mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1786, Bingle wrote:
In post 1703, mastina wrote:As a matter of fact, I will not be taking the Vanilla as I already took a killing role to deny it from scum (I initially was planning to take one of the other abilities but when I noticed the killing role I had to opt for it for the denial to scum, regrettably), so taking one of the strongmans actually makes more sense.
This sentence is damned close to a scumclaim from mastina.
Well it's really really not. I've in the past not liked to be an ungated vig and when I have a vengeful it's usually a wasted role on me because for all of my faults I am pretty damn obvtown when town so am pretty damn hard to mislim meaning I'm pretty damn likely to not get mileage out of the roles.

However, there IS use for both the vengeful this game AND I am not against using a vig that is heavily gated and have in fact done so as town before. (Not often but it happens.) Plus, this was nearly identical to what I did in the first version of the game--I took the D2 supersaint, both to deny it from scum and because it wasn't useless as for whatever reason, there was a fair amount of suspicion on me on D1 there. It was fully possible that I was going to eat the D2 elimination there and I knew it so taking the role wasn't just to deny it to scum, it was also because I knew it was possible I may have a need for it.

Initially, on D1, I submitted (yes I submitted during the day, the mod said "I'll accept this if you don't change it N1 for your N1 action" because I thought you needed to submit during the day and the mod was kind enough to accept my initial day submission as an initial submission for N1) a different choice because I didn't notice the killing role in my pack. (My initial choice was one of the two investigative roles in my pack.) However, thanks to the way D1 played out, I decided to switch to the other choice in my pack N1...and when I was on my way to change over to that other investigative role in my N1 pack, I noticed the killing role that I had missed. (My initial pack had 2 investigatives and 2 similar powers but I didn't initially notice the fifth which was the killing role, and when I went to change my D1-accepted-as-initial-N1 choice, I noticed the killing role so I was forced to swap.)

And just like before, while it is
mainly
to deny it from scum, it has tangible benefits to it which make it useable by me anyway.

Taking the strongman furthers this--if I have the Vengeful, obviously I can't use the strongman, but taking it means that the scum don't automatically know if I have the Vengeful or the N4 vig. If I have the N4 vig, there is a tangible benefit to taking the strongman because I think that even a town vig can activate the strongman. (Obviously should be doublechecked with the mod though.) Because scum can pick up defensive roles in an attempt to survive the N4 vig, a strongman on the N4 vig speaks for itself in its use, and again, by taking one of the two strongmen, I deny it from scum.

I have incentive to hide
which
killing role I have, because telling the scum what I have does no good to the town and lots of good for the scum; it is better to keep them guessing. But I've no incentive to hide having picked up *a* killing role, and pairing it with a strongman pickup, because it is important to let the town know that much and the knowledge that I have one makes the scum sweat more. The only way scum would know which one I have is if they have the other, so failing them having the other, they basically have to treat me as if I have both--
In other words, they need to treat me as someone who, if they mislim, I am going to get a free shot, making them need to be more careful around me and try to get my favor and/or avoid wagoning me...while, simultaneously, needing to kill me before N4, meaning that scum have a huge incentive to kill me N3 or risk facing the consequences N4 because strongman vig is a free shot.

Basically, the scum know that I have a free shot, but unless they have the other killing role, they don't know if my free shot is day-based or night-based and must treat it as if it is both. They cannot safely wagon me, nor can they safely let me live to see N4, unless they explicitly know which I have in which case they know which of these applies. Which will still mean they need to play around the one I have anyway.

In contrast, all the town needs to know is that I
have
the killing role. Regardless of vig or vengeful, it shows identically to psychologist and gunsmith alike of me being able to kill, which makes me a miller to those roles. So the moment I picked the killing role up, I needed to let the town know I had it specifically to let them know not to waste those investigatives on me. I couldn't do this on D1 because I didn't notice that I
had
the killing power on D1 in my packs, it was a shift in plans caused by D1's end being what it was and me going to recheck my packs intent on changing the action and discovering I had the killing role then.

In hindsight, I probably should've mentioned it in my daystart PM but,
1: I was fucking
furious
about the Flea elimination D1. I was initially going to enter D2 cussing out and my daystart post that you saw was originally much much MUCH harsher and much much MUCH more abrasive because I was NOT in a good mood that you fucking eliminated my strongest fucking townread on D1, and,
2: I was late into the daystart and thus had a lot to catch up on including seeing the guilty, meaning that by the time I commented, I had other things on my mind, plus,
3: I was multitasking at the time so it slipped my mind at the time.

So in hindsight I admit I should've done it a bit earlier, but the timing between my first post of the day phase and me claiming the killing action was only 5 hours apart. I left, did other stuff, and came back, and then the new content prompted me to remember to claim the killing action because I had forgotten to do so earlier.

It was still less than 24 hours after my first post on the dayphase in question though so I most definitely wasn't pulling this out of my ass.

Also I don't fucking lie as scum which you bloody well know so you bloody well know that everything I say above played out
exactly
the way I said it did regardless of my alignment, soooooo.

Suffice to say; not a scumclaim.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1788, Bingle wrote:mastina - Didn't feel like she was really trying to parse me/math/Titus, and also literally that one post I quoted.
If it makes a difference to you: initially contained a vote on you explaining various reasons including "if he's town we've got two scum confirmed, if he's scum then there's one scum left", but I deleted the entirety of it--because the very same page I was typing that vote on had you explain you were fakeclaiming having two commutes.

So the lack of sorting can be attributed to you literally posting that one post too soon as you pagebottomed it.

I was literally seconds from posting it but then I saw your post so I removed it all.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1792, Bingle wrote:I'm definitely more interested in what mastina has to say for herself at the moment though.
Reiterating, toxic as it may be but it's really fucking true;
You've nobody to blame but yourselves?

Because you really have nobody to blame but yourselves. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1797, Bingle wrote:Suffice to say there is a single world in which that is a town mastina post and it is far outnumbered by the worlds in which it is a scum mastina post.
As the expert in scumastina I'm pretty damn sure there's zero worlds where it's ever a scumastina post; I don't post anything even remotely close than that as scum, ever. The only world I could see it as a scumastina post is specifically in an attempt to mimic my towngame, but that means that frankly, you're wrong.

The number of worlds where it is a town mastina post far far far outnumber the number of worlds where it's scumastina because scumastina never makes that post without it being an attempt tp mimic the worlds where town mastina would and thus you've got an absolute minimum of 75-80% town to an absolute maximum of 20-25% scum but realistically more like 90-99% town to 1-10% scum.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:17 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 1757, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1748, Dunnstral wrote:I have something minor to add after the rest of this stuff plays out
T3's pack had a night 2 jailkeeper in it, I felt compelled to use it so I used it on Bingle
I like this since that's how I was planning to use the card if I received it.
In post 1777, Infinity 324 wrote: Mastina is still 100% town and even disregarding her shooting role I'm not sure why she was investigated
Why, and what/when is 'still' referring to?

On the one hand, the way mastina talks about picking cards from the pack is not at all how I would view the pack if town!me got it night 1, on the other hand I know that I think differently than mastina in general.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Mastina why did you townread Flea in the first place?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:22 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1829, NDMath wrote:Why, and what/when is 'still' referring to?
She was pretty obviously town on d1 imo, the best example of which was when she very confident explained why she can't be scum here.

Getting mad about us limming flea was really towny as well.

Most of mastina's posts are obviously town and I'm surprised not everything he agrees.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1823, Dwlee99 wrote:I knew that cops/gunsmiths/vigs turn up as having a gun, I didn't know vengefuls, detectives, or role cops did (although I guess that should have been obvious because it has the word "cop"). I hadn't actually looked at the gunsmith wiki page before Mastina mentioned vengeful returns having a gun.
Since rolecop has a gun (I thought it didn't), I have a gun. I rolecopped NDMath as I felt her claim was bullshit.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:07 am

Post by Titus »

I still think Bingle is scum. My money is on Dwlee as his partner.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:24 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Considering Bingle could have killed me last night or maybe roleblocked me knowing I had the gunsmith and would almost certainly use it: no
I prefer they, thanks :)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1825, mastina wrote:I am not against using a vig that is heavily gated and have in fact done so as town before.
Lynx? I was of the impression that your town approach to cigs was still “Town should never use vigs.”
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:43 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1834, Dwlee99 wrote:Considering Bingle could have killed me last night or maybe roleblocked me knowing I had the gunsmith and would almost certainly use it: no
Would never have done either, fwiw.

Roleblocking you would’ve been a scum claim and killing you makes today 100% harder.

I probably wouldn’t have faked sending you a commute in the first place, so townreading me on the merit of trying to herd the scum kill into a small pool is a better reason, as is the fact I had T3 mostly in my court and was one of his more vocal defenders, but that you didn’t die after the gambit happened is entirely NAI for me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1833, Titus wrote:I still think Bingle is scum. My money is on Dwlee as his partner.
Why would you roleblock your partner?

Bingle needs a decent story about why a commute wasn't in his deck. Dwlee backs him up with a useless result.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:59 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1828, mastina wrote:
In post 1797, Bingle wrote:Suffice to say there is a single world in which that is a town mastina post and it is far outnumbered by the worlds in which it is a scum mastina post.
As the expert in scumastina I'm pretty damn sure there's zero worlds where it's ever a scumastina post; I don't post anything even remotely close than that as scum, ever. The only world I could see it as a scumastina post is specifically in an attempt to mimic my towngame, but that means that frankly, you're wrong.

The number of worlds where it is a town mastina post far far far outnumber the number of worlds where it's scumastina because scumastina never makes that post without it being an attempt tp mimic the worlds where town mastina would and thus you've got an absolute minimum of 75-80% town to an absolute maximum of 20-25% scum but realistically more like 90-99% town to 1-10% scum.
I don’t think that scum you claims the venge, but if scum you took the vig I would 100% expect you to be open about it and to drive the narrative as a scum denial play, simply because scum you tries to be as open and truthful as possible. The thing that concerns me about your claim is not that you took the role, but that you sound like you intend to use it. (As a vig, specifically).
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1837, Titus wrote:Bingle needs a decent story about why a commute wasn't in his deck.
Still haven’t provided a reason why I lie knowing it serves no purpose to me as scum.

I’ll go ahead and give it to you: It was a pro town gambit. If I did it as scum it’s because it’s what town me would have done. I don’t think I would have realized that as scum though.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:06 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1832, Titus wrote:Since rolecop has a gun (I thought it didn't), I have a gun. I rolecopped NDMath as I felt her claim was bullshit.
Townpoints. Best use of rolecop is to confirm already claimed roles. Doesn’t clear math at all though.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:06 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1832, Titus wrote:Since rolecop has a gun (I thought it didn't), I have a gun. I rolecopped NDMath as I felt her claim was bullshit.
Townpoints. Best use of rolecop is to confirm already claimed roles. Doesn’t clear math at all though.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:12 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1829, NDMath wrote:I like this since that's how I was planning to use the card if I received it.
This feels towny to me
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don’t really want an elimination in Math or Bingle as they’ve both pinged town to me. But if there is one scum in them then i think Bingle is the towniest.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1831, Infinity 324 wrote:She was pretty obviously town on d1 imo, the best example of which was when she very confident explained why she can't be scum here.
Which post was that?
Idk i’ve been mostly townreading them for the effort but i don’t really like how tunneled they are.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:19 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I feel like Mastina keeps harping on the same pounts about me but they never actually progress their read in response to things i’ve done or flips that are happening.
Also i wish Mastina would have actually been angry instead of saying they felt angry, about Flea elimination. Because then it would seem a bit more genuine.

- Bunno
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1839, Bingle wrote:I’ll go ahead and give it to you: It was a pro town gambit. If I did it as scum it’s because it’s what town me would have done. I don’t think I would have realized that as scum though.
That "protown" gambit cost our commutes and got us nothing. You should not have done that. Losing our commutes for one check is a horrible trade even if it worked.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:21 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’d vote but i still don’t feel confident about where i’m standing here. I feel like maybe Titus or Dwlee deserves another look but i don’t have the energy for it yet. So i’m gonna let the game progress and if i get the time i’ll get an more full view.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:21 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh Dunnstral is in this game too, i almost forgot.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:25 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

A50 / Dunnstral do you two have anything to say at all?

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”