Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3726 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

nah it's just a game
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3727 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Medea the Alien »

In post 2816, Annie Edison wrote:Is it ye who took me scope and map?
Okay, getting this off my chest, this really pisses me off. Y'all managed to miselim town by diving into a whole barrel of goofing off and pirate speak, town who specifically said she was going to be MIA for a day, one day, for mental health reasons. I'm biased because I remember Too Many Heads and what happens when gimmicks take over a game, even if it was from a scum vantage point there, but I know I'm not the only one who remembers that clusterfuck. Looking at you, Cephrir. Shit wagon. Shit play all around.
In post 2834, Here There Be Dragons wrote:There are ways to attempt to learn someone's intentions. But no one will give us the time of day even though I'm doing my best. Meanwhile, medea talks, walks and quacks like a scum and gets a parade of reachouts and everyone falling all over themselves to give them chances because they just can't bear the thought ththeththey might be scum.

I get it, I'm not as cool as cabd. But this is a group of people I deliberately set out to play a game with and I'm now wondering why as I'm being treated like warmed over garbage.
You were happy to vote out Titus. You had plenty of people willing to go along with our wagon too. Heaven forfend you not get your choice of wagons; must mean you're being demeaned and treated horribly.

Here's your early posting on us:

Spoiler:
In post 180, Here There Be Dragons wrote:i do, however, want cabd to be scum who gets dunked immediately. he could use the ego deflation.

VOTE: medea
In post 368, Here There Be Dragons wrote:even if i were 100% locked on cabdscum which im not, i would say pls don't end the day until we figure out what we're doing with the shard. even if we decide not to use it, it should be intentional

gonna see if i can convince std and/or myself this actually is something.
In post 751, Here There Be Dragons wrote:ok yeah not much has changed for me in that last while.

i'm not impressed with medea. mostly these are things i've already mentioned. i disliked 186 quite a bit. i felt like that was an excuse for them to change the topic away from one that wasn't working for them. also looking at it again now, i feel like there are now multiple different reasons why they can't post reads. pick a lane (or just start solving). 214 bothered me as well.
i know that even if they're scum, they'll get a foothold, probably even with me, given enough time. i guess after witnessing the power of not giving scum the chance to bounce back in my game, i want to be morph even though i'm actually only okay at scumhunting which is sort of a key thing there.
i really expected them to be solving the whole ass game by now. maybe my expectations are wrong.

so, that's why i'm still voting there. it's annoying to me that the pressure has not produced much that interested me. i guess i'd like ffery, medea and/or LLD to interact with me about this and tell me if & why i'm wrong.

other concerns:
lukewarm has felt stuck out in the weeds to me all game. it doesn't remind me of his play in my game, but i could just be making this up. i'm also a little surprised he is scumreading manatee.

spiffeh's confident entrance followed by nothing, however, reminded me of my game a lot.
In post 1605, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 1587, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1585, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 1582, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1567, Annie Edison wrote:Rhea where should I be voting?
Vote: Manatee
Vote: Medea
Vote: Dragons
Vote: AA9
have you especially agreed or disagreed with anything that's been said about medea? feel like that is a direction that could really benefit from your input since i am not getting anywhere on my own
this may be ancient history at this point, but ,
maybe this is mostly redundant after the above two, but
also interested in your take on both and what they've done since -- fmpov, what came of "this changes everything" (source ) was a few mechanics related effortposts and... that's it.
i'm sure they'll have a lovely rainbow read wall coming or whatever, but that's bound to be full of crossed Ts and dotted Is anyway.

another thing i'd love would be for fferybell to show us what they see to allow you to comment on it, but they are steadfastly refusing to even acknowledge that i've asked them a question.
In post 1651, Here There Be Dragons wrote:you can still talk to me without arriving at a definitive conclusion about my alignment

i feel like i've done nothing but be concerned about you in this thread
and i might as well be invisible for all that you seem to have noticed

I'm stopping there because it gets pretty repetitive after that point. I have bolded the parts of interest to me. Expecting us to have solved the whole game. Dismissing the utility of any reads list we generate before it's even produced. Saying you feel like you've focused on nothing but us, when there's a lot of other posts from you that don't involve us, so that's pretty misleading.

I think this is pretty irrelevant because my understanding is that even after Dunnstral confirmed our role to the game thread, you're determined to see us through scummed over glasses. BoP is a lousy reason to tunnel someone. And saying that you're all alone and mistreated for your scum read on us...I don't like it. It's a heck of a way to open a game day where you've just been on a crappy wagon and then came in assuming your best/only shot at getting us elim'd was to make people feel guilty for not doing what you said.

While I'm at it, I may as well address the whole 'Dunnstral has confirmed Medea's role BUT THEY COULD BE A SCUM GATED DOCTOR!!1!' thing. I think Bork is a good game designer. He comes up with mechanics that mix things up, and then he looks at what scum needs to have to take advantage of those mechanics via night play. I'm trying to imagine a set-up with this mechanic where bork thought it was that important that one of scum's powered up role be a doctor (presumably good against vig shots). One of three potential powered up roles (since we know scum didn't start fully powered up across the board). And then gated it by saying it doesn't work if anyone else targets that player. Which means said player has to thread the needle as scum between being targeted by players who think they're town and want to help or players who think they're scum and want to investigate them. This doesn't make any sense. Scum's priorities here depending on strategy choice are going to be figuring out where shards should go if they're going for that wincon or making sure their own kills go off if they want the traditional wincon.

People whinging on about how it's a clear scum role are afraid to be caught looking foolish in the incredible edge case where this is secretly a game where scum are truly afraid of being shot to death by town overnight as one of their top play priorities. There, I said it. If you have a serious argument about what kind of game we're in where a scum gated doctor makes sense, I'll listen. If it's paranoia and an unwillingness to have been wrong about us... :crickets:

unwnd sure starts out thirsting for our blood. And is like pants-on-head unbelievably not with it/obtuse for a Day Two gamestate. A Dunnstral scum read. Oy. (yes, I'm going back and adding to this as I get further into his early posting)

...why is ManateeGirl reading like the voice of reason to me? Do I owe her and Lukewarm tea parties after this game?

I hate that Bell signs off at the top of 117 with 'we miselim'd on a wagon with a bunch of my townreads, but I'm A-OK with them staying town reads, ttfn.'

Here comes Dragons questioning why I didn't jump on Titus. When I clearly said that I was questioning why Titus would pull up the bait as scum and go on Pooky without waiting and why she felt differently between Pooky and me. Plus what Cabd posted about my opinion after we discussed it during the day where I concluded that while it sounded like a logical clean case, it was missing the human factor. He didn't call it that, but basically there's something I've struggled with where I want to scum read people who are illogical from my POV. It doesn't make them scum all the time, and that's where I landed on Titus in the end, especially since no one had a good answer for me about why she 'closed her trap' where and how she did as scum.

Pretty much skimming now until the point where I know Dunn is going to claim because going further into the weeds on things before information is on the table is going to be broken record.

Here we go. There's ffery posting...??? At least Spiffeh is looking towny to me.

Oh look, there's AA9 being town again.

Ooh, ooh, I found the 'angry-man-yelling-at-clouds' for you!
In post 2983, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 2982, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2977, Here There Be Dragons wrote:medea scum telling the truth about their role is my best guess at the moment
Big red x
thanks for that constructive input as always
Rhea claims hider, okay. Noting it but noting things are going to go real sideways from what Cabd said.

Right, this is where Rhea is convinced that scum-us would be directing a kill at her:
In post 3005, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 3003, Snarky Fishes wrote:@Rhea, are you thinking that Medea tried to kill you last night and that's why there was no kill?

-Bell
[✓]
I'm not scum-reading her for this, but I do think it's very much a) a self-centric POV that Cabd would feel the need to NK her as scum over everyone else calling for our heads and b) not really making much sense with likely scum priorities. We had an abysmal Day One in terms of gaining thread influence. Being the Day One elim was not out of the question, and we weren't in a strong position to dictate day play Day Two either. I'm not seeing where a scum team confers overnight and decides to make a kill that prioritizes the interests of a player who's that on the ropes, especially when letting that Demonic player get elim'd could very easily help advance their wincon anyways, especially with a nice side order of bussing. A player who's locked into a role claim. I realize that Cabd is built up to be a bugaboo in her head, but it's not a sound conclusion at all.

Also interested to know if Rhea bothered to look into my half of the hydra at all or is assuming Cabd is running the show.

Anyways.

Even more than Rhea's read, I REALLY don't like unwnd's interest in linking our flips. Lazy play as town, I expect better.

Wow. Dragons basically blows right over Dunnstral's reveal. Goes right to the 'scum doctor' playbook.
In post 3037, Dunnstral wrote:Hot take: one of annie edison/snarky fishes is scum; unwnd, manatee, medea, lld are all town
Note to self to get more on Dunn's thoughts on possible town-unwnd here if it doesn't come up later.

Oh god. I just got to unwnd's , turned to Cabd, and asked if unwnd ever figures out what the game rules actually say. Apparently he does, so I'm blowing over all that because it'll give me a headache and I have to get sleep tonight.

Wait. We know Annie wanted a shard, got voted one with unwnd's help, and unwnd didn't have a scum read on Annie overnight. And it's possible that that shard only got her partway to Demon powered. But he didn't use his own role to ensure it happened with 48 hours to consider this? Lukewarm, remind me why it's bad to scumread people for lacking logic.
In post 3136, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 3131, Spiffeh wrote:Just a reminder that Pooky replying snarkily to suspicion directed at him does not absolve any of his horrendously scummy behavior last Day and we should not just continue to overlook him because he has cute quips lined up in response to valid allegations.

I will continue to repeat this until he is limmed.
we're busy, you can bus later ;3
I realize this is in jest, but to be clear, this is positing a Medea-Spiffeh-Pooky team with town-Dunn.

Okay, I'm having a bit of a hard time imagining unwnd making the posts he is in the mid-120's pages as scum. In the pooky-unwnd tug of war in my brain, pooky is inching closer to that face full of mud.
In post 3242, Spiffeh wrote:I understand Medea is a very popular scum read rn

I have been town reading like every single PA post and scum reading most Cabd posts, which is not helpful. But I actually finally saw flashes of town!Cabd the ~night of the hammer~. I'm curious as to how Annie Edison and Snarky Fishes are reading Medea at this point?
Did you get a chance to look at my linked scum games at all?
In post 3253, Annie Edison wrote:Spiffy if I ever tell you I’m positive Cabd is town you need to kill me yesterday

It helps in the realm that any team with Cabd is now basically forced to include Dunn, unless we consider the option Bork added in a godfather esque scum role specifically to hit Dunn’s role and the stars all aligned to make it happen n1
So a reflexive role cop that's specifically given a fake role result even though it's not an AI claim by default and it's stuck getting results only on those who target it, not having agency. Step outside and breathe some nice paranoia-free air, see how it feels.
In post 3271, Annie Edison wrote:Oh, also, unwnd, please don’t power me up, I don’t really think it’s worth putting scum closer to wincon. Make them do it themselves.
This pings like hell. It makes zero sense for a player to come in, want a shard enough to make sure the day didn't end before the vote went through, and then explicitly want to not get the second shard ASAP. Scum know Annie has a shard. They know they only need to give her one more for another demon on their chalkboard. Annie wanted the power-up enough to think it was worth it initially. Why sit around on one shard and not get the power to use versus being a late-game scum ace in the hole for their wincon? Is this town-Annie really not thinking, or is this scum-Annie hoping unwnd does use his power elsewhere and helps scum wincon inadvertantly rather than superfluously sharding Annie when she got a shard from her scum team already? I realize this could also be town-Annie going somewhere entirely different, but like I said, it pings.

I'm liking MG still on page 132. Send Day One-PA help. Adding in when I do that reread re: Rhea to reconsider a Day One town-MG.

Oh hi Cabd. This post repeats some of what you said. Oh well. But I'm more polite about it in places. I'm the duckling who asked for the cookie nicely and you're the pigeon.

Ugh, much as I think Dragons is scum here, Pooky isn't making me want him to live here.
In post 3523, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I think you targeting Dunnstral with a doctor protection is fucking absurd. That's an incredibly low value target who I almost hid behind last night because he was never getting killed. It makes it feel more like a setup.
This pisses me off, not least because I picked our target. I hated most of the Titus wagon aside from Lukewarm (not harping on that, just saying where I was coming from). Spiffeh and AA9 struck me as unlikely NKs (in the former's case if town). I assumed any protection would be rendered moot, but Cabd opted to go the tryhard route with our role. And if I'm choosing between you and Dunnstral, he was my stronger town read. If you died, I got more data from a town-Rhea flip than a town-Dunn flip, sorrynotsorry.

I feel like you, Rhea, came into this game having heard legends of the Great and Mighty Scumslayer Cabd, but when he rolled into the local tavern, he turned out to be a washed-up drunk instead. And that the disconnect there is coloring all your subsequent reads on us. Including the idea that we've done things this game that have nothing to do with you. That's not an insult. That's just the nature of this game.

I don't really have anything to ask you about here; I might when I have time for my D1 reread/skim.
In post 3566, Here There Be Dragons wrote:i believe their claim is real because of Dunn, i just don't know if they're town.
Reaching out specifically here, you're trying to be agnostic about claims. But claims are pretty darn relevant in mafia games. Our role is confirmed, you state you believe it's real. What scenario do you think this game is in where that role is scum?
In post 3584, unwnd wrote:Let the record state that I am not just sheeping Medea

There's a lot about CephTD that individually pings me, there's a reason I had them as a scumread D1. I could write about it if people desired
I desire. And reading further see you did so. And I like it; it summarizes how I felt D1 from the POV of someone who wasn't on their target list.
In post 3602, Here There Be Dragons wrote:unwnd can you please unvote so i can get this effortpost out.
Looking. Reading and deleting everything that's emotional in my view:

Spoiler:
In post 3618, Here There Be Dragons wrote: there is so much evidence for medea scum. it's my whole iso. 2290 is a smoking gun, and still, no one will give it the time of day. you'll congratulate them for being so clever and outplaying everyone even though they've been open wolfing since page 10.

someone said that scum wouldn't behave this way around the titus elim, they'd happily vote there -- you're straight wrong. that case was so good, that once any momentum landed there, the elim was always going to happen. that's why medea suddenly turned their titus read on a dime even though it was completely inconsistent with their previous opinion -- again, please read 2290 -- it's the oldest play in the book to call someone town when you know they'll flip town and now you look like a smart genius who should be followed. i'm not very impressed. let's just lemming ourselves straight off the cliff because lord cabd said we can swim!

this is really the only reason i'd be willing to consider pooky town -- i don't think he needed to hammer to make sure that happened. it was happening. but, it's more likely by far that he is just medea's partner. it's telling that they haven't gone after each other essentially at all, no?

i have put my everything into casing medea all game. and you brainiacs are actually voting us for 3357.

no part of this even means anything. not voting medea for a while- i was EXTREMELY clear at the time about why i wasn't voting medea. how is the brain trust just not reading my posts to the point of buying this? it was
because std wasn't on board
. this entire "case" completely ignores the facts.

now, why are they even dropping such a dog shit case right now? firstly, if i'm such obvious scum, why can't they produce something better that has any relationship with my actual actions, why must they invent "emotional bullshit," as though they've never seen me be emotional as town when that was literally my last town game?

more importantly, why now? i put it to you that it's because we were going to elim their partner pooky. tenet showed them the power of refusing to bus even obvious partners.

i don't care if dunnstral is scum. it seems like that's the only way you'll all consider it. i think scum can have pretty much whatever role, but fine. sure. i thought ffery posted somewhere recently that she focuses on day play 99% or something like that. maybe i'm wrong and it was someone else. where is caring about day play? i don't think their role is impossible as scum, but fine, whatever, i'll pretend dunn has to be scum if you want. this sequence of night actions is so improbable that ockham alone gets us to this is a last ditch effort to prevent medea from going down. probably they see that dunn is unlikely to win alone, and medea and pooky were both going down. that means it's time to gambit. im amazed by the prevailing idea that cabd would not gambit here. it's only his entire schtick.

finally, pooky was around prior to his hammer with titus sitting at e-1. if their plan was to lolhammer, why didn't it happen sooner? well, i'd say it was awfully polite of this scum bear to nicely wait for medea to get their post out that they said they wanted to make before laying down the hammer. perhaps he also had to wait for them to check in and agree in the scum thread.

tell me this wagon on me doesn't remind you of foolish game losing wagons past. half of you don't even believe this (and yet interestingly it is still possible to get enough votes to elim me hm i wonder why... this isn't brain surgery). quit giving up because the truth is too hard for you and try to win. im currently being voted by the entire scumteam, unwnd who is rationalizing his ass off, LLD who openly doesn't even think i'm scum, and idk what annie is doing or why but if they could wake up that'd be G R 8.

First off, isn't remotely damning. Like, how does Titus's interaction with our readslist make us scum? I searched our ISO for mentions of the number '90' in case you were referencing another post of ours, but I'm coming up empty. Explain?

Then we're scum with Pooky, where we're scum for not being on the wagon, but Pooky is scum on the wagon. I don't see the connection.

I don't see where we or others are calling you scum for not voting us all the time. Given that we didn't even have our vote in play most of D1 that would be a bit absurd.

I would argue that our increased willingness to push you as a scum read draws a lot on a) how you came into Day Two ready to push us without evaluating the play around the town miselim wagon at all, and b) your reaction to us being role confirmed by Dunn, putting us out of easy miselim territory.

Getting to the part of this where it pulls together the disconnect between us not being on wagon = scum and Pooky on wagon = scum.

Interesting that we're supposedly only pushing you with Pooky in danger, when a lot of your complaints D1 were us scum reading you. Also interesting that you're willing to posit a complete scum team at this point with no flips of {Medea, Pooky, Dunn} and that's the way your case on us basically works. From the premise that Pooky needed Cabd to do his posting before LOLhammering. I wasn't reading along that night, but from my quick skim, Cabd had plenty of time to post what he wanted in earlier posts and let Pooky LOLhammer before the wagon got cold feet. But the big strategy is for him to post a short version of the doubts I expressed to him during the day and duck out? Do you think that's a strong play from scum-Cabd that sets us up to look ultra-towny the next day?

Also, for Cabd to gambit with scum-Dunn here locks both of them/us into firm claims. That's not Cabd's preferred method of locking himself into a path for two of the three scum team members.

Don't like the dismissal of Dunn either. Independent of Dunn's interaction with us, what's your take on him?

I'm also not seeing how you completely dismiss Annie's choice to vote you or unwnd's. It's very unreasoned.

What I'm getting from this is that we're scum for not game-solving early D1, for voicing our lack of conviction on the Titus wagon before it hit hammer, and the chance that everything with Dunn is a giant gambit that does very little to advance a scum team's position (with, as Lukewarm says, a very confirmable piece in Dunnstral's part of the claim; does scum have a *reflexive* rolecop and a gated doctor as their powers for two of the three members? I'd be very grumpy as scum in this position) My issue with this is that unless I'm missing a big piece of your effort post, what were you scumreading us for aside from not having a gamesolve ready in 20 pages?
In post 3639, Here There Be Dragons wrote:making it unfun has been their agenda and it's working great
Wow.

Hey ffery, can I make a suggestion? Go back and read/skim/whatever this game with that 75% of brainpower worrying about our alignment focused instead on considering the game with us as town. We shouldn't be in a rush today, and I'd still like to talk more with you if you're town, and maybe have you and Cabd actually work together in the thread instead of all of us being pissed off at one another (fully acknowledging that I've been a snarky penguin this game too). I think that if you think about it, you'll agree that us being a gated scum doctor here is highly unlikely, as is us being scum with Dunnstral where he fakeclaims something that's confirmable as a lie for himself (it's getting late and I'm not sure that makes sense, but try to follow me there).

Thank fuck I'm finally caught up.

--PA
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3728 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:07 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 3727, Medea the Alien wrote:Hey ffery, can I make a suggestion? Go back and read/skim/whatever this game with that 75% of brainpower worrying about our alignment focused instead on considering the game with us as town. We shouldn't be in a rush today, and I'd still like to talk more with you if you're town, and maybe have you and Cabd actually work together in the thread instead of all of us being pissed off at one another (fully acknowledging that I've been a snarky penguin this game too). I think that if you think about it, you'll agree that us being a gated scum doctor here is highly unlikely, as is us being scum with Dunnstral where he fakeclaims something that's confirmable as a lie for himself (it's getting late and I'm not sure that makes sense, but try to follow me there).
I'm not in a rush and I don't think you're a scum doctor. And I am rereading the game (parts, not beginning to end...yet, anyway). I'm a little surprised you/Cabd needed assurances on any of this.

I'll work with you both whenever you're ready.

As for Bell's townreads not changing after Titus's flip: Annie, Dunnstral, Lukewarm -- Do you think he and I are giving any of them an unwarranted/unwise pass regarding the D1 denoument?
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3729 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:13 pm

In post 3728, Snarky Fishes wrote:I'm a little surprised you/Cabd needed assurances on any of this.
Just want it unambiguously on the record because "75%" is a thing you dropped and it was unclear if it meant 75% of total capacity was spent on me, or you only 75% clear us.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3730 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 3729, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 3728, Snarky Fishes wrote:I'm a little surprised you/Cabd needed assurances on any of this.
Just want it unambiguously on the record because "75%" is a thing you dropped and it was unclear if it meant 75% of total capacity was spent on me, or you only 75% clear us.
75% is an approximation of how much game-energy/time/thought is NO LONGER spent handwringing over your alignment after Dunn's claim. Should stay that way, mostly, as long as I'm not in 3p elo with you in a few weeks.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3731 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:20 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

@Pengy I managed to read your entire wall despite being allergic to reading and this line is so awesome I have to pluck it out in case people don't read your glorious wall post and miss it.
In post 3727, Medea the Alien wrote:I feel like you, Rhea, came into this game having heard legends of the Great and Mighty Scumslayer Cabd, but when he rolled into the local tavern, he turned out to be a washed-up drunk instead.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3732 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:22 pm

Given how things have gone, I wasn't taking your working with us for granted. Happy to go there, but I wanted to actively reach out.

I need to do my own read-through, and I don't know if I'll be ready tomorrow or Tuesday night (big lab project I might be fighting with tomorrow, culmination of 27 months of work, etc.) because I'm trying not to let this game supplant life stuff. Have at it with Cabd when he's around; I'll be around less but will be hydra chatting with him.

I think Bell is giving Annie Edison a pass too readily here. I'm fine with Dunnstral and Lukewarm, but of the seven people on the wagon, take out yourself and Lukewarm, you have five names. Did you come into the start of this day phase that confident they were a townie on the wagon? I get that there's a lot of feelings about the wagon and its flip, but it's also some of the best concrete data we have to work with IMHO.

--PA

P-edit: Pooky <3
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3733 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 3732, Medea the Alien wrote:Given how things have gone, I wasn't taking your working with us for granted. Happy to go there, but I wanted to actively reach out.

I need to do my own read-through, and I don't know if I'll be ready tomorrow or Tuesday night (big lab project I might be fighting with tomorrow, culmination of 27 months of work, etc.) because I'm trying not to let this game supplant life stuff. Have at it with Cabd when he's around; I'll be around less but will be hydra chatting with him.

I think Bell is giving Annie Edison a pass too readily here. I'm fine with Dunnstral and Lukewarm, but of the seven people on the wagon, take out yourself and Lukewarm, you have five names. Did you come into the start of this day phase that confident they were a townie on the wagon? I get that there's a lot of feelings about the wagon and its flip, but it's also some of the best concrete data we have to work with IMHO.

--PA

P-edit: Pooky <3
Does Cabd agree with you on Annie?
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3734 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:28 pm

Post by Here There Be Dragons »

In post 3727, Medea the Alien wrote:because I remember Too Many Heads and what happens when gimmicks take over a game, even if it was from a scum vantage point there, but I know I'm not the only one who remembers that clusterfuck. Looking at you, Cephrir. Shit wagon. Shit play all around.
Dude I dont remember that game I got modkilled d1 and stopped reading
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3735 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:31 pm

In post 3727, Medea the Alien wrote:I'm stopping there because it gets pretty repetitive after that point. I have bolded the parts of interest to me. Expecting us to have solved the whole game. Dismissing the utility of any reads list we generate before it's even produced. Saying you feel like you've focused on nothing but us, when there's a lot of other posts from you that don't involve us, so that's pretty misleading.
You dont get to only cherry pick the parts that interest you. You've pulled out like 2 minor points here that arent at all what I've been repeating. I can be focused on you and still post about other things too I obviously did not mean literally every post I've ever written was about you
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3736 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:34 pm

In post 3727, Medea the Alien wrote:BoP is a lousy reason to tunnel someone. And saying that you're all alone and mistreated for your scum read on us...I don't like it. It's a heck of a way to open a game day where you've just been on a crappy wagon and then came in assuming your best/only shot at getting us elim'd was to make people feel guilty for not doing what you said.
I'm not sure I see a point in responding to any more of this at this point. It's been about a lot more than one time I said you should be solving something by now.

Feel like you're just trying to make me feel like a crappy person I give up again with the last bit of this. I cant decide how to feel. I'm fully aware I was on a mislim thanks. One you were all about until it became clear it was going through
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3737 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:38 pm

In post 3727, Medea the Alien wrote:First off, 2290 isn't remotely damning. Like, how does Titus's interaction with our readslist make us scum?
Oh fuck me no wonder no one gives a shit about this point I remembered the wrong post number and have been saying it on repeat
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3738 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:39 pm

I'm dumb
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3739 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:41 pm

In post 3727, Medea the Alien wrote:I don't see where we or others are calling you scum for not voting us all the time.
This is a point cabd made in his amazing case
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3740 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:42 pm

In post 3727, Medea the Alien wrote:Interesting that we're supposedly only pushing you with Pooky in danger, when a lot of your complaints D1 were us scum reading you.
I'm aware you would be pushing us in general it's the timing of him putting together a rushed nothing of a case that I think I might be able to explain as distracting from pooky
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3741 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:44 pm

In post 3727, Medea the Alien wrote:Don't like the dismissal of Dunn either. Independent of Dunn's interaction with us, what's your take on him?
I had been townreading him, but his claim and unwnd's paranoia on him made me think I gave that out too easily
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3742 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:50 pm

In post 3727, Medea the Alien wrote:I'm also not seeing how you completely dismiss Annie's choice to vote you or unwnd's. It's very unreasoned.

What I'm getting from this is that we're scum for not game-solving early D1, for voicing our lack of conviction on the Titus wagon before it hit hammer, and the chance that everything with Dunn is a giant gambit that does very little to advance a scum team's position (with, as Lukewarm says, a very confirmable piece in Dunnstral's part of the claim; does scum have a *reflexive* rolecop and a gated doctor as their powers for two of the three members? I'd be very grumpy as scum in this position) My issue with this is that unless I'm missing a big piece of your effort post, what were you scumreading us for aside from not having a gamesolve ready in 20 pages?
I had a conversation with unwnd that I was willing to accept

Annie has been ignoring me and scumbinning me without much thought I didnt see much reason to expect them to change

751 contains some more reasons. I dont like your handling of Rhea really at any point all game, but that one early post about it was really what started me down this warpath

Is there really a possibility I'm just tunneled

I really dont want to believe that, it's unpleasant, I just dont understand why you've, mostly cabd, felt so so off from the word go unless it's because you're scum
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3743 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:53 pm

I'm not good at wordsing my suspicions I never have been and I never will be, nor am I ever going to win an argument with an eloquent person, so why even try?
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3744 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 3742, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 3727, Medea the Alien wrote:I'm also not seeing how you completely dismiss Annie's choice to vote you or unwnd's. It's very unreasoned.

I had a conversation with unwnd that I was willing to accept

Annie has been ignoring me and scumbinning me without much thought I didnt see much reason to expect them to change

751 contains some more reasons. I dont like your handling of Rhea really at any point all game, but that one early post about it was really what started me down this warpath

Is there really a possibility I'm just tunneled

I really dont want to believe that, it's unpleasant, I just dont understand why you've, mostly cabd,
felt so so off from the word go
unless it's because you're scum
Have you and std talked about Cabd in Sybil's Elegy?
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3745 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:56 pm

If I entertain the idea that you could be town I have to figure out who else could be scum and aside from obviously pooky I dont have an answer to that
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3746 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:58 pm

In post 3744, Snarky Fishes wrote:Have you and std talked about Cabd in Sybil's Elegy?
Sybil's Elegy?

We've talked about it in general yes. I tried to persuade him before I posted 751 and got nowhere but Ithink I did a bad job explaining that time. I tried explaining what I was thinking wrt 751 again later and I felt like it made a little more sense to him but I dunno maybe he just wanted to support me. We talked about it again when we made our read list and I felt like I had convinced him but he certainly wasnt as convinced as I was

It has been the main thing we have discussed
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3747 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:00 pm

Well that and me feeling ignored and upset but that's mostly just me whining and him comforting me
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3748 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:03 pm

PA, would YOU buy an apparent mechanical reason to clear cabd? Just ignore the specific situation for a moment and tell me you cant see why anyone would do that
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3749 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:15 pm

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 3746, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 3744, Snarky Fishes wrote:Have you and std talked about Cabd in Sybil's Elegy?
Sybil's Elegy?

We've talked about it in general yes. I tried to persuade him before I posted 751 and got nowhere but Ithink I did a bad job explaining that time. I tried explaining what I was thinking wrt 751 again later and I felt like it made a little more sense to him but I dunno maybe he just wanted to support me. We talked about it again when we made our read list and I felt like I had convinced him but he certainly wasnt as convinced as I was

It has been the main thing we have discussed
I wouldn't think that std's expectations of Cabd wouldn't be quite so high as solving the whole ass game early day 1.

I've hydra'd with Cabd in games where he/we didn't solve the game on day 1.

Or day 2.

BoP is a thing, but it kinda needs to be a reasonable thing.

I was hoping a big solve would happen, but not surprised it didn't. I didn't see a post or situation that offered the kind of break shot opportunity that happened in Tarot IV, your game, and to some extent on day 3 of Yggdrasil (maybe earlier, but those were town-saving seize-the-moments, not scum-condemning ones).

Anyway, I was alarmed they were so much on the back foot on day 1, but I think my expectations were several notches down. And I've been on the back foot with Cabd often enough to know it can be a really difficult place to get out of as much for internal reasons as external ones.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”