Open 820: The Siege of Aurelia — Game Over!

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 498, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 497, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 494, skitter30 wrote:i find the fact that unwnd took gate to be rather scummy honestly
I find unwnd scummy, yes.
Nope - I meant catboi
catboi didn't take gate
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:49 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 499, catboi wrote:So what do you think of unwnd?
No strong opinion.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:50 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 500, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 498, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 497, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 494, skitter30 wrote:i find the fact that unwnd took gate to be rather scummy honestly
I find unwnd scummy, yes.
Nope - I meant catboi
catboi didn't take gate
Right…I meant I found catboi scummy, not unwnd. I confused their avatars.
<(") | (")>
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:07 am

Post by catboi »

In post 501, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 499, catboi wrote:So what do you think of unwnd?
No strong opinion.
Okay
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:27 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

PP/S_S/Skitter at Wall leaves no good place for scum!catboi to be swapped. PP, Skitter, Implosion and I all SR him, so having 2 of each of us at the other 2 stations makes it dangerous to swap him. Makes it hard for scum!catboi to get get out of having to keep his hammer promise at Keep. If Catboi is town though I can see scum!Dunn and scum!unwnd which means to swap town!catboi out they have to leave scum!dunn in Keep.

In this case of town!Catboi I'm not really worried about implosion being scum as one of he or unwnd has to be swapped, and I think making scum make a swap that involves Gate is ideal.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:07 am

Post by catboi »

Why would you expect any rational scum play to revolve around swapping me? It gets incredibly annoying having to fend off these hypotheticals that are supposed to inform your decision-making when they rest on these assumptions that make no sense. What does scum!cat gain from swapping to the gate or the wall? The fearmongering is nonsensical at this point.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:21 am

Post by T3 »

I feel like I need a chart with everyone's avatars and then a line of different colors to whoever scumreads the other person :P
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:29 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 505, catboi wrote:Why would you expect any rational scum play to revolve around swapping me? It gets incredibly annoying having to fend off these hypotheticals that are supposed to inform your decision-making when they rest on these assumptions that make no sense. What does scum!cat gain from swapping to the gate or the wall? The fearmongering is nonsensical at this point.
Scum!cat gets out of their obligation to be the hammer vote at Keep by swapping out of Keep, to the Gate or Wall. Literally the answer to your question is posted in the post you are referring to, so what is the point of asking me these questions? <-Not asking rhetorically.
In post 504, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Makes it hard for scum!catboi to get get out of having to keep his hammer promise at Keep.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:40 am

Post by catboi »

In post 507, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 505, catboi wrote:Why would you expect any rational scum play to revolve around swapping me? It gets incredibly annoying having to fend off these hypotheticals that are supposed to inform your decision-making when they rest on these assumptions that make no sense. What does scum!cat gain from swapping to the gate or the wall? The fearmongering is nonsensical at this point.
Scum!cat gets out of their obligation to be the hammer vote at Keep by swapping out of Keep, to the Gate or Wall. Literally the answer to your question is posted in the post you are referring to, so what is the point of asking me these questions? <-Not asking rhetorically.
In post 504, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Makes it hard for scum!catboi to get get out of having to keep his hammer promise at Keep.
What good do you expect that to
do
for me, though? In such a scenario, I remain a scumread at a location where people can vote me directly, meanwhile my teammate gets stuck at the keep with stronger townreads where they are less likely to win. It feels like you're just narrative-building with absolutely no sense of how my actions are supposed to play toward the scum win condition at all.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:57 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 508, catboi wrote:
In post 507, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
What good do you expect that to
do
for me, though? In such a scenario, I remain a scumread at a location where people can vote me directly, meanwhile my teammate gets stuck at the keep with stronger townreads where they are less likely to win. It feels like you're just narrative-building with absolutely no sense of how my actions are supposed to play toward the scum win condition at all.
I dont expect it to do you any good, again, if you had paid attention to 504, you would have seen the whole idea of that post is to pitch a setup that is good for town if you are scum. So if you are scum, there is not a good swap for you in this scenario.

However, if we go with a different setup, I think there are ways for you to.escape to.wall and have a decent shot at winning for scum there. I want to push a situation where scum swaps someone in/out of Gate, so I dont like the idea of making it possible for my top scumreads to have the option switching a Keep and Wall player.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:59 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

So did you not understand from 504 that I already answered both of your questions in that post?

"What does scum!cat gain from swapping"
And
"What good do you expect that to do for me"
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:09 am

Post by catboi »

No, you literally have not established how I advance the scum win condition at all in your hypothetical. Your theory is that my sneaky, nefarious plan is to make a snap move to the keep that earns the ire of half the game, and get out of a promise by swapping myself out of the keep. You are painting a narrative that begins with the presumption I am scum, and so anything that happens with me must be for some nefarious purpose. The goal, for scum, is to win locations. How is the swap supposed to benefit that? Answer that rather than obfuscating and claiming you already answered.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:24 am

Post by T3 »

We'll see what happens with the swap.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:25 am

Post by T3 »

Because I think catboi's alignment really depends on that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:30 am

Post by Something_Smart »

The less we say about how we will interpret a particular swap, the better, methinks.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

Are we waiting on anything else?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:51 am

Post by catboi »

In post 513, T3 wrote:Because I think catboi's alignment really depends on that.
I feel like things are being set up to attack me. I know for a fact the narrative against me cannot be wholly organic - by sheer virtue of numbers in this game, it cannot be. Someone had a misplaced suspicion of me, scum seized upon, now anything I do gets attacked. It's become apparent to me that I'm their mark and it's incredibly hard to fight off a coordinated push. Scum need their targets to win the game, if they can't get me the game becomes just a little bit harder for them. That was a big sense of why I chose the keep - that is the
one
place where I do not need to convince anyone I am town. It's the spot where the town and scum win conditions are most divergent. That this is not an explanation that seems to be understood by most people is also very annoying. I've been tunneled as town twice in newbie games, it is utterly exhausting to defend myself and I don't like having to do it. You were in one of those games! I would much rather
not
have to fight for my own survival with people who are conf-biasing all my words. I want to be able to think, analyze, and make decisions for myself, rather than wasting all my time arguing to convince someone.

The frustrating thing is my gut tells me that kyouko's arrogance and overconfidence is town-indicative, but the sheer lack of any logic whatsoever frustrates me to no end. I look at all this theorizing as to how I could be setting up for a ~sneaky swap~ and cannot help but think, is this all in service of having a narrative for eliminating me? That's what the paranoid part of my brain is whispering.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:20 am

Post by T3 »

In post 514, Something_Smart wrote:The less we say about how we will interpret a particular swap, the better, methinks.
Agreed.
SS, do you want to hammer the gate?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:25 am

Not really? I think the last game showed that the gate is not my strong suit. Especially with the low amount of content I have right now.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:46 am

Post by T3 »

In post 518, Something_Smart wrote:Not really? I think the last game showed that the gate is not my strong suit. Especially with the low amount of content I have right now.
True.

I have a bunch of theories based on whatever swap... I'll say once said swap happens.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:49 am

I kinda feel like having me at the gate is just all around bad, because I'll never be able to generate genuine content once I'm locked in a 1v1.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:51 am

Post by catboi »

That was part of why we kept you there last time >_>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:01 am

Well I don't think it was really true last time. But since I was V/LA, it's a lot more true this time.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:05 am

Post by catboi »

Figured it would be easier for me to argue over you than infinity. Regardless, I agree you going to the gate is probably not optimal here.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:09 am

Post by unwnd »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current makeup of the wagons should indicate that scum has already chosen a spot? See there's 4 left for the choosing and well, scum can lose if they're all forced into one. I don't know if this has happened though, because if I'm scum and I see only one spot is left? I take that last spot just so I don't lose.
Stop

Return to “Completed Open Games”