Ich Troje
Ich Troje
Goon
Ich Troje
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Ich Troje »

oh nvm they do know my main - people who know my main would play much more carefully even if I'm townreading them lol
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 547, skitter30 wrote:for the pairing to go through scum-you needs to at least do lip-service to the notion of townreading him?

you didn't have a read before on him i think, you can't just go 'trust a50' upon him saying he would pair with you when you don't have an established read on him without that looking incredibly suspicious
I didn't have one verbalized but it was summarized as "his entrance was a bit towny." Which, as it's after the fact, take with a grain of salt if you want.

If he asked (which to be honest I think he would if he got PP/you or something to go through) I could probably do the bare minimum given his effort in expressing the read in depth and then boom, I'm out. It just feels, to me, that there are a myriad of other ways to do 'lip-service' that I'd care for were I scum.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 506, Vulture wrote:This game currently feels like it's a bit brainless for me personally. I dunno how to feel about Ich wanting to leave with me though and it's like, I could go either way on their alignment.
meh this is like the closest thing he has to a read on you and i don't think he could have tried to go for an ich/vulture pairing yesterday what with the t3/ss thing lingering

idk i don't think this point is quite so strong @ich as you/him weren't going to be a viable pairing yesterday
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 544, Ich Troje wrote:skitter, consider that I have expressed a willingness to pair with vulture and the easy way for them would be to just follow me along(since they do not know my meta here as my identity isn't quite public within this game afaik)
You were alt guessed fairly publicly by s_s and T3 if that factors in.
<(") | (")>
Ich Troje
Ich Troje
Goon
Ich Troje
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Ich Troje »

In post 549, Almost50 wrote:@skitts: I can't really explain the Vulture TR using words, but -at least- I can now explain the SR on Ich:
In post 347, Ich Troje wrote:i dont understand quite whats going on here but this is town a50 im pretty sure based on complexity lmao
In post 536, Ich Troje wrote:except scum are going to be getting desperate after failing to get into a pairing on d1 if they aren't outside the PoE.

you and a50 are fairly consensus PoE by the others. trying to appeal to people within the PoE rather than outside is a pretty decent way for scum to get a trust going there.
Once pretty sure I was Town, now trying to appeal to people in the PoE (except I declared Vulture to be my top TR way early into D1 that I didn't even know who ws leaving and who would be included in said PoE). Ya feel?
damn not having static reads = scummy now RIP !!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Wow - slow game suddenly blows up
<(") | (")>
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@skitter: I am a bit confused. Are distrusting me, Vulture, or both?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Ich Troje
Ich Troje
Goon
Ich Troje
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by Ich Troje »

its because now we have flips
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

[tab][/tab]
In post 549, Almost50 wrote:Once pretty sure I was Town, now trying to appeal to people in the PoE (except I declared Vulture to be my top TR way early into D1 that I didn't even know who ws leaving and who would be included in said PoE). Ya feel?
thanks i appreciate your explanation
against the bit that i don't understand is that i think he still townreads you in the second quote, he's just saying that *other peopel* poe read you and is thus assessing the gamestate from there
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by Vulture »

Ich's personality is one of the most... personality-ish.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 551, Vulture wrote:
In post 547, skitter30 wrote:for the pairing to go through scum-you needs to at least do lip-service to the notion of townreading him?

you didn't have a read before on him i think, you can't just go 'trust a50' upon him saying he would pair with you when you don't have an established read on him without that looking incredibly suspicious
I didn't have one verbalized but it was summarized as "his entrance was a bit towny." Which, as it's after the fact, take with a grain of salt if you want.

If he asked (which to be honest I think he would if he got PP/you or something to go through) I could probably do the bare minimum given his effort in expressing the read in depth and then boom, I'm out. It just feels, to me, that there are a myriad of other ways to do 'lip-service' that I'd care for were I scum.
i am afraid i am going to have to take that read with a grain of salt
i'm not sure what the difference is between 'doing the bare minimum given his effort in expressing the read in depth' and how you explained your townread on him 2 pages ago
like from my pov you kinda did exactly what you're saying scum-you would do to take that pairing?
like yeah he didn't ask yet but he's indicating he's willing to?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 556, Almost50 wrote:@skitter: I am a bit confused. Are distrusting me, Vulture, or both?
i'm distrusting vulture
i'm townreading-ish you. there's some people i would want to leave before you
but i definitely don't scumread you
Show
Hiatus once more.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 558, skitter30 wrote:against the bit that i don't understand is that i think he still townreads you in the second quote, he's just saying that *other peopel* poe read you and is thus assessing the gamestate from there
Reread his follow up posts.

Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 560, skitter30 wrote:
In post 551, Vulture wrote:

i am afraid i am going to have to take that read with a grain of salt
i'm not sure what the difference is between 'doing the bare minimum given his effort in expressing the read in depth' and how you explained your townread on him 2 pages ago
like from my pov you kinda did exactly what you're saying scum-you would do to take that pairing?
like yeah he didn't ask yet but he's indicating he's willing to?
Fair enough.

To me, the difference is "I slip it in at a time when people are less likely to question it" over "Oh, I like this, let me ring it out." Perhaps the miscommunication is that I do bare minimum as subtle and my expression of read earlier as not, which isn't bare minimum.

He is willing to but I'm equally unwilling to do so unless people are fine with it. Which again, grain of salt, but my individual want doesn't seem as important as everyone chiming in.
Ich Troje
Ich Troje
Goon
Ich Troje
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by Ich Troje »

you have been in my bottom 4 fairly consistently throughout the game.

thats poe.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 561, skitter30 wrote:
In post 556, Almost50 wrote:@skitter: I am a bit confused. Are distrusting me, Vulture, or both?
i'm distrusting vulture
i'm townreading-ish you. there's some people i would want to leave before you
but i definitely don't scumread you
Would you be upset if I trusted Vulture and left now regardless of the flips? Or would you only be upset if it turns out one of us is red??

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 530, Ich Troje wrote:a50 lowkey rushing to pair with a person who townreads them but trying to not seem as though they are, how quaint.
@a50 are you talking abt this post? otherwise i'm not sure what you're referring to
this read is baseless (vulture wasn't townreading you) and i'm not even sure it implies a scumread on you

pedit nm apparently it does
i don't find this progression to be scummy tho, and i'm not sure i understand why you do
Show
Hiatus once more.

Ich Troje
Ich Troje
Goon
Ich Troje
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Ich Troje »

it turns out when someone seems extra desperate to get a quick trustfall that can tend to alter a read on them
Ich Troje
Ich Troje
Goon
Ich Troje
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Ich Troje »

whatever im not gonna get annoyed rn

i should have been sleeping a while ago. goodnight
Ich Troje
Ich Troje
Goon
Ich Troje
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Ich Troje »

maybe i misread something and misworded some shit but my read on the vibes of what a50 is pushing is still not sitting right with me at all and thats my overall point in terms of that.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 563, Vulture wrote:To me, the difference is "I slip it in at a time when people are less likely to question it" over "Oh, I like this, let me ring it out." Perhaps the miscommunication is that I do bare minimum as subtle and my expression of read earlier as not, which isn't bare minimum.

He is willing to but I'm equally unwilling to do so unless people are fine with it. Which again, grain of salt, but my individual want doesn't seem as important as everyone chiming in.
ok thanks, i appreciate the explanation and i see what you mean
i guess i'm still dubious that scum wouldn't reciprocate a read when all they need to do is get the one townie to trust them and he was p willing to
like i get that you're saying you'd be more subtle but idk scum don't always play perfectly and i think that while it would have been *ideal* to be more subtle as scum i think the natural reaction as scum there is sort of exactly what you did
Show
Hiatus once more.

Ich Troje
Ich Troje
Goon
Ich Troje
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Ich Troje »

because mainly with the context of umlaut saying they requested vulture/I pair before that it was something that particularly stood out to me
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Fuck it. I'd rather be wrong now than wait to see it happen on -the equivalent of- Elo.

TRUST: Vulture

Ich Troje
Ich Troje
Goon
Ich Troje
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Ich Troje »

lmao and the scumclaim
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@skitts: Sorry, but I am overly frustrated right now. (It won't be hard for you to find out why if you wanted to)

Return to “Completed Open Games”