very suffocating to be told that what you are doing its hurtful personally especially if its just you, playing the game you know

if i were fakegod, id feel very uncomfortable playing this game if someone told me that me scumreading them hurts them personally because i like to throw out my reads a lot and like if i cant do that, why am i playing
idk just dont take offense to people playing the game and saying things like "i think ur scum" and fakegod will become a free elf
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

or the most positive mindset gamma is whenever someone scumreads you even if ur town what you think is wow, this person thinks highly of my scumgame

in fact it should be outrageous whenever townreads you for something silly because that means they think that lowly of your scumgame
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i am personally wounded by everyone who townreads me and thinks so lowly of my scumgame
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That’s kinda fair
It’s just the confidence in the post where FG voted me felt unreal
Like based on the context FG decided I was scum off of my first post, which was me reacting to your post and expressing excitement to play with FG for the first time
That’s not enough to say “we should kill this” imo. Maybe in a chat mafia environment that tracks, because you have less time to read people, and I’ve been legitimately caught out like that. But I don’t think reaching that sort of conclusion off one post in forum mafia makes sense. My brain then filled in the blanks by assuming the worst of FG’s motives. That’s a problem I have a lot, where I assume the worst of people.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yeah i mean i read it as hyperbole and i can see why it'd be annoying if you read it as pure truth but i think FG's motive for saying that is never something like "i dont want to play with gamma lulz" (because if that were the case, he could've just /out the playerlist)

probably best to assume everyone's intention this game is related to their alignment, and assuming they are trying to advance their win condition by hopefully as town, eliminating people they think are scum and scum just trying to do whatever rather than anything personal

in fact because you signed up on your main it would be pretty impossible for anyone to have a personal issue with you so there is never a need to even go there
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

and looking on it you were legit the first person to sign up so i really doubt anyone has a personal issue with you at all this game and you've played with like everyone so nobody is going to find out that they have a personal issue and so like no need to think about it
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 771, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 768, FakeGod wrote:You know how you get into a fight with a player and every time you return to thread, that's all you see?
yeah... unfortunately i do
FITE ME, BIRD!

But seriously, I don't want you to take my dismissal of your plan as a "I didn't read this and consider it".

What I am suggesting is this:

Today we are making a hood with 9 people. 1 person will be deaded. That leaves 7 people as not in hoods. Tomorrow we will be making a hood with either 8 or 9 people based on whether we hit scum today. It's not going to be particularly hard to prevent a 6th hood from forming, even if we shoot for a large amount of overlap in the hoods, and especially if we just leash the first vig shots to be anyone in the 6th hood. Your plan is very reliant on accurate reads D1, which I think is a bad approach to take, especially when you add in the difficulty of vote herding. If we can ensure that today's hood is mostly people who are going to remain in the game long term (hence replacing scummy on wagon votes with townread players once the elim is decided) then we have a central hood of ~9 voices and satellite hoods containing the remaining players. (5 town controlled eliminations means this is between 3 and 7 players assuming scum doesn't selfhammer or out themselves qh-ing today.)

I'm actively avoiding talking about how we want to approach future hoods because that will taint the process of scumhunting today, when we have the freedom of playing this like a normal game of mafia and generating mostly normal reads, which everyone in the lobby will be able to do compared to the mechanically inclined people who can set up long term goals.

PEdit: I just came back to my computer, but I wrote this hours ago and am not sure I hit submit. I'm going to hit submit now and if it's a multipost y'all can deal with it.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

i missed a lot is there stuff that's not about mechanics because i don't really care about the mechanics
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VOTE: LavarManos
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:46 pm

Guilty Lion is scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

why? I don't think so myself
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:53 pm

In post 785, Gamma Emerald wrote:why? I don't think so myself
I retract the read, in trying to find the example for you I realized that I conflated two players as Guilty Lion, so of course the progression made no sense :oops:

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

you know what, I'm intrigued. Who'd you get confused for him?
<Embrace The Void>

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

alright bangle, we can kick the bucket to d2
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Dusa »

I think LavarManos is town! When he shared thoughts earlier it seemed like he had had them all along!

I'm behind! Please forgive me!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:22 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 789, Dusa wrote:I think LavarManos is town! When he shared thoughts earlier it seemed like he had had them all along!

I'm behind! Please forgive me!
Are you saying this just to be a devil's advocate or do you actually think he has been townie?
Qoobee
Qoobee
Townie
Qoobee
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Qoobee »

Apologies I will have very limited access for the next week.

I am roughly 17 pages behind rn ;_;
Qoobee
Qoobee
Townie
Qoobee
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by Qoobee »

here is a pretty picture of the beach tho:

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 782, Save The Dragons wrote:i missed a lot is there stuff that's not about mechanics because i don't really care about the mechanics
Weird read list from Solo, GE started putting down good content, I still don't really like yours, generic paranoia wrt Dann, etc. Basically the only mech stuff has been me and oka's back and forth.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Save the Dragons
I'm not enthused by his posting myself and I think my vote should be elsewhere if I'm trying to rebuild the bridge with FG
<Embrace The Void>

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:05 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'm not feeling Savethedragons as scum so much anymore.

But also, am I crazy or did OkaPoka and Gamma Emerald both not just totally townspew all over the place? I will pre-face that I do think Gamma Emerald wears his emotions on his sleeve as both alignments, but in general as scum, the breadth and depth of your emotion is going to be a little stunted. That is, the internal thought processes of town are usually a lot more complex, and I feel like I'm seeing that re: Gamma's navigation of his fight with FakeGod. Specifically, #778 contains a sort of earnestness about the thought processes that lead to his emotional outbursts that feels genuine. It's a human moment with Oka that reveals his inner thought processes in a natural way instead of a scummy "here's what I'm thinking so I can manipulate you into thinking I'm town" way. That post in particular sticks out to me but I also already town read Gamma.

Now, I might be reading into OkaPoka's general good disposition and the fact that he is a good person and attributing that to towniness, but I don't think that's all there is to it. I also recognize that inserting oneself into a "town mediator" role is a great way to earn town cred, but I still think Oka jumping in when he did there is like, slight towny points? There's other reasons I'm starting to come around to Oka too. I like that he hasn't dropped the mechanics (or didn't for a while). I was against the talk at first because it makes a very easy environment for scum to come and say nice sounding stuff, but Oka's been consistently spouting his own views to go along with that so like... I'm not mad. I don't want to not have a strategy going into this setup. I find his continued suspicion not very weird because Oka usually doesn't town read me anyway. I guess I still don't have a strong town read here but I'm starting to understand his process this game better. I definitely don't think he's town because he's been "enthusiastic," if anything his despair is more towny than not.

Speaking of which, I had a moment earlier today where I was paranoiaing Bingle scum. I've talked myself out of it by now but I'm still kind of mystified by him this game. One thing that's kind of stood out to me is that he's doing a lot of "don't town read X," which is all well and good, but a lot of it seems kind of perfunctory. Like, duh people shouldn't town read Oka because he's enthusiastic, but is Oka even particularly enthusiastic this game? Honestly, he seems kind of subdued and I'm not the only one who has noticed that. Idk some of the things Bingle has been harping on just seem a little surface level. @Bingle maybe you can help me out here by talking a little bit more about any thoughts you do have on Oka? Or even me for that matter? I don't understand why you're trusting me as town for now or whatever
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:06 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 786, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 785, Gamma Emerald wrote:why? I don't think so myself
I retract the read, in trying to find the example for you I realized that I conflated two players as Guilty Lion, so of course the progression made no sense :oops:
I think this post is towny

Don't think DGB is the type of player to fake a post like this
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I expect Oka still wants an explanation for my dramatic heel turn on Hypothermia. Basically, as this game was marinating in my head while I worked today I realized Hypothermia wouldn't give me the same feeling as scum she has in the past. In the past, I've associated her scum play with pockety charisma focused vibe play, hence the sickly sweet feeling. But THEN
I vibe less on alts and play more seriously.
which like fine, but I still don't really have a reason to town read her. I 1. didn't really like her unvote of Gamma in that she was just like "I'll revisit this" instead of like, trying to engage or sort Gamma any further. And now has sat on her vote for quite a while and since being outed has moved more towards vibing. I didn't like the fact that she didn't vote me either when Yuri asked her too despite her immediate previous interactions with him and the "carry me" comment. It reads like she's hesitant to put down a vote after I and a few others called out her vote on Gamma. That's maybe not scum indicative on its own but I don't particularly like the fact that she's null voting and then a presumed known player (that she thinks is good?) tells her to vote me and she slows down and asks why, despite Yuri already spending time talking about me. Idk I feel a lot of the time town just votes here even if they don't particularly scum read me, because hey wagon and Yuri is a commanding voice. It doesn't really fit the pure easy going picture of Hypothermia that I imagine but I don't actually know what that looks like completely and that could be obfuscated by her playing on an alt.

Basically @Hypothermia, I need to know where you're at post-Gamma, because it feels like you're not even sure yourself and I'm worried you're struggling for natural reads now.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:18 pm

Post by Dannflor »

@Yuri, can you explain what your deal is with Bingle now and why on earth you seemingly just dropped trying to engage with or pressure him? That feels like a thread that got cut off very abruptly.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by northsidegal »

-
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”