Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Vote: Manatee
Vote: Dragons
Vote: Medea

------------------

Vote: Spiffeh
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by ManateeGal »

In post 1926, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

------------------

are these your guesses for a scumteam?
will be back eventually
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:02 pm

HEAL: LLD, Snarky, Unwnd, Dunn, Luke, Annie, AA9
HURT: Pooky, Spffeh
Vote:Dragons

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:02 pm

In post 1927, ManateeGal wrote:

------------------

[✓]

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:06 pm

Post by ManateeGal »

In post 1929, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1927, ManateeGal wrote:

------------------

[✓]
you've indicated me and medea as scummates in both scenarios here. could you point me to the basis of that viewpoint?
will be back eventually
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:08 pm

In post 1924, ManateeGal wrote:
Medea
- I found myself honestly questioning what i thought of them when they talked about my townreads scumreading them and things became a lot easier after that. people i hold faith in are scumreading them and under normal circumstances that would be enough but there are quite a few things that stick out like a sore thumb for me. their reads feel clunkier then what i'd expect of them but they keep skirting around shit and its getting a little frustrating to deal with. i totally get their business but what theyre posting feels selective and less upfront then i'd like.
[!]

VOTE: ???

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:12 pm

Post by ManateeGal »

are you questioning why i am not voting medea?
will be back eventually
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:13 pm

In post 1932, ManateeGal wrote:are you questioning why i am not voting medea?
[✓]

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:17 pm

Post by ManateeGal »

my vote remains on lukewarm bc i have a stronger scumread. do you think theres a reason why i should be voting medea right now despite having a stronger read on another player?
will be back eventually
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:22 pm

In post 1934, ManateeGal wrote:my vote remains on lukewarm bc i have a stronger scumread. do you think theres a reason why i should be voting medea right now despite having a stronger read on another player?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Hello. I am dying inside.

I sat down, and started doing isos what felt like an eternity ago, and have finished exactly 2 players. This is a dense fucking game. I probably shot myself in the foot going top to bottom on the activity list, because Snarky Fishes and Annie Edison are LONG isos.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I was sure I was going to sit down, and iso everyone tonight, but yeah. thats not happening.
ManateeGal
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
ManateeGal
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by ManateeGal »

In post 1935, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1934, ManateeGal wrote:my vote remains on lukewarm bc i have a stronger scumread. do you think theres a reason why i should be voting medea right now despite having a stronger read on another player?
day isnt even halfway over. im not worried about that right now, and hope to have discussion with others to change their perspective
will be back eventually
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:37 pm

In post 1938, ManateeGal wrote:
In post 1935, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
day isnt even halfway over. im not worried about that right now, and hope to have discussion with others to change their perspective

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

These are a mix of my reads on the slots, and also responses to some of their posts, as well as just posts that stood out to me.

Spoiler: Snarky Fishes
Town, but a couple questions for ffery

Off the bat, I would say that bell feels like the town bell that I have seen elsewhere. In like, every post. Most of this will be about ffery.

's "I don't have a read of you, yet. you haven't given me something to snapread!" -> 's "I like 319!"

Was the thing that first made me feel like ffery was town and trying to sort me. She had been wrapped up in her strange song and dance with cabd / penguin. Then I reached out to her, and then she was on the look out for the kind of post that would give her a snap read. Seems like a nothing post, but in that moment I felt like me and ffery were both town and finding one another. That was my own snap read on her.

I kind of don't like her -> though. Medea is very close to being speed elim'ed, with him essientially at e-1 (counting Annie's intent to vote), and she is unsure on his alignment, and when I ask if I should be voting medea I got a non answer. I guess I would expect ffery to be a little more concerned about his eminent demise with her being self proclaimed "data acquisition mode." Like, she knows that a town!medea is a town asset, so if she had not yet sorted medea, why was she not angling for more time to sort him.

I saw ffery in data aquisition mode, and my first thought was "then I should give ffery more time to sort medea" hense the unvote, but when I asked her if I should stop voting him it just wasn't there.

So I guess, ffery. If you were still unsure on medea there, why were you not more concerned about a possible speed elim on them?

Later on, ffery fighting me on giving her a town read seemed like a town thought. One that I have had recently, of not understanding why someone else is town reading you.

- I am also confused by this, and would like some insight on it. I think that their explanation for their pre-break play slimy. A couple of other people (ceph and lld off the top of my head) seem to think so too, so I am curious what you are seeing that we are missing?

- The hood reach out from ffery feels
very town
to me. If she is scum, positioning around a Luke miselim, there is no need. If she is scum, trying to pocket me, dropping a read list with me sitting at the bottom like an hour later seems like a bad strategy

Ffery's back and forth with unwnd feels vaugly townie, but it also made my eyes glaze over :dead:

stands out to me tho. The "If you only knew how dangerous that actually is" feels like bravado hinting at a powerful role to get unwnd to back off, but all the way back in she describes her ability as "it's hard to imagine a more useless one. But it's not a poison doc"

I already talked about 's read on me being shocking for a town ffery, but she has somewhat walked that back. None of the other reads stand out too much to me, other then ffery wanting medea in the top tier, and I still don't feel like I understand that. Would very much like ffery to talk more about that read, specifically what resulted in the hard switch before and after break.

I realized that I never responded to . The rolleyes emoji was mainly because cabd dropped a read list with me at the very bottom, and I wanted to respond to it, but it was a completely naked read list, and even doing a search of their iso on me I found nothing other then vague suspiciouns, so there was not really anything to respond to. Que emoji.

Back to eyes glazed over interaction with unwnd.

Spoiler: Annie Edison
Notty feels very town. Bulge feels aggressively null. So lean town over all

I am like 50 posts in, and there is nothing that really stands out as specifically comment worthy, but it feels very town tonally.

I have actually decided that the "36 hours thing" is probably just wrong, and I am basically dropping it on the reread.

Post 482 - "I didn't like the awkwardness around Morph's reads. I don't know his full history, and maybe im just used to it by now but it just feels like artificial busywork looking back. And yeah I commented on it being tricky to understand them and like, I get it, but multiple people said to leave it."

I actually want to comment on this, and it is in part related to my rant, but, I had a very clear desitination with this, and actually got a little pissed with the way cabd interacted. In the end, I realized that I misunderstood his read on ffery, so my point was moot, but here it is.

Here is what I saw at the time:

I read as shade on ffery, and implying a scum read building on her.

Then I read , which looks like a slip that he actually knows that she is town. Betting that "she's in data acquisition mode, but already" has a basic read implys that he is 100% sure that she is actively trying to sort him.

But again, I just saw a post that was shading her. So, seemed like a major inconsistency.

I had one step I wanted to make before I pointed it out to the class, and that was to clarify cabd's read on ffery to make sure. Seems like it should be easy. Post . It was a very pointed question. If he answered "I am leaning scum" them bam, I have something. If he says "I am leaning town" then I misunderstood, and we can move on.

Instead he was a bit of a dick. .
You (notty) try to tell me that I should just accept not understanding what they are saying(), but I HAVE AN INCONSISTENCY I WANT RESOLVED ().
I think that his response is rediculous (), and that is not going to be the reason I drop this inconsistency, so I ask ffery ()
Ffery, for some reason also decides to avoid giving me a straight answer ()
But, I gathered from her answer, that he throught she was town. Which resolved the inconsistency ()

You called this all busy work, but that was luke actively trying to solve. And if cabd had given me a straight answer, even the appearance of busy work would not have been there.

----

Posts continue to tonal be town, he looks like he is actively sorting. Feels town.

. The catch on the inconsistencies in the manatee wall looks good.

. Unwnd did not like the collective "we" there, and maybe it was not good for thread health or what ever point unwnd was trying to make, but I think that it looks townie. Like a townie who feels like they are already forming a nice little town block to the point of using the collective we

Still don't know what bulge was reffering to when he talked to me. Like it seemed to boil down to thinking I honed in on pointless things, but the things I was honing in on still feel like they were relevent, and if anything I feel like everyone else just breezed past something that could be alignment indicative, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel numb wrt my interaction with bulge. Like nothing felt overtly scummy but it did not feel overtly townie either.

Notty's fight with AA9 felt townie. Very much looked like a townie in a tunnel. Him dropping it after seeing that other game felt even townier

is a town post

Just in general, I find myself agreeing with almost every post notty makes (excluding his tunnel on AA9. I was pretty null on her when that happened)

I plan on doing more the rest of these in the morning. But like I said, going through those 2 isos was soul sucking, and I simply cannot continue.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:40 pm

In post 1940, Lukewarm wrote:These are a mix of my reads on the slots, and also responses to some of their posts, as well as just posts that stood out to me.

Spoiler: Snarky Fishes
Town, but a couple questions for ffery

Off the bat, I would say that bell feels like the town bell that I have seen elsewhere. In like, every post. Most of this will be about ffery.

's "I don't have a read of you, yet. you haven't given me something to snapread!" -> 's "I like 319!"

Was the thing that first made me feel like ffery was town and trying to sort me. She had been wrapped up in her strange song and dance with cabd / penguin. Then I reached out to her, and then she was on the look out for the kind of post that would give her a snap read. Seems like a nothing post, but in that moment I felt like me and ffery were both town and finding one another. That was my own snap read on her.

I kind of don't like her -> though. Medea is very close to being speed elim'ed, with him essientially at e-1 (counting Annie's intent to vote), and she is unsure on his alignment, and when I ask if I should be voting medea I got a non answer. I guess I would expect ffery to be a little more concerned about his eminent demise with her being self proclaimed "data acquisition mode." Like, she knows that a town!medea is a town asset, so if she had not yet sorted medea, why was she not angling for more time to sort him.

I saw ffery in data aquisition mode, and my first thought was "then I should give ffery more time to sort medea" hense the unvote, but when I asked her if I should stop voting him it just wasn't there.

So I guess, ffery. If you were still unsure on medea there, why were you not more concerned about a possible speed elim on them?

Later on, ffery fighting me on giving her a town read seemed like a town thought. One that I have had recently, of not understanding why someone else is town reading you.

- I am also confused by this, and would like some insight on it. I think that their explanation for their pre-break play slimy. A couple of other people (ceph and lld off the top of my head) seem to think so too, so I am curious what you are seeing that we are missing?

- The hood reach out from ffery feels
very town
to me. If she is scum, positioning around a Luke miselim, there is no need. If she is scum, trying to pocket me, dropping a read list with me sitting at the bottom like an hour later seems like a bad strategy

Ffery's back and forth with unwnd feels vaugly townie, but it also made my eyes glaze over :dead:

stands out to me tho. The "If you only knew how dangerous that actually is" feels like bravado hinting at a powerful role to get unwnd to back off, but all the way back in she describes her ability as "it's hard to imagine a more useless one. But it's not a poison doc"

I already talked about 's read on me being shocking for a town ffery, but she has somewhat walked that back. None of the other reads stand out too much to me, other then ffery wanting medea in the top tier, and I still don't feel like I understand that. Would very much like ffery to talk more about that read, specifically what resulted in the hard switch before and after break.

I realized that I never responded to . The rolleyes emoji was mainly because cabd dropped a read list with me at the very bottom, and I wanted to respond to it, but it was a completely naked read list, and even doing a search of their iso on me I found nothing other then vague suspiciouns, so there was not really anything to respond to. Que emoji.

Back to eyes glazed over interaction with unwnd.

Spoiler: Annie Edison
Notty feels very town. Bulge feels aggressively null. So lean town over all

I am like 50 posts in, and there is nothing that really stands out as specifically comment worthy, but it feels very town tonally.

I have actually decided that the "36 hours thing" is probably just wrong, and I am basically dropping it on the reread.

Post 482 - "I didn't like the awkwardness around Morph's reads. I don't know his full history, and maybe im just used to it by now but it just feels like artificial busywork looking back. And yeah I commented on it being tricky to understand them and like, I get it, but multiple people said to leave it."

I actually want to comment on this, and it is in part related to my rant, but, I had a very clear desitination with this, and actually got a little pissed with the way cabd interacted. In the end, I realized that I misunderstood his read on ffery, so my point was moot, but here it is.

Here is what I saw at the time:

I read as shade on ffery, and implying a scum read building on her.

Then I read , which looks like a slip that he actually knows that she is town. Betting that "she's in data acquisition mode, but already" has a basic read implys that he is 100% sure that she is actively trying to sort him.

But again, I just saw a post that was shading her. So, seemed like a major inconsistency.

I had one step I wanted to make before I pointed it out to the class, and that was to clarify cabd's read on ffery to make sure. Seems like it should be easy. Post . It was a very pointed question. If he answered "I am leaning scum" them bam, I have something. If he says "I am leaning town" then I misunderstood, and we can move on.

Instead he was a bit of a dick. .
You (notty) try to tell me that I should just accept not understanding what they are saying(), but I HAVE AN INCONSISTENCY I WANT RESOLVED ().
I think that his response is rediculous (), and that is not going to be the reason I drop this inconsistency, so I ask ffery ()
Ffery, for some reason also decides to avoid giving me a straight answer ()
But, I gathered from her answer, that he throught she was town. Which resolved the inconsistency ()

You called this all busy work, but that was luke actively trying to solve. And if cabd had given me a straight answer, even the appearance of busy work would not have been there.

----

Posts continue to tonal be town, he looks like he is actively sorting. Feels town.

. The catch on the inconsistencies in the manatee wall looks good.

. Unwnd did not like the collective "we" there, and maybe it was not good for thread health or what ever point unwnd was trying to make, but I think that it looks townie. Like a townie who feels like they are already forming a nice little town block to the point of using the collective we

Still don't know what bulge was reffering to when he talked to me. Like it seemed to boil down to thinking I honed in on pointless things, but the things I was honing in on still feel like they were relevent, and if anything I feel like everyone else just breezed past something that could be alignment indicative, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel numb wrt my interaction with bulge. Like nothing felt overtly scummy but it did not feel overtly townie either.

Notty's fight with AA9 felt townie. Very much looked like a townie in a tunnel. Him dropping it after seeing that other game felt even townier

is a town post

Just in general, I find myself agreeing with almost every post notty makes (excluding his tunnel on AA9. I was pretty null on her when that happened)

I plan on doing more the rest of these in the morning. But like I said, going through those 2 isos was soul sucking, and I simply cannot continue.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by unwnd »

I'll sheep you LLD, just don't make me regret it

VOTE: Medea
Stop
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

------------------

This is like excatly my bottom 3 atm. They even mesh decently well together as a team. I do worry that it feels too easy if I, the over gamed and relatively newer player (newest player??), am the one who spotted the exact scum team.

Especially since it would imply that people like ffery and unwnd are town and are just... not seeing that team.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:16 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Something I meant to go back and add, but that I forgot
Spoiler: Addendum for Bulge
In post 974, Annie Edison wrote:I guess the real difference I'm trying to get at luke is that in the situations you referenced, you were pushing scum for misplays. that's what I mean by focused on the right things. i'm not saying "scum luke hones in and town luke doesn't". I just think you're focusing on pointless bull and coming off somewhat defensive in the process, and it's jarring to me.
I missed this the first time through the thread. I still don't think that I see the distinction that you are trying to draw.

In Newbie 2065, this is the post that resulted in me scum reading T3, and pushing him out
In post 37, T3 wrote:Bulge, what particularly stuck out to you about that? What stuck out to me was mostly that it was a brand newbie supposedly having read a bunch of games. This reads to me as if almost fake helpful and as if it was fed by a scumpartner.
Now, the post that stood out to me from Penguin
In post 270, Medea the Alien wrote:Talk to me about Lukewarm. Because, self-centered as it is, I didn't like his whole 'nice guy' approach to the idea of yeeting Cabd with a 'poor penguin doesn't play many games these days' sentiment. Maybe I'm just a bitch, but if you find scum you yeet scum and let them troll the dead thread instead. I realize Lukewarm has a persona of 'wouldn't have condoned the Marci quickelim, let everyone have a turn with the class teddy bear' but does he really think anyone who believes a slot that has both Cabd and a scum role PM should be giving it room out of pity?

I miss incisive Lukewarm that I've spectated elsewhere.

--PA

Penguins is much prettier, and nicely structured, but they are even structured the exact same way. "@TownieA. Tell me more about why you are suspicious of TownieB. Here is why I am suspicious to help prop that up." And in both situations I was 100% sure that TownieB was town (first game it was my mason partner, this game it was me) which I think helped me spot it.

So, you witnessed me catch a scum player for exactly this kind of post before, what makes you dismiss this one as "honing in on the wrong things"?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:41 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

And bulge, if you don't think either post is scummy, more power to you. It just feels weird for you to act like I am honing in on something wildly different this game.

If you were not sharing a slot with notty, I would probably be leaning a little towards you being disengenuous in the vague distinction you are drawing. But you are sharing a slot. So I guess I am hoping this will help you see the similarities.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:57 am

Post by Spiffeh »

UNVOTE:
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:00 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Anyone wanna be a pal and link some completed penguin_alien scum games?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:04 am

Post by Spiffeh »

LLD can you unpack why you're scum reading me? Is it because of my recent posts?

Or because I fit nicely into a Manatee and Medea scum team?

Or I've just done nothing that you townread so it's mostly PoE?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:05 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Or maybe there's specific posts you thought were bad?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”