Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

If scum were going to win before, veerus's plan hands the game to scum on a
golden
platter.

If you hadn't claimed a power role, I would
so
be voting for you right now.

I don't have time to explain all the things wrong with this. Can someone else, maybe one of the other "confirmed" townies, explain?
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I don't like the plan veerus. There is way too much leeway for scum manipulation. They put their buddies around 2-3, and they manipulate that top spot to hit a townie. If townies can remain undivided enough to pick out scum and lynch them, then we can do so through a normal lynch, rather than a process that allows plenty of scum manipulation.

Personally, I'd prefer a case be made on someone and we go from there. I'd like to go back through and analyze each player in the game myself.

Sthar: Why would you be worried about me being able to get a mislynch on you if you are a town power role with a solid safe claim?

I think Sthar's claim makes sense from a purely "what we should have in the game" standpoint. Cop/Doc/Vig makes sense against goon/goon/RB. RB is something we almost certainly have in the game, because I see basically no likely scenario where Veerus is lying. I'm hesitant to buy it for a couple of reasons, and I don't want to write Sthar off completely, but at any rate, Sthar is certainly not the play for today.
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by veerus »

Goatrevolt wrote:I don't like the plan veerus. There is way too much leeway for scum manipulation. They put their buddies around 2-3, and they manipulate that top spot to hit a townie. If townies can remain undivided enough to pick out scum and lynch them, then we can do so through a normal lynch, rather than a process that allows plenty of scum manipulation.
Well, I was thinking that 5 (3 confirmed) townies vs 3 scum would favor the odds for a scum lynch. /shrug

Without giving weight to suspects, if everyone would list their top suspects, we can probably agree on someone who's probably on everyone's list.

Other than that.. I haven't had the time to re-read completely yet so I can't provide quotes, but the impression that I have is that both BAB and SC have been all over the place with their views throughout the game throwing suspicion whereever they can land it (BAB's latest speed-vote on SC being highly suspicious). My third suspect is skillit primarily based on the observation that after his argument with FL faded, he hasn't really contributed anything useful to the game until perhaps his last post questioning BAB's speed-vote.

I still want to see Electra's thoughts on everyone in the game as she hasn't provided anything useful from the time she replaced in.
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:45 pm

how is my latest speed vote on SC suspicious?
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by veerus »

P.S. Another notch against BAB is that he's gotten very vote happy which is not exactly a pro-town tactic considering we're in LYLO. (voting SC and threatening to vote me)
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by veerus »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:how is my latest speed vote on SC suspicious?
Look at, and reply to, skillit's post.
-Fight Club
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

veerus wrote:Well, I was thinking that 5 (3 confirmed) townies vs 3 scum would favor the odds for a scum lynch. /shrug
The problem lies in the idea that the town could be divided. Say 3 town pick scum as number 1, and 2 town pick a townie as number 1. Undivided scum could get that townie lynched easily.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:03 pm

Skillit seems to be purposely misunderstanding me.
I said exactly "I agree with SC being scum."
I didn't say I agree with the whole thing, or even that I thought electra was town.
I simply said I think SC is scum. How on earth did that statement confuse you?

Skillit doesn't say what I did was scummy, so why was it scummy, veerus?
Maybe it
wasn't?

We have to have 2 townies misvote to the lose the game. I'd rather use my vote when I can to try to progress this game then sit around and let everyone else decide who to lynch. Seriously, if didn't claim a power role I would so suspect you right now.

---

btw, just something interesting. If from now until the end of the game (assuming a NK and a lynch each night/day) if two people ever vote for the same person and the scum don't quickly hammer, then either at least one of those two people are scum, or the person they're voting for is scum.

other stuff: obv the best case scenario for today is that both power role claims are true, we lynch the roleblocker, and the cop is protected over night to make another investigation. I don't even know why I'm writting this right now.

oh, and I'm pretty much convinced Goat is town now (his reactions to Veerus's plan). I was totally wrong before.
Signature:
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:16 am

Post by sthar8 »

Goat: I didn't think my role was a safe claim if today was LYLO. Honestly, a cop with one result and the possible presence of a RB isn't as helpful to the town as, say, a doctor, after he has claimed. Odds are that my power does nothing else useful for the rest of the game, unless we get really lucky. I felt that it was likely that town might ignore my claim. Veerus's claim substantiated my roleblocker and strengthened my position.

We need more participation from SC, Electra, and Skillit.

My suspects at the moment are Electra, Skillit, and possibly BaB (pending his explanation for his vote)
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:47 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

StrangerCoug wrote:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:I agree with SC being scum.
vote: SC

I think this game is over for town. Even if we lynch correct today, i doubt that people won't lynch me 2 more days in a row. (and I don't see myself being NKed) If we weren't in LYLO, I'd volunteer myself simply because of how terribly I'm playing. I'm not trying to put pathos here, I'm serious.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. You vote me based on Electra's reasoning, which is solely his/her thought that Rage and skillit are town, and then you say you think the game is over for town? What on earth is this about?

HoS: BridgesAndBaloons
It would be nice if I saw a response to this.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

StrangerCoug - (1) BridgesAndBalloons

With 8 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch a player.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

Prodding Skillit and Electra.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:29 am

Post by Dean Harper »

If activity doesn't pick up, I will be placing a deadline on this day.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:26 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Just for kicks,
@Mod: Please prod everybody else.

Skillit
Skillit
Goon
Skillit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Skillit »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote: I didn't say I agree with the whole thing, or even that I thought electra was town. I simply said I think SC is scum. How on earth did that statement confuse you?
Skillit wrote: The only thing to me that makes sense is that you are meaning to say that you agree with just the part that sc is scum, but why just a vote? If you have other reasons (which im assuming you do, as if you dont you are admitting to be scum) then why not , oh i dont know . . .give us the reasons for your vote?
its confusing because someone said"given A and B i deduce C" then you said "I agree with C", however C was that you were scum with SC. not giving any other reasoning to the contrary logically asserts that you either arrived at C with the same reasoning(which implies that you are scum), no reasoning (which implies that you are scum), or reasoning that you for some reason do not feel like sharing (which implies that you are expecting to take your assertation as valid for no reason at all- which implies that you are scum) Thats why its confusing. Your post was vague, without backing and rather arbitrary. you also clearely did not read my entire post when you "answered" it in post 1182 - which is absolutely infuriating - especially since you did not reply to it until it was SPECIFICALLY asked by another person that you do so. you had no clue it was ever entered, or you did and had no intention of ever addressing it - which means you absolutely are not playing town in this game with anything that could be considered accuracy or good faith. this to me implies that you feel like you dont need to - why would scum need to carefully read? they just have to get that lynch right?

@mod - does that mean you will institute a deadline today, or one
for
today?
Think not those faithful who praise all thy words and actions; but those who kindly reprove thy faults.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Dean Harper »

That means I will institute on for today if posting doesnt increase.

Prodded BaB, veerus, sthar, rage, and Goatrevolt.

BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:15 am

Skillit, you really need to work on being concise; I can barely comprehend what you're saying.

You also need to realize that voting without explaining reasoning definitely does not imply that I am scum. This is such a huge
exaggeration

also, why would i
ever
agree that I'm scum? This is just a really weak case you're pushing. Seriously.

I need to reread you.

you're not "confirmed," right?
Excellent.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:32 am

This is mostly for my reference:

This post assumes that both power roles are correct claims, and Goat is not a gdfather.

Assuming both power roles are correct, we have
Veerus
sthar8(Styro/Gimbo)(Gojira)
Goatrevolt
confirmed.

There are three scum, and they are 3 of the following 4:

Electra(cerebus3)
StrangerCoug
Skillit
Rage

I changed my mind, it's definitely possible town can win this game. Let me point something out. I voted SC and who immediately jumped on me? Skillit did.
Signature:
Skillit
Skillit
Goon
Skillit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Skillit »

im so tired of this trash. just because you can't comprehend something does not mean that it is inconsise. concise does not mean easy to comprehend - it means shortly and clearly stated. my post was neither inconcise nor verbose - this is just semantical boo-hoo anyway unless you are accusing me of posting in a manner of intentionally being confusing. which is going to be a tough sell since it textbook deduction.

If you were so confused and incapable of understanding my "big bad post", why make 2 rapid fire posts about how im exagerating and pushing weak cases? if you need to reread because its soooo big and mean, why and how can you possibly feel entitled to attack what i said when you said twice that you couldnt understand it? kinda odd to say "i just simply cant understand what your saying but here is why its wrong"

Voting without explaining DOES in fact imply scumminess. Are you honestly advocating voting w/o explaining reasonings? why would you NOT provide the reasoning behind why you think someone is scum? if you are right, you generate discussion that leads to scum lynch, if wrong you generate discussion that likely leads to you looking elsewhere for scum. asserting that a lack of reasoning and unfounded voting is pro town is innane and really questionable.

"There are three scum, and they are 3 of the following 4" - where are you on this helpful lil list?? kinda misleading to omit yourself

Skillit doesn't say what I did was scummy, so why was it scummy, veerus?
it was SC and maybe veerus who " immediately jumped on you" not me. By your OWN admission my post was not jumping on you at all for the vote. You actually used the fact that it was not attacking you to actually DEFEND yourself just a few posts ago. why would you claim this now? curiously right after i DO make a post against you. hmmmm...
Think not those faithful who praise all thy words and actions; but those who kindly reprove thy faults.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Rage »

Your list is flawed. You aren't up there. This is how I see it:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:There are three scum, and they are 3 of the following
5:

BridgesAndBaloons(GhostWriter)
Electra(cerebus3)
StrangerCoug
Skillit
Rage
You are far from confirmed. In fact, everyone is far from confirmed.

Regarding the power-role claims, the only way that I can think of them being a step closer to confirmed are, well, tomorrow. There's no need to make this sacrifice right now, but if Veerus is telling the truth, then we will probably lose him, and if he isn't, then we might lose Sthra8.
BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Skillit seems to be purposely misunderstanding me.
I said exactly "I agree with SC being scum."
I didn't say I agree with the whole thing, or even that I thought electra was town.
I simply said I think SC is scum. How on earth did that statement confuse you?
Problem is, you left so much room for interpretation that, of course, you have to expect someone is going to read it wrong. That's just the way words are. Do you see Skillit intentionally reading your posts wrong?
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Rage »

Argh, I meant for the list to read:
Rage wrote:Veerus
sthar8(Styro/Gimbo)(Gojira)
Goatrevolt
BridgesAndBaloons (GhostWriter)
Electra(cerebus3)
StrangerCoug
Skillit
Rage
[/quote]
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

This seems like much fanfare about nothing concrete. Inconcise =/= scummy. BaB voting for SC doesn't mean that he's admitting to being scum.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Of the people that didn't claim a power role, I suspect BridgesAndBaloons the most. He needs to stop dodging my question about why he voted me based solely on Electra's reasoning, which implicates him too, and then decided to be pessimistic about town winning.

veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by veerus »

Unless I am persuaded otherwise by the other two confirmed townies (goat & sthar8), I will probably cast my vote for BAB soon. I have a few reasons for this.

BAB seems to never have a solid opinion that he sticks to and many of his actions seem to be hasty which is highly suspicious at this stage of the game. Namely, he's way too liberal with his votes. He threatened to outright vote for me earlier for my poorly thoughtout voting count. He voted SC quickly, on a whim and in response to a statement from a non-confirmed town without really giving his reasoning for the vote. As others have pointed out, Electra's statement also implicated BAB which didn't stop him from using it to cast a vote on his scum buddy. (on a side note, since Electra named two "townie" looking people, she indirectly implied that she's scum). BAB's "town doesn't have a chance" comment also stinks.
Goatrevolt wrote:This seems like much fanfare about nothing concrete. Inconcise =/= scummy. BaB voting for SC doesn't mean that he's admitting to being scum.
True, but his vote in LYLO without an explanation doesn't inspire confidence either.

Goat's suspicions from D2 also raise alarms since BAB was unable to produce a good enough defence for his statements. In addition, some of his recent posts are full of misinformation. He fails to include himself in his little list of possible scum (psychological attempt.. out of sight - out of mind?). He claims that skillit was the only one questioned him about his SC vote when it was SC, skillit, myself, in that order. I realize I'm sort of rehashing some of the recent posts, but I've been thinking about it since yesterday.. just haven't had time to post.

I am
still
waiting for a list of thoughts on all players from Electra since she wasn't present for most of the game... she also hasn't really contributed much since her replacement, choosing to make relatively small posts without much content. As I said before, I had a townie vibe from Cerebus, but that may quickly change if such passive approach doesn't change.

Also, Rage, by claiming we (sthar and I) have effectively waived our ability to be the powerrole unless we lynch the mafia RB today. While BAB is most scummy, I do not think he's the mafia RB due to his predecessor's lack of activity in D1. This highly speculative and unfounded theory would be my biggest reason to try and get lucky by lynching the RB instead of what looks like a sure-scum on BAB.
-Fight Club
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Rage »

Veerus wrote:Also, Rage, by claiming we (sthar and I) have effectively waived our ability to be the powerrole unless we lynch the mafia RB today. While BAB is most scummy, I do not think he's the mafia RB due to his predecessor's lack of activity in D1. This highly speculative and unfounded theory would be my biggest reason to try and get lucky by lynching the RB instead of what looks like a sure-scum on BAB.
Oh, I get it. To make sure there is a Roleblocker, we have to lynch it today, otherwise we lose both of our powerroles. That is, if either of you are truly what you say you are. As you can tell, I'm still not one-hundred percent sure either of you are what you say, but I'm not willing to put my vote on either of you. It doesn't seem like a good idea during LYLO to help lynch a claimed powerrole, now does it?

But what I don't get is how you can say you will advocate a BAB lynch even though you think he isn't the RB, but also say that if we don't hit the Roleblocker we lose? I see nothing wrong with thinking the latter, but saying you'll lynch scum but want to lynch scum roleblocker is a little conflicting. Could you clear your position on this up, please?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”