Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Here There Be Dragons »

it's so interesting seeing someone from outside our little bubble trying to process the way y'all interact with each other.

i suppose my own wording of the above sentence reveals that this exchange does look genuine from sleez to me.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

It's not an actual angle though, the scummiest thing about them is the absence of solve. But they're out for the day so it's probably a good idea to sort elsewhere than go over this.

Uh, is there a reason you're trying to deflate Sleez HTBD?
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 898, Sleez wrote:I don't want you to defend them. I'm not really defending Medea either. I don't townread their behavior and have shown I would vote them. I need a different angle from you two then just AtE AtE AtE.
I'm still trying to figure them out! And I'm not sure how to go about it when things have gone a little toxic and we're spitting sparks at each other. The way I used to form reads on Cabd failed spectacularly in Tenet. Maybe I'll have some thoughts on what next when they're active again.

Your comment yesterday about the game revolving too much around them resonated.
Sleez
Sleez
Goon
Sleez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:01 am

Post by Sleez »

In post 900, Here There Be Dragons wrote:it's so interesting seeing someone from outside our little bubble trying to process the way y'all interact with each other.

i suppose my own wording of the above sentence reveals that this exchange does look genuine from sleez to me.
I am hoping that you don't dismiss me simply because I am not apart of it.
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:07 am

In post 899, Sleez wrote:
In post 894, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 890, Sleez wrote:
In post 889, Here There Be Dragons wrote:yours, i mean.

don't think you're ever going to like me.
Is that feeling mutual? I'm asking because I don't know where you become comfortable. My impression is that you're not and it impedes you. I think this is merely because you're not town but surely you have a right to defend yourself.
I do feel as though I'm going to have trouble meshing with your playstyle as well, yes, but I'm not allowing that to become a scumread at this time as it seems like a style issue. You're brusque and I have some trouble tracking your thought processes.

I don't feel uncomfortable. uncertainty is something I live with (being assured is at baseline a scumtell for me, but i know that most players in this game are aware of that, so if i were scum i would probably manufacture uncertainty anyway). I can see why it would come off as scummy to someone who isn't used to me, that's a common experience when i venture outside playing with people who know me.

At first, I thought you were an alt of someone who knows the players in this game, but it's increasingly seeming like that isn't the case, so I'm still figuring out what your deal is.
Yes I am completely detached from this group. It is odd to deal with at times so I have to go with what I know. You speak on your uncertainty so could you at least tell me what you're so uncertain about? Unless you mean it instinctively comes from yourself and that's how I should be reading it.
I am instinctively low confidence both in mafia and in life. I could psychoanalyze myself as to where this comes from, but I'll spare you.

In mafia, I don't rush to conclusions and I like to keep an open mind for further data. And very rarely do I allow myself to believe that I'm a scum catching genius who has something that is definitely right. I'm typically a support/background type of town player, even if I wind up posting a lot, and I typically only start taking the lead when I have to towards the end of the game when the natural town leaders are dead.

The result of all that is that my opinions sometimes look fake to others because I don't have all that much faith in them. This is sort of a longstanding thing I've been through cycles with this group on -- once everyone figured out how I tend to play town, I started successfully imitating my town game as scum, and to be honest I don't really know what they use to read me at this point.
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:10 am

In post 903, Sleez wrote:
In post 900, Here There Be Dragons wrote:it's so interesting seeing someone from outside our little bubble trying to process the way y'all interact with each other.

I am hoping that you don't dismiss me simply because I am not apart of it.
I'll admit some players in this game (snarky, medea, LLD) come into this game with a respect level from me that makes me especially sensitive to their opinions/inclined to listen to them if I'm townreading them. But I'm still reading and considering your words. I'm actually putting extra effort into trying to understand you at this point I think because the way you phrase things sometimes requires me to read them more than once to get your point, no offense I think this is a me thing.
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:10 am

In post 901, Snarky Fishes wrote:Uh, is there a reason you're trying to deflate Sleez HTBD?
Wasn't trying to do that and sorry if it came off that way.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:20 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Hello, I am here
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 801, Titus wrote:
In post 746, Lukewarm wrote:And the "I currently have too few thoughts on them to even put them in null" - aa9, lld, spiffeh, titus
Really on LLD? I get me. I'm being obtuse. The other two are lurkers. That's ok. But LLD being as "too few thoughts" is wrong.
I almost put her in my town leans, but LLD has a lot of things making it harder for me to feel comfortable with an opinion on her.

I have never played a single game with a player under a posting restriction, so never had to read someone with it.

She is the one of the very few people in this playerlist that I have never played with, with inherently dropped her lower in my sorting confidence and my sorting priority.

The game where I very closely spectated her, was yggdrasil, where she RADIATED town to me day 1. The thought crossed my mind that I should have her in my town leans because she is the one who pointed out the inconsistencies with Manatee, but then I remember how she handled Anya that game, so I am scared to give her town points for even that.
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:28 am

i feel like no one but me read 595.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 811, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:p sure LLD is town cuz theres no way the best thread control scum player randomly decides she wants to meme post in random images for lulz*

*throw this read out the fucking window if she's somehow alive anywhere close to the end game
I like this post.

Makes me feel a little more comfortable leaning town with LLD, plus looks like a town post from pooky
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:35 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 862, Annie Edison wrote:Luuuuuuke :(

pedit - thanks I will let my headbrother know :mrgreen:
Hello?
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:36 am

Post by Annie Edison »

hey how are ya
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:37 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 869, Sleez wrote:So both of your heads believe Snarky are in a do-not-touch scenario.

I would want more people to decide, or say something. I don't understand why your other head wants to carry and lead. Being a leader isn't all it's cracked up to be, but I do think the courage is town.
I also have the fishes in my town reads
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 912, Annie Edison wrote:hey how are ya

Good, just a little bit of a headache today that feels like it won't go away.

how are you?
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:39 am

Post by Annie Edison »

not as hungover as before!

where's your head at in this game? clarity levels? headache aside
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:41 am

Post by Annie Edison »

In post 313, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 309, Annie Edison wrote:I took a few weeks/a month off because of personal stuff

I normally am in at least one at all times
I feel like I want to have a conversation about this in ~36 hours. See you then :good: :good:
also if you give me a hint about this i promise i wont tell notty
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 915, Annie Edison wrote:not as hungover as before!

where's your head at in this game? clarity levels? headache aside
I feel like I have some pretty strong reads, in both directions.

I am a little frustrated that I have more posts then any slot that is not a hydra, but also all of the people who have played with me before seem to be struggling to get a solid read on me, and the only thing that anyone appears to even try to sort me by is exactly the medea vote/unvote.

I am also getting a little intimidated by the fact that this feels like the first game that I have been in that I think that I am not in the top half of the player list ability wise
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 916, Annie Edison wrote:
In post 313, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 309, Annie Edison wrote:I took a few weeks/a month off because of personal stuff

I normally am in at least one at all times
I feel like I want to have a conversation about this in ~36 hours. See you then :good: :good:
also if you give me a hint about this i promise i wont tell notty
No can do.

Although, this worry has been slowly waning over time. I feel like notty has been the person that I feel most in synch with their posts
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 878, Annie Edison wrote:gonna take a short break from reading, currently LUKE is the only player with the power to beetlejuice me back into the thread early, but like, this game is what I'm doing with my day today.
Hey, I have already summoned you back
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Annie Edison »

you did a spend a good while focusing on that one medea post, that's more my concern than the vote itself. something I've admired about your townplay before is your ability to focus on what's important while not losing sight of the big picture. here you're honing in on stuff i don't think matters enough to drag on as long as it has and I haven't seen as much of a holistic approach as I might expect from what I know of your town play.

talk to me about the nerves. is it about proving yourself? or intimidated like your voice might get drowned out?

pedit - i felt a rub on my lamp
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Annie Edison »

In post 920, Annie Edison wrote:holistic approach as I might expect from what I know of your town play
ehh maybe holistic is too strong a word, but what i said about keeping focused is a good way of putting it.
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:51 am

Post by ManateeGal »

sitting in an airport someone fire questions at me
will be back eventually
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Annie Edison »

what alignment were you hoping to roll this game?
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Annie Edison »

(@ manatee)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”