Micro 1022 | Purgatory | 80s music | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Redtea had flow as their strongest scumread D1 in , but there was no heat on flow by that point and as we all know redtea didn't actually vote D1 anyway. It was clear someone else would die.. Maybe setting up to bus flow down the line though. There's also not really anything in the way of hinting that flow would be their strongest scumread up until this post.

Granted redtea ends up reversing and deciding that flow is low effort town whereas T3 is low effort scum in the next phase

What's starting to bother me about redtea in hindsight is how they were consistently strategizing a hell other than T3. Not just the Dannflor push -- they also suggested helling Farren so Ich would be prevented from judging him, a few times IIRC. It would have been a win if T3 got judged afterwards! I just can't follow redtea's logic for helling Dannflor or getting scared of the nonvoting, it didn't make much sense to me.

I feel almost certain Dann is town now mmmm. Is there any chance Farren is scum and it's redtea/Farren (which I would have found extremely odd yesterday, i prolly still would)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1321, redtea wrote:oh my god finally
VOTE: t3
Oh by the way what did you mean by "finally" here, redtea? Since i mean, we were just restoring the T3 elim that was already going to go through and had only been delayed because of the counterwagon of ur own making
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Dannflor »

I *feel* like maybe redtea did that whole random push on me to 1. get the game out of the rut it was in, and 2. possibly as a reaction test for people, notably to see how T3 might react?

I felt more confident on T3 after his reaction to my wagon so redtea might have felt the same?

I'll wait until he gets back to conjecture on that anymore. but I've been rereading EoD yesterday and thinking through more calmly now I think there aren't *that* many worlds where that move makes sense as scum? Like t3/flowtrap/redtea made a little sense but now... esooa/flowtrap/redtea? eh? I feel like it still wasn't a very 'necessary' move

it felt agenda-y to me at the time but now I'm thinking its just one of those cases where its actually a town agenda
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Dannflor »

I also kinda keep going back to that "slip" interaction redtea/nsg/me had earlier in the game

that was one moment where I felt like all the people posting were *just town*

and I also tend to follow nsg's logic of mentions notes PTs being predominantly town, but I'll have to revisit it when I get home from work

if I accept that then its farren/flow though? which doesn't feel good to me immediately at all

I think at this point we can start crossing off teams due to anti-associatives, which would probably help a lot. like I'm pretty sure MT/redtea can't be aligned. Also good to keep in mind that scum literally can't bus today
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:09 am

Post by flow trap »

In post 1374, Morning Tweet wrote:If I recall correctly, DK had Esooa as a "maybe scum".

Redtea/me/Dann? all read Farren as town so it's possible we helped convince DK

Additionally DK's reads were changing a little bit as they left, they seemed to scumreaad me at first but then they offered to let me go to heaven b4 them

I also think Esooa looked worse after T3's flip since basically her only hard stance all game was that T3 was definitely scum
>w< Why does everyone I suspect become more towny once I voice my thoughts on them
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1377, Dannflor wrote:I *feel* like maybe redtea did that whole random push on me to 1. get the game out of the rut it was in, and 2. possibly as a reaction test for people, notably to see how T3 might react?

I felt more confident on T3 after his reaction to my wagon so redtea might have felt the same?

I'll wait until he gets back to conjecture on that anymore. but I've been rereading EoD yesterday and thinking through more calmly now I think there aren't *that* many worlds where that move makes sense as scum? Like t3/flowtrap/redtea made a little sense but now... esooa/flowtrap/redtea? eh? I feel like it still wasn't a very 'necessary' move

it felt agenda-y to me at the time but now I'm thinking its just one of those cases where its actually a town agenda
That's kinda what I was thinking yesterday but that was back when i thought T3 was scum

I feel like eliminating someone who was highly unlikely to be judged (you) and keeping someone who is (T3) in the judgement phase is very good for scum. Whereas the situation we're in right now due to Helling T3 is very bad for scum.

As much as I thought i agreed w/ you, it's like... why was redtea trying to hell Farren as well? Like they were consistently trying to get options other than T3 in and from town!redtea's perspective who thinks there is certain scum in T3/flow, I'm not sure i get the point
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1379, flow trap wrote:
In post 1374, Morning Tweet wrote:If I recall correctly, DK had Esooa as a "maybe scum".

Redtea/me/Dann? all read Farren as town so it's possible we helped convince DK

Additionally DK's reads were changing a little bit as they left, they seemed to scumreaad me at first but then they offered to let me go to heaven b4 them

I also think Esooa looked worse after T3's flip since basically her only hard stance all game was that T3 was definitely scum
>w< Why does everyone I suspect become more towny once I voice my thoughts on them
im not sure i even understand what i was doing that was suspicious in the first place

Let me know if you reach any conclusion about how is scum this phase, btw, im still really not sure how to read you
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Dannflor »

was redtea really trying to hell Farren?

I thought redtea was pretty convinced Farren was town yesterday
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Dannflor »

I guess I could actually see a redtea/farren team in that case

I don't think MT/redtea makes much sense

me/redtea makes no sense but I won't be the one to argue that case

are there anti-associatives or associatives between redtea/farren or redtea/flowtrap?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

these are also questions for myself when I get home tonight but feel free to answer
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1382, Dannflor wrote:was redtea really trying to hell Farren?

I thought redtea was pretty convinced Farren was town yesterday
i recall redtea suggesting we hell Farren so Ich wouldn't be able to judge him
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1383, Dannflor wrote:I guess I could actually see a redtea/farren team in that case

I don't think MT/redtea makes much sense

me/redtea makes no sense but I won't be the one to argue that case

are there anti-associatives or associatives between redtea/farren or redtea/flowtrap?
Redtea and Farren would be super buddy-buddy but i havent gone back to see how likely it is

I guess i was fairly impressed by Farren's end of d1 if it's fake and Ich's arguments against Farren weren't so convincing

Redtea and flow i dont remember seeing too much except that flow unvoted when he thought redtea was at X-1 which ultimately may have saved redtea down the line. Redtea also had flow as scum but they didnt get around to sharing that read until end of day when it didnt matter. Then they reversed flow to low effort town with T3 as low effort scum on the next day
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by redtea »

I'm trying very hard to post some of what I have but my computer is being slow pls no prod ><
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by redtea »

"i have like 10 more minutes until i *need* to post" i said
"i have time" i said

Spoiler: @flow trap
In post 1348, flow trap wrote:
In post 1346, Morning Tweet wrote:You had T3 as your strongest heavenable town but when pressed you said "Idk he seemed relaxed i forget"
And you said "lm*o yall are killing me this game" instead of pushing my response then
okay but like im pretty sure you were asked several times by different people over the course of this game. And how is this a town mindset. T3 was on the chopping block and you were like "i mean he's chill, you know?" up until the end.
In post 1336, flow trap wrote: Also, you say T3 is scummy for pushing the most viable elimination
there's a difference between reading someone as scummy for the person they push vs. how they read that person
In post 1340, flow trap wrote:
In post 1338, Morning Tweet wrote:Lol so you whiteknighted T3 because you thought I was scum
More like I felt it was a scumpush and yours felt the worst :3
this is kinda bizarre
i echo mt's "where was this yesterday"

the rest will be annoyingly redundant if i post as is so it'll be a little
*Old account here
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

hm

redtea how are you reading me today?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1388, redtea wrote:
In post 1348, flow trap wrote:
In post 1346, Morning Tweet wrote:You had T3 as your strongest heavenable town but when pressed you said "Idk he seemed relaxed i forget"
And you said "lm*o yall are killing me this game" instead of pushing my response then
okay but like im pretty sure you were asked several times by different people over the course of this game. And how is this a town mindset. T3 was on the chopping block and you were like "i mean he's chill, you know?" up until the end.
bahahahaha

I keep going through it over and over and I'm just unsure how Dann/Farren could be scum (or both be scum, at the very least)

I'm a little bothered by how it seems like no one really seems to townread flow anymore. I suppose it'd be a huge red flag if you're flow's partner though
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

flow wasn't always consensus null/scum, right? Some ppl townleaned them thruout the game yeah?

Specifically i know redtea had flow as scum on the first day but swapped to low effort town later. I know Ich felt flow was heavy town, and i recall someone mentioning most ppl had flow as null/town.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1389, Dannflor wrote:redtea how are you reading me today?
actually same question goes for you farren
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I town read flow trap briefly
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

Hell VC3.01(Same)

Released in 1983.

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to send someone to Hell

Not Voting:
flow trap, Dannflor, Morning Tweet, Farren, redtea

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-08-12 20:00:00)

Mod Notes:
[/quote]
manatee not-a-dude (manateegal or just manatee works!!)
purgatory is in hell phase 2
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player

Farren
He/Him

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:54 pm

Post by Farren »

V/LA
until Tuesday.

Quick catchup before then.

- Imagine a giant carousel attached to a jet engine. That's pretty much the state my reads are in right now. Some of what Morning Tweet was saying earlier about redtea reminded me about read recalibration. 1) Take existing reads. 2) Lock in the highest person as Town. 3) Take the lowest person on the list, and assume that's a tunnel. 4) Start eliminating people in the middle. By those standards, scum is you+redtea, which totally does not make sense after what happened yesterday, so obviously that's dumb but damn it my usual methods are not working and it's driving me crazy.

- I TR'd flow trap at the beginning, during D1.

- I think I suggested eliminating me at some point on D2? I know bloody well I thought about it, and pretty sure I suggested it, but no time to double-check.
D1 - I can think of one time in the past where I played that fast and loose as scum, and that was because one of my partners was the other wagon. Otherwise, at the time it would have been a stupid risk to take. Also, D2 - scum|me hammers Town|T3 at the first opportunity, given the gamestate; scum|me would be even less likely than Town|me to re-evaluate Ich Troje's capability for changing their mind, and I didn't re-evaluate their capability.

I had this gut feeling about Town|flow trap when I was reading through the MT/flow trap talk earlier, and I'm not sure how much of that is recalibration and how much of that is "no, there's something here" and how much of that is "no, everything is wrong! EVERYTHING! Morning Tweet / redtea is the team! I don't care if it makes sense; this game isn't about sense!" Then it's all no, that's crazy talk.

And none of this makes sense, and I'm tired, so I'm hitting submit and walking away. And there's that urge to edit things. no. stop that.

Too late; a sentence just disappeared. Made me sound like I was drunk, when no, just tired.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:25 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I don't really know the specifics of this teams inner workings but i have big enough townreads on Dann/Farren and i dont necessarily see anything prohibiting flow/redtea so im comfortable enough with

VOTE: redtea
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by Dannflor »

okay so redtea doesn't make sense with MT for a few reasons

one is that I think scum teams are generally too self conscious / self aware to do that whole "I'll sheep you and see what happens" thing that MT did with with redtea yesterday. I mean that whole interaction followed by the subsequent questioning MT did of redtea was not only towny for MT but I think really anti-partnery. as a whole that whole move is just patently unnecessary for an MT/redtea team but that specific interaction is just generally not natural for scum teams.

Spoiler:
In post 564, northsidegal wrote:ooh, it's so tempting to just live dangerously right now.
In post 567, northsidegal wrote:
In post 559, redtea wrote:
In post 274, Dannflor wrote:like there's a ticking time bomb of people starting to suspect me for lurking or what have you
uh HELLO?? because that's exactly what happens??? As you can see now??
anyway, besides the obvious reason when maf, I try not to lurk when town either because of. Exactly this. I mean any flip helps, technically, but it's not town-serving to make yourself look suspicious.

also i got prodded lol
i mean i guess i see what you mean
, but i've yet to master the art of popping back in after 10 pages and a prod, and dropping a read just like that. I worry about being removed from the game before im done catching up.
the bolded. you see what who means?
In post 573, northsidegal wrote:
In post 570, Dannflor wrote:
In post 564, northsidegal wrote:ooh, it's so tempting to just live dangerously right now.
you been tempted to hammer too?
i'm pondering , which is a bit of a strange post. call this angleshooting, but i think that "notes PTs" basically always come from town. alternatively, though (and very much against my better judgement and against advice i consistently give to other people), i am pondering the hypothesis of that post as a genuine scum PT slip. yes, yes, i know, unlikely, almost any other explanation is overwhelmingly more likely to be the case. even still, like i said—it's a bit of a strange post.
In post 576, northsidegal wrote:mm, i think i'm just psyching myself out maybe. it doesn't really fit the model i have for the types of posts that i see posted to notes PTs and something about the last line could read to me as responding to someone else (not you), but i think that viewed as redtea trying to prepare a bunch of posts in a notes PT in advance it makes more sense.
In post 579, northsidegal wrote:i mean, he said that it was meant for a notes PT, and after thinking about it i think that that's probably just the most likely explanation? for now i'm chalking another one up for the advice of "scumslips basically never happen, you should basically never ever consider that possibility unless given super hard evidence"

this whole sequence from NSG too just... never comes from a scum partner? I realize NSG came out of this exchange town reading redtea, but this feels like a really really weird way to go back interacting with your partner as a scum mate. you don't fake call our your scum mate for a fake scum slip. Or at least NSG doesn't. I just highly doubt this interaction happens if they're scum together for a lot of reasons. I don't think NSG decides she needs to town read redtea for his "notes PT" it's just very much not a partner interaction
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:32 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

if i recall correctly both red and flow have suspected each other to some extent but it's never been to a point where im convinced one is actively trying to kill the other.

i think redtea and Dann is a *little* unlikely given yesterday, impressive theatre if so though

When the Esooa wagon was a thing D1 the only one who helped that was Farren (although he switched to redtea after enough time) .... probably makes redtea/Farren a bit less likely. Also Esooa was bussing redtea in this case, so if Farren is scum with red then both partners voted and stayed. If red is scum with flow, flow actually unvoted to save red
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:35 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1397, Dannflor wrote:I don't think NSG decides she needs to town read redtea for his "notes PT" it's just very much not a partner interaction
they*

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”