OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:42 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Because i think his arguing that he is going to sheep someone elses mech especially given the context of the plan not being fleshed out all is him editing himself

At the time mech was being discussed still because there was no agreed upon idea and yuri comes in and basically says shut up. Remember that me n bingle were arguing about mech because bingle thought my plan would lose us the game.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 822, Save The Dragons wrote:how come DGB gets to be LHF but i'm just scummy
You've said you're low hanging fruit, but my limited experience with you doesn't really enforce that belief. You were fine in Naughts and you were endgame town in Defcon. I do have the experience to know that DGB tends not to be listened to by people who've joined the site since about 2016.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 899, Titus wrote:Dann, your dream better not be a prophecy.
This setup is inherently anti VCA, although the plan of play through most of D1 as a normal game of mafia does mitigate that slightly.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:46 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 871, Titus wrote:STD largely has the same people.
I've been poking people without using my vote for a while. Not entirely sure who else is still on the STD wagon.

It's mostly played out though, yeah.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Bingle »

STD tell me about your Gamma read, specifically wrt the last 10ish pages.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Titus »

I'm curious. What's people's Solo read?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Dusa
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Dusa
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Dusa »

VOTE: SaveTheDragons
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:50 am

Post by OkaPoka »

weird readslist pinged a lot of people (me after bingle pointed it out) but he hasn't talked since so its kinda just in wait
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 905, Titus wrote:I'm curious. What's people's Solo read?
Check my ISO. I raised a bunch of points (particularly about the reads list) and he hasn't responded yet.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

my first thought was the fakegod fuck part was a ploy by scum to try and cast shade but i shot that down pretty quickly i think gamma just exaggerated what was said which doesn't seem particularly AI

i think i'm leaning back towards town but i'm not sure i want to see more
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:55 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Spoiler: cw mechanics, dann clicky click here but nobody else need to click if u dont like
also just want to point one thing, slight thing with regards to mech dann

choosing to play d1 normally as possible is a mechanical decision because it will require correcting in the future, if you want to know why well you can read up. there is no world where we can escape mechanics. okay that's my spiel about mechanics. ive agreed with bingle at this point that we just play d1 normally and bother with other stuff later, probably d2-d3 to try and fix any glaring holes that might form. but we can ignore mech now but that's the benefit of having talked about mechanics is that we are on the same page.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

im going to try my hand at vca wrt to yuri wagon, hi titus

dgb unvote at the time it happened (when guilty voted) probably means dgb/yuri maybe aligned? at least if yuri is town, dgb town stonks go way up while yuri is scum, dgb scum stonks go slightly up.

guilty/unowen/dusa all have slight +scum equity i suppose for blind sheeping me in a way and scum probably want to be on lead wagons regardless of yuri's alignment. however its unlikely that all three r scum. 1 or 2 probs yeah? rule of three maybe?

bell unknown because he was first vote and is not really related to this.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

add titus to the guilty/unowen/dusa i think because i think titus would understand how the setup works

i don't think yuri's alignment really changes after being wagoned, scum probably just want to be on a leading wagon and i think someone like yuri wouldn't say in scum pt, don't wagon me u lil shits
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Titus »

Oka, that's not the rule of 3. I could see a scummy hop on or two though.

It's a little early for true vca (no flips) but I don't find anything you're saying objectionable. My objection is a procedural one, not a logical one.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 912, OkaPoka wrote:add titus to the guilty/unowen/dusa i think because i think titus would understand how the setup works
I understand. I just don’t care. I'm going to vote my biggest suspect at the time, wagon size be damned.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yeah i mean i dont think im going to vote any of u 4 rn its just me noting down things
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 910, OkaPoka wrote:
Spoiler: cw mechanics, dann clicky click here but nobody else need to click if u dont like
also just want to point one thing, slight thing with regards to mech dann

choosing to play d1 normally as possible is a mechanical decision because it will require correcting in the future, if you want to know why well you can read up. there is no world where we can escape mechanics. okay that's my spiel about mechanics. ive agreed with bingle at this point that we just play d1 normally and bother with other stuff later, probably d2-d3 to try and fix any glaring holes that might form. but we can ignore mech now but that's the benefit of having talked about mechanics is that we are on the same page.
Spoiler:
Yeah, I understand that now. My assumption coming into the game that D1 was likely going to be played as normally as possible because all systems tend towards entropy. That is, even if a few loud players do try to steer a particular direction, most players are still gonna shy away from that and treat it like a normal mafia game. My main intention with coming in and poo pooing mechanical discussion was that I 1. didn't want people to be stuck in analysis paralysis and 2. I didn't want an easy layer of discussion for scum to hide behind. I realize now that my approach to this game was essentially Bingle's and a mechanical choice in its own right but I didn't express that very well coming into things.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 803, Yuri Gagarin wrote:
In post 773, GuiltyLion wrote:I think Oka made a great point about the inconsistency in attitude towards mech talk, I also think jumping in to argue with Bingle about mech talk also feels strange given they claimed to not be interested in it. I don't grok why they suspect Dann or are voting there. I also don't really love their explanation of the suspicion on me but frankly I gotta go and don't have time to collect my thoughts and express them neatly yet, will do that when I return but I do want to push this wagon along
The mech post from bingle was the first thing I saw after arriving back in thread p much, and I wanted to hop on the first post. Trying to characterise that at being at odds with wanting to avoid mech talk *in general* is a reach.
I'm sorry, did I misunderstand something here?
In post 505, Yuri Gagarin wrote:however, also, mechanics is fucking boring and it's beyond depressing that despite like a 2 day break off it's still being discussed
-------
In post 803, Yuri Gagarin wrote:What doesn’t make sense about my push on Dann, given that I explained it what was bothering me about him?
All you did in this post:
In post 578, Yuri Gagarin wrote:he feels off? both in the being more assertive thing but then also in seeming to drift away from that in ISO as I get further down, and some of the stuff in his big reads post just feels lazy -> GE wagon having scum, DGB townread, the solo-performative comment
was call him lazy. Being lazy is not the same as being scummy, especially in a 17 person game. Short of explaining why the positions he's taking actually benefit a scum agenda, all you're doing is just nitpicking at stuff that's vaguely questionable. I don't see why you think any of the stances you highlighted are scum indicative.
In post 804, Yuri Gagarin wrote:Feels significantly like you’re looking for a way onto my wagon there, GL
you're not really wrong here though, I wanted to vote a wagon that would help create content instead of vanity voting a lower activity slot, and your slot is the best combination of presence, a lack of town vibes, and someone getting voted
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 879, Dannflor wrote:but in 5 additional votes on Yuri I haven't seen one new reason that I recall
does each voter need a new reason? A good reason is a good reason, especially when we haven't had any significant wagons yet

I don't especially count the Gamma wagon as all that significant but I'm open to other perspectives there I guess
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I also think in general Yuri's reply and subsequent vote back onto me felt more snarky and meant to discredit me publicly rather than accomplish anything useful
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 887, Dannflor wrote:Bingle as a top tier town read is ???. There's no explanation for the town read on me either despite there being multiple slots Oka/Yuri who scum read me. Why is Oka's Yuri vote spicy? Why is arguing with Bingle about mech talk strange from Yuri when Yuri specifically mentioned scum reading Bingle and also wanting to find someone mechanically minded to sheep? Yuri already expressed why he was voting me, what about that doesn't GL grok?

Like overall, it's a post that surface level looks good and towny but I find the reads list tiers pretty shallow and convenient and I don't really understand how he got to the Yuri vote either.
were you gonna ask me any of this stuff or were you just gonna vote me and wait until someone asked you why

I can't quite explain the Bingle townread right now but in a little bit of time I can give more detail on that. I also in general am not gonna put a ton of effort into justifying early townreads unless my own position has changed and I want to explain, or if someone disagrees and wants to hash it out, especially if they're scumreading the slot in question that I'm townreading. I can point to past completed town games where I take this same position. Also, I was literally about to leave my home when I posted that so it was never gonna be a high effort post in general.

As for Oka/Yuri scumreading you, I didn't especially like either of those scumreads and that's another piece of why I'm not really townreading Yuri and wasn't really sure on Oka. Oka pivoting to voting Yuri was the main thing I liked from him, and it's spicy because it's forming a bigger wagon on a polarizing player with a reason I could get behind
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also Dann, what is your read on Yuri yourself, I just re-skimmed your ISO and didn't see it. Are you townreading that slot or are you just pushing back on people voting it?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 905, Titus wrote:I'm curious. What's people's Solo read?
I didn't like his early posts but I got a town vibe from his reaction to being pushed, namely by UNOwen and Dusa
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 920, GuiltyLion wrote:were you gonna ask me any of this stuff or were you just gonna vote me and wait until someone asked you why
I was gonna wait for you to elaborate and had more time because I assumed at least some of the stuff that was lacking in that post was due to lack of time

but yeah consider me asking now
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 921, GuiltyLion wrote:also Dann, what is your read on Yuri yourself, I just re-skimmed your ISO and didn't see it. Are you townreading that slot or are you just pushing back on people voting it?
I'll respond in a little bit as I'm still kind of in the process of figuring out what I think about Yuri

mostly I just know I find the wagon that's built on them weird

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”