goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by goats »

In post 249, imaginality wrote:I haven't played with Not_Mafia before, is quick-hammering something he does every day or just D1?
Why do you ask?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 238, goats wrote:
In post 169, T3 wrote:Meg town I think.
In post 171, T3 wrote:Meg, thoughts on cyrus?
In post 181, T3 wrote:Good analysis of imaginality and I don't think they are s/s.
I would like thoughts on these posts, as they partain to T3's alignment, and his partner equity (high or low) with Meg
I can see T3 and Meg as possible buddies, that second post is the sort of scum buddy in-game chat I've seen. (though I don't know if that happens so much in games with daytalk?)

Obviously I disagree with the 'good analysis' of imaginality, for reasons I already stated in D1, so it seems odd to me T3 is calling Meg town for that.

I'd say scum who are in danger of being eliminated (as T3 was) are less likely look to call other people town rather than looking for reasons to add suspicion to others. Which would be a small point towards Meg perhaps being scum if T3 is.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 250, goats wrote:
In post 249, imaginality wrote:I haven't played with Not_Mafia before, is quick-hammering something he does every day or just D1?
Why do you ask?
Because an early quick-hammer shortens discussion which is usually a bad thing (gives us less info to go on on the next day) so if he's still likely to quickhammer I'd want to be surer of my read if I'm putting someone to E-1 early today, compared with if he only plays like that D1.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by goats »

Imaginality's posts are pretty towny this day phase so far
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 231, goats wrote:
In post 24, imaginality wrote:It seems like it could be somewhat risky for scum to include scum in the investigation targets as there's a chance (1/3 chance right now but will vary depending on elims) that two guilties get returned and then we'd know at least one of the two is scum.
This post is relevant
I agree with my past self but it is worth noting that since we mis-eliminated cyrus D1, scum have more leeway to take risky actions compared to if we'd eliminated Scum D1. They can afford to risk sacrificing someone.

Reviewing the results today, the scenarios I'm trying to fit each result
and
non-result into are:

1. Is this person town and scum were hoping for a guilty on them to make a mis-elim more likely?
2. Is this person scum and scum were hoping for an inno on them to protect them from elimination?
3. Is this person town and scum
chose not to
target them because they didn't want them to return an inno (and move closer to being conftown) ?
4. Is this person scum and scum
chose not to
target them because they didn't want them to return a guilty (and move closer to being confscum)?
5. Wifom confusion random who knows-ness

To an extent this does just boil down to, 'is this person town or scum?' so maybe this is over thinking it. But for example, if ArcAngel hadn't returned an inno today I was planning to vote her for her vote on the cyrus wagon. So I feel like scum could have included her as a target, to sacrifice her if she returned guilty or protect her if she returned inno.

I do take your point, goats, that on baseline stats, both ArcAngel and Not_Mafia are more likely than not to be town. (I think baseline is each of them is about 82% likely to be town). I don't think we should be targeting either of them today.
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by goats »

Do you want to vote Meg?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by imaginality »

I think I still prefer a T3 vote. Didn't like the way the pressure shifted away from T3 to cyrus yesterday, so I feel like if T3 is scum there's scum on the cyrus wagon (aside from T3 and cyrus, that was Zyla, ArcAngel and Not_Mafia).

With Meg I could go along with a wagon but I'd rather see more from him first. I'm wary I'm overreacting to the bad case he made on me. I'll have time to reread this evening - I want to look at others too.

For example, I didn't like this from HockeyFan:
In post 225, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 218, cyrus62 wrote:goats
@Megazumarill
@imaginality
@HockeyFan
Im not gonna really do this even
if
you're town because you didnt look town at all. I probs look more into zyla, but I think the other people who voted you could be town, also cryus why did u self hammer lol
HockeyFan, why did you say you'd look into Zyla - what makes Zyla less likely to be town than the others on the cyrus wagon?
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:18 pm

Post by goats »

True I don't like that
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 229, Marashu wrote:
Day 2 begins.

OR
Not_Mafia is
TOWN
| ArcAngel9 is
TOWN

Official Vote Count 2.00
EliminationWith 8 alive, 5 votes are required for elimination.

Not Voting
(8): goats, T3 Megazumarill, imaginality, Zyla, Not_Mafia, HockeyFan, ArcAngel9

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-08-25 18:12:18).

Mod notes:
Day 2 begins
I know the truth... I am town!

I know how my push on cyrus would look like but i still blame him for being scummy!!

If there is truth in the result, it's my faction that makes NM is scum.

Those who trust me, come and vote the cow!!!

VOTE: Not_Mafia
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:37 pm

Post by goats »

NM isn't mafia if you're town, that's not how it works
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:25 am

Post by T3 »

In post 253, goats wrote:Imaginality's posts are pretty towny this day phase so far
252 in a vacuum is +town but imaginality is an experienced player so Idk.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:59 am

Post by imaginality »

On my re-read I found Zyla and find her posts about cyrus/T3 interesting. Especially cyrus. I'd previously had a vague town-lean on her but when I did a deeper read this is what I noticed:

Spoiler: Zyla's vote on cyrus
In post 9, Zyla wrote:VOTE: Cyrus.
Anyone can read that, and there's only vanilla roles any way, there's no point in it even if it were some master code
A weak reason to vote cyrus. That's absolutely fair enough, since it was early on D1. What's of note is that her vote never moves after this. So if Zyla's town, either she found stronger reasons to keep her vote on cyrus (if so, what?) or she never had any better reason to vote anyone else?

Spoiler: asking why Hockey thought cyrus could be town
In post 59, Zyla wrote:
In post 58, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 54, cyrus62 wrote:VOTE: arcangel
Wait wtf cyrus might be town?
What about this vote makes him towny?
Hockey answered Zyla, saying it was because cyrus scumread ArcAngel. Zyla said:
In post 62, Zyla wrote:Oh yeah. I don't think I've ever actually managed to hit scum first time so I forgot it was possible xD
Can't quite pin down why but something about this post gives me a gut feel that Zyla knows ArcAngel's alignment one way or another.

Spoiler: meta posts
In post 101, Zyla wrote: wrote:
In post 99, HockeyFan wrote: wrote:
N_M, why are u doing this to me smfh, pls dont claim scum when I tr u

It's Not_Mafia, this is just how they play.
Honestly, it's pretty frustrating

In response to NM asking why cyrus crumbed VT:
In post 111, Zyla wrote:It's Cyrus
If Zyla was voting cyrus for the crumbing (ie basically for his play style), why cyrus and not NM whose playstyle she describes as 'pretty frustrating'? This makes me doubt the genuineness of the continued cyrus vote.

Spoiler: on cyrus's comments about ArcAngel
In post 183, Zyla wrote:
In post 182, cyrus62 wrote:discrediting everyone here aka chainsawing.and whiteknighting.
I don't know what chainsawing is, but WKing is defending people, and "too early to call them scum" is way to weak a defense to call it that.
Angel's post was scummy to me, but that's because she was dismissing Hockey and your (Cyrus) reads rather than trying to
discuss
them, not because she was 'whiteknighting'
Zyla's calling Angel scummy but criticising cyrus for how he made the same point. This leads to a discussion of semantics:
In post 199, Zyla wrote:
In post 184, cyrus62 wrote:so you think arc is scum too?
I find her post to be suspicious, yes
But atm I'm interested in what your definitions of those terms are
I find it suspicious that Zyla was focusing on the semantics rather than either: looking for substantive reasons to either confirm her read on cyrus or clear him, or looking at other players to see if she could find a stronger scumread.

When cyrus answered Zyla in post 202, Zyla didn't respond to him. Was this desire for clarification just an excuse to continue to keep her vote on him?

Spoiler: T3 worried about getting eliminated
In post 200, Zyla wrote:
In post 198, T3 wrote: Can we please take me off NM-1.
I'm slightly paranoid
You've got 44 hours, I'd suggest giving us a reason to vote someone else, not focusing on yourself.

Also, if anyone's confused, NM likes to quickhammer, so E1 is effectively a hammer in a game he's in
Feels like Zyla either saw T3 as scummy or didn't care whether he was eliminated or not. If the latter, that's suspicious (especially if T3 turns out to be town). If the former, why didn't she voice any suspicions of him earlier?

An alternate take on the "I'd suggest giving us a reason to vote someone else" is scum coaching, which perhaps is boosted by the fact she says that even though her vote isn't on him. This might be a stretch but at the very least I don't think a Zyla scum flip would make T3 any more likely to be town.

When T3 does offer an alternative:
In post 203, Zyla wrote:
In post 201, T3 wrote:cyrus, vote him by meta.
Not really sure what meta you're meaning tbh
Again this sort of feels to me like Zyla not really caring about which one of T3 or cyrus gets eliminated. Considering her vote was on cyrus at the time this is a pretty lukewarm response to T3.

Spoiler: In response for cyrus asking Zyla to unvote him
In post 216, Zyla wrote:I'm good where I am for now, you're one of my top suspects so I don't mind if you get eliminated
Zyla, what was it that made cyrus "one of your top suspects"? Aside from cyrus and ArcAngel, did you have other "top suspects" at that time? Was T3 one of your top suspects at the time of post 200?

Do you have any town reads?

Vote: Zyla

I think some of these points need answering.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 252, imaginality wrote:shortens discussion which is usually a bad thing
Disagree
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:31 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 247, MegAzumarill wrote:HockeyFan can you go over a readlist with your reasonings for your reads, I'm seeing a lot of strong reads and I don't really see where they are coming from.
Goats- Town. Thier progression of reads and thier actual reads on page 5. Since then they've been pretty towny

T3- They're hard to read, but I think they've done towny things, and thier push on cyrus alligned with mine so I think they're town

N_M- gut townread tbh

Arc Angel- Her first post was very scummy imo, and since then she ahsnt done anything towny

Imaginality- Null, once they actually started providing content, I think they were towny but it can come in thier wolf range

Zyla- Nul leaning town? Cant really explain this one

Meg- Null, dont really have a read on you

Also, regarding , there were 5 people on the vote.

Goats(who i trd), t3(who i trd), Arc(who i srd at the time), cyrus and zyla(someone i didnt really have a read on), so thats why i said what i said
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:38 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 256, imaginality wrote:
@Megazumarill
@imaginality
@HockeyFan
if
you're town because you didnt look town at all. I probs look more into zyla, but
I think the other people who voted you could be town
, also cryus why did u self hammer lol
HockeyFan, why did you say you'd look into Zyla - what makes Zyla less likely to be town than the others on the cyrus wagon?
In post 263, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 247, MegAzumarill wrote:HockeyFan can you go over a readlist with your reasonings for your reads, I'm seeing a lot of strong reads and I don't really see where they are coming from.

Goats(who i trd), t3(who i trd),
Arc(who i srd at the time)
, cyrus and zyla(someone i didnt really have a read on), so thats why i said what i said
Explain how these can both be true, because it looks like an obvious contradiction to me.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Marashu »

Official Vote Count 2.01
EliminationWith 8 alive, 5 votes are required for elimination.

MegAzumarill
(1): goats
ArcAngel9
(1): HockeyFan
Not_Mafia
(1): ArcAngel9
Zyla
(1): imaginality

Not Voting
(4): T3 Megazumarill, Zyla, Not_Mafia

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-08-25 18:12:18).

Mod notes:
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:53 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

the scum team is NM and hockeyfan
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

It's not
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:28 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 264, imaginality wrote:
In post 256, imaginality wrote:
@Megazumarill
@imaginality
@HockeyFan
if
you're town because you didnt look town at all. I probs look more into zyla, but
I think the other people who voted you could be town
, also cryus why did u self hammer lol
In post 263, HockeyFan wrote:

Goats(who i trd), t3(who i trd),
Arc(who i srd at the time)
, cyrus and zyla(someone i didnt really have a read on), so thats why i said what i said
Explain how these can both be true, because it looks like an obvious contradiction to me.
Yes because I said T3/Goats are town. Also at the time of the cyrus wagon, it was knowledge that I sr'd Arc right?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:33 am

Post by T3 »

lol arc
VOTE: arc
Either you and nm are both town or both scum, you do realize that.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:02 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 269, T3 wrote:lol arc
VOTE: arc
Either you and nm are both town or both scum, you do realize that.
what is this train of logic? wdym they both
have
to be town. dotn think this is true?
goats
goats
Goon
goats
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:09 pm

Post by goats »

That's literally not possible T3
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by T3 »

Wait am I really confused about the setup
I thought the arc nm thing was a parity cop check.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by T3 »

I'm an idiot. UNVOTE: