Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5075 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Annie Edison »

I was doing trying to Ctrl click thats why we check! It’s hard to do it with split screen when excel cuts off
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5076 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:38 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 5066, unwnd wrote:Snarky wants to kill me as well, and AA9 just said she thinks I'm scum now too.

That's 6 players aka more than half. Who's bussing me?
It's ok for you to decide on Day 1 that you want to kill us and dismiss any and all evidence to the contrary.

But it's not ok for us to come around to a scum read on you.

Like I can't really comprehend what sort of gamestate you've constructed that makes sense of a scum-me intention to be dead rather than demonized.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5077 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:41 am

Post by unwnd »

This game won't ever be fun to me after I realized what we're dealing with, regardless of the makeup of the team. I'm just guessing and following my gut.

I just don't know how I can more plainly show that I don't have a partner.
Stop
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5078 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:43 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 5074, Medea the Alien wrote:Hey, anyone who's around want to explain to me why scum with four shards to give out uninterrupted over two nights decided to give one to Annie N2 instead of N3 when Annie's ability, that they'd said was good enough to be demonized for, could then be used unimpeded N3? As opposed to one shard to Spiffeh each of N2 and N3?

--PA
Using corruption on manatee N2 meant they could power up 2 players with 2 shards, and Annie was the only player sitting at one shard.

N3 they corrupted me but there wasn't another 1-shard player to split the 2 shards among?

I mean they could have done the 1-each night on N3 instead, but I dunno. Maybe concerns that town had an active ability to mess with sharding?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5079 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5074, Medea the Alien wrote:Hey, anyone who's around want to explain to me why scum with four shards to give out uninterrupted over two nights decided to give one to Annie N2 instead of N3 when Annie's ability, that they'd said was good enough to be demonized for, could then be used unimpeded N3? As opposed to one shard to Spiffeh each of N2 and N3?

--PA
imo, it makes more sense for the fishes to currently be demonized, and for annie to still be sitting at 1 shard, since Annie asked to be demonized day 1
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5080 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:46 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 5059, unwnd wrote:I'm not doing the assassin list. I understand this is just going to agitate people more but that's my spitefulness. You don't get any quarter after I've bled for 500+ posts in this game and then some.
Notty has posted more than you and you're voting him so even by your own reasoning the only player that we should have less sympathy toward is you it also sounds like you misplayed if you're town.

I have to go do work and visit the grandparents today so I won't be on much after this morning.
If you wanna be resistant for no reason but spite that's cool. That's your choice. But yeah.

-Bell
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5081 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5078, Snarky Fishes wrote:

--PA
Using corruption on manatee N2 meant they could power up 2 players with 2 shards, and Annie was the only player sitting at one shard.

N3 they corrupted me but there wasn't another 1-shard player to split the 2 shards among?

I mean they could have done the 1-each night on N3 instead, but I dunno. Maybe concerns that town had an active ability to mess with sharding?
Or something like, double shard spiff night 2, and corrupt manatee

Then night 3 corrupt you, and then shard you + manatee.

They had a path to getting the same number of demons without demonizing annie (who claimed to have a good demonized ability)

It is definitely a weird choice
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5082 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:48 am

Post by Lukewarm »

(unless they are scum :cop: )
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5083 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 5082, Lukewarm wrote:(unless they are scum :cop: )
:( So they decided to claim being demonized and decided to give a town clearing result on Spiffeh because why

-Bell
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5084 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5083, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 5082, Lukewarm wrote:(unless they are scum :cop: )
:( So they decided to claim being demonized and decided to give a town clearing result on Spiffeh because why

-Bell
lld

They can't lie about being demonized in case she targeted them

And lld cleared spiff before annie did.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5085 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:52 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 5081, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5078, Snarky Fishes wrote:

--PA

Or something like, double shard spiff night 2, and corrupt manatee

Then night 3 corrupt you, and then shard you + manatee.

They had a path to getting the same number of demons without demonizing annie (who claimed to have a good demonized ability)

It is definitely a weird choice
Whichever night(s) they chose for the corruption/sharding, it involved doing things to more players, I think? Which gives hypothetical town power roles (most of which were not known until Day 4 mass claim) more opportunity to interfere with their plan?

I dunno. I don't think this is the slam dunk you seem to think it is.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5086 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:53 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 5080, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 5059, unwnd wrote:I'm not doing the assassin list. I understand this is just going to agitate people more but that's my spitefulness. You don't get any quarter after I've bled for 500+ posts in this game and then some.
Notty has posted more than you and you're voting him so even by your own reasoning the only player that we should have less sympathy toward is you it also sounds like you misplayed if you're town.

I have to go do work and visit the grandparents today so I won't be on much after this morning.
If you wanna be resistant for no reason but spite that's cool. That's your choice. But yeah.

-Bell
I'm just going through the list of 'reasons I am not scum'. Maybe that ticks something in your brain that I'm trying to survive, but I'm not really afraid of doing so, that's where the spite kicks in.
Stop
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5087 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:53 am

Post by Medea the Alien »

I don't dispute anything with the thought process of corrupting Manatee and you, SF. And no, there wasn't another player to split the shards between because they hadn't set anything up for that. Order of operations doesn't matter for scum over those two nights except they want to end with three demons in play. Why do it so two demons are powered N3, with one of them holding a claimed powerful role?

As established, the clear on Spiffeh was given after a soft clear from Rhea. They didn't know what the mood would be D4, and they probably figured there was a non-zero chance Spiffeh went down for his Pooky push. It also fits with their pattern of early demonizing less active players. Except Annie.

--PA

P-edit: I didn't say it was a slam dunk. I'm bringing it up as something to consider. Kind of like the idea that scum could have had an active corruptor N1 who corrupted their partner. There are possibilities worth considering in this game.
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5088 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:54 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

Doing it on N2 would give them the opportunity to pivot/extrapolate if some of the actions failed.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5089 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:54 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

I remain worried that Lukewarm is fake enchanted by his own plans and reads.
There's a lack of introspection and I'm worried about that.

Wasn't Notty confused about what her role even did well past the point anybody realized it what she was claiming.

LLD cleared spiffeh because they discovered they weren't a demon?

-Bell
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5090 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:55 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 5087, Medea the Alien wrote:I don't dispute anything with the thought process of corrupting Manatee and you, SF. And no, there wasn't another player to split the shards between because they hadn't set anything up for that. Order of operations doesn't matter for scum over those two nights except they want to end with three demons in play. Why do it so two demons are powered N3, with one of them holding a claimed powerful role?

As established, the clear on Spiffeh was given after a soft clear from Rhea. They didn't know what the mood would be D4, and they probably figured there was a non-zero chance Spiffeh went down for his Pooky push. It also fits with their pattern of early demonizing less active players. Except Annie.

--PA

P-edit: I didn't say it was a slam dunk. I'm bringing it up as something to consider. Kind of like the idea that scum could have had an active corruptor N1 who corrupted their partner. There are possibilities worth considering in this game.
That was at lukewarm, not you. And I finished that thought with my last post.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5091 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:56 am

Speaking of which, Pooky stayed BP as either form. Are we certain the corruptor role has to be goon/non-existent in one form or another?

--PA
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5092 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:56 am

Oh, gotcha, reading while corralling toddler at park, missed it.

--PA
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5093 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 5086, unwnd wrote:

-Bell
I'm just going through the list of 'reasons I am not scum'. Maybe that ticks something in your brain that I'm trying to survive, but I'm not really afraid of doing so, that's where the spite kicks in.
The last player that went through a list of reasons why they aren't scum was scum petapan. Who bussed all of his partners, hard.

-Bell
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5094 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:57 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Spoiler:
In post 3917, Medea the Alien wrote:"Manatee was human as of night one"
"Dunn was human as of night two"
"Spiffeh was human as of night three"

I feel like that's clearing only for Spiffeh.
In post 3950, Medea the Alien wrote:WTF, you think scum-mouse isn't demonic by now?

He's closer to clear than I am right now.
In post 4170, Medea the Alien wrote:Having spiffeh in your scum pool at daystart is extremely shocking to me, even prior to his clear.
In post 4175, Medea the Alien wrote:Right, I take that as fairly clearing, given I suspect scum wants to demonize themselves ASAP.

But even before that, the way he cased Pooky comes off as incredibly uninformed.

(^^) Medea talking about how clear spiff was from lld's clear, multiple times before (vv) Annie claiming a clear on Spiff
Spoiler:
In post 4272, Annie Edison wrote:We’re a one shot cop. We checked the mouse last night.

He is good.

I wanted it originally day 1 to check Medea but then it felt dumb to check Medea once they were tied to Dunn and the VCA after day 2 looked pretty clear wrt Medea and Dunn, and I spent four hours writing this wall about how rereading interactions spiffy seemed super sus and I was about to go all xeno 2 2.0 then Bork had to tell me he’s town snd im bad at this game

No I didn’t crumb it because *gestures everywhere*
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5095 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5085, Snarky Fishes wrote:I dunno. I don't think this is the slam dunk you seem to think it is.
I never at any point said it was a slam dunk...
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5096 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 5086, unwnd wrote:

-Bell
And it's like you think we have some kind of cosmic power to get you dead today. We're not driving either/any option on how to use our ability today to kill someone. I'm a consensus player and I started this hooraw with a consensus seeking question about getting rid of us before we're demonized and removing a consensus scumread in the process.

It's odd that you're focusing so much on our scumread of you and not so much on others who are scumreading you.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5097 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:02 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 5095, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5085, Snarky Fishes wrote:I dunno. I don't think this is the slam dunk you seem to think it is.
No, but it appears that you think it is? I mean you're positing a scum-Annie, with the sharding decisions as the smoking gun.
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5098 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:04 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

This was done under the assumption that scum could demonize themselves.
Which we still have up in the air right now.

In addition, being sharded additionally by scum would make Not-sci look bad. But it also leads to their win condition of turning everyone into demons. By making him look bad it gives scum and opportunity to push him or to mislead the town into thinking Notsci isn't obvious town. Like, I just spent a game where scum kept trying to drop associations on me all game and I had to fight as every town player even slightly inclined to scum read me took the bait and pushed at me for the reason's scum had planned to.

Even though a lot of the time, I had confronted the scum doing it mid-doing it as they were doing it.

Like, how many times am I supposed to buy that you've figured it out, only before kicking a stone and looking sad when you're wrong before I realize it's just an act and you're scum trying as hard as you can to play make believe with your own ideas?
-Bell
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5099 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:07 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5097, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 5095, Lukewarm wrote:
No, but it appears that you think it is? I mean you're positing a scum-Annie, with the sharding decisions as the smoking gun.
I responded to medea's post, agreeing that the choice, given the information that I have, seems like a strange choice if annie is town.

You asked me questions, trying to poke holes into why it made sense.

I responded to those.

From my pov, it is just one more thing that lines up with my read.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”