Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:23 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Here is where I think T3 slipped his partner....
In post 10, T3 wrote:Players in order of readability:
Really easy: Lukewarm, marcistar
Also ez but slightly less: Pavowski, Toogeloo
I have some idea: Enchant, HockeyFan
Screw alts:
Hectic alt
, Galron, Vulture
OPENWOLF: NM
I had no idea that Art was Hectic's alt until Hectic officially replaced into the game. After he replaced in, I went and looked at Art's posting history. There is no reference that Art was Hectic there. So then I checked Hectic's posting history, and I went all the way back to the beginning of July (Art was born mid-July). There was no mention of an Art alt there. So how did T3 know that Art was Hectic's alt? An alt like that probably needs an ego post from it's main account in a private topic, especially for easier communicating.

My suspicion is Hectic made himself known in the mafia chat and T3 slipped that knowledge in the beginning of the game.

If I had the gun, Hectic would be my next shot.

My third suspect is Pavowski, which is more gut.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:35 am

Post by Vulture »

Err.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:36 am

Post by Vulture »

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:43 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Bah, alright. Guess that theory is shot.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:51 am

Post by Vulture »

Maybe I should have let that play out more. :/
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:51 am

Post by Vulture »

Toog, knowing that now though, what are your thoughts/was that what you were keeping secret?
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:00 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 512, Hectic wrote:T3 talks about marci a lot and kinda uses her as an anchor which makes her slightly more like to be town
He "hard clears" Enchant on page 1 for bad reasons but it's a bold way to treat a scum partner

^One of these is probably still scum though

He doesn't mention Pavowski much at all which is more eyebrow raises in that direction
In post 517, Hectic wrote:
In post 514, Vulture wrote:Both of them have some bad posts but I don’t think they’re scum together for how Enchant defended Marci?

It feels like a weird way to treat a scum partner to go “no they’re just bad someone is framing them” and then not saying who.
Yeah, I think we're looking at 1 of Enchant/Marci (probably marci), Pavowski, and 1 sneaky deepwolf
Agree with both of these from Hectic ^. Marci has grown on me a bit and I think im willing to take her out of my scum list.

I think Vulture is town from their recent posts, could be a deepwolf but Im not entertaining that idea rn.

1 question for you tho Hectic. Why are u entertaining the idea of a deepwolf being present so early? Also who do you think that deepwolf is?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:02 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Yeah, the main reason I wanted to keep it quiet is I wanted to see how Hectic played it out. I tried to verbalize how optimal scum play would be to make sure people weren't just assuming pro-town play meant someone was hard locked town, something Hectic as scum would very much employ.

I'm not going to clear Hectic, but my hope there was a scumslip to help dunk the case is sadly not there.

Pavowski still remains my strongest scum read based on gut.

The only non-GB person I feel comfortably as town is Luke.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Hectic »

HockeyFan

Vulture

Lukewarm

Toogeloo

marcistar

Enchant

Pavowski

^Given those are my reads, and I think it's Pavowski + exactly 1 of Enchant/marcistar, it would mean 1 person I'm townreading in the top 4 is scum, our dear DEEPWOLF

Although, perhaps Toogeloo wouldn't qualify as a deepwolf given he's not as strong of a townread

That's a nice theory btw, Toogeloo, kinda towny
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:52 am

Post by Hectic »

Lukewarm's lack of deep solving is actually starting to worry me slightly. My experience of seeing town!him is being very analytical and proactive. There's been shades of that this game but it's started to peter out

Also, if you CTR+F T3 in his ISO, you see mentions of him saying he thinks he could flip scum, but never a reason why. I find this especially strange for Lukewarm given the familiarity he has shown with T3 in the past
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Vulture »

Don’t tempt me with what I have tried to let go.

Earlier on, it did feel more like Luke wanted to convince me that he was genuine about how he was treating N_M which I still think was weird given the fact that if he was town he should have bit back or wondered more “huh, wonder why they’re saying this.”

Maybe he wasn’t worried because I was the only person who was saying it and N_M had already threaten to shoot me so he could have felt “in.” Meh.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:00 am

Post by Hectic »

That's true, I've noticed he's had less bite than what I'm used to as well

I remember initially scumreading him in our last game together and he interrogated me because he was naturally suspicious of my read

How he's reacted to my initial suspicion as Art and to yours earlier contrasts that this game
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:02 am

Post by Hectic »

Hum de dum

HockeyFan
Vulture
Toogeloo
Lukewarm
marcistar
Enchant
Pavowski

Anyways, I feel bad for saying it because he seems like a nice guy, but I really do think Pavowski should be the next shot, Galron. I'm fairly confident on him flipping scum just based on the way he's been posting this game, my gut's been screaming it at me for a while now
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:05 am

Post by Vulture »

235 is Luke’s first “solving” post.

There’s a lot of poking at people and saying things but it’s more about either being lighthearted or when I pushed at him, trying to convince me that I was interpreting him incorrectly. I don’t see why he isn’t with T3...
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Vulture »

In post 100, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 95, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 91, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 15, HockeyFan wrote:hmmm, still dont like you hard clearing soemone on page 1
It is probably a bad reason to hard clear someone, but it does look like t3 logic
Does you saying its "t3 logic" mean that this is NAI for t3?
Yeah, T3 can use some pretty questionable logic to read people as both alignments
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:07 am

Post by Vulture »

In post 197, Lukewarm wrote:T3, are you just town reading every slot?
I’m skimming but this sort of question doesn’t exclude them as partners imo.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Vulture »

In post 235, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 228, HockeyFan wrote:Ok then why are you suspicious of Marci?
In post 181, marcistar wrote:i think arts townie, i like their point about luke :oops: :oops:
This really bothered me. Like I said, she just saw me make almost identical posts about not_mafia in our last game together (newbie 2072), but then I remembered that in our game before that she even commented on me saying something similar to/about not_mafia (micro 1010).

One of the big read flags for me in our last game, was that Marci seemed VERY hesitant to ever give me a town read. I think that scum!Marci worries about be getting thread control

Spoiler:
Here is actually, every time that marci gave an opinion on me day 1 in newbie 2072
Luke seems off
Lukewarm - null (? maybe a slight scum lean)
Lukewarm - :?: I have no idea what to think about luke still

And this was like a thing that kept pinging me that game, but then I kept ignoring it. Well, not ignoring, but I kept being like, marci this is weird, why are you doing this? Marci, you know me better then this? ect, but then never actually scum read her for it, and then the game ended without me ever actually calling her scum for it.

So, when I saw that post this game, actually gonna treat it as a red flag
I wonder, could it be Marci if Luke is scum? T3 defending and Luke bussing with this because it’s what he can jump on but it’s not very damning either and can be backed up from.

Hum.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:12 am

Post by Vulture »

In post 282, Pavowski wrote:
In post 275, Lukewarm wrote:My shoot recommendations are at

People I trust with a gun: Art and me

People that I think might flip scum : Hockey, T3, Marci
I'm townreading t3 which makes me nervous and makes me think I should be scum reading him.

If I read Marci on this game alone I'd peg her as scummy, but Marci here does not feel like scum!Marci as I've seen her. I dunno if I'd shoot there.

Hockey I'm not sure about. Initial impression was scummy but if he's scum it's a pretty lazy effort.

Ugh everybody alive has a 50/50 shot at being scum, do not like. Gonna review d1 when I get back to my laptop.
This feels pretty meh in retrospect. I remember sympathizing with the 50/50 thing but the reasons are bad and also it fits.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:13 am

Post by Hectic »

marci was interacting and bouncing off Luke too much for S-S imo. Like I think it'd be a lot harder to use Luke as a focal point for scum!marci if he was also scum, it's work and harder to make look natural

Their interactions also didn't really look like theatre to me
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:15 am

Post by Vulture »

In post 336, Pavowski wrote:
In post 330, Hectic wrote:Could everyone give 3 or 4 players they think are scum, and why?

I'm suspicious of players who have voiced minimal or few scumreads, despite the fact there are FOUR scumazzers out and about from a town player's perspective. Players that fall under this category include T3, marcistar, Toogeloo, and probably others

It's probably pretty difficult for scum to voice many scumreads here, given they either have to choose in the limited pool of townies, or give scumreads on their buds
Pavowski wrote:
I'm still sitting in null on too many people: Toogelo, Vulture, Enchant.
I share your sentiment of suspicion and am therefore obliged to lean scum on these 3. From most to least scummy that'd be Toog -> Vulture -> Enchant, but that's based on not much and I want to hear more from them, hence my question on the previous page.

I have trouble reconciling my feelings on Marci and T3. T3 usually strikes me as scummy but feels towny, I think I'm gonna lean into that for now. I'm going with my gut to lean Marci into scum.

Hockey's play is weird but I like T3's read on it so I'm inclined to agree that Hockey feels town for now

I'm never gonna feel confident in a read on Luke, so he will probably spend most of the game in null for me but I have to put him as town for now, I don't think he's the move for today at any rate.

Then there's you (Hectic), who I think I'm towny on, but I'll have a better idea once I have some words from you to work with.

There I think I've done everybody, this is usually the point where people start scumreading me pretty hard.
In post 424, Pavowski wrote:
In post 414, Hectic wrote:I'd be disappointed if at least 2 of T3/marcistar/Pavowski weren't scum

We'd likely be in a good position if those 3 were the next 3 shots

Possibly a 5 town, 2 mafia situation
There very well could be 2 scum there, I'm less confident in my TR on T3 over time.

Sorry you didn't like my last 3 posts. Let me elaborate and clarify.

Toog is still in null and I could read them asking for the gun either way. I'm still leaning scum.

I didn't particularly feel I was playing defense against Hockey, moreso stating my philosophy.

And Marci, well, it looks like you agree with my conclusion on that slot if not my reasons, so I'll take it.
In post 438, Pavowski wrote:
In post 437, marcistar wrote:pavowski gib readlist :shifty:
Ehhhhh.

Town-lean (no particular order)
Hectic
Luke
Hockey

Null-to-scumlean (descending order)
Vulture
Enchant
T3

Scum (would probably shoot today if I held the gun)
Toog
Marci

Now you.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:17 am

Post by Vulture »

In post 545, Hectic wrote:marci was interacting and bouncing off Luke too much for S-S imo. Like I think it'd be a lot harder to use Luke as a focal point for scum!marci if he was also scum, it's work and harder to make look natural

Their interactions also didn't really look like theatre to me
I disagree honestly; with friends you can use the dynamic that you naturally have from being friends to override the alignment issues.

I have an easier time seeing (assuming Luke + Pav) Marci fit over Enchant... also the way she talked to me earlier too. And then didn’t talk to me.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Hectic »

Something always feels off even if you can't articulate it imo
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Vulture »

Eh. I’ve seen some games where it was masked pretty well.

Return to “Completed Open Games”