Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5500 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5499, Spiffeh wrote:Oh and I stand by the fact that scum!Annie has no reason to clear me today.
@Spiff again. that claim came after you were already cleared
In post 5094, Lukewarm wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 3917, Medea the Alien wrote:"Manatee was human as of night one"
"Dunn was human as of night two"
"Spiffeh was human as of night three"

I feel like that's clearing only for Spiffeh.
In post 3950, Medea the Alien wrote:WTF, you think scum-mouse isn't demonic by now?

He's closer to clear than I am right now.
In post 4170, Medea the Alien wrote:Having spiffeh in your scum pool at daystart is extremely shocking to me, even prior to his clear.
In post 4175, Medea the Alien wrote:Right, I take that as fairly clearing, given I suspect scum wants to demonize themselves ASAP.

But even before that, the way he cased Pooky comes off as incredibly uninformed.

(^^) Medea talking about how clear spiff was from lld's clear, multiple times before (vv) Annie claiming a clear on Spiff
Spoiler:
In post 4272, Annie Edison wrote:We’re a one shot cop. We checked the mouse last night.

He is good.

I wanted it originally day 1 to check Medea but then it felt dumb to check Medea once they were tied to Dunn and the VCA after day 2 looked pretty clear wrt Medea and Dunn, and I spent four hours writing this wall about how rereading interactions spiffy seemed super sus and I was about to go all xeno 2 2.0 then Bork had to tell me he’s town snd im bad at this game

No I didn’t crumb it because *gestures everywhere*
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5501 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Here There Be Dragons »

how does being human make you clear?
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5502 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 5495, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5493, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 5491, Lukewarm wrote:imo, Bulge was super scummy when he was here, and then disappeared

Asking for a shard day 1, and then the scum team sharding them
when they could have sharded any one else.

His complete turn around on AA9 coming the moment me and manatee found the flavor stuff to back up my plan.

Making the blatantly anti-win con statement that he would rather us vote him out directly, then to hammer the fishes. Which, from a town!annie perspective is the equivalent of saying "would rather lose right now, then to give the town an extra shot if they are wrong about me" which is pretty :/
That part's not true? with one shard already, they were able to shard 2 players the same night by using the corruption+1 shard on manatee.
It is true. He could be sitting at 1 shard, and you could be a demon.

But they chose to do it the other way. Even though he claimed day 1 to have a demon ability strong enough to ask for a shard.
Night 2 -- manatee gets corrupted and 1 shard. Annie gets 1 shard.

Anyone besides Annie would require TWO shards on N2 in order to be demonized. We got 2 demons N2 because Annie had a shard.

It points to either AA9 having a demon ability of corruptor OR the corruptor being Naive, but the reason 2 demons were possible was because of the manatee corruption+shard.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5503 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5500, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5499, Spiffeh wrote:Oh and I stand by the fact that scum!Annie has no reason to clear me today.
@Spiff again. that claim came after you were already cleared
In post 5094, Lukewarm wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 3917, Medea the Alien wrote:"Manatee was human as of night one"
"Dunn was human as of night two"
"Spiffeh was human as of night three"

I feel like that's clearing only for Spiffeh.
In post 3950, Medea the Alien wrote:WTF, you think scum-mouse isn't demonic by now?

He's closer to clear than I am right now.
In post 4170, Medea the Alien wrote:Having spiffeh in your scum pool at daystart is extremely shocking to me, even prior to his clear.
In post 4175, Medea the Alien wrote:Right, I take that as fairly clearing, given I suspect scum wants to demonize themselves ASAP.

But even before that, the way he cased Pooky comes off as incredibly uninformed.

(^^) Medea talking about how clear spiff was from lld's clear, multiple times before (vv) Annie claiming a clear on Spiff
Spoiler:
In post 4272, Annie Edison wrote:We’re a one shot cop. We checked the mouse last night.

He is good.

I wanted it originally day 1 to check Medea but then it felt dumb to check Medea once they were tied to Dunn and the VCA after day 2 looked pretty clear wrt Medea and Dunn, and I spent four hours writing this wall about how rereading interactions spiffy seemed super sus and I was about to go all xeno 2 2.0 then Bork had to tell me he’s town snd im bad at this game

No I didn’t crumb it because *gestures everywhere*
So Annie's claim is a 1 shot cop that targetted you. They made that claim after you were cleared by someone else AND because they are claiming 1 shot, they will never have to give results again.

This is not a reason I am saying to scum read them. I am just pointing out that it is a bad reason to town bin them

fixed i hope but wow
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5504 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Spiffeh »

omg what have you done
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5505 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5502, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 5495, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5493, Snarky Fishes wrote:
In post 5491, Lukewarm wrote:imo, Bulge was super scummy when he was here, and then disappeared

Asking for a shard day 1, and then the scum team sharding them
when they could have sharded any one else.

His complete turn around on AA9 coming the moment me and manatee found the flavor stuff to back up my plan.

Making the blatantly anti-win con statement that he would rather us vote him out directly, then to hammer the fishes. Which, from a town!annie perspective is the equivalent of saying "would rather lose right now, then to give the town an extra shot if they are wrong about me" which is pretty :/
That part's not true? with one shard already, they were able to shard 2 players the same night by using the corruption+1 shard on manatee.
It is true. He could be sitting at 1 shard, and you could be a demon.

But they chose to do it the other way. Even though he claimed day 1 to have a demon ability strong enough to ask for a shard.
Night 2 -- manatee gets corrupted and 1 shard. Annie gets 1 shard.

Anyone besides Annie would require TWO shards on N2 in order to be demonized. We got 2 demons N2 because Annie had a shard.

It points to either AA9 having a demon ability of corruptor OR the corruptor being Naive, but the reason 2 demons were possible was because of the manatee corruption+shard.
The way the scum team did it, resulted in 2 new demons night two and 1 new demon night three.

If they did not want to turn annie (which they shouldn't based on annie's day 1), then they would have made 1 new demon night two and 1 new demon night three.

Both paths result in the
exact same number of demons
, and
the exact same number of people 1 shard away from being demons
at the start of this day phase.

The scum team did not need to demonize Annie. So, either annie is scum (and they wanted their ability) OR the scum team blatantly misplayed.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5506 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5505, Lukewarm wrote:The way the scum team did it, resulted in 2 new demons night two and 1 new demon night three.

If they did not want to turn annie (which they shouldn't based on annie's day 1), then they would have made 1 new demon night two and
2 new demons
night three.

Both paths result in the exact same number of demons, and the exact same number of people 1 shard away from being demons at the start of this day phase.

The scum team did not need to demonize Annie. So, either annie is scum (and they wanted their ability) OR the scum team blatantly misplayed.
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5507 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Medea the Alien »

In post 5505, Lukewarm wrote:The way the scum team did it, resulted in 2 new demons night two and 1 new demon night three.

If they did not want to turn annie (which they shouldn't based on annie's day 1), then they would have made 1 new demon night two and 1 new demon night three.

Both paths result in the exact same number of demons, and the exact same number of people 1 shard away from being demons at the start of this day phase.

I endorse this product and or service.
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5508 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Thank you bork. I was actually trying to fix it myself, but could not figure out what was broken >.<
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5509 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5501, Here There Be Dragons wrote:how does being human make you clear?
It actually doesn't anymore, now that the idea has been floated around that the corrupter had to stay human to have their ability.

But, at the start of the day, medea was working under the assumption that the scum team would prioritize demonizing themselves over giving out cool and shiny powers to the towns folk. So, the fact that spiff was not turned night 1 or night 2 was a good look for him, and was being treated as clearing at the time
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5510 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Listen, I agree it's weird and don't really have an answer for why scum would distribute the shards and demonize in this manner. I find it a little fruitless to try and outguess scum here, especially without knowing what their final role is, but I understand that's hypocritical given my case on AA9 is what I've primarily touted today.

Maybe scum hadn't decided for sure if they wanted me demonized by Night 2 and decided to maximize the amount of demons instead that Night instead. I agree that feels like a misplay. I have questions but overall still hold Annie as a townread for all the other reasons I mentioned previously.

Medea, I'm interested in your desired lim order for your PoE list (Annie, AA9, unwnd, Luke)
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5511 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:17 am

Post by unwnd »

I am bussing Annie please vote him.
Stop
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5512 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 5509, Lukewarm wrote:But, at the start of the day, medea was working under the assumption that the scum team would prioritize demonizing themselves over giving out cool and shiny powers to the towns folk. So, the fact that spiff was not turned night 1 or night 2 was a good look for him, and was being treated as clearing at the time
By logic AA9 is confirmed scum I'm glad you're seeing it my way! :P
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5513 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Annie Edison »

Can we kill AA9 yet?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5514 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Spiffeh »

that logic*
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5515 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Annie maybe this is an unanswerable question but do you have any ideas for why scum would demonize you Night 2 instead of Night 3?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5516 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:21 am

Post by unwnd »

Me and annie are laughing in our discord.

They are such fools. They'll never figure it out. We're going out for drinks after our victory.
Stop
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5517 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

Bell was able to DM me. His take is this:

Dragons should not be elimed for refusing to hammer us (this was a phone typo -- his message read "slimed" and that made me smile)

if AA9 refused, she should be elimmed.

A day or 2 ago when we discussed Rhea, I had said that I didn't think she would be lurky (though she tends to pop up pretty quickly at times when mentioned). Bell's come around to that point of view, so with my reason for scumreading Rhea basically being a corollary of his 2-out-of-these-3 logic. It's a low probability scenario, and I think just having that concern out there for future days is more than enough.

And I'm correct that his unwnd read is no longer a scum read.

I may start calling eliminations slimeinations after this game.
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5518 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Annie Edison »

A mixture of my tenet turnstile shenanigans and wanting that extra demon?

Those were my two front runners. At the time I was honestly feeling a bit cocky because my point about keeping the scum at a weird number held up
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5519 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Can someone point me to where it's explained in the rules that scum can forego their night kill to give out shards instead? I can't find it for some reason.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5520 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Lukewarm »

aa9 hammering you is a fine option imo.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5521 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5519, Spiffeh wrote:Can someone point me to where it's explained in the rules that scum can forego their night kill to give out shards instead? I can't find it for some reason.
It is in the sample mafia goon role pm in the op
Snarky Fishes
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Snarky Fishes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5522 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Snarky Fishes »

In post 5507, Medea the Alien wrote:

I endorse this product and or service.
how much of your scumread is on the basis of this?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5523 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Ok yeah I see it now.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #5524 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:29 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I am still targeting Dunnstral tonight (unless anyone has extreme objections). So Medea should maybe go elsewhere so we don't double up.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”