False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:01 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2344, House wrote:Strange statement if that's supposed to be coming from a town perspective, considering there's only 1 scum left.
Well I more meant plenty of time left in the day phase to establish myself as nightkill-worthy. But while we're on the subject of that, I guess it does apply to the number of night phases I can have to get nightkilled.

Obviously, if the last scum gets eliminated, then the game ends, but if we don't end the game today: I can die tonight.
If I live to see tomorrow, that's 5 alive; if the game doesn't end then, I can die then.

So less than I thought (for some reason I thought we had 9 alive so that there'd be 3 nights before lylo rather than 2), but still a reasonably long amount of time. I obviously prefer to be a bit more of a shortsighted battering ram of sorts, where I don't need to plan to the lategame since I intend to die or end the game with scum all dead before then, but that doesn't mean I can't. Whenever I am in a game where I've got decent reason to believe that I won't die like my preferred battering ram approach, I always plan ahead, I always think ahead, I always try to balance for the planning, long-term town strategy involved, thinking ahead, setting up for the long 'con' (in spite of being town). And I'm more or less saying that there's plenty of time for my planning and strategy to lead to my death pre-lylo.
In post 2346, House wrote:Pretty sure it was probably mentioned in the PT. :roll:
I mean.
In post 2336, mastina wrote:Granted, I imagine that doesn't hardclear me. I could still have the knowledge from scumbuddies, I guess. But I wasn't aware T3 was Crono until he flipped as such.
In post 2338, Angel Warriors wrote:I believe all of us agree lukewarm is town so it should be good to do that?
While I'm not convinced Lukewarm's town, he does give off town vibes. He's definitely "town enough", as it were. We're not talking, "in final 4 autocleared town", if Lukewarm reached final 4 that would trigger alarms and a need to reevaluate if he's really town, but town enough means, basically, "cleared until final 4" to me.

For the record, you're the other slot I have in that category. Higher up mind you, borderline autocleared-even-in-final-4, but I've not done the needed isowork there to be sure. (You are a slot whose both heads I feel like I can read pretty well and you look town but I've not looked at your iso to make sure.)
In post 2339, Roden wrote:Mastina please just pick somebody to claim next. That choice matters in regards to trying to read you.
In post 2334, mastina wrote:Not-Angel Warriors and not-you(Lukewarm) would be the best I've got.
If you want better than that, what you need to do is to give me time to actually develop tangible reads. I'm mostly improvising, flying by the seat of my pants right now, in trying to find a direction, trying to get a lockdown, trying to get a grasp, a hold, on the game, where to look, what to focus on, what to dig into, where to search, etc.

On its own, that's a process which takes time. It can be sped up by people interacting with me, giving me better ideas on things to focus on, giving me information, perspectives, etc., but nobody has given me much in that way yet, soooooo.

I repeat:
In post 2334, mastina wrote:you want someone who
hasn't read the game
and, explicitly,
has no reads
, to be the first person to choose someone next to claim? Very poor decision. :P
I've got fuckall of any idea who to select next, it'd literally be selecting a name out of a hat.
You have only yourselves to blame. :P

I
am
trying tho. I'm working on it.
In post 2341, Lukewarm wrote:I disagree on frog claiming vt. That seems pointless, and just sets us up to all claim VT, and get no where :/
For the record I've had my thoughts on the setup from the moment I got my role PM but I would like to stress that I feel like any speculation about the nature of the setup is anti-town and only serves to benefit the scum. If the scum don't know what to think about the setup, what to expect, etc., then why the fuck should we give them that insight? So I would strongly encourage you not talk about this chain of thought. Massclaiming is fine, setup spec is not.
In post 2343, Roden wrote:We're in a really tough spot and I don't think it's wise to trust anyone unless we figure out a hard clear.
I have a philosophy for precisely this situation!
It's a philosophy that causes a great deal of grief to town players who're, rightly, miffed that they are suddenly being scumread out of what amounts to paranoia, but in spite of that inherent flaw to the philosophy, I consider it a necessary evil to invoke it when we get to the situation where the last scum can't be found easily:
"When everyone has a reason to be town, it means at least one person who has reason to be town, isn't."
Or some variation on that to give the same basic meaning.

Which is that you have to delve into the reasons for every player being town and delve into the reasons for every player being scum. If a player has absolutely no reason to be scum, then you aren't being critical enough in your evaluation/thinking. Even a player who you can soulread, have strong meta on, have very very strong reasons to be town, isn't immune to this--if you can't see the reasons for that player possibly being scum, you've made a grave mistake, even if the read you have is 200% correct.

The point of this isn't so much to have zero townreads and to scumread everyone, but to engage in more thorough critical thinking, that both gets rid of your biases, gets rid of your preconceived notions, and forces you to analyze more deeply and thoroughly every slot in the game and then weigh them on a scale. So that player who you can soulread and have strong meta on and has strong reasons to be town? After you can see the reasons for that player to possibly be scum, you then dismantle the reasons for why they could possibly be scum by recognizing how weak those reasons are, how unlikely those reasons are, and reestablish how strong the reasons for them to be town are, to solidify them as a slot you should never ever eliminate, at the top of your tierlist from towniest to scumiest.

And then you keep on doing that for every slot in the game, repeating the analysis. Weighing the merits of the reasons for them to be scum (are they valid or are they surface) vs. weighing the merits of the reasons for them to be town (are they valid or are they surface) to evaluate towniest to least-townie overall, instead of trying to necessarily locate the final scum.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:03 am

Post by House »

You latching onto Mara catching the softed guilty was you TMI'ing it to be true.

We still don't know for sure that Gamma was investigative. I'm going to laugh my ass off post-game if what Mara "caught" as a soft wasn't actually a soft.

You bought it unquestioningly because you knew he was red.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:05 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Okay so now it isn't that I was just joining in on your push when it was decided, it's that I joined in TOO early. Totally not a complete reversal of your previous point.
I prefer they, thanks :)
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:07 am

Post by House »

In post 2377, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay so now it isn't that I was just joining in on your push when it was decided, it's that I joined in TOO early. Totally not a complete reversal of your previous point.
It's not.

No towncred for blindly buying a soft catch. You TMI'ed knowing it was true.

No towncred for lying about being the one to restart pressure on Cyrus after he claimed cop + results. Luke and I did that. You joined in after it was clear her wasn't getting a pass.

No reversal, whatsoever.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:09 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I didn't claim I restarted pressure...
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:10 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I was just ALWAYS pushing him. The only time I stopped pushing him was when I had IRL shit to do.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:10 am

Post by House »

In post 2379, Dwlee99 wrote:I didn't claim I restarted pressure...
You just want towncred for TMI'ing a soft catch was legitimate?

Fucking lol.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:11 am

Post by mastina »

Btw RE: House v Dwlee:
If I were forced to choose a side I'd go House > Dwlee but I actually think both look town.

I realize both looking town isn't good enough when everyone has a reason to look town, which is why if I were forced to pick a side I'd side with House over Dwlee, but I obviously need time to make a better call there by doing my own digging. If the last scum were definitely between House or Dwlee I would say the scum was Dwlee but I need time before I say the last scum is Dwlee if that makes sense.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:12 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2381, House wrote:

Fucking lol.
That was the LEAST SOFT soft I have ever seen.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:20 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 1750, Dwlee99 wrote:I caught Gamma's soft: that's why I suddenly read changed on Guillotina. I backed off of it though when Gamma seemed to stop pushing what I thought was a guilty. I forgot about it on day start but I agree it might be worth looking at.
I think it is the post that has me most confused with sorting the Dwlee slot. On the one hand, admitting to seeing the Gamma soft. On the other hand, why does scum admit that here?
In post 2376, House wrote:You latching onto Mara catching the softed guilty was you TMI'ing it to be true.

We still don't know for sure that Gamma was investigative. I'm going to laugh my ass off post-game if what Mara "caught" as a soft wasn't actually a soft.

You bought it unquestioningly because you knew he was red.
And as I ask, I see an answer.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:21 am

Post by Marashu »

Mastina, are you going to be doing catch-up, or just playing fresh through D4?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:22 am

Post by Marashu »

(You've implied the latter, but I think I need it spelled out)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:30 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2385, Marashu wrote:Mastina, are you going to be doing catch-up, or just playing fresh through D4?
I'd be lying if I didn't say I held delusions of grandeur of doing the former--the former is always the more thorough route that leads to better chances of being informed and catching things others have missed. I always want to, I always entertain the possibility of doing it, I always think about doing it, wondering about it, considering delving into it.

But I used the phrase 'delusions of grandeur' for good reason because realistically speaking, no, I can't catch up on everything, and the best way to do things is sadly the latter, so yes, it will indeed be fresh. Aside from delving into random isos with the appropriate inspiration/drive/kick/influence/lens to look at them in. (Mod iso for vcs, checking player isos, etc.) Maybe with select pages highlighted to see expanded context not shown in an iso.

Haven't had an inspiration in where to start looking yet though, with a good lens to focus on. (Basically, I don't know what to look for, yet, and isos that I don't know what I am looking for in cause my eyes to glaze over as I go, "I see these words here. They sure are words.", and that doesn't really help. I need focus, I need purpose, behind an iso and I've yet to hone in on a purpose/iso combo, if that makes sense. I'm trying, it's just not an instantaneous process.)
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:31 am

Post by House »

In post 2383, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 2381, House wrote:

Fucking lol.
That was the LEAST SOFT soft I have ever seen.
Such a least soft soft that you didn't bother pointing it out when it was posted.

So believable. This is me being persuaded. Look how effective that post is.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:32 am

Post by House »

Start with my ISO, mastina.

It's a roller coaster.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:42 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 996, Gamma Emerald wrote:Luke. There’s a very good reason for why I said I believed Kyouko on Guillo, but unless I have to I don’t want to have to get into it. Just know you’re barking up the wrong fucking tree.
In post 999, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Guillotina
Was half-tempted to vote Roden but I really think this is where people should be voting.
In post 1004, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Guillo
Okay I guess I'm kind of bored with Roden anyway so I'm fine seeing where this goes.
Here is where I saw it initially. I wasn't going to loudly claim a cop soft. I just joined the wagon silently.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:47 am

Post by House »

In post 854, Dwlee99 wrote:The case is that Kyo spewed you scum, you came in prepared to push the droo WIFOM, and you TMI'd droo not being able to hammer.

I don't believe that you've read my games more than a cursory skim. I'm also obligated to say metabad.
How can town spew a player scum?

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:52 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

By saying they are 100% sure and then flipping town.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:54 am

Post by House »

In post 2392, Dwlee99 wrote:By saying they are 100% sure and then flipping town.
So a VT eating they're 100% sure a player is scum has their information 100% correct after they die?

Then town should never lose another game as long as they can catch at least one other scum without that miraculous event. :lol:

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:55 am

Post by House »

In post 2393, House wrote:
In post 2392, Dwlee99 wrote:By saying they are 100% sure and then flipping town.
So a VT saying they're 100% sure a player is scum has their information 100% correct after they die?

Then town should never lose another game as long as they can catch at least one other scum without that miraculous event. :lol:

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:57 am

Post by House »

In post 2390, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 996, Gamma Emerald wrote:Luke. There’s a very good reason for why I said I believed Kyouko on Guillo, but unless I have to I don’t want to have to get into it. Just know you’re barking up the wrong fucking tree.
In post 999, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Guillotina
Was half-tempted to vote Roden but I really think this is where people should be voting.
In post 1004, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Guillo
Okay I guess I'm kind of bored with Roden anyway so I'm fine seeing where this goes.
Here is where I saw it initially. I wasn't going to loudly claim a cop soft. I just joined the wagon silently.
That's fair.

The "town spewed u scum lolz" shit IS hilarious, though.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:59 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2389, House wrote:Start with my ISO, mastina. It's a roller coaster.
Will do this next night I have time. (I prioritize keeping up with the thread > reading past stuff including isos, so I need to stay up to date on the thread. I'm up to date on the thread but it's literally 6 am right now and I am tired. I can keep up to date with the thread right now until I go to bed but I don't have the lucidity to handle an iso. So the next time I log in, I'll be lucid, but I'll need to catch up on the thread. If after catching up with the thread I am still lucid I'll do the iso then. Basically in order to do isowork I need to be caught up with the present AND be in a mindstate to handle the extra work beyond the caught up with the present. I have the former now but not the latter due to 6amness. Next time I log in I'll have the latter but initially not the former, the hope is that I will get the former quickly and still have the time/lucidity for the latter.)

Will probably be heading to bed soonish tho. Artificially woke myself up today to have time to take a shower and try to wake up before I'd be in prod range (I failed by about 30 minutes unfortunately in that if I had taken a shorter shower and less time on breakfast I'd have accomplished my goal but sadly did not), and that's taken its toll on my tiredness. Also bad depression has set in (it should tell you something that in less than two weeks, I've gotten to the second Q&A on ELLC and read that far into the story in less than two weeks; this is the same depression-induced speed-reading which allowed me to get through 2/3rds of the entirety of Worm, literally over a million words, in that same timeframe) so between bad depression + lateness of the time + artificially interrupted sleep schedule I def am tired and don't have long left in me.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:00 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I mean funny sure, scummy no.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:00 am

Post by House »

UNVOTE:

I'm losing faith in this read. I thought he was wanting towncred for relighting the fire under Cyrus after the claim, but he denied that. Jumping on with Gamma instead of waiting for Mara to point it out (which is what I thought happened) gives his story credibility.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:10 am

Post by mastina »

(Noteworthy reading accomplishments:
Reading Twilight in one night;
Reading New Moon in one night, the night immediately after I read the entirety of Twilight;
Reading Eclipse in one night, the night immediately after I read the entirety of New Moon;
Reading Breaking Dawn in two nights, the night immediately after Eclipse;
Reading the third book of The Last Dragon chronicles before realizing it was the third book in the series, and then reading the first book, second book, and rereading the third book in the course of a single plane flight that lasted less than 24 hours;
Reading through ~25 chapters of Worm in ~2-3 weeks, a wordcount of over a million words, then taking a hiatus from the story;
Upon returning to reading Worm, finishing the remainder of the story in ~2-3 weeks;
In less than 2 weeks started I think 2 weeks as of this upcoming Friday or so getting to this point in Everybody Loves Large Chests.

I am both a fast reader and someone who is suffering from borderline insomnia due to severely crippling depression who also has way too much free time on her hands and the unique combination of all of those and that reading stories often helps me sleep mean that when I have something to read, I read it quickly. Webcomics are like this, too, but less impressive. After all, it's not
really
that impressive if you binge-read over 1k comics in a couple of nights, is it?

...Is it?

...Okay maybe it is but I've done that for so many webcomics that I don't keep track of them--bingereading ~300-600 comics in a single night is a "light read" for me--whereas for stories that are purely literature the number of times is precisely the above as far as I can recall.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”