Open 820: The Siege of Aurelia — Game Over!

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 924, skitter30 wrote:
In post 922, catboi wrote:I didn't expect to be given an opportunity. But I'm not sure if the opportunity is real or just an attempt to get me to change my mind.
What happened to 'picking keep to control your own destiny'?
...someone offered to vote for me.

If he pulls back and says he changed his mind, I'll still cast the vote myself.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

He offered it 2 days ago irl so i'm kinda confused ehy you're jumping on this *now* and acting like this is an importang thing to resolve when uou didng seem to care abt it when he actually did

And i think that if you actually wanted fo go to keep to vote yourself you would be more focused on making that happen
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 926, skitter30 wrote:He offered it 2 days ago irl so i'm kinda confused ehy you're jumping on this *now* and acting like this is an importang thing to resolve when uou didng seem to care abt it when he actually did

And i think that if you actually wanted fo go to keep to vote yourself you would be more focused on making that happen
When you say "to vote yourself" do you mean to vot for himself or for him to cast a vote.for.someone else?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Him casting a vote on someone else, to clarify
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 926, skitter30 wrote:He offered it 2 days ago irl so i'm kinda confused ehy you're jumping on this *now* and acting like this is an importang thing to resolve when uou didng seem to care abt it when he actually did

because at the time I didn't want to rush, I wanted to read between everyone else and try to scumhunt in the other locations, because I believe that's the best thing to do as town.

Why the hell should it matter that I'm asking about it now? Would you have found it *less* scummy if I'd immediately asked for him to vote me?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:37 pm

Post by catboi »

And as for being focused on making a vote on myself happen, I think it's just not in my personality, I don't try to brute force townreads on myself but if someone says they think I'm town? Well, cool, I'll take it.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by implosion »

hi i accidentally just played a board game for 4 hours and need to go to sleep now >.>

i caught up and now actually think dunn might be the best vote in keep??? or at least i think i would rather catboi vote dunn than dunn vote catboi if they're not voting T3. but i am coming around on t3-scum as a possibility
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 931, implosion wrote:hi i accidentally just played a board game for 4 hours and need to go to sleep now >.>

i caught up and now actually think dunn might be the best vote in keep??? or at least i think i would rather catboi vote dunn than dunn vote catboi if they're not voting T3. but i am coming around on t3-scum as a possibility
bwuhhhh
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:08 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 931, implosion wrote:hi i accidentally just played a board game for 4 hours and need to go to sleep now >.>

Actually, Penguin, Dunn, Catboi: how would you guys feel about me hammering skitter at gate as the first play? I think I'm decided.

Looking for any objections to the lim and objections to the order in which we resolve locations
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:10 pm

Post by catboi »

Very nervous, but only because I haven't actually reread skitter. Her posts certainly haven't made me think town. But that last post from implo didn't really inspire confidence in me either. What's got you so decided?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 933, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:

Actually, Penguin, Dunn, Catboi: how would you guys feel about me hammering skitter at gate as the first play? I think I'm decided.

Looking for any objections to the lim and objections to the order in which we resolve locations
What do u do upon my townflip
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Also: why is t3 scum?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:53 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VC 2.2

Gate
[1] skitter30
:
implosion

[2] Not Voting
:
ssbm_Kyouko
, skitter30

Wall
[1] Something_Smart
:
unwnd
[1] unwnd
:
Something_Smart

[1] Not Voting
:
PenguinPower

Keep
[3] Not Voting
:
T3, catboi, Dunnstral

The Battle Phase deadline is in: (expired on 2021-08-01 23:53:26)

Mod Notes
: :]
[/color]
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:37 am

Post by T3 »

In post 884, unwnd wrote:I think it's Skitter/T3/S_S
Your read on me appears to be just because I scumread you. I get why you think skitter could be scum with me.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:38 am

Post by T3 »

implosion flipped on his read of me after Dunn and catboi both expressed a scumread of me but skitter held strong in her read which makes me think town?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:20 am

Post by skitter30 »

I still think ur town and implo's iso is full of emptu wishy-washy hedging

Still think the best way to resolve keep is for u to be voted
Show
Hiatus once more.

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:27 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 934, catboi wrote:Very nervous, but only because I haven't actually reread skitter. Her posts certainly haven't made me think town. But that last post from implo didn't really inspire confidence in me either. What's got you so decided?
Skitter feels like she's trying to manipulate me rather than persuade me. Implosion feels like he's putting.effort into solving the other areas, skitter not as much.
In post 939, T3 wrote:implosion flipped on his read of me after Dunn and catboi both expressed a scumread of me but skitter held strong in her read which makes me think town?
skitter holding on to her read of you after toDay's play makes me think agenda, not town
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:55 am

Post by catboi »

That last post from implo, though - it's like, he's been saying he thinks it's dunn, but now suddenly dunn is the best vote, but he's coming around on t3 as scum, because...reasons? I don't know the more I think about it the more paranoid it makes me.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:12 am

Post by implosion »

The reason is the dynamics right now. Essentially the way I'd expect scum to play keep is like, for the long game. I'm just not sure how to square Dunn's play right now with being scum; you and T3 both obviously want to be voted (which ofc town should want to be) but Dunn doesn't, and I think a sort of lack of self-advocacy earlier could go either way (hence the arguments yesterday about your play) but at this point I don't know what it accomplishes as scum. Obviously one answer is it gets posts like this to be made but I'm not sure I buy that level of WIFOM. This is coupled with T3's play today being more lackluster than yesterday, I think. I think right now I'd kind of want to save keep for last; if I'm right that it's skitter + S_S in the other two areas (and if like, we get one of them wrong) I think I'd still want T3 as the vote, but if it turns out that the distribution is 1-1-1 pre-swap (i.e. if unwnd is scum) then I'd consider that as circumstantial evidence that T3 is scum, since I'm not sure why skitter/unwnd would be the swap if T3 is town. Actually I'd kind of consider that just like, evidence that Dunn is town in general because if the scumteam is skitter/unwnd/dunn then I have no idea how the hell scum would arrive at the conclusion that they should swap in that way.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:46 am

Post by catboi »

In post 943, implosion wrote:I'm just not sure how to square Dunn's play right now with being scum;
Okay, that is close to what I was thinking, I just found the way you had posted about it to be unnerving
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 941, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 934, catboi wrote:Very nervous, but only because I haven't actually reread skitter. Her posts certainly haven't made me think town. But that last post from implo didn't really inspire confidence in me either. What's got you so decided?
Skitter feels like she's trying to manipulate me rather than persuade me. Implosion feels like he's putting.effort into solving the other areas, skitter not as much.
In post 939, T3 wrote:implosion flipped on his read of me after Dunn and catboi both expressed a scumread of me but skitter held strong in her read which makes me think town?
skitter holding on to her read of you after toDay's play makes me think agenda, not town
A) before you hammer i very much eant to talk about what happens afterwards becaude i am not going to be here and i'm worried abt what you lot are going to do next
B) how am i being manipulative
C) i am baffled that you're looking at implo's posting and think that he's solving anything given that he's being i NC redibly wishy washy and hedgy
D) why would my read on t3 change today, i don't believe either dunn or catboi have been particularly townie
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 943, implosion wrote:The reason is the dynamics right now. Essentially the way I'd expect scum to play keep is like, for the long game. I'm just not sure how to square Dunn's play right now with being scum; you and T3 both obviously want to be voted (which ofc town should want to be) but Dunn doesn't, and I think a sort of lack of self-advocacy earlier could go either way (hence the arguments yesterday about your play) but at this point I don't know what it accomplishes as scum. Obviously one answer is it gets posts like this to be made but I'm not sure I buy that level of WIFOM. This is coupled with T3's play today being more lackluster than yesterday, I think. I think right now I'd kind of want to save keep for last; if I'm right that it's skitter + S_S in the other two areas (and if like, we get one of them wrong) I think I'd still want T3 as the vote, but if it turns out that the distribution is 1-1-1 pre-swap (i.e. if unwnd is scum) then I'd consider that as circumstantial evidence that T3 is scum, since I'm not sure why skitter/unwnd would be the swap if T3 is town. Actually I'd kind of consider that just like, evidence that Dunn is town in general because if the scumteam is skitter/unwnd/dunn then I have no idea how the hell scum would arrive at the conclusion that they should swap in that way.
This whole thing is different than what he was saying lie on friday and id just aligning with ur reads - how is this solving? He's just changed his universe to match with yours
Show
Hiatus once more.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:01 am

Post by catboi »

I think the gate being polarized on the keep now is at least...good? That ought to make it easier on me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:27 am

Post by catboi »

The early approach from skitter toward kyouko still feels pockety, on a reread.

I'm hesitant to get omgus-y on her suspicion of me because that paranoia partly just lost me trust fall, but blah. I'm not sure, on net in this reread, that she actually looks any more town. The reads feel...I don't know. She's just making conclusions but I'm not sure how authentic they are. For the first half of this game there's a lack of depth, it's just statements such as "bad vibes" or "hollow", but she only gets into detail when criticizing me, but I'm easy to criticize and I don't think the reasoning is more likely to come from town. I had assumed the body of work was going to outweigh implosion's contribution when I started, and yet reading along I feel skeptical. I'm not sure there's ever a moment that feels distinctly like a towntell to me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:28 am

Post by catboi »

In post 657, skitter30 wrote:Honestly i'm feeling p good abt my reads. I think uwnd was planning on 1v1ing me if i had gone to gate yesterday, which would imply the swap was gonna be betwewn wall and keep

That probably says something abt the town-scum distribution at wall-keep at the time but i havent figured that out yet
This is a baffling post. If unwnd was planning on 1v1ing you why would you ever think his teammate would cut him off like that?

Return to “Completed Open Games”