Newbie 2077 : The Curse of a Blue Diamond!! - Gameover

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:20 am

Post by cowsloveSushirolls »

In post 49, Uranus wrote:
In post 48, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:catboi siteflaked, this is so sad
what do you mean by siteflaked?
straight up dipped

gone...............
selling fuit gummy at an affordable price
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 41, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 32, Radical Rat wrote:In any case...

VOTE: floo

And I do mean this one.
I don't like the naked vote, especially as the second vote on kenny. The smiley is great fun, got a hearty chortle out of me, but also I want words out of 'em.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 48, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:catboi siteflaked, this is so sad
According to OP, he at least confirmed his role PM (Name's bold on the player list).
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by catboi »

Arriving fashionably late~

VOTE: Uranus

Call it gut but some slight feeling the protestations of "nothing to go off", although often a common sentiment among newbies, are here making an excuse to avoid getting involved in real conversation as the game gets more serious.

Good feelings on Salsabil and Radical Rat early. Kind of like kennyk also but I'm not sure if that's because of him being like a time traveler from the distant past of mafia. Mild fos on Entellian for showing up on the first page and then dipping.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

A to Z hasn't picked up his role. It looks like he is site flaked.

Day 1 deadline has been frozen until further notice.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:05 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Vote Count 1-2
A to Z
:
floo
: Radical Rat, kennyk
Entellian
:
kennyk
: floo, Salsabil Faria
Uranus
: catboi,
cowsloveSushirolls
:Entellian
Salsabil Faria
:
Radical Rat
:
catboi
: cowsloveSushirolls

Not Voting
(9): A to Z, Uranus

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: August 24th, 2021

Countdown: (expired on 2021-08-23 20:00:00)

Mod Notes:

Searching for A to Z replacement.
Deadline is frozen as on 15th Aug Morning
- :]
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 54, ArcAngel9 wrote:
Don't know why, but it makes me crack inside :giggle:
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:32 pm

In post 53, catboi wrote:Arriving fashionably late~

Call it gut but some slight feeling the protestations of "nothing to go off", although often a common sentiment among newbies, are here making an excuse to avoid getting involved in real conversation as the game gets more serious.

Good feelings on Salsabil and Radical Rat early. Kind of like kennyk also but I'm not sure if that's because of him being like a time traveler from the distant past of mafia. Mild fos on Entellian for showing up on the first page and then dipping.
slight disagree, i think you may be drawing too many conclusions from things that haven't happened yet
i think uranus's town potential goes up from the exact log you're describing: i'm acquaintances with them since i joined the discord server they play in often about a month ago, uranus is one of the more active ones. the setup making trends there is that they're fast paced and PR heavy. largest thing is that the people there nolim nearly every d1. i appreciate uranus putting in the effort to try and wean themselves off of waiting for mechanical information, even if it just seems like they're blindly following site meta
In post 54, ArcAngel9 wrote:

Day 1 deadline has been frozen until further notice.
the real siteflaker was in front of me this entire time
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:43 am

Post by floo »

In post 43, kennyk wrote: But serious: the more I think about floo, the more I dislike his posts. His first post (a vote with no further explanation) could have been a revenge for me rng-voting on him. Although at that time I already changed my vote to Uranus. Asked why he voted me, he just gave us the smiley. That is not much information. And only one faction likes the information to stay hidden: mafia.
There is nothing wrong with no explanation for my first vote. I randomly voted you because you were the person who had most recently posted. What was I supposed to do, make a joke about your username? I find it suspicious that you are trying to find secret motives for RVS votes. The smiley should have been enough to figure my vote was random.
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:21 pm

In post 39, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 23, kennyk wrote:That answer doesn't satisfy me in the least. I thought that maybe you didn't vote because you were town and didn't want to make a random accusation. Or you were a diamond thief and didn't want to be suspicious because of random voting.

But now you tell us you were to tired to do a simple rng. But posting was ok as was doing the rng one and a half hours later. And to top it of your 'randomness' casts the second vote on someone. All in all that seems highly suspicous in my eyes.

And as it is day 1 and we as town do not have any information at all (except maybe those with power rolls having informations concerning the general setup) this little bit is enough for me to undo my random vote.

UNVOTE: floo

And as I just read in Radical Rats posts while watching the preview to this post: As far as I read in the wiki and was usual in the days long gone by random voting to get things started on day one is quite common. Voting (or not voting) for someone because of his avatar is even more sus in my opinion. For me it seems as Radical Rat is trying to be helpful to Uranus (allthough I just asked a question). So I see a slight connection between those two.
Too solvy (it's not a correct word, don't know the correct word) to be town.....

UNVOTE: A to Z

VOTE: kennyk
unsure about this vote. are you asking people to clam up at a time where it's most important to talk and analyze things way too much?
floo
floo
Goon
floo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by floo »

I think she says kennyk is trying too hard, missing the obvious motive as I pointed out for a scum accusation. It's good that someone is trying to be serious because this is how we move out of RVS, but kennyk is doing this wrong. She may also be accusing kennyk of doing that just to look town. I recall that the term LAMIST is used here for this.
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:37 pm

In post 8, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:gaaaaaaah i've wasted such a good opportunity

cow > meow sounds way better
i'm fuming
you know what sounds even better?
moo > floo

tempted by the idea of putting floo at E-2 just for this, but their latest post feels good in my head, i like the post about kenny using LAMIST but i interpreted their posting more to be of a zealous townie so i'm not too content on knocking kenny down by much
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:08 pm

Post by kennyk »

cowsloveSushirolls please don't do an E-2 vote just for moo > floo. You need to have another motive to give someone a third vote.

Maybe I am doiing this whole thing wrong, but this game was always a game of communication. And while the first three posts being a vote, a smiley and 'Guess again why I voted you.' are a sort of communication, they do reveal nothing at all. I don't like the argument about the smiley being enough to inform us that it was a random vote at all. I am not trying to find a secret motive behind your first vote but behind your reactions thereafter.

Yes, i know it my behavior looks LAMIST. But almost all playing styles could be interpreted as mafia and as town. Especially on day one with no night before it, there is nothing we could build on. So eccept for major slips there is only gut feeling we can use. So maybe I am wrong with my strong gut feeling against floo (which is getting stronger the more he posts), but that's all I have (I am waiting for someone claiming he/she has more than that at this stage).

Maybe we are just two townies getting at each others throats and mafia laughing their a**s of and waiting for the right time to hop on the train (and maybe one of them is already on it).
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:39 pm

In post 60, floo wrote:I think she says kennyk is trying too hard, missing the obvious motive as I pointed out for a scum accusation. It's good that someone is trying to be serious because this is how we move out of RVS, but kennyk is doing this wrong. She may also be accusing kennyk of doing that just to look town. I recall that the term LAMIST is used here for this.
what's the best way to move us outside of RVS, if the way kenny is doing it is "wrong"? is it just because the pushing happened to be on you because he thought your thought process was unclear? what happened in this game seems like just as good of a method as any, which is why i'm asking
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:40 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 58, floo wrote:
In post 43, kennyk wrote: But serious: the more I think about floo, the more I dislike his posts. His first post (a vote with no further explanation) could have been a revenge for me rng-voting on him. Although at that time I already changed my vote to Uranus. Asked why he voted me, he just gave us the smiley. That is not much information. And only one faction likes the information to stay hidden: mafia.
There is nothing wrong with no explanation for my first vote. I randomly voted you because you were the person who had most recently posted. What was I supposed to do, make a joke about your username? I find it suspicious that you are trying to find secret motives for RVS votes. The smiley should have been enough to figure my vote was random.
And here I thought you also saw the LAMIST play thus voted them :facepalm: No mind melding for us :oops:
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:42 pm

In post 29, kennyk wrote:Scum on the other hand knows who their enemies are. But they don't know who their worst enemies are. Wrst in this context may mean those townies with special roles or even players with some playing skill. As this is a newbie game, there is not much to know about the playing skills of those playing (except th SEs). So a vote from mafia has to be random, too.
this reminds me: you can go ahead and look at my profile: i have exactly one game that's completely finished from about a month ago, and i think it's a good indicator of what I usually do as town. i died on the first night, though. i guess it was for being too friendly [sarcastic tone]
was kind of a dick in that game to be honest
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:45 pm

In post 64, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 58, floo wrote:
And here I thought you also saw the LAMIST play thus voted them :facepalm: No mind melding for us :oops:
i like this post: to be honest i was thinking that some of your earlier posts were awkward
cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:46 pm

In post 62, kennyk wrote:cowsloveSushirolls please don't do an E-2 vote just for moo > floo. You need to have another motive to give someone a third vote.
no promises
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:46 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 60, floo wrote:I think she says kennyk is trying too hard, missing the obvious motive as I pointed out for a scum accusation. It's good that someone is trying to be serious because this is how we move out of RVS, but kennyk is doing this wrong. She may also be accusing kennyk of doing that just to look town. I recall that the term LAMIST is used here for this.
Perfectly explained but I want to add one thing: they said they had an account here before, so they played before here imo. That's why I'm not taking them that much of a newb player and when I read their posts ("
this sus, that sus
"), I found they were trying
too much
which I generally find suspicious.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:50 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 62, kennyk wrote: Maybe we are just two townies getting at each others throats and mafia laughing their a**s of and waiting for the right time to hop on the train (and maybe one of them is already on it).
And who is that scum you think atp?

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:55 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 63, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
what's the best way to move us outside of RVS, if the way kenny is doing it is "wrong"? is it just because the pushing happened to be on you because he thought your thought process was unclear? what happened in this game seems like just as good of a method as any, which is why i'm asking
I find
LAMIST play
scummy in general basis.
Almost every town games of mine, there was at least one scum
who appeared to be solvy in the early stage of the game
to gain towncred and in my scum games, I also tried to get towncred at RVS stage.

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:59 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 66, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 64, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 58, floo wrote:
i like this post: to be honest i was thinking that some of your earlier posts were awkward
Don't get it :?

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 67, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 62, kennyk wrote:cowsloveSushirolls please don't do an E-2 vote just for moo > floo. You need to have another motive to give someone a third vote.
no promises
:shifty:

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

Ok, gotta go now...

cowsloveSushirolls
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
cowsloveSushirolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:01 pm

In post 70, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 63, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
I find
LAMIST play
scummy in general basis.
Almost every town games of mine, there was at least one scum
who appeared to be solvy in the early stage of the game
to gain towncred and in my scum games, I also tried to get towncred at RVS stage.
that's true, it's probably easiest to get credit in RVS since it's all just making good first impressions

i wanted to see if "there was at least one scum who appeared to be solvy in the early stage of the game" applied to my first game here and uh, we talked about sandwiches for around 100 posts :oops:
the person who DID try to solve around the end of those 100 posts was town, though. i am thinking that it's easier to look townier when you blend in with the townies instead of trying to lead and ask questions early, so i like kennyk for this also

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”