Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Hectic »

Hey, Luke, do you think you're out of your scumrange? If yes, then what part? Also, have you ever faked townslips as scum before, and is it something that you would consider doing as scum?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Hectic »

Enchant, how do you read me, and why did you forget me from your readlist when I have the most posts in this game?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 813, Enchant wrote:If i receive gun right now, i will randomshot.

Even though i think you are town, i can be wrong, so i really doesn't exclude you from roll.

Before someone call me idiot, it's actually smarter. I am easy to decieve, but that way we have sure 50% chances to shot mafia. Consider me chaos force in this one.
This just feels like Encant is trying his hardest to discourage marci from shooting him
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 877, Hectic wrote:Hey, Luke, do you think you're out of your scumrange? If yes, then what part? Also, have you ever faked townslips as scum before, and is it something that you would consider doing as scum?
I don't know? I have only been scum in 2 games so far, and one of them was a bit of a meme game that only lasted like 4 irl days, so I don't really know that my scum range is really well defined yet, even for me to be able to answer the question.

If there was anything out of my scum range, *maybe* 823? In my scum games so far, I have been really purposeful with my posts, so I don't know that I would make a long rambley 4am thought dump post? But like I said, not enough data for a definitive answer lol

As for town slipping, no. I don't think I would ever fake one as scum. I think of myself as a fairly detailed person, and (I think) I give off that vibe, so faking a town slip feels like it would be pretty bad strategically. I think people would kind of doubt I missed what ever I faked missing, and if anything would cause people to suspect me more then town bin me for a slip.

(See pav thinking I was more likely scum because I made a joke about your rep in, and him positing that town luke would never miss that lol)
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Hectic »

Hmm, why are you so confident I'm scum?

Why do you think I randomly flip on Pav from certain scum to probably town in the space of like 15 minutes of posts? That was sleepy Hectic in bed who'd just woken up opening his eyes, aka the VISION QUEST. Why tip the balance when Pav is consensus scum, and do something so flip floppy which probably looks scummy on a surface level?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Hectic »

I'm looking at your super long detailed walls and it'd be a first for you ias scum in terms of pure raw effort
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Hectic »

You reasons for scum!me are pretty nice tbh

The T3 thing: I think you overestimate the amount of power a single voice in thread would have. If I was bussing T3, I would just go all the way and have him bottom of my list, not always second last while hoping the gunbearer decides to sheep me out of everyone and not just shoot the person that is overall read as scummy by most

The gladiate thing; Seeing you flip to Pav town and Hectic scum as soon as I flipped on Pav myself looked really really bad to me. It made my confidence go from good to great. Also, I've simply stopped caring as much this game
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 881, Hectic wrote:Hmm, why are you so confident I'm scum?
To be frank, your gladiate.

I was not 100% sold you were scum before that. I had a brand new suspicion and wanted to get it out there since I had town binned you before, and I assumed that Marci would be weighing my reads in her decision making. Did not want her ignoring you and shooting pav because thats how my reads were sitting before. So I put short "sparknotes" post saying my reads were changing on the two of you.

Then I saw your gladiate before I got a chance to put out what was making me reconsider, and I could not imagine being so sure on a read that I would bet the entire game on it, and ESPECIALLY since you had just expressed mild uncertainty on me, or at least how your read might change if you were wrong. So, that pushed that suspicion way up. A gladiate on like day 1 would have been +town imo. But that gladiate you did was "if I am wrong, I will lose the game," so seemed less real of a transition. -- And I could see a scum motivation for it.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

What townie actively WANTS to be the deciding vote in Elo?

When you asked her for the gun, and when you did the gladiate, that is what you were asking for x.x

So, like I said, and early gladiate / asking for the gun is probably + town. But doing this day phase seemed more likely to be bravado
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Hectic »

Does it change your opinion knowing why my confidence levels changed?

Ftr I would not immediately shoot if marci shot me. The gladiate was me wanting marci to either shoot my top confident scumread or me so that I could get the gun and finally have some fun, it wasn't me betting the game on you being scum since I still would've questioned you and made sure before pulling the trigger. (And I would expect you to do the same)

And I know, it's selfish in some way to want the gun just because it's more fun but it is what it is
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Hectic »

You kidding me lol?

Being the conftown having the deciding vote in Elo is literally my favourite position in any mafia game. I've said it many times before if you want proof from other games

Some of my fondest memories are the victories coming out of those moments, it's the THRILL. Some of the defeats are even pleasant to think back on
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Hectic »

To be frank, I don't think I ever gladiate you as scum. My aim as scum would absolutely be to endgame. To gladiate you is very unnecessary cutting my lifetime short for absolutely no good reason, since it means marci is much more likely to shoot me, and it would also likely make you much more likely to shoot me if marci shot you
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Hectic »

It's an okay strat if my slot is already fairly scumread, but at the time, I was still pretty townread and to throw all that away is just bad scumplay
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 886, Hectic wrote:Does it change your opinion knowing why my confidence levels changed?

Ftr I would not immediately shoot if marci shot me. The gladiate was me wanting marci to either shoot my top confident scumread or me so that I could get the gun and finally have some fun, it wasn't me betting the game on you being scum since I still would've questioned you and made sure before pulling the trigger. (And I would expect you to do the same)

And I know, it's selfish in some way to want the gun just because it's more fun but it is what it is
Ugh.... I would need to look at your posts tonight vs your posts at the time when sitting in front of a computer. (I am once again laying in bed phone posting, but I should be setting my computer back up tomorrow)

My gut reaction to your posts tonight is that you are still scum though. Coming up with a plausible reason for an unexplained transaction like 2 days after the fact can certainly be done as scum, and even if we were to wipe away the gladiate and how that pushed me to more certain, there is still all of the stuff that made me become suspicious of you to begin with...

I plan on giving the game a closer look back once I am fully back from my vla and have a pc to look at, but, gth in this moment I still think you are scum.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 888, Hectic wrote:To be frank, I don't think I ever gladiate you as scum. My aim as scum would absolutely be to endgame. To gladiate you is very unnecessary cutting my lifetime short for absolutely no good reason, since it means marci is much more likely to shoot me, and it would also likely make you much more likely to shoot me if marci shot you
In post 889, Hectic wrote:It's an okay strat if my slot is already fairly scumread, but at the time, I was still pretty townread and to throw all that away is just bad scumplay
I'll add this to my list of things to look back on.

I already had the thought that you might have planned on trying to get me to shoot vulture after Marci shot me, which in a scumhectic / town vulture world would end the game in a scum win. Which is something I am adding to my "look into" list for that proper reread that I really need to do.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Hectic »

Sure. Being flip floppy and all over the place is an absolute classic town trait of mine though btw, I like to remain consistent with my reads as scum, and when I do the change them, I like to show clear and "towny" progression. I don't think I've ever done something as scum like I did with Pav earlier this game

I will now have to obviously do that the next time I roll scum so it's in my scumrange lol

Anyways, much to think about, I should sleep too. My preffered shot right now is Enchant
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 857, Hectic wrote:
In post 843, Pavowski wrote:This is strictly a prodge post. I still like shooting in Luke/Hectic. I don't have a lot to add except to say that Luke's tone has shifted here. Could be indignant town, could be flailing scum. My money's on the latter.
A hero

I'll be here twiddling my thumbs, no way am I gonna put in the effort to dismantle Luke's case/words when I can just shoot him lol
I resonate with this so much LOL. Like idk, my townreads are pretty much locked in, just needs flips to happen rn
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 884, Lukewarm wrote:I assumed that Marci would be weighing my reads in her decision making.
ive been trying to keep peoples reads in mind but like ;-; too hard :cry: :cry:
In post 888, Hectic wrote:To be frank, I don't think I ever gladiate you as scum. My aim as scum would absolutely be to endgame. To gladiate you is very unnecessary cutting my lifetime short for absolutely no good reason, since it means marci is much more likely to shoot me, and it would also likely make you much more likely to shoot me if marci shot you
tbh i just like ignored the gladiate cuz idk what it means :shifty: :shifty:

guys... whats the command to shoot..
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Hectic »

It's a day ability which forces players to vote between the person who used the gladiate and who they gladiated

Luke's reading way too much into it though since it is purely figurative in this case and not "game losing" if we're both town. One of us being shot does not mean the othe person immediately drops dead

Shoot: Hectic
or VOTE: Shoot: Hectic would both work
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by marcistar »

do u think i should shoot within u/luke?
i kinda dont wanna but like if itll help town i will..
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by Hectic »

Nah, my biggest scumread is Enchant right now

Luke is in a very unsure territory for me right now, after actually reading through his Dead Silence scumgame and seeing the effort there doesn't even come close to the walls he's put out here, and what he said about the townslip is kinda convincing

I think I'd prefer if you shot me over Luke since I don't like the possibility of town!Luke shooting me and losing the game

but beat shot Enchant
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by Hectic »

*best
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 896, marcistar wrote:do u think i should shoot within u/luke?
i kinda dont wanna but like if itll help town i will..

honestly, I think they're both a better shot than enchant so yes, you should

Return to “Completed Open Games”