Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:13 am

Post by Tanner »

who said it's a performance? i don't find it very unlikely that he really is pissed off at being wagoned. i'm saying it does not make him town.
re : meh. i don't find "scum!them would've played better" as a convincing reason to townread someone, unless i have prior knowledge of that player that would show me that. though i will keep your point in mind going forward.
re : just because it's unplanned / without obvious scum motivation, i really don't think you can conclude that it's therefore coming from town. scum doesn't plan / screws up sometimes.

why are you voting nakata right now? please tell me it's more interesting than "they're not here so pressure wagon".
your eyes on the city.
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:14 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

Nakata doesn’t think that Robert is town for turning up and posting. Nakata thinks that he may be scum who’s buddies told him he needed to do more. Nakata dislikes the votes on him and thinks there’s scum in them.
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:19 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

In post 775, Morning Tweet wrote:VOTE: Nakata
In post 776, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 746, Robert M Hunter wrote:Here's a read, clidd is scum who refuses to give up on an easy elimination that looks like it could come to fruition soon.
clidd was like your most vocal defender though?
In post 778, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 741, Robert M Hunter wrote:Objectively there are no reasons to town read me that hold water.

But then, the reasons to scum read me seem very opportunistic. Why are players hung up scum-reading me into page 25 or so, because they pretend to be baffled that I didn't know that Datisi = Tanner? They are hanging on to this notion because they know I'm the easy player to eliminate because I work all day long and don't have the leisure to play all day and defend myself immediately, so that false accusations simmer.
so if the reasons to townread u are bad, and the reasons to scumread you are also bad

why are you suspecting either read over the other exactly?
Nakata thinks these posts are incongruent with Morning Tweet’s vote on him.
In post 779, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 777, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What if we have a
DEEPWOLF

(Stares intently at some particular users)
bahhh How deep can a wolf possibly get during the first half of d1

i hav high hopes for this game

Robert tanner clidd townbloc go

im entertaining adding infini andor amy

edajjmndj gka
Nakata doesn’t like that Morning Tweet is trying to force a townbloc so early into the game. Nakata thinks trying to create townblocs is scummy.

VOTE: Morning Tweet
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:20 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

Nakata thinks that friend Tanner is likely town.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:26 am

Post by clidd »

I mean, it's fair for you to suspect him bearing in mind that he hasn't resolved any of your doubts at all (rationally speaking), but I don't see (in a speculative world) a scenario that makes sense scum!Robert purposely playing this way hoping to get something.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:32 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 803, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata thinks that friend Tanner is likely town.
could Nakata elaborate on this?
your eyes on the city.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:39 am

Post by clidd »

why are you voting nakata right now? please tell me it's more interesting than "they're not here so pressure wagon"
My initial positive impression of him dissipated over time and I began to notice a certain "superficiality" regarding his positions. For example, in the short progression:

Spoiler:
In post 141, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata is willing to VOTE: ircher, Nakata thinks that was primarily filler and also that friend NorwegianboyEE seems like he is town.
In post 201, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata is sad that Hectic denied him the opportunity to top the page. Nakata wonders if Flea the Magician is not a friend.
In post 208, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata thinks that Flea The Magician seems more interested in talking about things happening in faer real life and in asking questions to the NPCs than in trying to scumhunt.
In post 386, Satoru Nakata wrote:VOTE: Robert M Hunter

He votes for Ircher, comments on Flea and then votes for Robert.

There may have been an internal process behind these exchanges, but the fact that he doesn't directly interact with any of these slots and doesn't demonstrate impression/thought/read evolution sounds negative to me (which added to his presence in Robert's wagon, which I'm judging as a wagon likely on town, make me more suspicious of the slot).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:40 am

Post by clidd »

Which is also why I'm voting him.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:50 am

Post by clidd »

To be honest, I don't have any arguments outside the (what if) to debate about Robert. His behavior can be interpreted in many ways - I'm just trying to find the more likely (and correct) scenario that makes sense to me (and shows his alignment).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:04 am

Post by clidd »

@Nakata

Could you expand about your fos on Morning?

Clidd is in doubt about Nakata as he doesn't know if Nakata is a real friend, so he would like to understand what he's thinking. If Nakata could help Clidd, Clidd would be very grateful.
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:27 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

In post 805, Tanner wrote:
In post 803, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata thinks that friend Tanner is likely town.
could Nakata elaborate on this?
Nakata has positive vibes from Tanner and thinks that Tanner has a similar mindset to him. Nakata liked the bit where Tanner mentioned that Robert being legitimately pissed doesn't make him any more town.
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:31 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

In post 809, clidd wrote:@Nakata

Could you expand about your fos on Morning?

Clidd is in doubt about Nakata as he doesn't know if Nakata is a real friend, so he would like to understand what he's thinking. If Nakata could help Clidd, Clidd would be very grateful.
Nakata appreciates that Clidd is emulating his manner of speaking, but Nakata would like to inform friend Clidd that this is not necessary for communication -- Nakata is very able to get by with others speaking in their normal style, although if friend Clidd would wish to continue to speak in the third person when communicating with Nakata, Nakata has no problem with this either.

Nakata thinks that Morning Tweet continuing to interrogate Robert in the manner of and means that Morning Tweet is presenting as being unsure of his alignment, yet Morning Tweet is also voting Nakata for thinking that Robert is scummy/applying pressure there. Nakata thinks Morning Tweet's vote doesn't seem to follow what she's thinking, and that her vote is opportunistic.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:33 am

Post by clidd »

Hum.

Maybe it's the language barrier, but I had more than one interpretation of your post.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:37 am

Post by clidd »

[1] you're saying that Morning, by voting for you after it was theorized that your presence in Robert's wagon was scummy, would be indirectly agreeing with this hypothesis and consequently being dissonant, but she could just find you individually scummy, although I recognize that her read on you is cloudy prior to the vote.

[2] you're saying that her vote should be on Robert according to what she's been verbalizing (and not you). If that's the case, yep I agree it's weird (and worth questioning).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:44 am

Post by clidd »

Do you have more reads to share (descriptives)? if not, a readlist would be useful just to give me an idea of ​​​​the position of the slots in your head. I feel like this "Morning thing" is something that town/scum!you could argue equally and the tonality of your personality didn't suggest anything ai to me about your slot.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:49 am

Post by clidd »

@Morning

Could you describe the transition from your past and current impression of Nakata before the vote? Did you have any influence from a particular post (quote) or was it a spontaneous conclusion? (considering that the vote took place late).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:59 am

Post by clidd »

In post 814, clidd wrote:Do you have more reads to share (descriptives)? if not, a readlist would be useful just to give me an idea of ​​​​the position of the slots in your head. I feel like this "Morning thing" is something that town/scum!you could argue equally and the tonality of your personality didn't suggest anything ai to me about your slot.
@Nakata

Actually, can you expand ? specifically in the part of:
Nakata thinks that he may be scum who’s buddies told him he needed to do more
Robert showed no cooperation even after returning. If the scum buddies, in a scum!Robert context, asked him to do more, why wasn't there any attempt on his part to argue the charges without AtE? wouldn't scum!Robert be inclined to play in a more controlled way so as not to attract more votes assuming he was being instructed by scumpartners?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:04 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

cuz robert is incapable of being conciliatory. it has nothing to do with alignment lol
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:13 am

Post by clidd »

Does this trait affect your read on him, Pooky? ^
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:30 am

I can't read crazy people
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:34 am

Post by clidd »

In post 793, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I strongly recall that you were an really easy townread in that game. But here i just get the impression you’re not doing much of actual towny behaviour as opposed to just kinda being here and making meh content. You’re not even that strong of an presence considering the medium amount of posts you have.
I don’t trust it.
VOTE: Infinity 324
Infinity stills null to me, but I sympathize with your impression about her.

One theory I was thinking about was that this could be purposeful (something like Ircher trying an alternative game), since in my experience with town/scum!Infinity she seemed capable of producing content. But I haven't had time to develop an expressive read on her yet (by play).

Fine push anyways.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:39 am

Post by clidd »

In post 819, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I can't read crazy people
Do you have other reads?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:45 am

yup
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:47 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 821, clidd wrote:
In post 819, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I can't read crazy people
Do you have other reads?
Pooky's got your back.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:15 am

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 796, Tanner wrote:
In post 705, Amy Dunne wrote:
In post 552, Tanner wrote:pedit: i vaguely remember seeing town!robert act a bit more freely in the game i modded, but (1) been a while ago and (2) not like i was putting in effort into reading him there. i'll try to skim his completed games at some point to see if anything interesting pops up. maybe. idk i hate meta research.
That would be really helpful.
debatable. second-hand meta usually just makes me tunnel what i already think. and you'd think that would stop me from saying "i should do meta research" but it does not.

do you plan on linking that "slip" from tse?
In post 769, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Tanner i’m very interested in your response now.
here's a take - i see absolutely nothing town-indicative in what robert has posted in his return.

upon getting back, he started getting pissy, doing the most surface-level omgus. he repeated not once, not twice, but three times that he's mad he's being wagoned for "not knowing alt accounts". i explicitly said that i don't give a shit he didn't know who i am - my problem is that his original attack on me and his reaction upon learning about the alt both reek of scum. his original points on me were garbage, and he has showed no re-evaluation of my slot upon learning the new info. even now! he chose to completely ignore me and what i'm saying (and why i'm voting him) and instead just go omgus someone else. you'd think town!him would, i don't know, at least *address* his read on me (you know, the thing that got him into this mess in the first place) by this point?

why the hell are people reading him as town? because he got mad? like, ircher called him out, he wasn't doing jack shit other than being mad and insisting he's being wagoned for not knowing alts. that's not town-indicative behaviour. and the "it's obvious i won't make it to night so people defending me are suspicious" like, you had 3 votes as an early day wagon, who the hell are you kidding by pretending to think your yeet is already set in stone?
Spoiler:
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:13 pm

In post 2664, Dats Mist wrote:
Imagine reading the OP to see who is in their slot now.
-D

I’m dumb.
Ok why TF did Danfloor not answer the question?
I also referred it to Eclipse slot in general.

VOTE: Danfloor
Dats Mist
Goon

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:08 pm

Imagine reading the OP to see who is in their slot now.
-D
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:05 pm

Did I miss something?
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:05 pm

What. The. Fuck.
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:03 pm